Random Thoughts of Randomness

14 hours ago, Frost of the Gloaming said:

If some animal started talking to me I would start freaking out wondering what universe I fell into and how I get back to my own. 

Well that’s obvious.....  Disney! :P 

• Haha 1

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

Life is far too short to take seriously

On 4/15/2019 at 3:56 PM, Frost of the Gloaming said:

Considering how bleak the Disney universe is, that's pretty scary. 

But, but... there’s so much singing and dancing!  :dejection:

• Like 1

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

20 hours ago, Guzzi said:

I think my real life super power is - putting on a load of washing then forgetting about it until it’s time to go to bed. *sigh*

I especially  like it when it's the sheets that are still in the wash.:redface-new: I am better at it now though. Our washing machine plays a little song when it is done, which gives me a better shot at remembering to move stuff to the dryer

• Haha 1

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

4 hours ago, Elastigirl said:

I especially  like it when it's the sheets that are still in the wash.:redface-new: I am better at it now though. Our washing machine plays a little song when it is done, which gives me a better shot at remembering to move stuff to the dryer

I think the killer is that our washing machine is so out of the way (other end of the house from the kitchen) so it’s only when we go to bed and go to put dirty clothes in the laundry basket that I even see it.  Our next house the washing machine is going in the kitchen for sure. 

• Like 1

I'm back, around 5000 miles traveled, 3 countries visited, found* an anchor and cannon from a old wooden ship, saw the start of a coral reef, little baby brain coral, fire and mustard coral were starting to form on an artificial reef; hopefully I'll have the chance to watch that grow over the next few years. 

*found; pretty sure other people have discovered it long before me, but it was still pretty awesome to be diving and see it about 15 ft deep

our laundry machine is in the basement right next to the stairs leading down from the kitchen, it also has one of those finished alarms on it, so when my daughter is playing in her room she comes and tells us that the laundry is done, so really we have two alarms haha

• Like 4

Between a rock and a hard place, use our finger nails to climb, it's all we know..........

Daily Mile

Perfer et obdura: Dolor hic tibi proderit olim

That sounds like a terrific vacation, I'm jealous.

Speakimg of vacations, I'm Having Talks with my dadboss re: he's not paying me enough.  Adulting is hard, but I think I'm getting better at it, and he's finally made me mad enough to do something about it.  (We just wrapped a project that netted him $300,000... and for my promised bonus, he gave me a whopping $1k.  For comparison, an expert who spent two weeks on the case just took home $16k, and I've been working on it for two years.)

Every saint has a past, and every sinner has a future.

Hylian Assassin 5'5", 143 lbs.
Half-marathon: 3:02
It is pitch dark. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

update: dadboss expressed dire outrage at the idea, the very IDEA that I wanted more money.  Or paid vacation.  Or health insurance.  Or, you know, the kind of stuff everyone else in the building (including the new girl who's been there like 4 months and spends half her time watching Youtubes on her phone) is getting from THEIR bosses.

I think getting a new job is gonna be worth it just to see the look on my current's face when I tell him I'm quitting.

• Like 6

As long as we're ranting about our employers I'd like to get something off my chest. I spent 4 1/4 years at a fast food chain during/after college with no health insurance, so I buy health insurance by shopping around online. It starts off around $220/month. The price goes up every year even though I barely ever use it. By my third year I'm paying more or less $340/month and decide: f*$% off, $340 out of my $800 to $900 dollar paycheck/month isn't worth it anymore. I get a full-time job at a hospital, but their coverage is through a different provider. They tell me I have to pay $440/month ($220 bi-weekly) for full coverage. I balk at the offer and take the $196/month coverage instead. It covers preventative services only so if I'm ever in a bad car accident I'm still screwed.

I hope you find a better job, no one deserves to be treated like a second class citizen by their employer or even their own family!

Edit: Did some research. Apparently (non-union) monthly dues for health insurance from the employer range between $400-$950 / month depending on the employer/state. It puts it in perspective to me but it's still not worth the cost.

I'm going through a similar thing with my work and it's actually awful. It's not my dadboss though. My company doesn't even offer insurance. I asked for an advance and instead they gave me a loan to be paid out over the course of the next few months. Probably to keep me there because I've been very vocal about my want to be out of there. 

• Like 1

That's neat, and so are you

I remember those days when insurance was going to be half of my paycheck, decided to opt out, and then me and a few other new employees (last hired) were let go because the company didn't make as much profit as they thought; that's when I decided to go the route I'm currently on. Do I feel stuck and uninspired; yes. Do I have anxiety about being let go because the wind is blowing a different direction; no. it is what it is.  

• Like 1

Between a rock and a hard place, use our finger nails to climb, it's all we know..........

Daily Mile

5 hours ago, Rubik'sCat said:

As long as we're ranting about our employers I'd like to get something off my chest. I spent 4 1/4 years at a fast food chain during/after college with no health insurance, so I buy health insurance by shopping around online. It starts off around $220/month. The price goes up every year even though I barely ever use it. By my third year I'm paying more or less $340/month and decide: f*$% off, $340 out of my $800 to $900 dollar paycheck/month isn't worth it anymore. I get a full-time job at a hospital, but their coverage is through a different provider. They tell me I have to pay $440/month ($220 bi-weekly) for full coverage. I balk at the offer and take the $196/month coverage instead. It covers preventative services only so if I'm ever in a bad car accident I'm still screwed.

I hope you find a better job, no one deserves to be treated like a second class citizen by their employer or even their own family!

Edit: Did some research. Apparently (non-union) monthly dues for health insurance from the employer range between $400-$950 / month depending on the employer/state. It puts it in perspective to me but it's still not worth the cost.

That's ridiculous. You can get better insurance at any other hospital in town, and they are always hiring for your line of work.

• Thanks 1

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

I second that, I know of a lot of places (not just hospitals) that are constantly looking for people in the medical field. 

it's exactly 4 months or 123 days until a flat fast 5 k right before I go on another adventure. This sounds like the perfect amount of time for a challenge. 

• Like 1

Daily Mile

Question of the day, how do you not let idiots get you down? Sent out an email saying I need X for X, I need Y for Y, I need Z for Z. 

20th floor Yoshi needs #64 rubber bands  (with link)

18th floor Peach needs Avery 5165 labels (with link)

5th floor DK needs fine point yellow highlighters (with link)

I sent out the email,  he first complained about people sending him in supply requests via email. And then couldn't grasp the straight line floor, name, item with link thing. he actually called up the 20th floor asking questions about the 5th floor and on the phone said "Oh now I get it" this is for...... this is the same guy who we've told something hasn't been working for years, try to blame someone for being lazy because it wasn't working for them, even my big boss shook his head and was like "No it's broke, this is the way they have to do it'" dumbasses reply was "then it must have just happened" it's been broke for years and we have had numerous meetings trying to fix it over the years.  It's just frustrating that everyone thinks he know what he's doing when over and over and over again it has been proven to be false, where as everything I do is put under a microscope because they are such fuck ups. 

Daily Mile

I like the idea of using Nintendo characters for "Alice and Bob," gotta try that next time I'm in an argument

• Like 1

Truth be told my desk is decorated with Mario Kart 8 toys lol that was my inspiration

Anxiety is awesome, I can lead a class, host trivia contests, pitch business ideas with no issues; ask me to share anything personal with anyone and it's a whole different story. To the point of where I've been married almost 14 years and I still haven't made a playlist for that...so to get over my stupid anxiety it was suggested that I make a playlist. So even if it does go over like a lead balloon at least it's a step in the right direction. 

Stroker Ace - Lovage

Until the morning - Thievery Corporation

I've been thinking - Handsome Boy Modeling School

Glory Box - Portishead

Sweater Weather - the Neighbourhood

All Mine - Portishead

Paradise Circus - Massive Attack

The Truth - Handsome Body Modeling School

Hell is around the corner - Tricky  

• Like 2

Daily Mile

26 minutes ago, Frost of the Gloaming said:

Anxiety is awesome, I can lead a class, host trivia contests, pitch business ideas with no issues; ask me to share anything personal with anyone and it's a whole different story.

In the examples provided: class, contests, business idea....there isn't any real significant risk, at least nothing at risk as far as your person is concerned. Sure, there are professional risks and the risk of mild embarrassment, but not the soul searching, soul crushing risk of sharing deep/personal information with some you care deeply about....

That is truly challenging and scary. Basically, going to someone, even if you trust them, and pretty much saying: "hey, here is a really sensitive thought/feeling, and I'm opening the door for you to crush my soul, hopes, and dreams, but I love you and don't think you'd do something like that..."

Fitbit username: farflight   (would love to have more people on there)

Getting life in order is a challenge worth doing.

Happiness is the journey, not the destination (took me forever to learn that)