• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Djinn

Paranoid Wreck?

Hi!

Back story:

I've been dropping refined carbs over the past few weeks, as an extension of cutting down on alcohol over the last couple of months. I used to drink every night, and now I only drink one night a week. Since that helped me feel a lot better, I decided to start cutting down on other things that might be poisoning me. :-)

Anyway, two weeks ago when I dropped the last of my grain consumption, I felt like a paranoid, emotional basket case, and other things were happening, so I added some grains back in after a few days. I decided to try again yesterday, and I again feel like a wreck, so I'm guessing that there's a connection. I've upped my fruit consumption in an effort to ease things along, and I already eat a lot of vegetables.

I'm not going to give up - I'm good at rolling with emotional distress - but any guesses as to how long this might last? Is this a thing that happens often?

TL;DR: I'm experiencing some paranoia, and I'm wondering if anyone else has experienced this when switching to full paleo?

The "Paleo Flu" is normal, but it's usually feelings of low blood sugar, hunger, etc. not mental distress. Of course, being hungry makes me a little mentally distressed, so that could be worth noting.
It took me about 3-4 weeks of ditching grains to stop feeling funky.

I find that when I lower my grains to almost zero I can definitely feel a bit edgy, but this also translates into more energy. One thing that helped me fight the irritability was to up my fat intake while not eating grains. I do this with olive oil, butter (I know its not Paleo), Avocado, and Eggs, lots of eggs. Sometimes Bacon.

On 8/10/2016 at 9:30 AM, FillAwful said:

I find that when I lower my grains to almost zero I can definitely feel a bit edgy, but this also translates into more energy. One thing that helped me fight the irritability was to up my fat intake while not eating grains. I do this with olive oil, butter (I know its not Paleo), Avocado, and Eggs, lots of eggs. Sometimes Bacon.

ALWAYS BACON.

• Like 2