Random Thoughts of Randomness

I always procrastinate until the last moment for gifts; this year I'm trying to change. I saw that Walgreens is having a sale on their photo dept stuff so I made a wall calendar for everyone for Christmas  I now want to show it off........hopefully I won't lose them before then.

until 10/17 the code is 50savings

Ok one done, now to fire up the cricut and make a few vinyl stickers for some travel mugs that I have

28 minutes ago, RubiksCat said:

Despite the corona virus related lock down this year there have been two silver linings for me.

1. I've kept my job at the restaurant.

2. I've started my own brokerage account and I'm proud to say I've gotten a small profit up to this point off stock rebounds.

CONGRATS on remaining employed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Also congrats on the money stuff!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I also started a little acorns account (invests spare change in $5 increments, etc) in January. Through their little pulls and my weekly contributions, I've managed 500$ to date. 

Also...kinda managed to get married 

YAY 2020...sorta...

• Like 1

Fitbit username: farflight   (would love to have more people on there)

Getting life in order is a challenge worth doing.

Happiness is the journey, not the destination (took me forever to learn that)

21 minutes ago, farflight said:

CONGRATS on remaining employed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Also congrats on the money stuff!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I also started a little acorns account (invests spare change in $5 increments, etc) in January. Through their little pulls and my weekly contributions, I've managed 500$ to date. 

Also...kinda managed to get married 

YAY 2020...sorta...

Sweet!! Congrats on the $500 because that's no small feat. We have to find those silver linings where we can.

Congrats on the marriage! I'd plan on getting married myself but kidnapping is against the law for some reason here in Texas.

Sorry all of my software came with my cutters and printers, and of course I use Adobe at work. Sorry to not be any help. If it's any consolation I had to upgrade my computer when I got my new cutter because it did not support Windows 7.

I like surprising people, like when I get the whole we need to send out Holiday cards and besides the long part of sorting the pictures between usable and Calvin I have 4 different card designs in less than an hour, sent to the printer and picked up an hour and a half later. 

So I live the Northeast where normal years it's below freezing between Mid-Nov and Mid-Mar, we are nestled between 4 mountains regions, Catskills, Adirondacks, Green, and Taconics, something like 100+ different ski areas, with tons of ponds/lakes everywhere so would think I could find a local place to get ice skates sharpened; nope..... however if I need anything basketball related 

On 12/10/2020 at 8:23 AM, Capt Frost said:

I live the Northeast where normal years it's below freezing between Mid-Nov and Mid-Mar, we are nestled between 4 mountains regions, Catskills, Adirondacks, Green, and Taconics, something like 100+ different ski areas, with tons of ponds/lakes everywhere so would think I could find a local place to get ice skates sharpened; nope..... however if I need anything basketball related 

Now I understand the story behind your username (I think? ) :) It must be a nightmare driving on the roads at night. Hope you can stay warm.

My restaurant chain doesn't have many decorations for Christmas this year. There's one stocking hung up on the wall but that's it. Otherwise you wouldn't know it's December.

We used to have Christmas movies playing before corporate took away the TV's, a full dining room before corporate gutted the dining room and focused more on take-out orders (among a few other changes employees haven't appreciated). It feels like the soul of my employer has been ripped from it's body this year and it's been replaced with lust for more profit...it feels like this year corporate is taking a "if you don't like it then no one is forcing you to work here" attitude. Maybe it's always been that way and I'm just now waking up to it. I'm sorry I just need to get this off my chest for once.

• Like 1

Driving in snow and ice ain't for the faint of heart, however just slow down, don't slam on your brakes and if you start sliding turn into the slide; honestly it's just something you get used to

http://icyroadsafety.com/correct.shtml  

It's a tough year for every restaurant from the chains all the way to the locals, so I feel your pain as a server because no one is making any money besides on take outs (at least around here) I just hope after everything is said and done we can get back to normal; which will see a record profit from restaurants because everyone will be out not wanting to cook anymore. 

• Like 1

That looks great. I looked at the pic before reading, I could tell right away they were crossed barbells so the picture conveys what you want it to.

Plus it's really cool.

• Like 2

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

6 hours ago, RubiksCat said:

Snow....literal snow in San Antonio....

It's the consistency of sawdust but I'm not complaining. Only the second time in my life I've ever seen it.

Pretty cool.

Are you old enough to remember the snow in the 80s? 

• Like 1

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

2 hours ago, RubiksCat said:

I'm pretty sure I was born around that time. I definitely don't remember any snow as a kid.

I was 3 and a half. I remember bits and pieces of it. 

• Like 1

Current Challenge