Random Thoughts of Randomness

ha when you live in the polar opposite and you don't want to open your door in the winter, however being able to use your mud room as an extra fridge/freezer comes in handy during winter parties. 

Yep, we’ve had times (luckily not this winter!) where the weather locks the power out, so after a while you just start sticking food from the fridge and freezer that you don’t want to go bad outside, in a cooler on the deck, or in the garage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ha I've been working with excel, access and some other programs building up a new database at work so much that when I opened up Word I had no clue what the hell I was doing for a second, ummmm ya I got this.... 

• Like 1

Between a rock and a hard place, use our finger nails to climb, it's all we know..........

Daily Mile

Perfer et obdura: Dolor hic tibi proderit olim

I think I'm going to take my last two bucks (cash in my pocket not my life) and play the Mega millions, had a convo with my oldest daughter and she came up with the idea that if we hit the lotto we would just start raising Alpaca's, Pumpkins and the cash crop of Hemp.  

Between a rock and a hard place, use our finger nails to climb, it's all we know..........

Daily Mile

I think I should contact a mod with this, but if, hypothetically, I made a battle log,

and part of my goals would be writing? And suppose further some of them would happen to

be erotic stories, with sex? *blushes* If I were to link those, NF isn't the place for that?

I seem to remember having read somewhere official it isn't ok to publish sexy things on the forums?

(I'd be glad, if a little flustered to share, and y'all can pm me for those,

but do not ask unless you really want to know :P)

"There is beauty in hardship / There are poems in grief" -Assemblage 23, Damaged

| STR:2.25 | DEX:2.25 | STA:2 | CON:1.25 | CHA:3.25 | WIS:7 | A place I will collect my woots - if I remember

Challenges | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 |  6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 15.115.2 |

Milythaels'  HOoRAY for which I am grateful | Today, right now, I am alive. And that is good.

It is amazing the power of those small gestures of love and kindness have on our lives. <3 - Liberator

"I myself am made entirely of flaws, stiched together with good intentions." - Augusten Burroughs, Magical thinking:True stories

"Pick up the pieces and keep going, one painfully slow step at a time." Hiraedd the twice-risen, hamadryad. 

"Spread love and understanding. Use force if necessary." - Leon Trotsky

"Let me think about the people I care about the most, and when they fail or disappoint me, I still love them, I still give them chances, and I still see the best in them. Let me extend that generosity to myself." zefrank1, An Invocation for Beginnings

"I don't feel guilty for wanting. That's like being mad because you have to breathe or pee. It just is." Someone in Reddit

"If you do strange things, strange things will happen!"

"That's it! Now go make something beautiful." -Jake Parker

23 hours ago, Fearkiller said:

I think I should contact a mod with this, but if, hypothetically, I made a battle log,

and part of my goals would be writing? And suppose further some of them would happen to

be erotic stories, with sex? *blushes* If I were to link those, NF isn't the place for that?

I seem to remember having read somewhere official it isn't ok to publish sexy things on the forums?

(I'd be glad, if a little flustered to share, and y'all can pm me for those,

but do not ask unless you really want to know :P)

There's no problem referencing that you are writing those stories. If anyone wants to see them PMing them a link should circumvent any problems. Thanks for asking ahead of time.

• Like 1

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

Ugh, the weather is so lame these days. Gray and gloomy and lots of slushy snow. I was all set to start going on long walks again but nooooooooooo, mommy nature decided to be a %*@#!

On another note, a couple of weeks ago the weather was wonderful and there were a lot of people jogging outside. And then, there was that group... Imagine a bunch of people or various ages, kids included, exercising together. Sounds pretty nice, right? Except, they were blocking pedestrian traffic due to taking a whole corner of the sidewalk for their workout. Also some of them had terrible form. This guy was trying to do squats but he barely bent his knees and bent at the hip instead. It looked like a cross between a power curtsy and a bow. Very weird. And I'm not sure how to describe the push ups I saw...

Current form: Chubby House Cat (lvl4)

Weight objective: 20%

S. 4 P. 6 E. 4 C. 7 I. 8 A. 4 L. 5

Battle log

Current Challenge

Handy linky.

Tell me about it, we are only 14 days into March and we already have had over 40 inches of snow for the Month and it looks like we are in for another snow storm again next week

Yep. My district has already had a snow day in March, and probably should’ve cancelled again today. I wanted to go to the zoo before our membership runs out in April. It’s not looking promising.

I discovered last week that my local library has a Socrates Café every other Friday, so I - being the inquisitive and slightly weird person that I am - attended.

Long story short, it was an absolute blast, and now I can't fathom any reason why this isn't a featured event literally anywhere/everywhere.

• Like 4

Evicious, Khajjit Ranger STR 7 | DEX 13 | STA 3 | CON 6 | WIS 16 | CHA 4

Current 4WC: Evicious: The Unburdening II + Blitz Week!

Fitocracy! I Play To Win!

Keep up the momentum!

15 hours ago, Evicious said:

I discovered last week that my local library has a Socrates Café every other Friday, so I - being the inquisitive and slightly weird person that I am - attended.

Long story short, it was an absolute blast, and now I can't fathom any reason why this isn't a featured event literally anywhere/everywhere.

What, pray tell, is a Socrates Café? They don't put hemlock in a random cup of coffee, do they?

• Like 3

Tomu-san - Level 3 HalfOgre Ranger

[ STR 2 | DEX 2 | STA 3 | CON 8 | WIS 6 | CHA 2 ]

Spoiler

"A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects."

- Robert Heinlein, Time Enough for Love

"I came here to drink milk and kick ass. And I've just finished my milk."

- Maurice Moss

16 minutes ago, Tomu-san said:

What, pray tell, is a Socrates Café? They don't put hemlock in a random cup of coffee, do they?

Negative. :P It's an informal meeting, open to anyone, to facilitate thoughtful discussions of ideas. For example, we discussed the concept of "integrity" at the one I attended. Topics are usually chosen by group vote at the beginning of the meeting, and then explored through mutual exchange between the group members. There's no agenda to it: the conversation follows the pace and direction of those participating. The only "rules" are that politics and religion are generally avoided, and members must behave courteously during the discussion (no interrupting, or deriding someone's character or intellect based on their response(s)).

• Like 3

Evicious, Khajjit Ranger STR 7 | DEX 13 | STA 3 | CON 6 | WIS 16 | CHA 4

Current 4WC: Evicious: The Unburdening II + Blitz Week!

Fitocracy! I Play To Win!

Keep up the momentum!

Negative. [emoji14] It's an informal meeting, open to anyone, to facilitate thoughtful discussions of ideas. For example, we discussed the concept of "integrity" at the one I attended. Topics are usually chosen by group vote at the beginning of the meeting, and then explored through mutual exchange between the group members. There's no agenda to it: the conversation follows the pace and direction of those participating. The only "rules" are that politics and religion are generally avoided, and members must behave courteously during the discussion (no interrupting, or deriding someone's character or intellect based on their response(s)).

That does sound kind of awesome.

• Like 1

I need to go to one of those type of events

I made a mistake, however I think the mistake might be for the good. I accidentally emailed out a copy of the new updated supply list, only I gave out the office directory version of it that has the item locations on it, so now when a Secretary comes in for a supply they can say to the idiots I work with  "Did you check Cabinet 1 Shelf 3?" 

• Like 2

Daily Mile

There's always a way to reuse them...

Tomu-san - Level 3 HalfOgre Ranger

[ STR 2 | DEX 2 | STA 3 | CON 8 | WIS 6 | CHA 2 ]

Spoiler

"A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects."

- Robert Heinlein, Time Enough for Love

"I came here to drink milk and kick ass. And I've just finished my milk."

- Maurice Moss

pancakes using shop tools... lol, whatever gets the man cooking.  Seems like a lotta trouble for a frisbee (the originl toys were just empty pie tins), but I guess you could always use it for a trivet.

Every saint has a past, and every sinner has a future.

Hylian Assassin 5'5", 143 lbs.
Half-marathon: 3:02
It is pitch dark. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

So much to do about nothing over this Mayochup, which is just Mayonnaise and Ketchup together. If you have ever eaten a Burger Kings Whopper you have eaten Mayochup and actually with traveling around I think a few fast food places do this. 

Daily Mile

What you plan for and what actually happens are two different things. 

At least I can say is that everyone from around here is dealing with the same type of training challenges that I am. Aka Where the hell is Spring? 

Daily Mile