Random Thoughts of Randomness

One of my old co-workers works for you now, I'm sorry....

The Fire Dept banned her from making popcorn in the microwave after the 2nd time during the middle of winter they had to evacuate the building.

So my doctor wants me to go on the Mediterranean diet, looks like I will be taking over shopping from my wife and that the both of us are going on diets , whether she likes it or not haha

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Between a rock and a hard place, use our finger nails to climb, it's all we know..........

Daily Mile

Perfer et obdura: Dolor hic tibi proderit olim

Wish my FD had banned 3 am drunken cookie baking sessions years ago.  I used to have That One Neighbor.  The firemen here aren't nearly bossy enough.

Mediterranean diet is super.  It has pretty much everything I like except mangos and kimchi.  If I had to eat one cuisine the rest of my life, Mediterranean would probably be it.

Every saint has a past, and every sinner has a future.

Hylian Assassin 5'5", 143 lbs.
Half-marathon: 3:02
It is pitch dark. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

I'm doing more research into it and trying to find recipes for an extremely picky eater; but this morning I made myself a spinach and cheese omelette 

Things that are annoying but I actually enjoy, so some doofus didn't know how to turn off the speaker system in the board room so they just turned every knob that they could find down to zero and every equalizer all the way to the bottom; so this morning while setting up for a meeting  I bluetoothed my phone into the system and blasted a little Rustic Overtones to get the sound just right

Between a rock and a hard place, use our finger nails to climb, it's all we know..........

Daily Mile

So while talking about the local library my friend asked an awesome "shower" question, how much money do you think you have saved by reading books from the library and not having to buy them

Just the last three books alone have saved me $85 (that just me not the kids)

Issac Asimov Robots at Dawn $25

Neil Gaiman Graveyard Book (complete) $35

Chuck Palahniuk Diary $25  

• Like 2

Daily Mile

After college/graduate school, I hated the thought of reading for pleasure for about 2 years. Parents got me a kindle and started reading like an addict again, spent lots of money on kindle books (which while cheaper than print media was still $$$).

A couple years into my kindle addiction, the wife found out that our library had an ebook collection...that you could browse, check out, and return online....yes, I can "visit" the library while on the john....over the past 3 years, at last calculation, the library has saved me and my wife roughly $1500 (we read a lot)

• Like 2

Fitbit username: farflight   (would love to have more people on there)

Getting life in order is a challenge worth doing.

Happiness is the journey, not the destination (took me forever to learn that)

so i bought this bois marocain inspired perfume oil..  one of the main components is incense..... doesnt smell like much on the roller, so on it goes, liberaly..

..and obviously I just turned the gym into a church dedicated to St. Hyacinth. Just need some candles for the squat rack now.... 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Remember that sensory deprivation causes hallucinations

• Like 1

Tomu-san - Level 3 HalfOgre Ranger

[ STR 2 | DEX 2 | STA 3 | CON 8 | WIS 6 | CHA 2 ]

Spoiler

"A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects."

- Robert Heinlein, Time Enough for Love

"I came here to drink milk and kick ass. And I've just finished my milk."

- Maurice Moss

I have done the opposite I have been trying to eat clean for the last week and I actually feel better, but honestly a nap still sounds good

So after Sunday nights tragic event I was talking to my daughter who brought up the incident called him a villain, which got me thinking the world needs more Heroes so I'm going to look for a Spider man costume after Halloween and try to raise money/gifts for childhood cancer and other various charities  

• Like 2

Daily Mile

:blue:

• Sad 1

Tomu-san - Level 3 HalfOgre Ranger

[ STR 2 | DEX 2 | STA 3 | CON 8 | WIS 6 | CHA 2 ]

Spoiler

"A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects."

- Robert Heinlein, Time Enough for Love

"I came here to drink milk and kick ass. And I've just finished my milk."

- Maurice Moss

I realized my daughter was exactly like me when we had the TV on mute and she began bobbing her head to the beat of this; I know it's hereditary because my mother and brother have it

also it's not the first time that she said something about lights being music 

Daily Mile

Well that is that and this is this..... 

Wow ok so everything that I used to get mad at my boss for not listening to me about I know have to give presentations on, woooo I'm going to need to update my wardrobe. Even if they don't do anything with what I'm telling them hopefully it will be enough for them to seek out a promotion for me. 

• Like 3

Daily Mile

2 hours ago, Frost of the Gloaming said:

Well that is that and this is this..... 

Wow ok so everything that I used to get mad at my boss for not listening to me about I know have to give presentations on, woooo I'm going to need to update my wardrobe. Even if they don't do anything with what I'm telling them hopefully it will be enough for them to seek out a promotion for me. 

....it's time ... :o)  ... https://youtu.be/TT_vf5ioXXk

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Remember that sensory deprivation causes hallucinations

Currently growing one that long now

So if One Punch Man did 100 push ups and 100 squats, why not just do 100 squat thrusts a day that would seem to be more efficient

Took my mom to the Albany Symphony Orchestra opening night for Star Wars it was awesome

Daily Mile

Dammit so the Symphony called me up and said for $99 dollars you get 3 tickets for any seats you want........ with the holidays coming up I'm a little reluctant to spend $300 on 3 sets of tickets but the upcoming shows though

DUKAS: The Sorcerer’s Apprentice
DAVID DEL TREDICI: “Rip van Winkle” for Narrator and Orchestra
STRAVINSKY: The Rite of Spring

MOZART: Marriage of Figaro, Overture and Selections
MOZART: Piano Concerto No. 23
MOZART: Piano Concerto No. 24

Schumann: Overture, Scherzo and Finale
Christopher Theofanidis: Viola Concerto
Beethoven: Symphony No. 5

GERSHWIN: Rhapsody in Blue
GERSHWIN: Piano Concerto in F
GERSHWIN: Second Rhapsody
GERSHWIN: Variations on "I Got Rhythm" 

Daily Mile