Random Thoughts of Randomness

Saw this and had to share

"The Egyptian Mau, is probably the oldest cat breed in the world. In fact it's so ancient that it's name is the Egyptian word for cat"

Picture this An ancient Egyptian wondering around the wilderness stumbling upon a cat and asking "What are you?" and the cat replying "Mau" " 

Considering that my cats answer me back when I talk to them, I honestly think that is highly probable how it happened. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Between a rock and a hard place, use our finger nails to climb, it's all we know..........

Daily Mile

Perfer et obdura: Dolor hic tibi proderit olim

Tried doing a job and couldn't figure it out, stepped back went through the steps, questioned all of them, re-did the entire process; now a monkey can do the job. Seriously some people make things harder than they need to be 

• Like 2

Between a rock and a hard place, use our finger nails to climb, it's all we know..........

Daily Mile

20 hours ago, Frost of the Gloaming said:

Tried doing a job and couldn't figure it out, stepped back went through the steps, questioned all of them, re-did the entire process; now a monkey can do the job. Seriously some people make things harder than they need to be 

But... this is the way we always did it!

Tomu-san - Level 3 HalfOgre Ranger

[ STR 2 | DEX 2 | STA 3 | CON 8 | WIS 6 | CHA 2 ]

Spoiler

"A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects."

- Robert Heinlein, Time Enough for Love

"I came here to drink milk and kick ass. And I've just finished my milk."

- Maurice Moss

My daughter made herself breakfast ice cream; I was going to question it, but considering it was a normal breakfast smoothie but with a little less milk and a little more frozen berries I just let it go

Breakfast Ice Cream:

half a banana

frozen berries

milk

chocolate instant breakfast mix (or chocolate protein powder) 

throw all the ingredients into a blender, just add a little less milk to the mix than you would when making a smoothie, blend until mixed and the consistency of soft serve ice cream

I do not know the ratio of anything because we just wing it

• Like 2

Daily Mile

On 3/21/2019 at 1:47 PM, Tomu-san said:

But... this is the way we always did it!

Reminds me of the story my physio told me about the monkeys in a cage with a ladder and some bannanas.... 

He used it as an analogy for how things are done in the NHS (no, not with monkeys and hoses *sigh*)

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

Life is far too short to take seriously

So to all my running friends that are become new parents I always suggest getting a jogging stroller and tell them about rolling nap time, picnics in the park and all the other fun stuff through out the years that I was able to do it; kids got to big to push, now I chase them while they ride their bikes. So today at running club we were bitching about the crappy weather it's a raw 30 f degree rainy day; f-in miserable. But two of the new dads said they are waiting for the weather to change because they already scouted out a nice run around their neighborhoods to do with their kids. 

• Like 1

Daily Mile

Another thing:

Orange chicken with baked oranges

I marinated chicken breast in my normal lemon chicken marinade but substituted the lemon juice for fresh squeezed oranges and a little rind zest

1/4 cup squeezed Orange juice

1/2 cup olive oil

1 tbsp of Oregano (fresh is more, I rarely measure I just eyeball to what looks good)

3 cloves of garlic diced

1/2 tsp of black pepper

1/2 tsp of salt

using a grater zest some fresh orange rind  (less is more in this case, where as you want the extra taste of orange you really don't want to eat burnt orange rids; they taste gross)

Split the chicken breasts, marinate for at least 20 minutes while the oven is preheating to 375 F  bake chicken for appx 15 minutes or until chicken is the internal temp of 165 f , I pour the entire thing into a glass baking dish, oranges and all. I sliced the chicken and served it and the oranges over a nice spring salad with an Asian inspired salad dressing. 

• Like 2

Daily Mile

Question; Does this really happen outside of movies or magazines and how would you feel if it happened to you. 

Going on a trip for our anniversary; kids free. So how would you feel if your S.O. set up a spa day, and after that when you come back to the room you find on the bed a nice new dress, underwear, necklace and a note that said meet me at this place before going to dinner?

Daily Mile

3 hours ago, Frost of the Gloaming said:

Question; Does this really happen outside of movies or magazines and how would you feel if it happened to you. 

Such a loaded question with the unconventional personalities you may find here! :D 

Is this something your wife would do on her own? Like, does she like spa days and dressing up like that? Does your wife enjoy it when you "take charge" like this? Do you feel confident in your ability to choose an outfit in the right size that your wife would enjoy?

If you can answer yes to all of these questions, then I think it's a really cool gift. If you have any hang ups, I'd say go a different direction. 

I personally would love it if my husband did something similar (I'm neither a spa nor a dress girl, but the idea). He is generally pretty indecisive and I usually make most decisions. So having him plan a day / evening would be a very special treat. 

• Like 2
18 hours ago, Frost of the Gloaming said:

Going on a trip for our anniversary; kids free. So how would you feel if your S.O. set up a spa day, and after that when you come back to the room you find on the bed a nice new dress, underwear, necklace and a note that said meet me at this place before going to dinner?

How confident are you of knowing what size and style of dress and underwear she wears?  Personally, I need to try everything on before I buy it, otherwise it might not fit, or at possibly just not look good on me. 

As for whether I would like it, probably not, because I’m so fiercely independent and I resent anyone else making decisions on my behalf.  A man telling me what clothes to ware, I think not! :D  That’s not to say your SO wouldn’t like it, you’ve gotta go with your gut on this. After all, I probably wouldn’t like the spa day either, I’d much rather he took me to watch Moto GP :D:D:D 

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

One of our first dates was to a Masquerade ball and I still get her gift certificates to the local spa for her birthday and such. But since having kids we really haven't had an opportunity to get dressed up and go out ; besides weddings. 

It's not that I'm indecisive.... no really I am indecisive because I try to please people. I'm working on it. As you can see with the new recipes I have been sharing . So I think if I can pull this off without her knowing about it she will be impressed. I have 7 months to plan this all out, so I should get to working. 

• Like 2

Daily Mile

6 hours ago, Frost of the Gloaming said:

I have 7 months to plan this all out, so I should get to working. 

If it were me, closer to the time you go, I'd find an excuse to have her try on new dresses and make sure there is at least one she likes that she doesn't get. That way, you'll have solved the whole dress thing (which would probably be the biggest area that might backfire). 

Today is the Mac and Cheese cook off at work, I made Mexican style mac and cheese; which means I used a Mexican blend of cheeses, Rotel tomatoes , roasted red peppers and onions.

I also made the Winners apron which I hope to go home with.   

• Like 2

Daily Mile

Years ago one of my parents surprised the other for their anniversary with a weekend trip to Las Vegas.  Mom got a sitter and told Dad to pack for an overnight stay (they were doing "local hotel to get away from kids" routine), but instead of driving to a nearby hotel, she drove to the airport.  Then he surprised HER on the flight with a sapphire ring he'd gotten for her present.  They say it was one of the last times they managed to really surprise each other, they've been together so long now they know too much for surprises.

I would say: know your spouse.  I would consider being given a dress and told to wear it too domineering (frankly it feels like a scene out of "50 Shades of Grey"), plus I don't trust anyone to buy me clothes that I like and can fit in. Even less with shoes.  But some people do like to be surprised with new clothes.... Alternatively, take a dress of hers and get it dry cleaned, then present it in the bag looking like new.

Personally I would rather get the note and have it say "dress nice, we're going someplace fancy."  I have a couple nice (rarely used) dresses in the closet, I'll just wear something I already have.

Every saint has a past, and every sinner has a future.

Hylian Assassin 5'5", 143 lbs.
Half-marathon: 3:02
It is pitch dark. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

Found the dress, didn't realize it was a weekend sale, went from $37.50 to $75 overnight, ouch....

Besides weddings we haven't really been anywhere in the last few years that has required dressing up, so where as it would be cheaper to get something dry cleaned it's not really an option. Honestly it's been closer to 10+ years now and I know I'm not fitting into my pants from 10 years ago. 

Daily Mile

2 hours ago, Frost of the Gloaming said:

Found the dress, didn't realize it was a weekend sale, went from $37.50 to $75 overnight, ouch....

Ouch!!!! :o 

On the plus side, items that get reduced in short term sales usually get reduced again in the next sale (in my experience).

Driving around making deliveries today turned on the radio to get the tail end of the commercials (score) first song on 

Queens - Fat Bottom Girls

second song

Van Halen - Pretty Woman

third song I was hoping for Bad Companies - Feel like making love; sadly it was Billie Joe's - Piano Man; so started flipping channels about 15 minutes later i heard the last verse of the Neighbourhood- Sweater Weather and thought to myself that would have made for a better 3rd song. haha

• Like 1

Daily Mile

making a to do list:

1. is re-learn excel

2. create a shareable music list, people always come up to my office and ask what I'm playing and most of the time it's an indie artist; going to start with my work out list

3. create a daily battle log

4. take over cooking; my kids are starting to come over to my side on food and I'm going to slowly add diabetic friendly meals into the mix so that by mid-summer no one is going to notice that it's all diabetic friendly 

• Like 1

Daily Mile