Random Thoughts of Randomness

On 8/7/2017 at 1:26 PM, Frost of the Gloaming said:

He doesn't like David Bowie........

Who's David Bowie?  (I know who he is.  Can't name a single song by him though).

• Confused 1

Warriors don't count reps and sets. They count tons.

My psychologist weighs 45 pounds, has an iron soul and sits on the end of a bar

Tally Sheet for 2019

Encouragement for older members: Chronologically Blessed Group;

Encouragement for newbie lifters: When we were weaker

3 hours ago, Frost of the Gloaming said:

there are just a few of his songs, and probably nowhere near the "best" of his work, just some of my favorites from him

I recognize the first 2.  Didn't know who the artist was.

Warriors don't count reps and sets. They count tons.

My psychologist weighs 45 pounds, has an iron soul and sits on the end of a bar

Tally Sheet for 2019

Encouragement for older members: Chronologically Blessed Group;

Encouragement for newbie lifters: When we were weaker

♫♪ It's the chance of a lifetime, in a lifetime of chance

And it's high time you joined in the dance... ♪♫

• Like 1

Tomu-san - Level 3 HalfOgre Ranger

[ STR 2 | DEX 2 | STA 3 | CON 8 | WIS 6 | CHA 2 ]

Spoiler

"A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects."

- Robert Heinlein, Time Enough for Love

"I came here to drink milk and kick ass. And I've just finished my milk."

- Maurice Moss

On 08/08/2017 at 2:07 PM, Frost of the Gloaming said:

Guzzi this is for you, -3

So today at the gym I felt the threading on my running shorts give out, that was a quick work out

Damn I realized how heavy I really am while doing jumping drills last night, it was fine going up, it was when gravity took over on the way down that I could actually feel the earth pulling me back; where as when I was skin and bones I didn't feel it as much

This gave me a laugh, thank you!  It's been a rough week, I had to put two of my furry friends to sleep on Monday, and Colin smashed his bike (and his hand, and bashed everything from head to toe) on Sunday.  Ugh!  I need another holiday! :hopelessness: 

• Like 1

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

Life is far too short to take seriously

I woke up this morning with Simon and Garfunkle's The Sound of Silence in my head.  Where the feck did that come from???  (It's not as odd as the time I woke up with the Baywatch theme playing inside my skull right enough, but unusual all the same.)

I couldn't remember any of the actual lyrics so googled it and found an awesome cover version that a friend of mine had introduced me to a year or so ago.  This one's for you @Frost of the Gloaming ;) 

• Like 4

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

I honestly don't think it would be a normal day for me if I didn't have some weird song stuck in my head.....

So this morning I was having a fight with anxiety, I got up and went to the gym and thought of all the things I need to get done, I almost ended my work out early but told myself "No I'm finishing this work out; and I'm doing ABC and if X,Y,Z doesn't get done to bad." I managed to get ABC and XY done I feel accomplished. my kids had breakfast, lunches are packed, they are dressed and at summer camp, the floor got swept, the dishwasher is running and the laundry that got put into the dryer last night so everyone could have clothes for the week was brought up to be folded. Goal is to make the lunches tonight. 

• Like 3

Between a rock and a hard place, use our finger nails to climb, it's all we know..........

Daily Mile

Perfer et obdura: Dolor hic tibi proderit olim

55 minutes ago, Frost of the Gloaming said:

I honestly don't think it would be a normal day for me if I didn't have some weird song stuck in my head.....

So this morning I was having a fight with anxiety, I got up and went to the gym and thought of all the things I need to get done, I almost ended my work out early but told myself "No I'm finishing this work out; and I'm doing ABC and if X,Y,Z doesn't get done to bad." I managed to get ABC and XY done I feel accomplished. my kids had breakfast, lunches are packed, they are dressed and at summer camp, the floor got swept, the dishwasher is running and the laundry that got put into the dryer last night so everyone could have clothes for the week was brought up to be folded. Goal is to make the lunches tonight. 

It is unbelievable how much work you have to do just to tread water when you have kids, huh?  Just keeping on top of the laundry, dishes, meals, homework... it's never ending!  And forget about trying to have any kind of life of your own, that's unpossible!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Frost of the Gloaming said:

Nice work!

my anxiety and depression were getting the best of me on the weekend. It was my Wife and My collective birthday party.  I said f it I'm gonna eat burgers and cake till I'm stuffed and had a goods night sleep.

• Like 2

That Disturbed cover got a grammy recently, I believe.  I like it better than the original, but the S&G version has a wistful '60s sort of charm.

Every saint has a past, and every sinner has a future.

Hylian Assassin 5'5", 143 lbs.
Half-marathon: 3:02
It is pitch dark. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

Tomu-san - Level 3 HalfOgre Ranger

[ STR 2 | DEX 2 | STA 3 | CON 8 | WIS 6 | CHA 2 ]

Spoiler

"A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects."

- Robert Heinlein, Time Enough for Love

"I came here to drink milk and kick ass. And I've just finished my milk."

- Maurice Moss

17 hours ago, Frost of the Gloaming said:

Ever have the feeling that you want to shave your head or get a tattoo? 

Go for it, unless they'll fire you for it. Shaved head is way more acceptable these days. For the tattoo, just spend time thinking about the right motive, get a GOOD artist and keep your neck, face, hand and arms up to the short sleeve length empty so you can cover up with a tshirt if needs be. Goooooo for ittttttt..... ;-)

Remember that sensory deprivation causes hallucinations

On 16/08/2017 at 1:57 PM, Frost of the Gloaming said:

Listening to my old school punk channel while cleaning up I heard this gem; 

I loved this!  I also got a laugh from the fact that they didn't sing the whole song, picking lines from various verses and just shoving them together. :D

On 16/08/2017 at 3:18 PM, Tomu-san said:

More people should make music like this. 

Now i feel that I have to keep the music going, so here's a track from a local band. 10 point to anyone who can make out the lyrics! :D