Random Thoughts of Randomness

I just got a trial version of RPG Maker MV, it's fun.  Think I might buy it and make some games.  I hear you need to do like custom everything or your game won't get noticed, so now I'm learning about soundtracks and pixel art and level design and javascript plugins and holy shit there's a lot to learn

• Like 2

Every saint has a past, and every sinner has a future.

Hylian Assassin 5'5", 143 lbs.
Half-marathon: 3:02
It is pitch dark. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

On ‎11‎/‎4‎/‎2018 at 1:43 AM, Raincloak said:

I just got a trial version of RPG Maker MV, it's fun.  Think I might buy it and make some games.  I hear you need to do like custom everything or your game won't get noticed, so now I'm learning about soundtracks and pixel art and level design and javascript plugins and holy shit there's a lot to learn

In a sense, you don't have to learn or do everything yourself - if you find an artist who does suitable pixel art, outsource it. Is strapped for cash, cut them in on the potential profits in the long run?

Well, my point of view is efficiency, and I just thought that if you enjoy all that, learning it all and doing it yourself, it's all a win, then? :)

Would be Super interesting to hear more about it, mechanics, progress, just rambles of what you've learned... :love_heart:And if you need a beta-tester, here's one! :)

"There is beauty in hardship / There are poems in grief" -Assemblage 23, Damaged

| STR:2.25 | DEX:2.25 | STA:2 | CON:1.25 | CHA:3.25 | WIS:7 | A place I will collect my woots - if I remember

Challenges | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 |  6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 15.115.2 |

Milythaels'  HOoRAY for which I am grateful | Today, right now, I am alive. And that is good.

It is amazing the power of those small gestures of love and kindness have on our lives. <3 - Liberator

"I myself am made entirely of flaws, stiched together with good intentions." - Augusten Burroughs, Magical thinking:True stories

"Pick up the pieces and keep going, one painfully slow step at a time." Hiraedd the twice-risen, hamadryad. 

"Spread love and understanding. Use force if necessary." - Leon Trotsky

"Let me think about the people I care about the most, and when they fail or disappoint me, I still love them, I still give them chances, and I still see the best in them. Let me extend that generosity to myself." zefrank1, An Invocation for Beginnings

"I don't feel guilty for wanting. That's like being mad because you have to breathe or pee. It just is." Someone in Reddit

"If you do strange things, strange things will happen!"

"That's it! Now go make something beautiful." -Jake Parker

Well I've been having fun learning about the wonderful world of audioscapes, ambient sound mixing, and the surprisingly large number of sites that sell downloadable soundtracks and sound effects.  It is hard to find stuff without consistent labeling, but it's fun to browse.  I wish there were organizing standards for sound libraries, like there are for text libraries.  Seems like you just have to search by keyword.

I don't hardly know where to begin for pixel art.  there's a lot of sites that exhibit it, but every person has a completely different style... I would probably have to pay for a LOT of art from one artist to get a consistent look.  And I had a story idea that I'm now having second thoughts about.  But I'll keep messing around and learning.

• Like 1

On 11/19/2018 at 2:43 PM, Frost of the Gloaming said:

Northerner things, when you are looking for a new winter jacket and it's only rated for -10 f (-23 c) and think aww that's a cute light jacket and the 2nd thought is F it's cold where I live

You should try the Wim Hof Method. You'll be hiking mountains in shorts before you know it. :D

mGMLrM.gif

• Like 1

Who am I? -- My NF Character

Current Challenge: WolfDreamer Enters Spartan Training

Past Challenges: 

Spoiler

Winter is ComingWolfen Strengthens His Heart, Body, Mind, and Spirit, Wolfen Becomes One of the PeopleWolfen Strengthens His ChakrasWolfen Welcomes Summer and Gets Primal, Soulcon and Spartan, Wolfen Develops Mental ToughnessWolfen Joins the Wander SocietySoulcon, Spartan, School, and Stranger ThingsWolfen Becomes a Warrior EliteWolfen Goes Here and There and Back AgainWolfen Becomes a Soulcon Warrior EliteWolfen Returns to His RootsWolfen Wanders in Soul, Spirit, and BodyWolfen Owns the DayWolfen Searches for His Wild Heart, Wolfen Runs for His LifeWolfen Hits the TrailsWolfen Becomes an Explorer and Joins the ResistanceWolfen Goes Back to the SourceWolfen Begins the Hero's JourneyWolfDreamer Returns to the People,  WolfDreamer Pushes BackWolfDreamer PrioritizesBurpees, Books, and BrainworkBurpees, Books, Brainwork, and BodyworkWolfDreamer Masters the Four ElementsWolfDreamer Continues to Master the Four ElementsWolfDreamer Returns to SpartaWolfDreamer Returns to Middle EarthWolfDreamer Continues His Middle Earth AdventureWolfDreamer and the FallWolfDreamer Forges His Own PathWolfDreamer Has HopeWolfDreamer Returns to Middle EarthWolfDreamer Reads Harder, Breathes Harder, and Journals MoreWolfDreamer Embraces His Wild PoetThe Mad Poet Becomes SupernaturalWolfDreamer, The Mad Poet, Becomes SuperhumanWolfDreamer ElevatesWolfDreamer Becomes IronBornWolfDreamer Wakes the White WolfThe Mad Poet Recovers by Keeping it SimpleWolfDreamer Clears His Mind to Find His Wild HeartWolfDreamer ResetsWolfDreamer Strives to Become an Eminently Qualified Peaceful WarriorWolfDreamer Springs ForwardWolfDreamer Returns (For Real This Time)WolfDreamer is RespaWinningWolfDreamer RebootsWolfDreamer Thinks About the Roman Empire

I'd rather sing one wild song and burst my heart with it, than live a thousand years watching my digestion and being afraid of the wet.” -- Jack London

“I wanted movement and not a calm course of existence. I wanted excitement and danger and the chance to sacrifice myself for my love.” -- Leo Tolstoy

"I feel love rising in my chest again
Rising like a burning sun into the day..." -- Gungor, "Hurricane"

"...wherever the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom." 2 Corinthians 3:17b

Oh it's fun freaking people out by going out to get the mail barefoot or jumping into the snow shirtless, but frostbite and hypothermia are two very real and very serious things. 

getting the mail barefoot is when there is 6 plus inches of snow on the ground

Between a rock and a hard place, use our finger nails to climb, it's all we know..........

Daily Mile

Perfer et obdura: Dolor hic tibi proderit olim

I had a couple useful revelations this week:

1) my boss doesn't need me (I mean me personally) to do boring-ass filing at his office, he can hire anyone for that so I needn't feel guilty about quitting on him

2) when I get mad at my brother for ignoring his wife and child, it's largely because I know what it's like to be ignored

3) even a psychology major can be moronic when it comes to his own relationships

• Like 4

If you got someone something for the Holidays to make their life easier doing projects, and they are doing said project; would you give them their gifts early to make their life easier, knowing that they will have less presents come the actual holiday? 

Between a rock and a hard place, use our finger nails to climb, it's all we know..........

Daily Mile

3 hours ago, Frost of the Gloaming said:

If you got someone something for the Holidays to make their life easier doing projects, and they are doing said project; would you give them their gifts early to make their life easier, knowing that they will have less presents come the actual holiday? 

Yeah!  What did you buy it for, if not so they could use it?  Give it now, don't wait.  Xmas will not be diminished by one less present later.

(who needs a bunch of presents all at once anyway?  You'll get a better high from spreading them out over time, neuroscience says so.)

She was almost done with the project before I realized what she was doing, (I was cooking dinner) though she is planning on a couple of more projects in the upcoming weeks, so she will probably get them then

One good thing about my co-worker being a complete and utter asshole is that I'm pretty well versed in Postal Law to the point of where the legal floor refers to me when they have questions. 

That, plus HR and Union rules

• Like 2

Daily Mile

I've been reading up on near-death experiences lately in a book and online forum. Sometimes agnostics/atheists have gone into a blissful state and met a higher being and sometimes Christians/Catholics/etc have entered a terrifying experience and vice versa. Why are some people's stories different from others while multiple stories share a lot of details in common? If my idea of the after-life is eating a never-ending spaghetti dinner with Elvis Pressley in my home will that be my reality or is the after-life already predetermined for myself regardless of what I think it's like? I wish my curiosity was satisfied just for a minute. I'm a Christian, I wonder if religious affiliation has any effect or not.

Grew up in the church, and have died, I remember nothing. My wife died while giving birth to my daughter and same thing, nothing, just blank nothingness, you don't even realize how much time has passed between when it happens and when you are revived (if you get revived) 

• Thanks 1

Daily Mile

8 minutes ago, Frost of the Gloaming said:

Grew up in the church, and have died, I remember nothing. My wife died while giving birth to my daughter and same thing, nothing, just blank nothingness, you don't even realize how much time has passed between when it happens and when you are revived (if you get revived) 

Like a magician pulling scarves from his hat...one question leads to many, many more. 

It's difficult for me to accept nothingness. I had surgery when I was a kid, I remember them putting the anesthesia mask on my mouth, then waking up in a gurney. I can't live thinking that's what eternity consists of. If eternity truly is nothing, then does that give humanity more license to be selfish and to do what makes us feel good because there will be no consequences or does it give us more reason to leave this Earth a better place for our having been here because we only get one shot at it?

6 hours ago, Rubik'sCat said:

If eternity truly is nothing, then does that give humanity more license to be selfish and to do what makes us feel good because there will be no consequences or does it give us more reason to leave this Earth a better place for our having been here because we only get one shot at it?

I've had 3 different docs tell me on 3 different suicide attempts that they don't know how I woke up (pills, knives, and other drug OD attempts). I don't try anymore (FYI)

Me personally, what sits better with your spirit, conscience, morals, etc? 

Personally, I have no clue what comes next...hell if there is a next. I don't think the head honcho is really into the whole punish/reward systems that so many religious organizations are into. Best way I heard it spoken (if "god/God/allah/the great spaghetti monstar" is all loving) "The only people not  in heaven are the ones that don't want to be there." If we only get one shot down here, all the more reason to make this round mean something. What that means for you, I cannot say. I am barely understanding what it means to me.

More importantly, I wouldn't try to waste too much time wondering about whats next, there is enough going on down here. I try to have faith on some days. Reminding myself that faith is best defined as belief without proof. I don't have to have faith in gravity, I know it works. I know gravity, we have an equation to calculate its magnitude. We don't know what's after this. If we knew, it wouldn't be faith, it'd be knowledge. I really doubt we can put eternity into a box that we could digest in our brains anyway.

Fitbit username: farflight   (would love to have more people on there)

Getting life in order is a challenge worth doing.

Happiness is the journey, not the destination (took me forever to learn that)

19 hours ago, farflight said:

I've had 3 different docs tell me on 3 different suicide attempts that they don't know how I woke up (pills, knives, and other drug OD attempts). I don't try anymore (FYI)

Me personally, what sits better with your spirit, conscience, morals, etc? 

Personally, I have no clue what comes next...hell if there is a next. I don't think the head honcho is really into the whole punish/reward systems that so many religious organizations are into. Best way I heard it spoken (if "god/God/allah/the great spaghetti monstar" is all loving) "The only people not  in heaven are the ones that don't want to be there." If we only get one shot down here, all the more reason to make this round mean something. What that means for you, I cannot say. I am barely understanding what it means to me.

More importantly, I wouldn't try to waste too much time wondering about whats next, there is enough going on down here. I try to have faith on some days. Reminding myself that faith is best defined as belief without proof. I don't have to have faith in gravity, I know it works. I know gravity, we have an equation to calculate its magnitude. We don't know what's after this. If we knew, it wouldn't be faith, it'd be knowledge. I really doubt we can put eternity into a box that we could digest in our brains anyway.

I like the way you put all of that. I hope you're taking the best care of yourself nowadays. 

1 hour ago, Rubik'sCat said:

hope you're taking the best care of yourself nowadays

Thanks, I not sure if it's the best care...but I'm doing the best I can :-D

Those attempts were well over decade ago. Things do get better :-D !

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Fitbit username: farflight   (would love to have more people on there)

Getting life in order is a challenge worth doing.

Happiness is the journey, not the destination (took me forever to learn that)

ok, so the vultures have used certain words and twisted them (like "inspired", "project", "delighted", "stunning", "love" etc.)... but the one that really bakes my noodle is "dream"... follow them, fulfill yours, achieve yours.. blablabla... AAAEEEECHHH

How small people's dreams have become if they think they can be achieved by getting a loan... ahhh o tempora o mores.... ah.... hand me the wine and oh...thwow Prian to the floow !

Remember that sensory deprivation causes hallucinations

Planning on growing an epic white beard when it finally makes the transition to all white, so give or take 10 years; it's about half way there right now. Which having an epic white beard it leads to the employment opportunity of being a Santa; which lead me to last nights shower thought what do you think Santa's beard smells like? 

( I make my own beard oil)*

I'm thinking peppermint, vanilla, ginger and cocoa 

• Like 1

Daily Mile

5 hours ago, Frost of the Gloaming said:

Planning on growing an epic white beard when it finally makes the transition to all white, so give or take 10 years; it's about half way there right now. Which having an epic white beard it leads to the employment opportunity of being a Santa; which lead me to last nights shower thought what do you think Santa's beard smells like? 

( I make my own beard oil)*

I'm thinking peppermint, vanilla, ginger and cocoa 

Just today I was in an elevator having just put some peppermint essential oil on my neck (and a little in my moustache to help with breathing) and I got told I smelled like Santa. I think straight up peppermint will do it if you're going for Santa, though it's not going to be as complex a scent as your blend. Having said that, make peppermint the primary smell.

• Like 1

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath