Random Thoughts of Randomness

and can pull out fillings, that was not fun

easy peasy caramel recipe, take a can of condensed milk and simmer it for 2-3 hours make sure the can is completely covered by water for the entire time , it's more Dulce de Leche than sticky caramel   

• Like 1

Between a rock and a hard place, use our finger nails to climb, it's all we know..........

Daily Mile

Perfer et obdura: Dolor hic tibi proderit olim

Very nice pic Frosty!

I wanted hard crunchy caramel, not the sticky kind (it was for candied nuts), so no milk/cream in there.  but appreciate the culinary suggestion :)

The nuts were a huge hit, everybody wanted a taste of my sweet sweet nuts.  hur hur hur.

• Like 1

Every saint has a past, and every sinner has a future.

Hylian Assassin 5'5", 143 lbs.
Half-marathon: 3:02
It is pitch dark. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

... 2nd episode of black mirror (fifteen million merrits).... analysis video of it had over 250k hits on youtube.....?!  brilliant episode, straight-forward, simple and in-your-face-like-a-wet-towel... who'd need an analysis/explanation of anything in it? ...... jeeeeeez.... they're all crazy...  crazy! i tell me.....

Remember that sensory deprivation causes hallucinations

I have yet to see an episode of that show. Though in all honesty we are 10 days into the New Year and I've only semi-watched one football playoff game because my team was in it

Luds I'm looking at your signature thinking to myself I need to make an appointment to use the Isolation Tank

Hmm that may be a good reward for my 100 day challenge, Massage at day 30, don't know what for 60 and Isolation Tank for 100

• Like 1

Between a rock and a hard place, use our finger nails to climb, it's all we know..........

Daily Mile

Good: Saving the Company a ton of money by fixing machines instead of replacing them

Bad: Some of the machines are so old that I can no longer get parts to make repairs

Worse: Paperwork for getting rid of said machines and even more paperwork to get said machines replaced

Daily Mile

So to cross thread, would you rather give up sex or exercise? And if you are a sweater is it acceptable to wear a headband during the act?

(Disclaimer, the original question was blow jobs and cheese; I dislike cheese so I changed it)

Daily Mile

It's acceptable to wear whatever you and your partner(s) want, on whichever bit of anatomy you care to don it.

I'm given to understand that for many people, sex is the only exercise they get.

Me: sad and unproductive because I hate my job.

Relatives: you don't need to like your job, you just have to be productive.

Me:  I work and pay my bills.  I just don't work very hard.

Relatives: You must work hard and excel.  Everyone else in the clan does.

Me:  Everyone else in the clan likes their job.

Relatives: your desires don't matter, who says you have the right to put yourself first?

Me:  Um... that's why I'm sad.

Relatives: stop being sad, you'd be happy if you worked harder.

AShkljgdnrfffe.  I can't even.  I think I need some help.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

e1a593a4a8d938576ba069707486ed06.jpg

Also, I'd encourage selective listening/hearing. Listening-the act of hearing the words someone else says...

hearing-the act of giving a fuck what the other person says.

I heard it on prairie home companion (fuck em for calling it "live from here" now) this past weekend: Treat your job like going to the bathroom. You're gonna have to do it. So go in there, do it quickly, and try not to think about it when you leave.

Or take the homer simpson approach...you go in there everyday a do it half assed.

I've had jobs like that, situations, and relationships. I pray it passes like a bad day of gas

• Like 1

Fitbit username: farflight   (would love to have more people on there)

Getting life in order is a challenge worth doing.

Happiness is the journey, not the destination (took me forever to learn that)

All I can say is update the resume and send it out; that is what I'm actively doing right now

The people I work with make me not want to be here right now and all the frustration is just causing me to shut down and not give a shit, which makes me exactly like them which I f'n hate. So I have sent out my resume to at least 10 different places so far, fingers crossed. 

• Like 1

Daily Mile

18 hours ago, Raincloak said:

Me: sad and unproductive because I hate my job.

Relatives: you don't need to like your job, you just have to be productive.

Me:  I work and pay my bills.  I just don't work very hard.

Relatives: You must work hard and excel.  Everyone else in the clan does.

Me:  Everyone else in the clan likes their job.

Relatives: your desires don't matter, who says you have the right to put yourself first?

Me:  Um... that's why I'm sad.

Relatives: stop being sad, you'd be happy if you worked harder.

AShkljgdnrfffe.  I can't even.  I think I need some help.

Well that's enough to suck the life out of a person for the entire time being in their company. 

Bottom line, hating your ob eventually weighs you down and doesn't do much for general well-being. And if you dn't put yourself first, who will? 

Being unhappy with the job means one thing - getting out there and finding something more suitable and less nerves consuming. 

On 1/24/2018 at 9:05 AM, Frost of the Gloaming said:

All I can say is update the resume and send it out; that is what I'm actively doing right now

The people I work with make me not want to be here right now and all the frustration is just causing me to shut down and not give a shit, which makes me exactly like them which I f'n hate. So I have sent out my resume to at least 10 different places so far, fingers crossed. 

All I can say is that I feel you. I'm in the same boat right now, waking up each morning is such a struggle.

• Like 1

No thanks, those are our summer highs here.....I'm actually not that happy that it is 40 degree's here, this weekend is normally our snowshoe race which has be converted into a trail run and the 3 on 3 hockey tourney has been cancelled wtf happened to winter around here?

But I am trying to make the best of things by hopefully getting some early work done on the garden. 

• Like 1

Daily Mile

Winters is happening here...

• Like 1

Tomu-san - Level 3 HalfOgre Ranger

[ STR 2 | DEX 2 | STA 3 | CON 8 | WIS 6 | CHA 2 ]

Spoiler

"A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects."

- Robert Heinlein, Time Enough for Love

"I came here to drink milk and kick ass. And I've just finished my milk."

- Maurice Moss

The upper 80s/low 90s is actually pretty close to our normal summertime temps. The difference (and it is considerable) is the humidity, which has been mercifully low. In the summer it is close to 100% most days, so it feels much warmer than what the actual air temp would indicate.

However, it is February and still technically winter, so I would prefer we go back normal please and thanks..

We will never see the best version of ourselves inside our comfort zone

1 hour ago, JustCallMeAmber said:

which has been mercifully low. In the summer it is close to 100% most days

I'll be happy to pack up some memphis humidity for you....really get tired of triple digit temps and 80-90% humidity...

Open the door and its like...

giphy.gif

...and you're all..."Nah, I don't need food today...I'll just sit here"

Then you get to your car...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Fitbit username: farflight   (would love to have more people on there)

Getting life in order is a challenge worth doing.

Happiness is the journey, not the destination (took me forever to learn that)