Overheard in the gym - Share!

She was a stripper, not a hillbilly

In my experience, the best are both.

• Like 1

Massrandir, Barkûn, Swolórin, The Whey Pilgrim
500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"Friends don't let friends squat high." ~ Chad Wesley Smith
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

If there's anything I learned working at The Dolphin, there's a market for everyone

The Dolphin! I've been there, my buddy lived 2 blocks away until a month or two ago. We used to stop there for a drink on the way to get a cab as a joke.

Massrandir, Barkûn, Swolórin, The Whey Pilgrim
500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"Friends don't let friends squat high." ~ Chad Wesley Smith
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

One time I was doing my squats and had my headphones on pretty much full blast. Some scrawny dude about my height (I'm 5'2") comes up to me and taps my shoulder. I take off my headphones to hear him ask, "Hey do you need a spot?"

Um.. no but I'll take that as a compliment?

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

Momoxstarx the N00bcake Extraordinaire

lvl 2 Mithra Warrior

[STR 3|DEX 2|STA 5|CON 2|WIS 2|CHA 1]

"Hold onto your knickers..."

Tumblr - Instagram - YouTube

Oh Oh. Another time I was doing squats, this dude was doing deadlifts on the other squat rack. He was pulling around 400. I remember feeling jealous. All was fine until this other big bro comes in and starts asking both me and this dude about how many sets we got left. I assume he didn't like our answers cuz instead of waiting, he decides to go and grab a bar from one of

the benches and proceeds to use the rack that first dude was still using. He loads up 45on each side and strains to do his half squats. The other dude was like wtf?

Then a friend of this bro comes and starts chatting with him all jovial and shit. He's just cranking out half squats..

I felt bad for the other dude. He got his rack stolen.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

lvl 2 Mithra Warrior

So I feel like they went to my gym and filmed this. saw a guy half repping 325 for squats...I take that back it wasn't even half squats there was maybe 3 inches worth of movement that was it.

Level 0 Human, Monk

82%
82%
Lose 75 lbs

Startin Fresh

"Nothing is ever easy." Zeddicus Zull Zorander

"Do or Do Not, There is no try" Yoda

"Weak people face life obstacles with an excuse in their hand, strong peple carry a hammer."

Estemated 1RM

Bench: 195lbs

Squat: 245lbs

Deadlift: 295lbs

Total weight: 735lbs

Goal Weight 1000lbs

I love going to a powerlifting gym. The conversations I overheard last night consisted of the following:  

"Come on mate, work for it, you can do this!"

and
"How many calories are you on a day?"

and 

"Are these your wrist wraps?"

It was lovely. 

Level 1 SheHulk Warrior [str: 1]  [Dex : ]  [sta: ]  [Con: ]  [Wis: 1]  [Cha: ] 

Challenge 2: Project Krisptonite

I love going to a powerlifting gym. The conversations I overheard last night consisted of the following:

"Come on mate, work for it, you can do this!"

and

"How many calories are you on a day?"

and

"Are these your wrist wraps?"

It was lovely.

That's beautiful. I'd love to be a part of a gym like that.

posted from my awesome G2 using Tapatalk... probably goofing off at work or on the throne.

• Like 1

lvl 2 Mithra Warrior

Guest Dirty Deads

Saw this video on YouTube... I wouldn't want to piss her off.

posted from my awesome G2 using Tapatalk... probably goofing off at work or on the throne.

Where'd she flip him off?

off topic but that's a bit of an odd form (not bad but noticeably different), what with the little pop at the end and the near squat at the beginning, but hey, taint bad and its heavy, that dude needed a kick in the teeth

Really? I would have thought her hips could have been a little lower so she could flatten out her back a bit more. The pop at the end is her bringing her hips through and shoulders back so her lift isn't disallowed in powerlifting comps. I could be wrong though. I'll gladly hear someone more experienced critique the lift. 

Level 1 SheHulk Warrior [str: 1]  [Dex : ]  [sta: ]  [Con: ]  [Wis: 1]  [Cha: ] 

Challenge 2: Project Krisptonite

Oh.  I saw it- at 35 seconds- she flips the bird- right after she pops her guard in (mouth guard? I guess)..

I didn't see anything mind blowing. - her back could have been flatter- but I know on my big lifts its far from dead spot on LOL.   That chit looks heavy and she picks up pretty cleanly for the most part.

I don't understand the rush under or to the bar- lots of squatters do it- and I don't get it. I'm much more slow to set up. it seems weird to do anything quickly to me. Shrug. to each their own. 

Guest Dirty Deads

Not overheard in the gym, but the nutrition store:

Woman to clerk, "I want protein powder, but not the male powder that gives you big muscles and all."

Maybe she heard the rumor about Muscle Milk years ago.