Grip strength question

Cast Iron Ken

So I have been doing a version of simple and sinister, by version I alternate days between swings and snatches. I am capable of doing the 10 sets of 10 snatches, however I have to attempt doing them alternating hands per set. At the moment I am doing 5L and 5R each set. I am having issues with my grip on the left as I progress. Before I move to doing one hand per set, I feel the need to improve my grip strength. I am looking for suggestions. Currently, I have moved down from 24kg to 20kg and alternating arm per set(1st set is 10 left, 2nd set is 10 right). I am looking at purchasing Captains of Crush grip strength training. Does anyone have information on this product or grip training in general that could help out.

4 hours ago, Cast Iron Ken said:

So I have been doing a version of simple and sinister, by version I alternate days between swings and snatches. I am capable of doing the 10 sets of 10 snatches, however I have to attempt doing them alternating hands per set. At the moment I am doing 5L and 5R each set. I am having issues with my grip on the left as I progress. Before I move to doing one hand per set, I feel the need to improve my grip strength. I am looking for suggestions. Currently, I have moved down from 24kg to 20kg and alternating arm per set(1st set is 10 left, 2nd set is 10 right). I am looking at purchasing Captains of Crush grip strength training. Does anyone have information on this product or grip training in general that could help out.

Farmer's Carries , bottoms up kettlebell presses and suitcase carries are what helped me. . For a while, I did some sort of carry after my S & S set.

Wisdom 21   Dexterity 13   Charisma 14   Strength 20  Constitution-13

Elastigirl Endeavors, Experiments, , and Explains - Current Challenge: May 9 to June 12 - Nerd Fitness Rebellion

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song, above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world" J.R.R.Tolkien

17 hours ago, Elastigirl said:

Farmer's Carries , bottoms up kettlebell presses and suitcase carries are what helped me. . For a while, I did some sort of carry after my S & S set.

Well, I recently had to move and my new courage corner doesn't have the height for bottom up presses. I ordered the first level of grip strength trainers from captains of crush and we will see how they go. I based my purchase off a Pavel recommendation so hopefully all works out. 

1 hour ago, Cast Iron Ken said:

Well, I recently had to move and my new courage corner doesn't have the height for bottom up presses. I ordered the first level of grip strength trainers from captains of crush and we will see how they go. I based my purchase off a Pavel recommendation so hopefully all works out. 

Should go well.But no room for a bottoms up press:( Another reason that I'm thankful for being hobbit sized, I really don't have to worry about ceiling clearance. 

Will you just use the grip trainer at the end of your workout or in the evening. I actually have some grip strength trainers  that I supposedly use GTG style, but I forget about them.

Edit to add; The olympic are going to be on soon. I should use my grip trainers while I watch them,:)

• Like 1

Wisdom 21   Dexterity 13   Charisma 14   Strength 20  Constitution-13

Elastigirl Endeavors, Experiments, , and Explains - Current Challenge: May 9 to June 12 - Nerd Fitness Rebellion

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song, above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world" J.R.R.Tolkien

On 8/5/2016 at 8:07 PM, Elastigirl said:

Should go well.But no room for a bottoms up press:( Another reason that I'm thankful for being hobbit sized, I really don't have to worry about ceiling clearance. 

Will you just use the grip trainer at the end of your workout or in the evening. I actually have some grip strength trainers  that I supposedly use GTG style, but I forget about them.

Edit to add; The olympic are going to be on soon. I should use my grip trainers while I watch them,:)

I will be using them GTG style. Just got them yesterday, and everytime I walk past them I do 5 per hand. It is now with my backpack so I will have it at work tomorrow, so between classes I will do 5 per hand. Bought the starter one, it is easy but will stick with it for a month and then buy the next one up. I plan on keeping that strategy until I get one that give me trouble. 

• Like 1