Overheard in the gym - Share!

hugs WHILE eating ice cream and beer?

or hugs after ice cream and beer.

maybe beer hugs?  

I like it- we can do ALL the THINGS!!! WOOT WOOT

oh- overheard in the gym yesterday

my 170 BP- guy next to me goes

"that was real yo"

what does that even mean?  like that was a real bench press?  I know it was supposed to be a compliment- but I'm not sure what it means LMAO. Oh well- I had fun explaining my nerd world and the on line internal competition- it toltally helped my nerd-dom since I was wearing super man underwear outside my pants.  :D

Oh, man, please keep this thread going.  Makes me feel so much better about my obvious newb-ness - I might lift like the weakling I am, but at least my technique is right and I'm polite...

No stories from me; I'm in no place to share ignorant-gym-people stories except the ones that involve me doing that self-conscious 'oh god they're looking askance I so don't fit in here with my unfit body and wait does that mean they think I'm doing something wrong or is my discomfort just that obvious?' thing.

Previous challenges:

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6)

Vella, take from this thread the realisation that some of the gym addicts looking at you oddly have probably been doing things wrong for a very long time. If time spent always equalled knowledge and wisdom, this would be a much happier world!

What happens when you play Final Fantasy VII with everyone called Cloud?

It gets quite confusing... https://ff7crowdofclouds.wordpress.com/

i get teary at the mere thought of extended cardio...
This.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Massrandir, Barkûn, Swolórin, The Whey Pilgrim
500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"Friends don't let friends squat high." ~ Chad Wesley Smith
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

Guy taking up the all the space in the cable pull machine today (so he could watch himself in the mirror), practising his golf swing using a towel. Not only did I want to use the machine for face pulls, but he looked ridiculous flapping the towel about and hitting himself in the face with the floppy end of it. Why was he even in the weight section practising his golf swing?!

Warrior Princess
Eating Psychology Coach

Adventure's Guild Challenge winner: Challenge #24

â•‘ Live the Whole  â•‘ Bucket List â•‘Level up my Lifeâ•‘ 

"Don't ever save anything for a special occasion. Every day you're alive is a special occasion."

Guy taking up the all the space in the cable pull machine today (so he could watch himself in the mirror), practising his golf swing using a towel. Not only did I want to use the machine for face pulls, but he looked ridiculous flapping the towel about and hitting himself in the face with the floppy end of it. Why was he even in the weight section practising his golf swing?!

The cable machine at my gym has a golf club attachment just for that. Baseball bat as well.

Level 2 Half-Sidhe Archer (Toolkitted Ranger)

|Str 3|Dex 3|Sta 2|Con 3|Wis 2|Cha 1| 

Introduction: Roll your own adventure!  DBL: Aim to Misbehave!

Challenge 1, 2Browncoats 1, 2

On my friend's fb wall: "today we did a slow twerking workout aka deadlifts."

Oh my gosh, that made my day.

And for those who need a little boost of restored faith in the gym-going, today I was in the freeweights section with four other women around me.  All of them were lifting as heavy or heavier than me (6-8kg), those doing squats were doing them properly, and everyone was going hard.

And nobody stopped to tell anyone that they were doing it wrong/would get 'bulky'/insert idiocy here.

Today was a good day.

• Like 1

Previous challenges:

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6)

My trainer was discussing the breeding ground of 'lost socks' in our shoe rack. One of my friends mentioned that "it's only a matter of time until someone forgets their underwear..."

...well yep. The very next day, there was a very sad and lonely bra found in the changing rooms. Derp.

Pixie Ranger Drunk on Tea~ (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧

Oh my gosh, that made my day.

And for those who need a little boost of restored faith in the gym-going, today I was in the freeweights section with four other women around me.  All of them were lifting as heavy or heavier than me (6-8kg), those doing squats were doing them properly, and everyone was going hard.

And nobody stopped to tell anyone that they were doing it wrong/would get 'bulky'/insert idiocy here.

Today was a good day.

This is excellent.  I love that most people at my "globocal" (globo-style but small, local chain) gym who do squats do them to depth.  Usually in running shoes but take what you can get.  Also there are often deadlifts and cleans happening and lots of 2.5lb plates.  It's a good blend of awesome stuff like that (at the 1 squat rack and 2 power racks) and the machines/cardio equipment that get a lot of other people in.  Something for everyone!

The Tin Man: Cyborg Ranger

Tin Man's Out of Date Epic Quest

I am what I do.

Eh-heh-heh  *tugs collar*  Yeah, if I'm at the gym, I'm squatting in running shoes.

The alternative is dress shoes or hiking boots, though, so it's more a case of take what you can get.

As I said, it's not the worst.  I started off doing that, then I got Chucks.  I'm still at the Chucks stage and have not graduated to lifting shoes.

The Tin Man: Cyborg Ranger

Tin Man's Out of Date Epic Quest

I am what I do.

The do them "to Depth" or they do them "to Death?" Because those are two VERY Different things
In soviet Russia, we do both.
OK, no squatting for me, then Thanks
It's better to squat in anything than not at all.

Massrandir, Barkûn, Swolórin, The Whey Pilgrim
500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"Friends don't let friends squat high." ~ Chad Wesley Smith
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

Dunno if this could be much of overhearing at the gym...  Well, if you consider a guy at the gym making a lot of noise overhearing...

This guy at the gym was grunting, like he was giving birth to a child.  I just kinda chuckled while I saw him go on the chest press machine.

I went to the ab area to do my ab work outs, he ended up being there before me, I think.  He was really going at it with his ab work outs, grunting even more and close to screaming, like he finally wanted to give birth already.  I just stopped what I was doing and stared, lol...

The guy later sat there in the middle of his work out and talked to someone on his bluetooth.  Seemed like a typical gym meathead, lol.  Somehow, the bluetooth completed the look.  I guess cuz bluetooths can make people look like d-bags sometimes, lol.

<p>Gwenhwyfar, level 0 Wild elf adventurerSTR 0|DEX 0|STA 0|CON 0|WIS 0|CHA 0