Random Thoughts of Randomness

If I was stuck dating a whiny young monk because the plot said so, and didn't even get any good dialogue, I'd probably spend a lot of time getting manicures and meditating too.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Every saint has a past, and every sinner has a future.

Hylian Assassin 5'5", 143 lbs.
Half-marathon: 3:02
It is pitch dark. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

3 hours ago, Sjard said:

Since you can't delete your account, is there a faster way to "hide" all your posts than opening them one by one?

Have you tried asking in this forum?

The Great Reading Thread of 2024

“I've always believed that failure is non-existent. What is failure? You go to the end of the season, then you lose the Super Bowl. Is that failing? To most people, maybe. But when you're picking apart why you failed, and now you're learning from that, then is that really failing? I don't think so." - Kobe Bryant, 1978-2020. Rest in peace, great warrior.

Personal Challenges, a.k.a.The Saga of Scalyfreak: Tutorial; Ch 1; Ch 2; Ch 3; Ch 4; Ch 5; Ch 6; Intermission; Intermission II; Ch 7; Ch 8; Ch 9; Ch 10; Ch 11; Ch 12 ; Ch 13; Ch 14Ch 15; Ch 16; Ch 17; Intermission IIICh 18; Ch 19; Ch 20; Ch 21; Ch 22; Ch 23; Ch 24; Ch 25; Intermission IV; Ch 26; Ch 27; Ch 28; Ch 29; Ch 30; Ch 31; Ch 32; Ch 33; Ch 34; Ch 35; Ch 36; Ch 37; Ch 38; Ch 39; Ch 40; Intermission V; Ch 41; Ch 42; Ch 43; Ch 44; Ch 45; Ch 46; Ch 47; Intermission VI; Ch 48; Ch 49; Ch 50

5 hours ago, Sjard said:

Since you can't delete your account, is there a faster way to "hide" all your posts than opening them one by one?

Email contact@nerdfitness.com for help.

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

Stir fry with eggs for breakfast FTW!

So for the past 8 weeks we have been trying to eat clean, this last weekend it was just super busy so we scrapped the diet for convenience every ones stomach was hurting them last night; needless to say I am creating a shopping list as we speak. 

• Like 1

Between a rock and a hard place, use our finger nails to climb, it's all we know..........

Daily Mile

Perfer et obdura: Dolor hic tibi proderit olim

When you're prepping the next nights meal dancing to Talking Heads - Naive Melody with your 4 year old, when you realize this is exactly how life is supposed to be......

Home is where I want to be
Pick me up and turn me round
I feel numb - born with a weak heart
I guess I must be having fun
The less we say about it the better
Make it up as we go along
Feet on the ground
Head in the sky
It's ok I know nothing's wrong... nothing

Hi yo I got plenty of time
Hi yo you got light in your eyes
And you're standing here beside me
I love the passing of time
Never for money
Always for love
Cover up and say goodnight... say good night

Home - is where I want to be
But I guess I'm already there
I come home - she lifted up her wings
I guess that this must be the place
I can't tell one from another
Did I find you, or you find me?
There was a time
Before we were born
If someone asks, this where I'll be... where I'll be

Hi yo
We drift in and out
Hi yo
Sing into my mouth
Out of all those kinds of people
You got a face with a view
I'm just an animal looking for a home and,
Share the same space for a minute or two
And you love me till my heart stops
Love me till I'm dead
Eyes that light up, eyes look through you
Cover up the blank spots
Hit me on the head
Ah ooh

• Like 3

Between a rock and a hard place, use our finger nails to climb, it's all we know..........

Daily Mile

My boss was a millstone today.  I wanted to scream the whole day.  By the time I got out of there I was SO ready to work out and blow off some fury.

• Like 2

My 4 year old, got up and didn't like that fact that she had to go to daycare today; I feel her pain and if I didn't have the holiday party at work today I would have probably called in

on the plus side we are supposed to be getting around 3 inches of snow tomorrow, and I managed to get all the outside yard stuff put away yesterday so I'm all set

Daily Mile

We do a themed family photo of just the boys and our offspring every year for Christmas for my mother, this year the theme was Star Wars. Tis the season, the portrait studio was running 45 mins behind and I promised the girls that if they behaved they could get a pretzel afterwards; they behaved. So into the mall we went, as Rey, Princess Leia and a Sith Lord.

Peoples reactions were funny, we got the OMGWTFIWWY stares and the people who thoroughly enjoyed it

Next year is Glam Metal, that I am planning on going shopping through the mall afterwards. 

• Like 3

Daily Mile

Things you can laugh about after the fact,; I get notices on my phone for local traffic. Going through my messages I found one from Friday to avoid the area of Rt 4 because of heavy traffic delays, yep some idiot kid did not see the stopped school bus on the other side of the road before he was in my backseat, luckily my daughter and I are unhurt, I think the poor kid broke his leg. 

• Sad 1

Daily Mile

Do NOT give any statements saying you and offspring are unhurt, Frosty.  You may have soft tissue injuries (whiplash, etc) but it can take a couple days to feel it.  Adrenaline covers it up at the scene and the inflammation takes time to appear.  Even a light jolt can give you an injury that really hurts later. And it sounds like this was a lot more than that.

Report to the police and/or state patrol and inform your insurer the collision occurred, but don't say you weren't hurt.  Take pics of all the vehicles and the scene and keep those in a safe place.  If the insurance co (yours or the boy's) give you any quibbles, you may need to consult an attorney.

Pay close attention to your body this week and ask your daughter to tell you if she feels ANY soreness or stiffness.  If that happens, see a doctor ASAP for diagnosis, even if you think you don't need treatment.  It's important to get it on the record that you experienced pain and got examined, and the timing thereof.  Report it to your insurance co, but don't minimize or exaggerate, just say you were hurt and went to the doc.

• Like 1

Yea I learned a few years ago never say anything to insurance companies and never give statements until you are checked out by the Doctor. My daughter is sore, cranky and has a bruise from where the seat belt was but overall can move fine and no significant bruising, no complaining of headaches or blurred vision :knockonwood: myself I'm just a little sore in the shoulder area (belt side) no headaches nothing like that; but I am paying attention to myself and am keeping a close eye on my daughter

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Daily Mile

The problem with trying to plan a snowshoe racing schedule is you don't know if more than half of them are going to be cancelled due to lack of snow

Which has been a major issue around the area for the past few years 

Daily Mile