Random Thoughts of Randomness

13 minutes ago, Frost of the Gloaming said:

Found a 12 sided work out dice in Five below yesterday, should be a fun workout with the kids

I actually had to go and Google that.  I must be getting old! :D 

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

Life is far too short to take seriously

7 minutes ago, Frost of the Gloaming said:

To old for D&D??? How old exactly are you? Better question what did Brontosaurus burgers taste like?

Yeah, yeah, laugh away! :P   You just wish wish you were as old and (un)wise as me!

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

I got a nice haircut today but it was kind of expensive, unsure whether to be smug about self care or try to cheap out (again) next time... it's nice to not have shitty looking hair and supporting local business FTW but I don't want my hair to cost more than a restaurant dinner.  Ah, adulting is hard

• Like 1

Every saint has a past, and every sinner has a future.

Hylian Assassin 5'5", 143 lbs.
Half-marathon: 3:02
It is pitch dark. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

22 hours ago, Rubik'sCat said:

There's only one Five Below close to where I live. Before I went inside I always thought they only sold cold/winter weather-related gear. Boy, was I ever wrong. I thought "Five Below" was a reference to the weather for months before going inside for the first time.

I know which one you're talking about. What's in there? It looked like a glorified dollar store from the outside.

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

15 minutes ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

I know which one you're talking about. What's in there? It looked like a glorified dollar store from the outside.

Calling it a glorified dollar store is a good comparison but with higher quality merchandise. Maybe like a Ross store too I guess? There's some exercise equipment in the back, novelty t-shirts and women's products, new toy's and board games for the kids, journals/notebooks/pen aisle, phone accessories/tech gear, a few home furnishings like pillows and fluffy blankets, and candy/chocolates.

• Like 1

Between a rock and a hard place, use our finger nails to climb, it's all we know..........

Daily Mile

Perfer et obdura: Dolor hic tibi proderit olim

So speaking of the item up there, it has given me an idea for Halloween; I am going back to the store to pick up another dice; I am going to work out for the next 9 months (plan on working out for life) getting cross fit jacked; and going to be Gandalf the Swole; and carry the dice with me as a play on the whole D&D thing. Should be a hit with the Halloween trivia at work. 

• Like 2

Between a rock and a hard place, use our finger nails to climb, it's all we know..........

Daily Mile

Ugh!!!!!  Can I just say that opioid withdrawal is the shits!!!  (Quite literally sometimes too, they don’t warn you about the squirty bum but it’s a fact.)  

I’m sitting here freezing cold but pouring sweat and feeling like I have a hangover.  And this has been going on for over a week!  At least it hasn’t been as bad this time as it was the last time I reduced my meds, THAT gave me a whole new appreciation for Trainspotting!  Fingers crossed in a couple of weeks I’ll be able to say that after 4.5 years I’m finally off the tramadol completely.  Wooo!

I gotta say in all seriousness though, I now have a great respect for anyone who has suffered an addiction and managed to get clean.  It is bad enough trying to get off prescription drugs, I can’t imagine what it must be like for someone addicted to anything stronger.  Plus they have to deal with being judged on top of it all, that just ain’t right.  :( 

• Like 3

Awesome job!!!!

Here in the States opioids are equal to heroin, so much that they prescribe methadone to get people off of them. Methadone is used for the treatment of heroin addiction. So honestly there isn't anything much harder then what you are doing right now. Keep it up!! 

Daily Mile

2 minutes ago, Frost of the Gloaming said:

Here in the States opioids are equal to heroin, so much that they prescribe methadone to get people off of them.  

Seriously???  Holy crap! :o 

That’s kinda shocking to someone from the UK where the medical advice is pretty much “suck it up, buttercup” when it comes to getting off this stuff.  I’m down to just taking a 1/4 dose before bed, which I still need at the mo because otherwise the phantom sensations are just unbearable at night. 

Random fact for the day: rats “fear poo” when they get scared.  Big wet, squishy poops that are particularly smelly.  

Guess who who had to take a scared rat to the vets today, and got pooed on. :angry:

• Like 1

on faceplace, people who live one way and then post stuff that is the exact opposite of what they really are. My sister in law being a prime example; posts nonsense but is the biggest abuser of what she's posting about. Probably thinking that if she gets people not to do what she does there will be more for her. 

• Like 2

Daily Mile