Random Thoughts of Randomness

:vent: It's not your f'n job to worry about where packages are coming from it's your friggin job to deliver them

My tax return was spent on paying off an upcoming vacation and the little left over went to re-doing our kitchen

Between a rock and a hard place, use our finger nails to climb, it's all we know..........

Daily Mile

Perfer et obdura: Dolor hic tibi proderit olim

Even on days where children city-wide are in school and parents are at work I still cannot escape families and their crying toddlers going out to eat.

The latest incident was when a toddler in his booster seat threw a fit when his mommy took his Ipad away once or twice. Young children are becoming addicted to screens at earlier and earlier ages these days and I see it all the time at the restaurant where I work. :(

• Sad 2

E-screens are the psychic equivalent of junk food.  We are starting to understand what hyperpalatable fake foods do the body, but I think we have a ways to go on what fake stimuli do to the brain.

• Like 2

Every saint has a past, and every sinner has a future.

Hylian Assassin 5'5", 143 lbs.
Half-marathon: 3:02
It is pitch dark. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

I'm willing to experiment. Just planted pumpkin seeds for the kids it takes "100 days" until Harvest. So for the next 100 days I will be limiting my time on my phone and in front of the TV. I'm going to see what I can get done. 

Between a rock and a hard place, use our finger nails to climb, it's all we know..........

Daily Mile

1 minute ago, Frost of the Gloaming said:

I'm willing to experiment. Just planted pumpkin seeds for the kids it takes "100 days" until Harvest. So for the next 100 days I will be limiting my time on my phone and in front of the TV. I'm going to see what I can get done. 

Interesting experiment. Surely there must be some extra progress to be made, even just by a tiny amount if nothing else. I've been trying to cut back on my time spent on the ps4, it's difficult but the self discipline is there some days and not there on others.

I'm hoping with the nice weather finally here we'll be able to make lasting changes. It sucks when it's 16 hours of dark and below zero temps 

But yea I have issues with my self discipline at times too, I just have to find ways to distract myself that aren't work, because working all the time just makes me friggin cranky and you can only work out so much before that just becomes another thing. 

Daily Mile

hahaha my boss is impressed, so without talking to each other me and a co-worker gave the same exact answers about a new piece of machinery that we need. He gave more tech aspects than I did but I justified why we needed those tech aspects better. My boss was impressed.

she knows we didn't talk to each other because she sent an email out and less than 10 minutes with both answered it. 

• Like 2

Daily Mile

Abigail Rose; Detective; was assigned a murder case of a high end businessman socialite which had no leads and one drugged out witness who claimed it was a ghost of a friend.

Frost; human, ancient, feels like a demon, has developed a quasi-form of telepathy over the millennia. Pissed off Death while making a deal with Death, now works for Death in order to save the world from total annihilation.

Death, true ancient was around for the death of first atoms of the universe, only Chaos and Life are older. Has many forms Wrath and Peace on the opposite ends

Daily Mile

Take advantage, so today is a grey gloomy day with the high temps of mid 50's which unfortunately looks like the same weather I'll be running in for my half, so instead of bagging it I'm going to test my rain gear to make sure it works before race day. 

• Like 2

Daily Mile

The sad things I deal with on a daily basis, was talking about happy family life and my co-worker got up in a huff and slammed the office doors on his way out. Dude if me talking about getting the girls jazz drum lessons pisses you off that much go see a Therapist

How I can tell therapy is working, that shit doesn't bother me as much anymore, F him and his issues that I had nothing to do with. 

Daily Mile

Wow. That sounds pretty damn extreme (if he hasn't, like,

recently divorced or such) ..But just randomly?

My friend is quite possibly going to run a D&D campaign for beginners.

5th Ed, light on the rules, favouring narrative (if that's wanted by the group,

we are still planning and gathering people for this, 4+GM currently),

but homebrew monsters. Any tips, what to do, what not to do?

I'm trying to think of a character, now I got a sort of half-elf fighter/rogue hybrid,

who learned to fight with a pickaxe from a group of dwarven ambassadors

she travelled with,  and when she can't fight, she has very affable personality (and quick fingers) to help out,

but I really have no clue about more than that :lol:

"There is beauty in hardship / There are poems in grief" -Assemblage 23, Damaged

| STR:2.25 | DEX:2.25 | STA:2 | CON:1.25 | CHA:3.25 | WIS:7 | A place I will collect my woots - if I remember

Challenges | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 |  6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 15.115.2 |

Milythaels'  HOoRAY for which I am grateful | Today, right now, I am alive. And that is good.

It is amazing the power of those small gestures of love and kindness have on our lives. <3 - Liberator

"I myself am made entirely of flaws, stiched together with good intentions." - Augusten Burroughs, Magical thinking:True stories

"Pick up the pieces and keep going, one painfully slow step at a time." Hiraedd the twice-risen, hamadryad. 

"Spread love and understanding. Use force if necessary." - Leon Trotsky

"Let me think about the people I care about the most, and when they fail or disappoint me, I still love them, I still give them chances, and I still see the best in them. Let me extend that generosity to myself." zefrank1, An Invocation for Beginnings

"I don't feel guilty for wanting. That's like being mad because you have to breathe or pee. It just is." Someone in Reddit

"If you do strange things, strange things will happen!"

"That's it! Now go make something beautiful." -Jake Parker

still don't know how to play D&D

He has mentioned his wife a few times but trying to get any information out of him is impossible. Like we don't know when his birthday is, however we know about everything he hates. 

Daily Mile

Sounds.. fun. But yeah, shrug and move on?

"There is beauty in hardship / There are poems in grief" -Assemblage 23, Damaged

| STR:2.25 | DEX:2.25 | STA:2 | CON:1.25 | CHA:3.25 | WIS:7 | A place I will collect my woots - if I remember

Challenges | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 |  6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 15.115.2 |

Milythaels'  HOoRAY for which I am grateful | Today, right now, I am alive. And that is good.

It is amazing the power of those small gestures of love and kindness have on our lives. <3 - Liberator

"I myself am made entirely of flaws, stiched together with good intentions." - Augusten Burroughs, Magical thinking:True stories

"Pick up the pieces and keep going, one painfully slow step at a time." Hiraedd the twice-risen, hamadryad. 

"Spread love and understanding. Use force if necessary." - Leon Trotsky

"Let me think about the people I care about the most, and when they fail or disappoint me, I still love them, I still give them chances, and I still see the best in them. Let me extend that generosity to myself." zefrank1, An Invocation for Beginnings

"I don't feel guilty for wanting. That's like being mad because you have to breathe or pee. It just is." Someone in Reddit

"If you do strange things, strange things will happen!"

"That's it! Now go make something beautiful." -Jake Parker

On 5/1/2018 at 7:46 AM, Frost of the Gloaming said:

getting the girls jazz drum lessons

maybe he doesn't like drums :-P or he was doing an drum impression with the door? constipated? who knows. I'd shrug and move on as fearkiller suggested.

37 minutes ago, Frost of the Gloaming said:

Like we don't know when his birthday is, however we know about everything he hates. 

Admittedly, I can kind of understand about the birthday thing. At my last job, it ended up being a 2 year game for the staff to figure out when my birthday was (they eventually just called my wife and asked). Me personally/traditionally, didn't like birthdays. I like predictability, stability, normality (because it is so rare in the schools I work), I always felt outta place when people start treating me differently. 

On the other part of that comment, I try to be open with co-workers, but for every complaint I launch, I try to get a few good laughs out to counteract. I must not be too off putting since people keep coming by my cubicle........

Image result for yeah that'd be great gif

• Like 1

Fitbit username: farflight   (would love to have more people on there)

Getting life in order is a challenge worth doing.

Happiness is the journey, not the destination (took me forever to learn that)

:snort: so with the last email upgrade they gave us the ability to make pictures as a user profile, pretty much everyone is professional then you get the running club and it's me dressed as a viking, animals, running photo's or aka non-professional photo's 

Daily Mile

28 minutes ago, Frost of the Gloaming said:

and it's me dressed as a viking, animals, running photo's or aka non-professional photo's 

I think this sums it up...

Image result for ron swanson smiles gif

seriously though..."oh an email from frost....HOLY SHIT VIKING! REPLY! REPLY! SAVE YOURSELF! BURN THE VILLAGE!"

Yesterday I offered to help my sis-in-law with yard work.  Then I noticed my brother's honeybees had swarmed and were resting on a nearby branch.  Cue a multi-hour saga of wrestling with a heavy ladder, discovering the swarm was still out of reach, getting scratched by thorny bushes, sweating in a beeproof suit on an 80-degree day, and braving mobs of annoyed bees while I tried to shake the queen off her branch into our waiting box.  All for naught, as we couldn't get her down.   Took a break to get a snack and the swarm decided to leave.  Then my brother wanted me to chase the swarm on foot (good luck, they can fly dude, I lost them detouring around three houses they just went over) and THEN he insisted on stalking around the neighborhood asking people, "Did you see a giant cloud of bees go past recently?"  Having spent like my whole day staring at bees, I am literally seeing bees in my dreams.

Oh well.  At least I got a bunch of exercise.

• Like 2

That sounds like a fun afternoon to me, probably because I'm a weirdo

Can your brother by a new queen? 

The only thing I know about bee's is how to identify them and how to follow them to their hives. I have never ever attempted to harvest any of the honey  I find in the woods.  

Daily Mile

16 hours ago, Raincloak said:

Did you see a giant cloud of bees go past recently?"

Image result for bees gif tommy boy

• Haha 2

In theory, the queen that just left should have laid some eggs before she took off, so the remaining bees in that hive should be able to raise a new one.  If not, my brother could order a new one, but he might have to do some looking since a lot of the breeders are sold out for the season already.  He also has a second hive he could maybe crib a queen cell from.  I dunno, he's the beekeeper, not me. 

The hive isn't ruined because a swarm got away, this is how they divide naturally.  In fact he believes the hive already swarmed once this season when no one was looking (!)  I think he could tell because he checks the hive regularly and he noticed some bees and a queen missing.  The half of it that stayed will probably be fine, but we lost a heap of workers, one queen, and all the honey they ate to prepare for their trip.  Had we caught them, we would basically be getting an extra new bee colony for free.  And my brother (who is hard to impress) would have sung my praises for weeks, if not months.