Long story short, I'm going to let y'all decide my comfort zone breakers.

What do you think would be just crazy for me to do?

Keep in mind, I'm basically a normal fat guy. See my character description (in my signature) for a fuller description.

Go nuts with your suggestions, and I'll add them to the list as I see them.

It's even better if it's an invite to join you, or if you're inviting yourself to join me (and forcing me to do it).

Quests:

[Item to do] (User who suggested) [O means To Do, X means done]

Go to Camp Nerd Fitness (neomattlac) [X]

I did it and it was awesome. I regret not opening myself up to others more often, except twice when I just happened to slip.

Sign up for a class of something you're interested in; dance, parkour, or martial arts. (Elastigirl) [O]

You and me: saying five positive things about ourselves per day. These can be five things we're proud of accomplishing or things we like about ourselves. It's not quite a quest, more like a daily goal.  (StarRuby) [O]

Also, for a quest: go spelunking. Get the little head lamps and some clothes and crawl around in a cave! It's like nature with a little danger and adventure. (StarRuby) [O]

Practice Salsa from YouTube videos. Practice for 30 minutes (minimum) a day for 1 week. (Evicious) [O]

Go work out, outdoors, shirtless.  (Wear sunblock please.) 3 times per month, until the monthly mean daytime temp drops below 65 degrees.  (When winter comes, you're off the hook.)  (RainCloak) [O]

Talk to a stranger once every day for a week. This can just be the cashier at the grocery store or a colleague at work you usually don't talk to. (Akura) [O]

Attend a community event weekly.  You don't have to agree with them or contribute.  Just show up and see what's happening.  From presidential debates to high school sports to "save the Main Street oak tree". (Mike_d85) [O]

Give up alcohol for a month (or 4 weeks challange). (NemoG)  [X] (Oct/Nov 2016) Wasn't really a change. I rarely drink, plus I'm trying to lose weight, so it's less of an issue.

• Like 1

Hi, welcome!  

Here's an idea for a quest: Sign up for a class of something you're interested in; dance, parkour, or martial arts

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

Hey there!

You and me: saying five positive things about ourselves per day. These can be five things we're proud of accomplishing or things we like about ourselves. It's not quite a quest, more like a daily goal. 

Also, for a quest: go spelunking. Get the little head lamps and some clothes and crawl around in a cave! It's like nature with a little danger and adventure. 

-S t a r . R u b y -

"I AM AN ETERNAL FLAME, BABY!"

heatherallyse

str: 1, dex: 1, sta: 1, con: 3.5, wis: 3.0, cha: 1.5

Challenge Chapter I : Exit, Blerch : Chapter II : Enter, Self : Chapter III : Phoenix Ascendant 

Challenge Zombie Arc: 2016 - Infected : Infected, Part II : Typhoid Ruby (Infected, pt II continued)

Hey, look! It's the completely awesome Battle Log I keep neglecting!

1 minute ago, neomattlac said:

I'll do this tomorrow, when the internet is better. Thanks! Also, I love your username, since I've always seen a little Mr . Incredible in myself.

Excited to hear about the class you find.

the-incredibles-mr-incredible.jpg

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

9 hours ago, StarRuby said:

Hey there!

You and me: saying five positive things about ourselves per day. These can be five things we're proud of accomplishing or things we like about ourselves. It's not quite a quest, more like a daily goal. 

Also, for a quest: go spelunking. Get the little head lamps and some clothes and crawl around in a cave! It's like nature with a little danger and adventure. 

A lot of the quests in the academy are like this, and set for x days a week for a week, every day for a week, or every day for a month. Can you set a limit on it?

As for spelunking, hmm. I think there's some caves about an hour from here, so I'll check it out. Crawling around will be difficult, but not impossible.

15 minutes ago, neomattlac said:

Well, it's not going to be ballroom through the place I was before. I couldn't advance part the first stage because the second stage classes kept getting cancelled.

that's a bummer. Did they not have enough people sign up?

24 minutes ago, neomattlac said:

Correct. I signed up three times for the second level and never got to it.

Yeah, at that point you kind of figure it just ain't happening.

1 hour ago, Evicious said:

I like this thread! :D My suggestion is to practice salsa using Youtube videos. I found this one for you, but obviously you can pick whatever works best for you.

Like I told StarRuby with the affirmations, I need a specific time limit and/or quantity. Like, an hour a day for four weeks, or an hour a day for a month leading up to an amateur competition. Something like that.

4 hours ago, neomattlac said:

Like I told StarRuby with the affirmations, I need a specific time limit and/or quantity. Like, an hour a day for four weeks, or an hour a day for a month leading up to an amateur competition. Something like that.

Oops! I forgot to add that, sorry. :P Practice for 30 minutes (minimum) a day for 1 week.

Evicious, Khajjit Ranger STR 7 | DEX 13 | STA 3 | CON 6 | WIS 16 | CHA 4

Current 4WC: Evicious: The Unburdening II + Blitz Week!

Fitocracy! I Play To Win!

Keep up the momentum!

On 8/12/2016 at 8:21 PM, neomattlac said:

Singular or repeatedly? 

Oh, let's say 3 times per month, until the monthly mean daytime temp drops below 65 degrees.  (When winter comes, you're off the hook.)

Every saint has a past, and every sinner has a future.

Hylian Assassin 5'5", 143 lbs.
Half-marathon: 3:02
It is pitch dark. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.