Random Thoughts of Randomness

1 hour ago, farflight said:

That is truly challenging and scary. Basically, going to someone, even if you trust them, and pretty much saying: "hey, here is a really sensitive thought/feeling, and I'm opening the door for you to crush my soul, hopes, and dreams, but I love you and don't think you'd do something like that...

That's the rub, I really don't trust anyone and normally just go with the flow. Because I really dislike confrontations. This is why I'm in therapy.

Between a rock and a hard place, use our finger nails to climb, it's all we know..........

Daily Mile

Perfer et obdura: Dolor hic tibi proderit olim

Suppose I  invented a time machine and I went back to 2008 when i was 21 years old.

I would drug and kidnap my younger self and teleport both of us to 2010. 

Copy 2010's winning lottery numbers from the newspaper, give them to my 21 year old self, then drop him back off in 2008.

Teleport myself back to 2019 and check my bank account. 

Retire.

21 minutes ago, Rubik'sCat said:

Suppose I  invented a time machine and I went back to 2008 when i was 21 years old.

I would drug and kidnap my younger self and teleport both of us to 2010. 

Copy 2010's winning lottery numbers from the newspaper, give them to my 21 year old self, then drop him back off in 2008.

Teleport myself back to 2019 and check my bank account. 

Retire.

You could just look up the 2010 winning lottery numbers and deliver them directly. Time fuel is expensive.

• Like 1

Tomu-san - Level 3 HalfOgre Ranger

[ STR 2 | DEX 2 | STA 3 | CON 8 | WIS 6 | CHA 2 ]

Spoiler

"A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects."

- Robert Heinlein, Time Enough for Love

"I came here to drink milk and kick ass. And I've just finished my milk."

- Maurice Moss

40 minutes ago, Tomu-san said:

You could just look up the 2010 winning lottery numbers and deliver them directly. Time fuel is expensive.

Great point! You get a cut of the dough for brainstorming ideas. Or maybe I've got it backwards. A future time traveling "me" will come back to meet me any day now. 

• Haha 1

I dunno, if I got drugged and kidnapped by an older, creepier version of me, I might refuse to buy the lotto ticket just to screw with her.  Or no, wait, I've got it: buy the ticket, enjoy the money for a while, then give away what's left.  Then all she'll get are memories.

I dunno I'm in a weird mood okay.

• Haha 3

Every saint has a past, and every sinner has a future.

Hylian Assassin 5'5", 143 lbs.
Half-marathon: 3:02
It is pitch dark. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

I've been studying Japanese off and on for ~8 months. I guess I can say I've hit a "wall", meaning I've been super unmotivated to study these past few weeks and I still speak Japanese at a elementary school level. I want to start a "Learning Japanese" thread to further myself along and to help others on the forum that want to learn more Japanese, you know, because Japanese and nerdiness and video games are super-intertwined aren't they? I'm just afraid that no one would be interested and that forum admins would take it down for it not being fitness related content. Maybe I'm just too self-conscious. 

55 minutes ago, Rubik'sCat said:

I've been studying Japanese off and on for ~8 months. I guess I can say I've hit a "wall", meaning I've been super unmotivated to study these past few weeks and I still speak Japanese at a elementary school level. I want to start a "Learning Japanese" thread to further myself along and to help others on the forum that want to learn more Japanese, you know, because Japanese and nerdiness and video games are super-intertwined aren't they? I'm just afraid that no one would be interested and that forum admins would take it down for it not being fitness related content. Maybe I'm just too self-conscious. 

Totally ok either here in "The Pub" or down in the "Level Up Your Life" sections.

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

When it rains it pours....

Before I took this hospital room service position, my employer wanted my immunization records. I travel to the City of San Antonio office to retrieve them and I find out I've got a few shots out of date. I can't start work unless I get the shots and I can't get health insurance unless I start work so H-E-B (grocery store with a pharmacy inside) tells me I'm on the hook for over $200 worth of immunizations.

I get to start work but Occupational Health tells me I'm still missing the second series of my hepatitis shot (Hep B), and two more. Apparently getting my shot as a child and 1 right before I begin work just isn't good enough.

I've got my crappy little insurance carrier by now that I'm paying $194/month for and I notice in the PDF file that my employer gave me that immunizations are a preventative service and are covered (along with cholesterol, diabetes screenings, yada yada). 

I finally find 2 clinics that have the shots I need in stock and that will take my insurance. The clinics get on the phone with my provider and tell me I'm only on the hook for the co-pay.

This was near the end of May and now in July I've got 2 bills from the mail totaling $206. The clinics accepted my insurance for the cost of the shots. The lab companies (LabCorp) they sent my blood to to test for positive or negative reactions to the vaccines rejected it. This has been a learning experience, so every cloud has a silver lining I guess. But the real catch? I'm still not done! The powers that be in the military know I don't have every shot I need yet. It's probably because of the high amount of employee turnover this contractor job has that they don't fire me?

I wish I could give this contractor a giant middle finger but I like my supervisors. Sorry for the ridiculously long post, it feels good to air my grievances for once. On the plus side, I'm quitting in October. Sorry again for the enotionally charged post, I'm just pretty pissed because this whole "shots" thing keeps popping up like a broken Whac-A-Mole game.

• Like 1

I feel your pain RubiksCat... story of my life, boy do I hate American healthcare.

in totally random thoughts, I have this beautiful stripy spider outside on my balcony that looks like it's walking on air, and it gets bigger every day.  I don't know what it's eating because I don't see it catch any bugs, but I'm enjoying having it for a temporary pet.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Raincloak said:

I feel your pain RubiksCat... story of my life, boy do I hate American healthcare.

in totally random thoughts, I have this beautiful stripy spider outside on my balcony that looks like it's walking on air, and it gets bigger every day.  I don't know what it's eating because I don't see it catch any bugs, but I'm enjoying having it for a temporary pet.

And men & women that are permanently disabled because of mass shootings like the ones yesterday eventually have to file for bankruptcy due to medical bills. I think that's what depresses me the most.

Spiders are awesome! They keep away some flies and I believe mosquitos too. If only there was a way to make a spider radioactive and bite someone to turn them into a Spider-Man. I wonder if that's what they're working on over in Area 51.

I'm just sitting here in PDX and realized that after today, I'll be in a different time zone every week for the next 4 weeks. 

We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit. -Aristotle

Arian, arian, zehetzen da burnia. -Basque proverb

Frisian Shieldmaiden level 12 (STR:16) (DEX:16) (STA:23) (CON:22) (WIS:17) (CHA:15)

Challenges: 11/12.14 - 1/2.15 - 2/3.15 - 15.4/5 - 15.6/7 - 15.7/9 - 16.1 - 16.3 - 16.4 - 16.5 - 16.10 - 16.11 - 16.12 - 17.1 - 17.2

2017 Goals: Maintain BW BS, 100kg DL - Muscle Up - 1/2 Marathon Condition - Abs

climbed stairs for exercise, like, 3 times in a 1-week period.  Now my knees hurt.  wtf?  I'm 33 fucking years old and normal weight.  Something's not right here.

On 8/31/2019 at 12:21 PM, Raincloak said:

climbed stairs for exercise, like, 3 times in a 1-week period.  Now my knees hurt.  wtf?  I'm 33 fucking years old and normal weight.  Something's not right here.

I'd say that's just DOMs....try it again.

Warriors don't count reps and sets. They count tons.

My psychologist weighs 45 pounds, has an iron soul and sits on the end of a bar

Tally Sheet for 2019

Encouragement for older members: Chronologically Blessed Group;

Encouragement for newbie lifters: When we were weaker

Unlikely.  Knees aren't made of muscle, they're cartilage and tendons and stuff.  And I know what DOMs, this isn't it.  Something is inflamed in there. 

Resting helped, but I may have to consult somebody if it persists.  Very annoying.

• Like 1

On 9/12/2019 at 9:58 AM, Raincloak said:

Unlikely.  Knees aren't made of muscle, they're cartilage and tendons and stuff.  And I know what DOMs, this isn't it.  Something is inflamed in there. 

Resting helped, but I may have to consult somebody if it persists.  Very annoying.

I wish you the best on this one and I hope it's nothing serious! If I can put my 2 cents in, I would make the call that it could be bursitis, the synovial fluid filled sacs that cushion the bone. Maybe they were rubbed the wrong way. 

I've had a right knee problem since I was a little kid, I think it's a ligament issue because I can rub it and push it back into place on the left side of my knee. It makes itself known completely at random sometimes, like "hello Human, just wanted you to know I'm still here and I'm not fixed yet".

Didn't anyone tell you that once you hit 30 your body just starts breaking down at a rapid pace? Every year is something new and exciting.

• Like 1

Level 2 Furyan Ranger    You keep what you kill

STR 3 | DEX 2 | STA 3 | CON 2 | WIS 2 | CHA 3
6.1 6.2 | Duolingo | Daily Fitocracy

Spoiler

Captain Hammer: Have I seen you at the gym?

Billy: [smiles] At the gym!

Captain Hammer: [to himself] I don't go to the gym, I'm just naturally like this...

Has anyone else had experience with an ingrown toenail? I had one on the side of my right toe several weeks ago, which I ripped out and it hasn't come back since but I can't do it with this toe. 

I have a relatively high pain tolerance so what kind of blade would work best you think? Has anyone done sonething similar like cutting it out? 

I tried the Texas Med Clinic and they want $225 up front just for the office visit, which is too much to me. I just need help because it's been red, a little swollen, and painful to walk on.

Just cut off the whole foot. Not even just the toe. The whole. foot.

Level 2 Furyan Ranger    You keep what you kill

STR 3 | DEX 2 | STA 3 | CON 2 | WIS 2 | CHA 3
6.1 6.2 | Duolingo | Daily Fitocracy

Spoiler

Captain Hammer: Have I seen you at the gym?

Billy: [smiles] At the gym!

Captain Hammer: [to himself] I don't go to the gym, I'm just naturally like this...

I'm not going to answer any social invitations tonight.  I've been at the world's beck and call all week, enough already.  Now I'm just gonna stay home, eat pasta in my pajamas, and write for NaNoWriMo. 

On 10/30/2019 at 4:56 PM, Nedwin said:

Just cut off the whole foot. Not even just the toe. The whole. foot.

I like the way you think!

On 11/1/2019 at 9:56 PM, Raincloak said:

I'm not going to answer any social invitations tonight.  I've been at the world's beck and call all week, enough already.  Now I'm just gonna stay home, eat pasta in my pajamas, and write for NaNoWriMo. 

What is NaNoWriMo?

I actually paid a doctor to slice up my toe and remove part of the toenail.

Home Depot charged me $75 for a new key to my truck just because it's one of the fancy ones with a chip inside it. $75 to make a new key though? Sounds silly to me.