Random Thoughts of Randomness

He looks pretty buff to me, those weights are nice!

Raise your intelligence, so you get more skill points per level, max your speech and plow through the speech checks.

Lift your STR through the roof, and get a friggen Thermic Lance, or more Unarmed, and kick some Supermutants in the face!

Agility and Sneak, Lockpicking + Repair = rich. It's an open sandbox for a reason.

Charisma is a dump stat.

I've also heard of buffs like 'Kindness', 'Friendship', 'Love', and 'Being awesome to people'

that raise your Charisma despite an initial debuff.

• Like 2

"There is beauty in hardship / There are poems in grief" -Assemblage 23, Damaged

| STR:2.25 | DEX:2.25 | STA:2 | CON:1.25 | CHA:3.25 | WIS:7 | A place I will collect my woots - if I remember

Challenges | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 |  6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 15.115.2 |

Milythaels'  HOoRAY for which I am grateful | Today, right now, I am alive. And that is good.

It is amazing the power of those small gestures of love and kindness have on our lives. <3 - Liberator

"I myself am made entirely of flaws, stiched together with good intentions." - Augusten Burroughs, Magical thinking:True stories

"Pick up the pieces and keep going, one painfully slow step at a time." Hiraedd the twice-risen, hamadryad. 

"Spread love and understanding. Use force if necessary." - Leon Trotsky

"Let me think about the people I care about the most, and when they fail or disappoint me, I still love them, I still give them chances, and I still see the best in them. Let me extend that generosity to myself." zefrank1, An Invocation for Beginnings

"I don't feel guilty for wanting. That's like being mad because you have to breathe or pee. It just is." Someone in Reddit

"If you do strange things, strange things will happen!"

"That's it! Now go make something beautiful." -Jake Parker

On 7.8.2016 at 3:09 AM, Raincloak said:

Someone should sell breakfast cereal with weird stuff like that on the box.  Just so you can read it and think weird thoughts while eating your cornflakes.

(What, no one else reads their cereal box at the table?  Just me?)

There was a same idea over at Writer's Guild, @petefeet ?

so there's perhaps more support out there than one would think..? ;)

Not the only one! I used to read the backs, but it got a bit stale, on the fourth/fifth time.

Huge fan of reading while eating. When doing anything, really.

There was the idea that if you take 4 or 5 different veggies, so that they total up to a decent chunk of all the nutrients you need,

and blend them into this.. well, sluice :/ But it was very convenient :) (taste/ pleasant consistency nonwithstanding).

Maybe we could make healthy cereals out of dried, powdered veggies as flour?

"Tastes evil as fuck.. but here's some cool stuff to distract you!"

"There is beauty in hardship / There are poems in grief" -Assemblage 23, Damaged

| STR:2.25 | DEX:2.25 | STA:2 | CON:1.25 | CHA:3.25 | WIS:7 | A place I will collect my woots - if I remember

Challenges | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 |  6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 15.115.2 |

Milythaels'  HOoRAY for which I am grateful | Today, right now, I am alive. And that is good.

It is amazing the power of those small gestures of love and kindness have on our lives. <3 - Liberator

"I myself am made entirely of flaws, stiched together with good intentions." - Augusten Burroughs, Magical thinking:True stories

"Pick up the pieces and keep going, one painfully slow step at a time." Hiraedd the twice-risen, hamadryad. 

"Let me think about the people I care about the most, and when they fail or disappoint me, I still love them, I still give them chances, and I still see the best in them. Let me extend that generosity to myself." zefrank1, An Invocation for Beginnings

"I don't feel guilty for wanting. That's like being mad because you have to breathe or pee. It just is." Someone in Reddit

25 minutes ago, Guzzi said:

Guess who got themselves an UnderArmour top today for only £20!!!! Woot woot! :P 

First thought: "Cool! Does it stop bullets?"

• Like 1

Cha is not a dump stat, I know people who get by on nothing else.  Some of whom have worrying amounts of power and neither Int nor Wis.

• Like 1

Every saint has a past, and every sinner has a future.

Hylian Assassin 5'5", 143 lbs.
Half-marathon: 3:02
It is pitch dark. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

On 8.8.2016 at 10:56 PM, AugustaAdaByron said:

And after reading this thought, I thought of Deadpool!

Damn, now that is a compliment.

Thank you!

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, RandMart said:

What the FUCK are you talking about?

That's random, beyond fucking random

:D:D

I applied the S.P.E.C.I.A.L from Fallout games, and some possible strategies.

Also "A subreddit for Outside, a free-to-play MMORPG developed by Deity Games and the most popular game, with 7 billion+ active players."

6 hours ago, Akura said:

To quote Morpheus: "Welcome to the real world!"

♪♫ He said to me, condescendingly.

Take a seat, take your life,

Plot it out in black and white. ♫♪

• Like 2

Tomu-san - Level 3 HalfOgre Ranger

[ STR 2 | DEX 2 | STA 3 | CON 8 | WIS 6 | CHA 2 ]

Spoiler

"A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects."

- Robert Heinlein, Time Enough for Love

"I came here to drink milk and kick ass. And I've just finished my milk."

- Maurice Moss

I'm trying to eat my lunch but it's a bit difficult. I'm having to fend off a rat who thinks that what I have in my bowl must be better than the bits I set aside for her... Little shit that she is. :D 

• Like 1

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

Life is far too short to take seriously

3 hours ago, Guzzi said:

I'm trying to eat my lunch but it's a bit difficult. I'm having to fend off a rat who thinks that what I have in my bowl must be better than the bits I set aside for her... Little shit that she is. :D 

"A" rat? Like, a random rat visiting you during lunch?

The impediment to action advances action. What stands in the way becomes the way.

Instagram food log

6 hours ago, Guzzi said:

The question is, is Trixie right with her thoughts? Are you eating a bowl full of Dr. Mc Crunches super duper chocolate crunch flakes of awesomeness while you give her cauliflower. Do we need to call PETA? :P

• Like 1

Rats get along so well with humans because they have identical tastes in food.  Nature is remarkable.  I mean, why would a rodent and a primate like the same diet?  But they do....

Every saint has a past, and every sinner has a future.

Hylian Assassin 5'5", 143 lbs.
Half-marathon: 3:02
It is pitch dark. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

11 hours ago, Akura said:

"A" rat? Like, a random rat visiting you during lunch?

Hahaha! Now that would be utterly random, lol! I knew there would be people reading that who hadn't seen my post about Trixie (thank you Randmart for finding it, I am utterly amazed that you did btw) but I left out the explanation, just for funsies. :D 

Plus it added to the randomness. ;) 

9 hours ago, RandMart said:

You must be new here

Yeah, it's so weird that someone wouldn't hang out solely in The Pub, right? :P 

7 hours ago, Sjard said:

The question is, is Trixie right with her thoughts? Are you eating a bowl full of Dr. Mc Crunches super duper chocolate crunch flakes of awesomeness while you give her cauliflower. Do we need to call PETA? :P

We were dining on sundried tomato flavoured couscous with flakes of basil infused tuna, and for your information Miss Fussy-Britches decided that her portion had too much tuna so she just left it on the table, climbed onto my bowl and scooped my couscous out with her teeth whilst I was trying to eat it! 

Really!!! Just no table manners whatsoever. 

• Like 1

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

6 hours ago, Raincloak said:

Rats get along so well with humans because they have identical tastes in food.  Nature is remarkable.  I mean, why would a rodent and a primate like the same diet?  But they do....

You probably know this already but they share so much more with humans that just their diet...

They share a similar physiology, suffer from many of the same diseases as we do and have similar responses to medicines as us. We also share many social behaviours, rats form strong emotional bonds, they grieve when they lose a loved one, they even exhibit empathy and will actively try to save another rat in distress. 

I haven't been well enough to take our breeding does out to play for several months now but today I felt good so I was able to play with my girls, yay!  Even though they haven't seen me in months they obviously remember me! They were all over me, giving me rattie-kisses and snuggling up to me, scrambling down inside my top. 

One of the girls has kittens, they're 3 weeks old and they've opened their eyes and are venturing out of the nest to investigate. Because mum is so tame and well handled the babies aren't scared in the slightest when you pick them up. They are just the cutest thing ever!

8ab79c45706319a26cf41f5fa3a5d659.jpg

This is really cute, he is trying to "steal" treats stashed inside the ball. It's a great toy for them, stimulates their mind and keeps them happy. 

f98d90619f0d1f8435eabaa5e0f4b51f.jpg

And of course playing with the wooden "house" toy. They also have chew toys and treat sticks hanging from the roof to keep them occupied. :D 

3092d68ca72d42f4b8ccf80beacba3a3.jpg

• Like 3

On 8/11/2016 at 8:36 AM, RandMart said:

I had a feeling it was Game-Speak

I don't fucking speak "Gamer" thank you very much

Was a gamer mean to you at some point?

• Like 1

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

On 13/08/2016 at 4:15 AM, Guzzi said:

You probably know this already but they share so much more with humans that just their diet...

They share a similar physiology, suffer from many of the same diseases as we do and have similar responses to medicines as us. We also share many social behaviours, rats form strong emotional bonds, they grieve when they lose a loved one, they even exhibit empathy and will actively try to save another rat in distress. 

Apart from the forestomach thing they do share a similar phisiology. 

Also, just like us they will eat their babies if they're deformed...

• Like 1