Random Thoughts of Randomness

You know what's fun? Not being allowed to eat tomatoes, onions, garlic, ginger, chamomile, cranberries, blueberries, dark chocolate, or any alcohol or other things that cause blood thinning. Know what's even more fun than that? Also not eating certain meats died to religion. Even more fun? Trying to do all of this IN JAPAN where they think bacon isn't pork and not only are all my no no-foods constantly in things but also there are 80 millions onions and if I forget to mention one of them as an allergy, that will inevitably be the one that shows up in my food, because onion A and onion B aren't both onions in Japanese.

And now my doctor wants me to go low-carb. Happily! Mind telling me how to do that IN JAPAN, land of rice and noodles and ridiculously expensive produce and dairy?!? At least I'm still allowed chicken and fish. 

Wow that basically leaves you with chicken and greens, good thing is that there is 1000 different marinades that will keep it from all tasting the same. Yea I tried to come up with a couple of Mediterranean recipes and everything I make has either garlic, onion, or tomatoes in it and the ones that the family love contain all three; So yea that's awful. 

Between a rock and a hard place, use our finger nails to climb, it's all we know..........

Daily Mile

Perfer et obdura: Dolor hic tibi proderit olim

I haven't been to Japan (yet!) but I've studied the cuisine as a hobby.

Based on your list, you still get to eat soy and tofu, miso, beef, seaweed, eggs, SO MANY fishes, duck, some kinds of pickles, sweet potatoes, squash, konyaku/shirataki (hi low carb!), sesame, beans, mushrooms, daikon, chestnuts, all the greens ... plenty of delicious Japanese things.

You might have to start cooking for yourself more, since garlic and ginger are in a lot of prepared Japanese foods and nitpicking ingredients is admittedly a pain.  I taught myself to cook Japanese (and am working on Korean and Chinese) because I too have religious restrictions, and I also hate a lot of the artificial colors and shit they add to imported foods like tsukemono.  It's surprisingly easy to make the stuff yourself, and I bet the ingredients are real easy to get where you are.  I'm slightly envious.  ^^

Every saint has a past, and every sinner has a future.

Hylian Assassin 5'5", 143 lbs.
Half-marathon: 3:02
It is pitch dark. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

I think I need to take a cooking/nutrition class 

actually what I really need is to get my kitchen back in order

Gah my Richard Reed streak has taken over the entire side of my head, looks like I'll be playing mall Santa sooner than I thought lol

Between a rock and a hard place, use our finger nails to climb, it's all we know..........

Daily Mile

Perfer et obdura: Dolor hic tibi proderit olim

Late at night, the weird old house gets lonely. I guess every form of refuge has its price.

Tomu-san - Level 3 HalfOgre Ranger

[ STR 2 | DEX 2 | STA 3 | CON 8 | WIS 6 | CHA 2 ]

Spoiler

"A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects."

- Robert Heinlein, Time Enough for Love

"I came here to drink milk and kick ass. And I've just finished my milk."

- Maurice Moss

Queen: great band or greatest band?

• Like 2

Spoiler

"A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects."

- Maurice Moss

... with everyone being told that "saying yes, i can do that, and then figuring out how" is such a great way to get ahead in the ratrace ... is it a wonder that half-arsed is becoming the norm and  peeps are moving jobs so often these days ? gotta go while the credit for it is still good and before someone figures what a complete horlix was sold as good. ... and why the heck did i take so long to understand that ? 

one-million-dollars.jpg

• Like 3

Remember that sensory deprivation causes hallucinations

17 hours ago, Frost of the Gloaming said:

I need to make time for myself; feeling like I should get colorful 

just need to make a balance 

balance-scale.jpg

Spoiler

- Maurice Moss

On 7/2/2018 at 10:38 AM, Luds said:

... with everyone being told that "saying yes, i can do that, and then figuring out how" is such a great way to get ahead in the ratrace ... is it a wonder that half-arsed is becoming the norm and  peeps are moving jobs so often these days ? gotta go while the credit for it is still good and before someone figures what a complete horlix was sold as good. ... and why the heck did i take so long to understand that ? 

one-million-dollars.jpg

Soooo many people lack the patience and work ethic required to learn a skill fully or to research something well enough to know it fully. Becoming an expert in anything requires hard work, time, and money. I can relate to the money issue. There are a lot of trades and skills I would love to learn, but they require money. But I can't understand why so many people shy away from hard word. It's good for the soul and body.

• Like 1

Who am I? -- My NF Character

Current Challenge: WolfDreamer Enters Spartan Training

Past Challenges: 

Spoiler

Winter is ComingWolfen Strengthens His Heart, Body, Mind, and Spirit, Wolfen Becomes One of the PeopleWolfen Strengthens His ChakrasWolfen Welcomes Summer and Gets Primal, Soulcon and Spartan, Wolfen Develops Mental ToughnessWolfen Joins the Wander SocietySoulcon, Spartan, School, and Stranger ThingsWolfen Becomes a Warrior EliteWolfen Goes Here and There and Back AgainWolfen Becomes a Soulcon Warrior EliteWolfen Returns to His RootsWolfen Wanders in Soul, Spirit, and BodyWolfen Owns the DayWolfen Searches for His Wild Heart, Wolfen Runs for His LifeWolfen Hits the TrailsWolfen Becomes an Explorer and Joins the ResistanceWolfen Goes Back to the SourceWolfen Begins the Hero's JourneyWolfDreamer Returns to the People,  WolfDreamer Pushes BackWolfDreamer PrioritizesBurpees, Books, and BrainworkBurpees, Books, Brainwork, and BodyworkWolfDreamer Masters the Four ElementsWolfDreamer Continues to Master the Four ElementsWolfDreamer Returns to SpartaWolfDreamer Returns to Middle EarthWolfDreamer Continues His Middle Earth AdventureWolfDreamer and the FallWolfDreamer Forges His Own PathWolfDreamer Has HopeWolfDreamer Returns to Middle EarthWolfDreamer Reads Harder, Breathes Harder, and Journals MoreWolfDreamer Embraces His Wild PoetThe Mad Poet Becomes SupernaturalWolfDreamer, The Mad Poet, Becomes SuperhumanWolfDreamer ElevatesWolfDreamer Becomes IronBornWolfDreamer Wakes the White WolfThe Mad Poet Recovers by Keeping it SimpleWolfDreamer Clears His Mind to Find His Wild HeartWolfDreamer ResetsWolfDreamer Strives to Become an Eminently Qualified Peaceful WarriorWolfDreamer Springs ForwardWolfDreamer Returns (For Real This Time)WolfDreamer is RespaWinningWolfDreamer RebootsWolfDreamer Thinks About the Roman Empire

I'd rather sing one wild song and burst my heart with it, than live a thousand years watching my digestion and being afraid of the wet.” -- Jack London

“I wanted movement and not a calm course of existence. I wanted excitement and danger and the chance to sacrifice myself for my love.” -- Leo Tolstoy

"I feel love rising in my chest again
Rising like a burning sun into the day..." -- Gungor, "Hurricane"

"...wherever the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom." 2 Corinthians 3:17b

In my day, the internet was called "books"...

• Haha 2

Spoiler

- Maurice Moss

Why is it that Mothers and Fathers only get a day, but Sharks get a whole week?

• Haha 4

Spoiler

- Maurice Moss

Hauʻoli ka lā, Hawaii!

Spoiler

- Maurice Moss