Random Thoughts of Randomness

When your hands have the muscle memory to play Beethoven's "Fur Elise" on guitar, not enough for the whole song but enough to surprise yourself and for other people to correctly identify the song without having played it in "years" 

• Like 2

Between a rock and a hard place, use our finger nails to climb, it's all we know..........

Daily Mile

Perfer et obdura: Dolor hic tibi proderit olim

Muscle memory is a curios thing.  Kudos on the Beethoven my friend. 

As someone who has experienced a loss of muscle memory I can tell you that simple little things you just take completely for granted can be a total BITCH to re-learn.  

I particularly remember trying to figure out how to jump.  Not flying leaps or anything, just how to make booth my feet leave the floor at the same time, even just by a millimetre.  I wish someone had thought to video me when I was trying, because it really was ridiculously funny.  I'd be doing that thing where you spin your arm (for some unknown reason) to try and build momentum, getting faster and faster and faster and t-h-e-e-e-e-e-n..... **anticlimax**

Id simply go onto my tip-toes. :D  

I genuinely could not figure out how to get my toes off the floor.  If only there was a video! :( 

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

Life is far too short to take seriously

music the guy in my office hates; 

Anyone else play the game where they would sit underwater and see how long they could hold their breath and holding it so long that they started seeing spots and had to gasp for air when you finally broke the surface........I'm going to take what I learned from that and apply it to my life. 

• Like 1

Between a rock and a hard place, use our finger nails to climb, it's all we know..........

Daily Mile

So I was singing along to the Rolling Stones "Beast of Burden" when a secretary walks into my office and I made direct eye contact with her with the line "All I want is for you to make love to me" and the response I got besides the smile was "Dammit that song is going to be stuck in my head all day" 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Daily Mile

Wow so on of my friends posted about the band Everclear which got me listening to them and watching some of their videos and it brought me back to the late 90's early 00's when I looked almost exactly like the lead singer right down to the bleach blonde hair 

which after the roots really started to show I shaved it down into a mohawk that looked something like this; (lead singer Fran Healy)

• Like 1

Daily Mile

Sadly only time is what will help, getting blitzed or stoned out of your mind doesn't really help; that is from personal experience. And if it's unrequited your best bet is to just move on no matter how painful it feels. That is also from personal experience.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Daily Mile

8 hours ago, Frost of the Gloaming said:

Wow so on of my friends posted about the band Everclear which got me listening to them and watching some of their videos and it brought me back to the late 90's early 00's when I looked almost exactly like the lead singer right down to the bleach blonde hair 

Man these guys went down hill. :( 

This sounds like one of their earlier songs but with all tha good stuff removed.  Shame, 'cos they were really fucking good back in the day.  I can't remember what the song (that I think is is a rip-off of) is called, but here's a couple of my favourites anyway. :D 

Well, I would share some more but YouTube ain't playing ball.  All the videos are "unavailable" for some reason.  Balls!

• Like 1

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

We bought and filled up book bags full of school supplies for the upcoming school year, so one kid is going to have an entirely cat themed school year and the other is going to have one that is Batman and Minions (from my 4 year old haha)

• Like 2

Daily Mile

How is it Friday already, argh.  stop the earth spinning for a sec plz, I just need to catch my breath kthx.

I either need to quit working weekends, quit procrastinating, or quit freaking about work.

Um, yeah right Raincloak, like any of that's gonna happen...

Every saint has a past, and every sinner has a future.

Hylian Assassin 5'5", 143 lbs.
Half-marathon: 3:02
It is pitch dark. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

33 minutes ago, Frost of the Gloaming said:

YUGE HUGS FOR RAINCLOAK!!!!!

Wot he said. ;) 

(--------------------------- HUG ---------------------------)

• Like 1

Ugh, well it's my first physio day today so hopefully it's good news or at least easy news.

been having a bit of shoulder problem for about a month so I'm going in to get looked at. Not a ton of pain but enough that I want to nip it in the bud.

also my wife's friend came by and she's a registered dietician . She put all my numbers through a fancy computer program and says I need to eat more and get more fats so I'm up to 2400 cals with a pro/carb/fat of 40/30/30.

i hope this does something I feel like I've been stuck at 220 forever(more like 2 months)

ugh gross self pity, go away

19 minutes ago, Sjard said:

How long would be a "normal" time to get over it and when should I give up and get used to the "pain"?

It's different for everyone, with a lot depending on the circumstances you are going through

Daily Mile

It will get better, just takes time.  You can't rush getting over grief, it happens when it happens, like a fruit getting ripe.  You try to eat the fruit when it's green, it's bitter and awful, but if you wait long enough and leave it on the stem, it will turn sweet.  Someday you will look back on this and smile.  Honest.

If you feel an inclination to hurt yourself for a distraction, or in hopes that the pain will stop, please talk to a professional.  They even have texting-friendly hotlines now, you don't have to call.  You have a therapist right in your pocket for emergencies.  (For long term treatment, though, you need to go to a live meeting.)  Depression is treatable, so do not imagine that your suffering is endless.  It can get better if you will only ask for help.

If you just have the urge to cry, listen to sad music and hide from the world, feel free to indulge it for a week or so.  That' normal.  Then start hanging with your friends and going out in public again, even if you don't quite feel like you want to.  It's not good to be alone too much.  Sometimes I have to force myself to take a dose of social activity, like it's medicine.  I always hate the first few minutes, but I always feel better afterwards.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Every saint has a past, and every sinner has a future.

Hylian Assassin 5'5", 143 lbs.
Half-marathon: 3:02
It is pitch dark. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

What Raincloak 100% the truth, also it may take you a few tries before you find the right therapist, I am on #4 but finally found a good one

Woohoo I am not the one that set off the fire alarm in the complex this morning, small wins lol

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Daily Mile

For those with Amazon Prime check out the Tick series it's more Arthur centric which I actually like a lot. Hopefully they will make more episodes

Also it has sweaty words and some over the top violence (trust me it works)  so not for kids

Daily Mile

22 hours ago, Frost of the Gloaming said:

For those with Amazon Prime check out the Tick series...

Ok, but I'm blaming you if it's crap. ;) 

• Like 2