Random Thoughts of Randomness

1 hour ago, Guzzi said:

Ok, but I'm blaming you if it's crap. ;) 

well you know my choice of music, soo there's that

Garris I was on vacation all of last week and I don't think there was 1 day that I slept past 8 am most of the time I would wake up at 6:30 and told myself to go back to sleep

Between a rock and a hard place, use our finger nails to climb, it's all we know..........

Daily Mile

Perfer et obdura: Dolor hic tibi proderit olim

That's funny there is a main stream team that used to come out in just the power rangers uniform (no mask) and sometimes they switch it up and come out in the Dragon Ball Z armor 

I have to say my favorite mask and full costume in wrestling right now has to be Drago from Lucha Underground; whoever designed his costume did a hell of a job

Between a rock and a hard place, use our finger nails to climb, it's all we know..........

Daily Mile

tumblr_orjnn937oD1tpri36o1_1280.jpg

Stay safe, my fellow Floridians.

• Like 4

Tomu-san - Level 3 HalfOgre Ranger

[ STR 2 | DEX 2 | STA 3 | CON 8 | WIS 6 | CHA 2 ]

Spoiler

"A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects."

- Robert Heinlein, Time Enough for Love

"I came here to drink milk and kick ass. And I've just finished my milk."

- Maurice Moss

@Raincloak - couldn't you have gone for the $100 and then paid someone $50 to clean the house? :D 

I jest.  I'm the kind of person who actually gets "antsy" about mess.  It can really get me down if there is stuff lying about or if the floors aren't clean. So yeah, I'd probably go with the house too. :) 

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

Life is far too short to take seriously

Well, in normal circumstances I'd let the mess wait until I have time to deal with it.  But circumstances are peculiar: I work 7 days a week, I'm housesitting, and the messy house which belongs to my parents (and which I am stuck with for the next couple weeks) is going to be my problem years in the future, if not now.  Plus I just hate staying in this place when it's so overcrowded with junk.  They actually have a cleaning service, but the cleaners only straighten up the piles.  They do not throw things away, except for what's in the trashcans of course.  So the piles of clutter grow and grow.

So, while I have the energy which is not gonna last forever, I'd rather skip work one day, forfeit the money, and get the house (partially) purged so I can stop being stuck with sitting a house full of clutter.  I didn't make as much progress as I hoped, but I did make a pretty good dent.  This is a big house, and I'd like to see it fully put to use, instead of half unusable full of junk.  Considering what real estate around here costs, a half empty 5-bedroom is just obscene.  I keep hoping they'll sell it and move somewhere smaller, and ditching the junk will help lighten their feet.

Every saint has a past, and every sinner has a future.

Hylian Assassin 5'5", 143 lbs.
Half-marathon: 3:02
It is pitch dark. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

Guzzi what no love for the 80's haha

Honestly it reminds me of those cheesy 80's fantasy action movies; which is 100% of what they were going for

Also on another related but separate note I don't get the hate for Teen Titans Go, is it Teen Titans; no, not it is not. Is it a marketing ploy to get kids to young to watch most of the new Marvel DC movies to be interested in comic book hero's ; yes, yes it is. It really is just a stupid zany Saturday morning cartoon that it supposed to be light hearted and fun, which honestly with all the crap going on in the world is what we need. 

Raincloak we are working with a therapist right now on getting rid of crap, not me I just want to fill a dumpster and be done with it. So they may need professional help in order to see what really matters and getting rid of things

Daily Mile

22 hours ago, Raincloak said:

I'm housesitting, and the messy house which belongs to my parents

Ah, yes I remember you talking about this before.  I gotta admit I would HATE to live in my childhood home (as it was) for a week. *shudders*.  I really feel for you.  I get stressed out by mess, I can't even imagine how bad it must be when dealing with hoarding. :(  Big hugs

• Like 1

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

Life is far too short to take seriously

Lolz, my folks will go to a therapist for hoarding right around the time they take up skydiving.  I love them, but that ain't gonna happen.  They don't Do therapy.  (I thank my lucky stars they do, at least, Do physical checkups and Do financial planning.  Oh yes, they adult really well, except for their clutter problem.)

Fortunately they don't have the real, threatening OCD case going on.  In fact I'm confident their storage issues are LESS bad than average Americans'.  And they are better than they used to be (they used to rent offsite storage, but not anymore). They just import too much, and use/export too little, and it adds up.  I probably wouldn't even notice, were it not for my own little issues and spending way too much time in my childhood home that I ought to be spending on my own dang business.  I said I wasn't gonna housesit again after the last time, but it's hard to say no to Mom.

It could be much worse.  I just need to be patient and keep chipping, I guess.  And try to appreciate progress even when it feels nonexistent.   A clear space tends to remain clear, while a messy one attracts more mess.  So if I can just hit the peak and make the space really dazzle, maybe, just maybe some of it will stay that way.

On 9/11/2017 at 2:43 PM, Raincloak said:

the messy house which belongs to my parents (and which I am stuck with for the next couple weeks)

The house, or the parents?

• Like 1

Tomu-san - Level 3 HalfOgre Ranger

[ STR 2 | DEX 2 | STA 3 | CON 8 | WIS 6 | CHA 2 ]

Spoiler

"A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects."

- Robert Heinlein, Time Enough for Love

"I came here to drink milk and kick ass. And I've just finished my milk."

- Maurice Moss

The parents I am keeping for a couple more decades, God willing.  They have their uses. ;) (And they're not here right now, hence why I'm camped out in their house.  They're paying me to feed the cats and make sure the place looks occupied, so as not to tempt burglars.) 

But I have very little use for their house.  It's okay, but it's too dark, too cluttered, too silent, too far away from my preferred haunts, and most of all it's Not Mine.  I miss my own place with my own stuff!  They don't even eat right here, it's all expiring lettuce, cans of beans and stale brown rice (shudder).  I bought some real food to get by, but I can't afford to restock the entire fridge, freezer, pantry and spice cabinet.

• Like 1

Honestly I think the spice rack is the one thing no one thinks about when they move out on their own. "Ohh this recipe looks good, wait I don't have half of the spices I need" 

And boom goes the supply catalog which honestly is a major part of my job that honestly after meetings and meetings is very clear that no one else gives a flying F about, so when those people at the meeting start complaining about not getting supplies I'm just going to bring up all the meetings and tell them it's not a high priority 

• Like 1

Daily Mile