Overheard in the gym - Share!

Just do a google image search for "bro" and then one for "bruh".   

Did I offer advice in my post?  Please keep the following in mind:

• I am not a doctor nor any other kind of medical professional.
  • I am not a lawyer.
  • I am not a mental health provider
  • I am not a nutritionist
  • Your mileage may vary
  • I don't do anything in moderation
  • I have lots of injuries & if you train like me, you probably will too.

So is bro pronounced like broe or like the first three letters of "brother"? And is there a difference between brah and broh? Or is it like Dawn/Don where half the population will say yes and half will say no?

• Like 1

2016 goals: Hit goal weight. Build muscle.

2015 goals: Get stronger, stop loathing squats and get better at them - DONE!!!

2014 goal: Lose 52.5 lbs. - DONE!!! 12/13/14

MFP

Too many to remember, but here goes:

shortly after Beck won the Grammy this year:

YOLO 1: So that's why they picked some guy nobody has ever heard of, because they're trying to seem more authentic by *not* picking the popular artist.

YOLO 2: Man that totally makes sense. I Youtube'd some of his stuff, and it's just so weird, but that's exactly why they gave him the award.

Me thinking to myself: I don't want to live on this planet anymore.

------

BRO 1 to BRO 2: You're not deadlifting if your back isn't hurting the next day.

ME: Well at least they won't be taking up valuable weight lifting space for long.

edit:  w00t! first post!

• Like 1

Why in the world is there an elevator anyway? haha

Why does every gym have those "bros" that just sit around the free weights clacking like hens about sports, women, and beer? Our gym has a bestro connected to it. It's the ideal spot for socializing and staying out of the way of those who actually want to use the free weights.

Do these bros ever barbell curl in the squat rack? Cause I've seen that many times at 1 gym I used to frequent.

Almost on topic, I hate being called "brother" unless a) I am your biological bro or, B) we've been through some shit together. The unsolicited "brother" reminds me of the preacher on Poltergeist 2. Creeps me the fuck out.

Come at me Bro!

• Like 1

May Br0din bless you with mighty gains, and may your shaker bottle always be full.

Wheymen

...and, if you die...  Walk it off - Captain America

Level 13: 1/4 Giant Warrior

STR - 50 | DEX - 19 | STA - 19 | CON - 14 | WIS - 28 | CHA - 24

My food logging is here*: MFP: tyrsnbdr

Who said that? Brozekiel!!!

I thought it was the Brossiah?

• Like 1

Lvl 4 Dragonborn (Dungeons and Dragons not Skyrim) Warrior

STR:8.5 DEX:3 STA:10.5 CON:7.5 WIS:5 CHA:4

MyFitnessPal (Looking for NerdFitness PPL)

Current Challenge

Completed:PMyrrh's Viking Winter PMyrrh's Path of the Persevering Paladin Brazen and Unabashed 5 minute Spartan Plank 50/50 Squats

COLD ASS VIKING CHALLENGE: 30/30

100%
100%

BRO 1 to BRO 2: You're not deadlifting if your back isn't hurting the next day.

ME: Well at least they won't be taking up valuable weight lifting space for long.

I always think the logic of 'you're not lifting well enough unless your muscles ache the next day' should be applied to other areas of life. You're not studying hard enough unless you wake up with a headache, you're not reading hard enough unless you have sore eyes after, if your genitals aren't in burning pain the next day you're terrible in bed, etcetera.

I thought it was the Brossiah?

No, he's a very naughty boy.

• Like 1

Follow me on snapchat or instagram @ catintherack

Squat: 115kg

Bench: 77.5kg

Deadlift: 130kg

Total: 322.5kg

Weight: 68kg

I just remembered this one.  

My gym for some reason has a huge cable machine right next to all the free weights.  I use it for pull-ups, but whatever.  

Anyway, I'm lifting whatever it is and I see this guy go to the cable machine, set about 30-ish pounds on it, put one of the arm straps for Hanging Leg Raises around his head and proceed to pull the weight using his neck.  Or at least, I guess that's what he was doing.  It just looked really weird to me.  Maybe it's a thing.  I don't know.  

"Someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back." - Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Current Challenge

Also, I Agree With Tank™

I just remembered this one.  

My gym for some reason has a huge cable machine right next to all the free weights.  I use it for pull-ups, but whatever.  

Anyway, I'm lifting whatever it is and I see this guy go to the cable machine, set about 30-ish pounds on it, put one of the arm straps for Hanging Leg Raises around his head and proceed to pull the weight using his neck.  Or at least, I guess that's what he was doing.  It just looked really weird to me.  Maybe it's a thing.  I don't know.  

Similar to the neck harness, #3?

http://www.projectswole.com/weight-training/the-top-5-best-neck-exercises/

"Insanity - you make my world a better place man, you really do! That shit is awesome! :D" - Guzzi-

My first challenge

My battle Log: Insanity: Warrior Monk

Honorary Ranger dubbed by DarK_RaideR, 1000 Pound club (875 of 1000)

Nope.  He had the cable fulcrum all the way at the top and was pulling it sideways with his head.  Using the arm strap.  It actually reminded me a little bit of this, but with weight: 

roxbury.gif

• Like 2

"Someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back." - Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Current Challenge

Also, I Agree With Tank™

Nope.  He had the cable fulcrum all the way at the top and was pulling it sideways with his head.  Using the arm strap.  It actually reminded me a little bit of this, but with weight: 

roxbury.gif

Sounds the same, just a different direction. The neck harness can be used to go from side to side as well. Sounds like what he was doing, but with a makeshift setup.

• Like 1

"Insanity - you make my world a better place man, you really do! That shit is awesome! :D" - Guzzi-

My first challenge

Sounds the same, just a different direction. The neck harness can be used to go from side to side as well. Sounds like what he was doing, but with a makeshift setup.

Could be.  I'm sure it's a thing.  Most of the stuff we call "weird" is.  This just took me by surprise, I guess.  

Current Challenge

Also, I Agree With Tank™

Could be.  I'm sure it's a thing.  Most of the stuff we call "weird" is.  This just took me by surprise, I guess.  

Absolutely... I only know about it because of football, since then I've never seen anything remotely similar, and that's going on 15 years.

• Like 1

My first challenge

Don't Bro me if you don't know me!

This sounds much better than "Don't Brah me if you don't gnaw me!"

2016 goals: Hit goal weight. Build muscle.

2015 goals: Get stronger, stop loathing squats and get better at them - DONE!!!

2014 goal: Lose 52.5 lbs. - DONE!!! 12/13/14

MFP

Absolutely... I only know about it because of football, since then I've never seen anything remotely similar, and that's going on 15 years.

We used to do isometrics with our head against a teammates knee.

Warriors don't count reps and sets. They count tons.

My psychologist weighs 45 pounds, has an iron soul and sits on the end of a bar

Tally Sheet for 2019

Encouragement for older members: Chronologically Blessed Group;

Encouragement for newbie lifters: When we were weaker

We used to do isometrics with our head against a teammates knee.

Trying to get a mental image, but I can't figure this one out....neither way I'm picturing makes any sense at all...

• Like 1

My first challenge