Random Thoughts of Randomness

16 hours ago, Frost of the Gloaming said:

You know you're from the New England border when you can't say Drawer right... it's in the  dw'ah

Don't forget those car bumpaz!!

• Like 1

Hey. I've got a blog!! ----> The Dilnad Can!

This is how I did it. This is how you too can do it! ----> http://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/2015/09/28/learn-how-an-office-worker-lost-100-lbs-saved-his-own-life-and-became-a-superhero/

Hehe yea it's funny how that works, finally took care of the clean folded clothes just hanging out in the basket in my room and yea it does make my bedroom look bigger; can wash, dry, fold, put into a basket, but putting them into the dw'ah's is to much work.... that's a 2019 life goal

Between a rock and a hard place, use our finger nails to climb, it's all we know..........

Daily Mile

Perfer et obdura: Dolor hic tibi proderit olim

you're ahead of me, most weeks I consider the "clean in basket" stage an accomplishment.

I'm beginning to think it's time to get a life partner, been rocking the single life forever but it's not as fun as it used to be.

Every saint has a past, and every sinner has a future.

Hylian Assassin 5'5", 143 lbs.
Half-marathon: 3:02
It is pitch dark. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

Sorry that wasn't supposed to come off as nihilistic. I just meant hire someone to make your life easier and enjoy the journey of dating; my only advice on the dating front is go do things that you enjoy or want to do. 

Between a rock and a hard place, use our finger nails to climb, it's all we know..........

Daily Mile

I was listening to another TED talks video last night about this man that was sentenced to life in prison without parole but it didn't let it stop him from becoming a better man. He taught classes in prison to the prisoners inside cells and used a bar of soap as a makeshift marker on the walls. I'll spare the details but the classes he taught were a big reason why he didn't go insane in prison and contributed greatly to his success in life.

I say all this because it feels like I'm in prison even though I'm not. I have no hobbies (just running and NerdFitness). I go to an 8.5 hour job I don't like, come home, do laundry, wash dishes, shower, browse online or go to the YMCA, and then go to bed and I'm not very happy this way.

I guess my main question is should I create a new thread on the forum and treat it like a classroom for the benefit of other users? Is that a way I can show employers I have initiative or would it be scoffed at? Anyone can create an online thread after all.

I want to break out of this rut because serving food and washing dishes is all I've done on the job for the past 4+ years and those skills don't transfer to the health and wellness field.  

As long as you are dressed for it not long, I was out in -40 f windchill shoveling and thought to myself damn this is cold. As for truly being acclimated to it, I'm not sure, besides being an army brat I grew up in this; so spending all day outside when the temp is 20 degrees and snowing is considered a nice day in my books. I will die here. I've been all over and can tell you for a fact that I physically can't stand heat and humidity; I overheat something fierce. So I guess I'm going for life. 

How to dress like Frost, :layers: long john shirt, t-shirt, hoodie, pants, wool socks, snow pants, winter coat, hat, gloves, scarf/mask, snow boots (all my winter gear is wind and water proof) this is for the really cold days

• Like 1

Daily Mile

Good meeting, one that I have been looking forward to for years; basically a we suck at communication in this office and we need to fix it; which when I say it, it becomes "ok, but only if you do all the work" and people ignore it. So hopefully when I pitch my ideas to upper management they will implement them with some tweaks. The my immediate boss only has 2 years left before he retires and both new upper managers are only slightly older than me, so hopefully when my boss retires I will be in serious consideration for running this office. I already over see the mail, supplies and print shop, this would be taking over the entire OSU. The next step would be to oversee Admin Op and OSU; which might be a nice close to retirement job. 

• Like 3

Daily Mile

So I took over the meeting (of sorts, I answered every question) and some the stuff I wanted to happen (new supply catalog, more communication) will be happening and when the few things do get tweaked it will be sent out by the Chair :happydance:

• Like 2

Daily Mile