• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Aynon13

Not sure if I belong here yet but....

Ok I've met some and prob not all, I have my class set to rebel. Well thats cause I never seen myself as a warrior. But being Im older and I have the weight to back it, I think its time to start lifting like a guy for my size.....6-1 now 215......I will go back up once I can get my form right, a bit stricter with my routine...I will add my 4 week soon on this intro so stay tuned if ya want, and I know the support will be there cant wait.

• Like 1

Welcome to the Warriors!  What kind of routine are you doing?

What do you mean by "older?"  I'm 43.  Wildross might check in soon and he is quite a bit older.

@Sam AshenAshenAshen no disrespect meant I just know that it can be harder to get and stay in shape past 30....lol.. Im going to get on the 5/3/1 routine. I dont want to change it but I read a post where someone was asking about using a mace for weight training. Being I think of myself a bit on the untraditional side I looked into it and want to incorporate it maybe as a maintenance. Or on my rest days......yes I know im supposed to rest but being my job is a physical job. I figure why not I dont really get rest anyhow, besides I throw sledge hammers around at work.

Welcome aboard!  You mean like a shoulderok?

shoulderok-h.jpg

It lets you put some weight at the end it's meant to work the shoulder stabilizers.  I'm sure the forearms get worked as well.  I saw them demo this in a video with Eric Spoto (massive bench press powerlifter) after he had shoulder surgery.  A sledgehammer would probably work similarly without the ability to easily change the weight.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Aynon13 said:

I just know that it can be harder to get and stay in shape past 30

No offense taken. :)  There are lots of people here in their 30's.

I'm going to get on the 5/3/1 routine. I don't want to change it but I read a post where someone was asking about using a mace for weight training. Being I think of myself a bit on the untraditional side I looked into it and want to incorporate it maybe as a maintenance.

I don't know anything about 5/3/1 because I have never tried it.  There are people who do, so you will have good company.

Mace.  You mean like this?

Sure!  Why not!  This looks like a Warrior way of getting conditioned!  (aside from 10x10)

Or on my rest days......yes I know im supposed to rest

One rest day per week is good enough. :D  Have you heard anything about Bulgarian methods?  (Basically the programming is you hit your maxes every day, then do volume.)

Yes to the video like that there is also a group called onit....I watched like 3 or so of their videos...no im still kinda new, aside from lifting when I.was younger what is this Bulgarian that you speak of..I dont have much to work.with. Cant afford a gym membership so everything I do will be at home or work. So far I know is.

My cal intake is around the 2000 mark.

My shoulder press is 100 max and my form needs attention

I can curl 35 at 5 reps

I do weighted push ups with no more than 15lbs in my bag

Pull ups

Hey Aynon.

I train at home too, got myself a pieced together gym out in the garage. 

We can help with form and programming and encouragement. lots of encouragement. 

You didn't list squats or deadlifts in the above post? are they typically lifts you'd work on? 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Grymm said:

Welcome aboard!  You mean like a shoulderok?

shoulderok-h.jpg

It lets you put some weight at the end it's meant to work the shoulder stabilizers.  I'm sure the forearms get worked as well.  I saw them demo this in a video with Eric Spoto (massive bench press powerlifter) after he had shoulder surgery.  A sledgehammer would probably work similarly without the ability to easily change the weight.

Yea that looks to be convenient with the way you could adjust weight, the weight training mace has a ball at the end you could fill with lead shot

I dont have a straight bar yet to do squats I tried with my curl bar and it didnt feel right so I stopped....I will add it it when I get one. Im very ill prepared I only have up to 100lbs in weight . I guess I shoud throw lifts in bu I found 100lb lifts very easy

4 minutes ago, Aynon13 said:

Ok @Sam Ashen I looked into the Bulgarian method.....its very scary..lmao I know im not ready for that yet. 

I first looked it up on powerliftingtowin.  I mentioned it as a way of saying not everybody follows alternating lift days and rest days.  And no.  I was not really recommending it.  Almost nobody really does Bulgarian method.  Most of us have day jobs.

Here is cartoon that describes Bulgarian Method:

1-True-Bulgarian-Method-01.png

• Like 1

Oh hell....lol ive been looking up everything....thought it was a suggestion. Lol I feel dumb as rocks. My job allows me to lift while im here...im lucky that way I guess.

I would highly recommend having a few months of novice training under your belt prior to trying anything @Sam Ashen recommends.  One of his recent workouts literally included deadlifting 315# 100 times. 

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, Grymm said:

I would highly recommend having a few months of novice training under your belt prior to trying anything @Sam Ashen recommends.  One of his recent workouts literally included deadlifting 315# 100 times. 

And thats effen crazy lmao so crazy I almost want to try it once..not for the hundred though. My Bulgarian training says 1 of everything no more no less....lmao

I'd echo Grymm's advice and find a beginner program and stick with that for a few months, to get you moving and building the foundations. 

it's good to do the reading, Just don't get stuck collecting underpants and spend all your time reading up on ALL THE THINGS. 

re: the squat. If you haven't got a straight bar, you can use the different variations to squat, front squat, hold a dumbbell in front of you or two on your shoulders. 

• Like 2

@Pat G oh most definitely will not just read up on stuff...and ive I've kind of been following my own program, taking bits and pieces of knowledge from the entire community here.....its great grymm has given sound advise. So have others and im going to listen and do. My battle log has all my things going on, my numbers are not great but I know they will improve in time and being I am still new im just taking my time. As someone once said one rest day is enough. So had a bit of a rough day yesterday did some maintenance reps and going back at it.....want to get in a challenge but again im going to wait a bit.

Good stuff!

Doesn't matter what your numbers are like right now, as long as you keep plugging away at it chiefy. We don't care where you've come from, only where you're going and how we can help you.

• Like 2

On 8/4/2016 at 0:54 AM, Pat G said:

Hey Aynon.

I train at home too, got myself a pieced together gym out in the garage. 

We can help with form and programming and encouragement. lots of encouragement. 

You didn't list squats or deadlifts in the above post? are they typically lifts you'd work on? 

Sorry about the way delay in my answer I thought it would qouted but looking back it didnt. So as unconventional as I am im making shtuff work. I've started deadlifts with a 125lb truck tire. I do 10x10 as far as squats I take 3 dumbells in a gym bag, right now im at 65lb front. I've also have been doing should presses everyday, 15lb kettlebell throws.

• Like 1