Random Thoughts of Randomness

I have a feeling that there will eventually be a Santa #13; it took us 3 tries just to get the right consistency for the gingerbread cookies last night, we have a bread type cookie, a cookie, and of course a gingerbread man cookie 

Between a rock and a hard place, use our finger nails to climb, it's all we know..........

Daily Mile

Perfer et obdura: Dolor hic tibi proderit olim

free flow beats, rhyming while I sit in my seat

1-2, 1-2 woodchucks, making all this rhyme without getting stuck

how much wood would a wood chuck chuck, if a wood chuck could chuck wood,

better question is, how much is the wood chuck refraining from throwing at the head of the buck

had his lunch stolen by a duck

tender vittles packed like his moms when he was little

reminiscing of the days in the hood, hanging with friends chopping all the wood

axes to grind, so be kind

or be prepared to duck when the wood chuck starts to chuck wood

• Like 1

Between a rock and a hard place, use our finger nails to climb, it's all we know..........

Daily Mile

watching the prez crash the stock market is such a bummer when I just put money in like two weeks ago.  Bye-bye money, was nice having you... oh well, it'll come back sooner or later

Every saint has a past, and every sinner has a future.

Hylian Assassin 5'5", 143 lbs.
Half-marathon: 3:02
It is pitch dark. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

Pixar should make a Toy Story 5 after the 4th sequel is done. Andy is lying in a hospital bed dying of cancer when his granddaughter/-son comes to visit him with his old toys Woody and Buzz Lightyear. Andy's last wish is to be buried with Woody, his favorite toy since childhood. The rest of the movie is about the rest of the toys trying to save Woody from being buried alive forever but struggling with the fact that they should let Andy know they've been sentient beings his whole life. The movie ends when the toys replace Woody with a more evil version of himself (because Andy doesn't know the difference) to go in the grave with Andy...and Pixar finally lets the Toy Story franchise die.

• Like 2
4 hours ago, Rubik'sCat said:

Pixar should make a Toy Story 5 after the 4th sequel is done. Andy is lying in a hospital bed dying of cancer when his granddaughter/-son comes to visit him with his old toys Woody and Buzz Lightyear. Andy's last wish is to be buried with Woody, his favorite toy since childhood. The rest of the movie is about the rest of the toys trying to save Woody from being buried alive forever but struggling with the fact that they should let Andy know they've been sentient beings his whole life. The movie ends when the toys replace Woody with a more evil version of himself (because Andy doesn't know the difference) to go in the grave with Andy...and Pixar finally lets the Toy Story franchise die.

Spoiler alert! ;) 

• Haha 1

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

They aren't Andy's toys anymore, he donated them to the little girl at the end of 3, but other than that it seems good to me

With 7 billion people and probably 21 billion toys, you think the Toy Story universe could be bigger than what it is

• Like 1

Daily Mile

maybe toys only come to life if you love them... oh wait the first movie had a whole vending machine full of little aliens who had never been owned

best not to think about it too hard I guess.  I found the ending of TS3 sad.  The little girl will outgrow the toys someday just like Andy did... so then what?

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Raincloak said:

maybe toys only come to life if you love them... oh wait the first movie had a whole vending machine full of little aliens who had never been owned

best not to think about it too hard I guess.  I found the ending of TS3 sad.  The little girl will outgrow the toys someday just like Andy did... so then what?

They get donated to a thrift store?

12 hours ago, Raincloak said:

But they get to be loved and played with for another generation, so there's at least that.

The way the third film was pushing the abandonment theme, I actually thought Pixar would let them die in that garbage furnace climax... :o

Active challenges: Spring Respawn: Winter Blues to Summer Bod | Walk to Mordor - (spreadsheet) | DailyDare | Weight Loss PVP 10/12 lbs in 10/12 weeks - (spreadsheet)

2023-24 threads: Challenge VIII | IX | X | XI | XII | XIII | XIV | XV | XVI | XVII | XVIII

2018-19 & 2021 threads: Battle log | Challenge I | IIIIIIV | V | VI | VII

We have two cats that look like that - Belanos (Bela for short) and Persephone (Ni-ni). Persephone has much less white in her bib.

Tomu-san - Level 3 HalfOgre Ranger

[ STR 2 | DEX 2 | STA 3 | CON 8 | WIS 6 | CHA 2 ]

Spoiler

"A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects."

- Robert Heinlein, Time Enough for Love

"I came here to drink milk and kick ass. And I've just finished my milk."

- Maurice Moss

Looking for a little 4wd suv beater for the winter; found.....a fire truck https://albany.craigslist.org/cto/d/troy-1987-fire-truck/6766605995.html

now to talk the wife into letting me buy a fire truck 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Daily Mile

I always kinda wanted an ice cream truck.  But I wouldn't play those annoying jingles.  I'd, like, sell frozen cocktails and play some heavy metal to let everyone know I'm in the neighborhood

• Like 2