Misery Hiatus Must End

I had a miscarriage in December. I basically immediately stopped functioning like a stable adult. I stopped working out altogether, my nutrition went down the drain, gained thirty pounds, went up a pants size, started smoking again after having been quit for three years, and I also started feeling really bad about myself. It is time to respawn.

I'm starting with very small steps. I would really like my husband to jump on the bandwagon, so I'm trying to suggest some healthier dinners and more walks. For at least a month, I plan to walk every day - I'll track distance when I can. Cut out soda one day a week. Do some kind of strength workout (really minor stuff, no more than 15 minutes) every day just to try to build a habit. I need to figure out how to make changes that work, I'm basically going in circles. Most of the times I try to get healthier, I always choose the same foods, same workouts, and I don't really see a big change in me. Maybe it's partly that my dedication falters, and maybe I'm not doing something that works for me. Also, when my husband falls off the bandwagon, I usually tend to jump off right after him, but now I am going to be more stubborn about staying on track. I will be making healthy foods I like (stir-fry, fajitas) instead of just eating whatever he cooks.  Time to start a daily battle log. 

• Like 1

Currently Walking / Biking / Hiking to Mordor 

On my way to Rivendell: 208.14 / 458 miles 

"I learned this, at least, by my experiment: that if one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors to live the life which he has imagined, he will meet with a success unexpected in common hours." Henry David Thoreau, Walden

The Awesome Runner's Awesome Running Blog

19 hours ago, Elastigirl said:

Sorry about your loss. 

Looks like a  good solid plan to get back on track.

Thanks - I'm going to try to stick to it and hopefully prevent another respawn for a long time!

"I learned this, at least, by my experiment: that if one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors to live the life which he has imagined, he will meet with a success unexpected in common hours." Henry David Thoreau, Walden

Welcome back, sorry for your loss. I think setting straight-forward goals is awesome, this is what I saw:

• I plan to walk every day - I'll track distance when I can.
  • Cut out soda one day a week.
  • Do some kind of strength workout.
  • Making healthier meals

I'd love to hear more! I'm just getting started again myself. My thoughts:

Let us know how you are getting on :)

Fio

• Like 1

My Starting Point Thread

Thanks Fio! I started a daily battle log. Daily reflection on my progress really helps me stick to the program and stay accountable. I have used several different apps but I haven't found one that clicked with me (I loved Zombies, Run! but then I had to switch phones and they wouldn't honor the previous purchase, and I dislike their subscription model now.) I've been tracking distance with... Pokemon Go! I'm not sure how accurate it is, but my goal is to hatch an egg each time!

I'm planning to cut out soda on Wednesdays. No specific reason really, but it's easier for me to avoid soda when I'm at work, and I can call it Water Wednesday. =) Ooh, but what about No Soda Sunday? Sundays would certainly be a challenge. Hmm, maybe when I'm ready to amp up to two days a week....

I was a runner before I and I didn't really do any consistent strength workouts, I was very scatterbrained about the whole thing. I'm a member of the Nerd Fitness Academy and I'm signed up for NF yoga, so I certainly have a lot of options! I'll be starting with bodyweight workouts since I can pretty much do them anywhere.

YUMMM Fajitas! Yep, that's going on the shopping list.