• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Tomu-san

Random Thoughts of Randomness

Saw this and had to share

"The Egyptian Mau, is probably the oldest cat breed in the world. In fact it's so ancient that it's name is the Egyptian word for cat"

Picture this An ancient Egyptian wondering around the wilderness stumbling upon a cat and asking "What are you?" and the cat replying "Mau" " 

Considering that my cats answer me back when I talk to them, I honestly think that is highly probable how it happened. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

20 hours ago, Frost of the Gloaming said:

Tried doing a job and couldn't figure it out, stepped back went through the steps, questioned all of them, re-did the entire process; now a monkey can do the job. Seriously some people make things harder than they need to be 

But... this is the way we always did it!

My daughter made herself breakfast ice cream; I was going to question it, but considering it was a normal breakfast smoothie but with a little less milk and a little more frozen berries I just let it go

Breakfast Ice Cream:

half a banana

frozen berries

milk

chocolate instant breakfast mix (or chocolate protein powder) 

throw all the ingredients into a blender, just add a little less milk to the mix than you would when making a smoothie, blend until mixed and the consistency of soft serve ice cream

I do not know the ratio of anything because we just wing it

• Like 1

On 3/21/2019 at 1:47 PM, Tomu-san said:

But... this is the way we always did it!

Reminds me of the story my physio told me about the monkeys in a cage with a ladder and some bannanas.... 

He used it as an analogy for how things are done in the NHS (no, not with monkeys and hoses *sigh*)

So to all my running friends that are become new parents I always suggest getting a jogging stroller and tell them about rolling nap time, picnics in the park and all the other fun stuff through out the years that I was able to do it; kids got to big to push, now I chase them while they ride their bikes. So today at running club we were bitching about the crappy weather it's a raw 30 f degree rainy day; f-in miserable. But two of the new dads said they are waiting for the weather to change because they already scouted out a nice run around their neighborhoods to do with their kids.