Active minutes:  201 minutes

Steps:  16559 - 13.00 Km

Water:  12 glasses
Coffee:  2 mugs
Alcohol:  None

Post Workout: 
Breakfast: Quest bar, GNC Total Lean Shake
Snack:  skipped
Lunch:  Grilled Chicken sanwich w/ lettuce & tomato, grean beans with ham, macaroni & cheese
Snack:  Kozy Shack no sugar added rice pudding
Dinner: Cube steak, parmesan garlic roasted potatoes, steamed carrots

Meditation:  planning a 12 min guided before bed.

Workout:

Tai Chi:  Short half of form
Yoga:  30 min
Staff Flows: 5 minutes

Progress Towards Challenge Goals:

Diet - /105 (15 points for today)
Hydration - 45/105
Workout - 40/100
Meditation - /105

Druid Mini Gratitude Statements - 45/105

Race:  Dragonborn     Class:  Druid/Monk

The Journey to Force Mastery: #1 #2  #3 #4 #5 __

The Legend     The Struggle    My MFP Profile    My Strava Profile

Log for 14 Sep 2016

Sleep:  4 hours 26 minutes @ 94% efficiency - 4 hr 10 min actual sleep time - Again, I laid down to sleep between 22:30 and 23:00 but was so restless that my sleep tracker didn't even credit anything until 01:35.  This ended up causing me to oversleep and miss my Wednesday workout. :-(

Active minutes:  120 minutes

Steps:  11737 - 9.23 Km

Water:  8 glasses
Coffee:  3 mugs (I needed the extra caffeine)
Alcohol:

Post Workout:  Skipped
Breakfast:  GNC Total lean shake, quest bar
Snack:  1oz Cashews
Lunch: leftover Chicken Teriyaki stir fry with broccoli and carrots.
Snack:  Snickers Rockin' Nut Bar (I needed something to perk me up at that point, now the dang thing is driving my gut crazy)
Dinner: 

Meditation:  missed

Workout:  Missed :-(

Diet - 45/100 (I'm taking Risen_Phoenix's suggestion on bonus points for successfully navigating a friend taking me out for Taco Hell, Bagel day @ work, and a company cookout.)
Hydration - 60/100
Workout - 40/100
Meditation - 0/100
Gratitude Statements - 60/100

Log for 15 Sep 2016

Sleep:  3 hr 25 min @ 90% efficiency - 3 hr 6 min actual sleep time - So we intentionally stayed up a bit late to catch the Season 6 premier of American Horror Story.  This only backed up my bedtime from 22:30 to 23:30.  Since I was extremely restless the night before, I took 10mg of my wife's melatonin to try and ensure I got some rest.  Unfortunately, that didn't work, I got very little sleep, and I missed my window for working out.  I might try and look up some office yoga to do while I'm at work.

For reference this is my morning schedule:

04:30 - 05:00 Snooze button, bathroom, make coffee, try to become coherent.
05:00 - 06:00 workout hour
06:00 - 06:30 S***, shave (I use a straight razor), shower, & get mostly dressed
06:30 - 06:45 Go through the process of waking up SWMBO, who will awaken in full she-demon mode.  (I've gotten punched many times over the years doing this), get shoes on, and deal with the kids.
06:45 - Teenager leaves for school
06:45 - 07:00 pound coffee, brush teeth, take my medications, try to have a conversation with SWMBO (hopefully now out of she-demon mode) about what needs to be accomplished for the day.
07:00 - 07:15 litterbox, pack for work, gather trash to be taken out.
07:15 - take out trash & out the door to work.

Somewhere around the six o'clock mark is usually an argument with SquirrelKing about who gets to use the bathroom at that time, unless he has an early delivery he has to make.

App 08:05 - catch the bus to work (I takes app 35 minutes to walk from my apartment to tge bus stop without allowing for traffic - I leave when I do to make that allowance).

8:20 - 8:40 ish arrive at work, grab my second cup of coffee, eat whatever I was able to buy or pack for breakfast, develop a plan fir ny workday, try to work in some meditation.

09:00 - Work starts, and I proceed with trying to convince used car dealers they would get more business if they didn't try to rip people of, and try to explain data integrity to said car dealers who don't even know how to use a computer.

Active minutes:  107 minutes

Steps:  9372 - 7.07 Km (I probably did more than this but I forgot to charge the smart watch)

Water:  7 glasses
Coffee:  4 mugs (Daily maximum)
Alcohol:  2 16oz Beck's

Post Workout: 
Breakfast: Panera Bread egg white, avocado, & spinach breakfast sandwich.
Snack:  beef jerky and a pouch of mixed nuts
Lunch:  Turkey and cheese on a 6" whole wheat roll w/ lettuce and tomato
Snack: 
Dinner: Beef Stroganoff with peas & carrots.

Meditation:  snuck in 5 minutes at my desk during work while waiting for a SQL process to run.  I was also able to sneak about 7 minutes of desk yoga and about 5 minutes of chair taiji.

Workout:  MISSED :-(

Diet - 60/105
Hydration - 75/105
Workout - 20/100
Meditation - 15/105

Druid Mini Gratitude Statements - 75/105

As for the rest of my day:

I do get a hour lunch break, but I tend to have to work through it on a regular basis.  At 18:00 ish I leave work.  The time I get home varies quite a bit depending on if I'm walking, taking the bus, or have managed a ride home from work.  Regardless, once I'm home all my attention is supposed to be directed towards SWMBO and the kids.

Anyway, despite the beef jerky - I avoided afternoon and evening snacks.  I did run the the grocery on my lunch break and got a bunch of freggie snack packs for the next week. 

It was a complete **** day at work so I had it in my head to grab something stronger than beer and forget I have a day job, but SquirrelKing had a couple of brews in the fridge and that took the wind out of my sails, which was probably a good thing.

Log for 16 Sep 2016

Sleep:  6 hours 18 minutes @ 92% efficiency - 5 hr 49 min actual sleep time - YAY! Sleep. :-)

Active minutes:  192 minutes

Steps:  16088 - 12.76 Km

Coffee:  3 mugs
Alcohol: - got ripped on a 375ml bottle of black rum, and a couple of beers.

Post Workout:  Skipped
Breakfast:  Homebrew Protein Shake #2 (Protein powder, 3tsp of fiber supplement, 1 cup Greek yogurt, water), Quest bar.
Snack:  a Pro^2 Snax package w/ sliced apples, cashews, dried cranberries, and cheese.
Lunch: leftover ground beef & bowtie pasta
Snack:  fresh fruit & cheese bites (apple slices, grapes, and cheese)
Dinner:  big burrito with meat, rice, and vegetables.

Meditation:  5 minutes - seated, formal

Workout:  I was dragging a bit much this morning to get to my planned workout so I did a 20 minute core strengthening yoga routine instead.

Diet - 75/90 = 83%
Hydration - 90/90 = 100%
Workout - 50/100 = 50% (I gave myself half points for still working in some yoga.)
Meditation - 30/90 = 33%

Druid Mini Gratitude Statements - 90/90 = 100%

Log for 18 Sep 2016

Sleep:  7 hr 43 min @ 95% efficiency - 7 hr 21 min actual sleep time

Active minutes:  59 minutes

Steps:  5656 - 4.61Km

Water: 10 glasses
Alcohol: none

Breakfast:  wild blueberry pop-tarts
Snack:  .5L Goslings ginger beer
Lunch:  Veggie Tray w/ apples snap peas & carrots, caesar dressing for dip.
Snack:  Great Value mountain trail mix, apple slices, almonds.
Dinner: 3 slices of pizza: 1 pepperoni, 2 bbq chicken bacon pineapple.

Meditation: missed

Challenge goals:  Sunday, not scored

F**king H***!!!!!!!! I need a ******* drink.  So I work in IT, technically I'm a version of a data analyst that handles ETL (extraction, transformation, and loading) jobs.  In short I make sure inventory comes into our dealerships' websites properly and then gets resent to places like AutoTrader and Cars.com properly.  Well, all last week my entire file import system was hosed because of problems that the company we subcontract for vin decoding, has been having.

When I come in this morning not only is there still a problem, but it's gotten even worse!  So now I have even more pissed off people calling me expect me to fix something that's outside of my control.  Plus my normal work (I use NF when I'm waiting for processes to finish).

Also, a note on the change in display name. Since I passed my first 4 week challenge I have attained the rank of "Padawan" and earned my Jedi/Sith name.

Sent from the dragon's lair

Log for 19 Sep 2016

Sleep:  5 hr 23 min @ 95% efficiency - 5 hr 8 min actual sleep

Active minutes:  165

Steps:  11686 - 9.23 Km

Water:  9 glasses
Coffee:  4 mugs
Alcohol: 2 16oz Beck's

Breakfast:  Homebrew Protein Shake #1, "Wake up shake" (Soy protein, 1 tbsp fiber supplement, 4 oz 2% milk, 10 oz coffee), blueberries, Cliff builders bar
Snack:  apples slices, grapes, and some cheese
Stress eat #1: small piece of yellow cake. (Seriously we're talking a 1"x1" size piece of sheet cake)
Lunch:  leftover chicken & rice with vegetables
Snack:  baby carrots and snap peas w/ ranch dip
Dinner:  a lemon parmesan chicken, zucchini, and pasta throw together.

Meditation:  5 minutes - seated, formal

Workout: 

Taiji CMC/ZMQ 37 posture form: Short half @ 3:00 minutes

Strength Circuit Training w/ 5 lb clubs (did it forgot to count reps)

1st circuit:
    Indian Club Prisoner Squats - 1:00 minute
    Pushups - 1:00 minute
    Club Weighted Sit-ups - 1:00 minute
    Indian Club Lunges  (forward) - 1:00 minute
    Elbow Plank - 1:00 minute

2nd circuit: 
    Indian Club Squats - 45 seconds
    Pushups - 45 seconds
    Club Weighted Sit-ups - 45 seconds
    Indian Club Lunges - 45 seconds
    Plank - 45 seconds

3rd circuit: 
    Indian Club Squats - 30 secondd
    Pushups - 30 seconds
    Club Weighted Sit-ups - 30 seconds
    Indian Club Lunges - 30 seconds
    Plank - 30 seconds

Indian clubs 5lb Iron:  skipped

Yoga:  10 minutes

Did 15 min of seated office yoga during my lunch break.

Darebee daily dare:  60 sec back arch balance hold - completed.

Anyway, it was a stressful crap day at work hence the beers.  Apparently, SWMBO is starting to catch the fitness bug.  She renewed her subscription to a belly dance workout site she likes, and started trying to get some planned workouts accomplished today.  Still trying to convince SquirrelKing that things like yoga would be good for his bad back, but that's going to take a lot more effort.

Ok, so I was playing around on my S-Health app on my phone.  Going back through my weekly summaries it looks like for the past 5 weeks (since I started tracking again) I average about 2425 calories that I burn a day.  So in order for me to lose at a decent rate I should start limiting my caloric intake to around 1925 - 1950 per day on average. Currently I seem to be averaging around 2544 calories I'm ingesting.  

So, I reset the calorie goal on my S-Health tracker to the 1950 cal level.  I'll see how that works.

Log for 20 Sep 2016

Sleep:  5 hr 31 min @ 93% efficiency - 5hr 8 min actual sleep time.

Active minutes:  168 minutes

Steps:  13253 - 10.34 Km

Water:  6 glasses (apparently I didn't need much water today, judging by the number of trips to the men's room)

Soda: 1 500mL bottle Dr. Pepper

a94da48a2cae3a7d61917b84cca9ea97.gif

Breakfast: Homebrew Protein Shake #3 (1 serving plain Greek yogurt, Soy Protein, 1 tbls fiber supplement, 8 oz 2% milk, 1 tbls Nutella), Cliff Builder's Bar

Snack:  pro2snax baby carrots & sriracha jack

Lunch:  Fresh Selections veggie tray: carrots, snap peas, broccoli, and ranch dip.

Snack:  jack link's beef jerky 1 oz (I was feeling a bit peckish and didn't have anything packed)

Dinner:  Homemade Salisbury steak, mashed potatoes from scratch made with baby red potatoes, and green beans.

7975440f9bf695e1a98ea42193b73d6b.jpg

Meditation:  5 minutes seated, formal

11c538f8b866ec48b2f9af4174f17530.gif

Workout: 

-- Yoga:  30 minutes

-- Taijiquan:  Short Half of form plus " Embrace Tiger and Return to Mountain"

7aa1f2b90923a32b1965cdd61fc94771.gif

Extras:

-- Walked all the way to work (8.5 Km)

-- Darebee daily dare

cf0be18736a87eaf20c0c28c384bfa62.gif

Ok, so last night was really rough for me.  SWMBO and PostEmoGirl are in love with a show called "Scream Queens" on Fox.  (Yes, Jamie Lee Curtis plays in it :))  So last night is the premier episode, no big deal, the show is on from 21:00-22:00 and bedtime for me is 22:30-23:00.

Now SquirrelKing had a late run up to Cincinnati and wasn't going to be home until around 22:00.  He actually came in right about that time, when he comes in, of course he's going to want to shower and eat dinner and talk to SWMBO for a bit.  So I get up, and state I'm going to go lay down in the other room, as I'm really ****ing tired and stressed out (work thing).  She responds with "No need we're going to all go to bed soon."  Ok fine, it was early enough at that point I could hang for a bit and still not loose too much sleep. I lay back down on the couch, toss a pillow over my eyes, and try to ignore everything and every one.  This goes fine until SWMBO's phone rings, it's her brother who is three hours behind us in the Pacific time zone (KY is the western edge of the Eastern time zone).  So it's only around 19:30 - 20:00 where LongLostBro is.  Now, SWMBO and LongLostBro only recently got talking again after just over 25 years of not speaking to each other once "She Who Must Not Be Named" (SWMNBN) left LongLostBro's household. (To Be Continued)

Continuing on

Since, SWMBO and LongLostBro have such the touchy relationship I really don't want to say anything but as it creeps closer to midnight all I can think is "Great PMSing Goddess on a stick I need some ****ing sleep."  Finally, at 15 till midnight SWMBO and LongLostBro hang up with each other.  At this point my sleep dep second wind has kicked in and my body is telling me "I NEED SUGAR!!!"  So I get up get a glass of water and a pack of the kids' fruit treats (can't they just call these things fruit flavored gummy candy?  That's what they actually are) down those and try to finally get some @@###@@@###%&&&&&##$$!!!!!! sleep.  

Needless to say I therefore overslept this morning and completely missed my workout.

Now SWMBO was quite apologetic about the whole situation but still today I'm seriously dragging ass at work goofing off on NF basically because I really don't want to deal with work's crap right now.

Speaking of work, have I mentioned I HAVE A BULLSHIT JOB!  Now, if SquirrelKing misses work, food does not get to grocery stores for people to be able to buy and eat.  If I don't come into work some scumbag, lying, thieving, egotistical, vain, arrogant, jack ass of a used car dealer with a five car gypsy lot may not get his piece of ****, overpriced, rustbucket, junkers that NO ONE in their right mind would consider buying except in pure desperation listed online as fast as said jack ass car dealer would like.  Not to mention I can't tell these assholes what I think, or that they cause 99.99999999% of their own problems because they're constanly trying to game the fucking system to try and get an advantage on the equally dishonest competition.  These slimy, crooked, jizz goblins want to lodge formal complaints about me and my department when we tell them they would sell more cars by just being honest and not trying to screw over their goddamn customers.  The fact I'm a near total introvert working in a call center environment is the least stressful part of all this.  Today, I'm feeling every last microgram of that stress. 

Log for 21 Sep 2016

Sleep:  5 hr 24 min @ 95% efficiency - 5 hr 8 min actual sleep

Active minutes:  134 minutes

Steps:  12844 - 10.14 Km

Water:  6 glasses
Alcohol: 25 oz Beer single

Breakfast:  Homebrew Protein Shake #1, "Wake up shake" (Soy protein, 1 tbsp fiber supplement, 4 oz greek yogurt - plain, 10 oz coffee), Cliff builders bar
Snack:  Jack Link's beef jerky 1 oz
Lunch:  pro2snax apple slices, cheddar bites, w/ cashews & dried cranberries + veggie tray w/ almonds, cheese, carrots, broccoli, abd ranch dip.
Snack:  cheese danish
Dinner:  Parmesan Garlic chicken, pasta and asparagus with homemade alfredo sauce.
late snack: 2 nutri-grain bars.

Meditation:  Missed

Workout:  Missed

Log for 21 Sep 2016

Sleep:  5 hr 24 min @ 95% efficiency - 5 hr 8 min actual sleep

Active minutes:  134 minutes

Steps:  12844 - 10.14 Km

Alcohol: 25 oz Beer single

Breakfast:  Homebrew Protein Shake #1, "Wake up shake" (Soy protein, 1 tbsp fiber supplement, 4 oz greek yogurt - plain, 10 oz coffee), Cliff builders bar

Snack:  Jack Link's beef jerky 1 oz

Lunch:  pro2snax apple slices, cheddar bites, w/ cashews & dried cranberries + veggie tray w/ almonds, cheese, carrots, broccoli, abd ranch dip.

Snack:  cheese danish

Dinner:  Parmesan Garlic chicken, pasta and asparagus with homemade alfredo sauce.

late snack: 2 nutri-grain bars.

Meditation:  Missed

Workout:  Missed

Just wanted to say I'm impressed about how neat and organized your log is.

I'm jealous[emoji12]

Sent from my w5 using Tapatalk

Log for 22 Sep 2016

Sleep:  4 hr 55 min @ 93% efficiency - 4 hr 37 min actual sleep time.

Active minutes:  132 minutes

Steps:  9687 - 7.66 Km

Water:  glasses
Soda: 1 500mL bottle Dr. Pepper, 1 12oz can Dr. Pepper

Breakfast: snack tray w/ apple slices, carrots, cheese, & almonds (these are my least favorite nut but they get put into everything) & 1L coconut water w/ pineapple (counts towards hydration)
Snack:  Skipped
Lunch:  leftoven lemony parmesan chicken & pasta with zucchini
Snack:  Cliff Builder's Bar
Dinner:  thin beef steak, long grain & wild rice, steamed yellow squash & zucchin, small 2 bar pack of fig newtons.

Meditation:  5 minutes at lunch

Workout: 
-- Yoga:  25minutes
-- Taijiquan:  Added "fist under elbow"

Log for 23 Sep 2016

Sleep:  6 hr 59 min @ 93% efficiency - 6 hr 32 min actual sleep

Active minutes:  243 minutes

Steps:  20766 - 16.0 Km

Alcohol: 3 Henry's Hard Cherry Colas

Breakfast:  Homebrew Protein Shake #1, "Wake up shake" (Soy protein, 1 tbsp fiber supplement, 4 oz greek yogurt - plain, 10 oz coffee), Cliff builders bar, banana

Snack:  fruit tray w/ apple slices, grapes, & carrots

Lunch:  veggie tray w/ carrots, celery, tomatoes, pretzels & ranch dip.

Snack:  snickers

Dinner:  2 slices Bologna, leftover penne rigate with asparagus with homemade alfredo sauce

Meditation:  5 min seated

Workout:  Missed

Extras:

18 minutes office yoga to destress

Log for 24 Sep 2016

04f3681be03103c27f63ac2f81f7f15f.jpg Sleep:  7 hr 46 min @ 96% efficiency - 7 hr 29 min actual sleep time

Active minutes:  91 minutes

Steps:  8502 - 6.91Km

Water: 0 glasses

Alcohol:  "I would like to exercise my 5th amendment privlege."

Breakfast:  2 Nature valley soft baked oatmeal squares.

Lunch:  Ham & cheese wrap with lettuce & tomato, light touch of caesar dressing.

Snack:  apple slices & grapes with cheese and pretzels.

Dinner: Chicken with smoked sausage, sauteed onions, garlic, bell pepper & lots of Italian style spices over rice.

Meditation: 5 minutes walking meditation.

Challenge goals:  Saturday, not scored

Well, this morning in the clarity of a pounding head, extreme fatigue, and slightly upset stomach I realize letting SquirrelKing talk me into abandoning one of my challenge goals was not beneficial.  There was a twelve pack of Modelo brought in (one was sacrificed for cooking, one was given to a neighbor that dropped by) that got split between SquirrelKing and myself.  This was followed by a shot of banana rum cream and then a twelve pack of Falls City Kentucky common that SquirrelKing and I split.  SWMBO was also drinking a bit heavily yesterday as we all stayed up watching a Bollywood action movie (Dhoom 2 to be specific). @Terah you might have to subtract some points from the week's total for yesterday.

f399a95d7ac30041a84d2e3e3094bfe6.jpg

Log for 25 Sep 2016

Sleep:  6 hr 35 min

Active minutes:  95 minutes

Steps:  9930 - 8.36 Km

Water: 9 glasses

Breakfast:  Skipped
Lunch:  veggie tray w/ carrots, celery, cheese bites, & ranch dip.  Roast beef & provolone on whole wheat
Snack:  cream cheese & chive sandwich crackers
Dinner: Pressed Cuban sandwich, chips, pickle

Meditation: missed

Challenge goals:  Sunday, not scored

Log for 27 Sep 2016

Sleep:  7 hr 12 min @ 93% efficiency - 6 hr 44 min actual sleep time.

Active minutes:  135 minutes

Steps:  10956 - 8.54 Km

Alcohol:  3 12oz pale ales

Soda:

Breakfast: 2 gas station breakfast burritos

Snack:  milky way midnight dark bar

Lunch:  Veggie tray carrots, celery, tomatoes, & pretzels w/ ranch dip.

Snack:  85 g of baby carrots

Dinner:  chicken and radiatore pasta with broccoli and cheese, lance peanut bar.

Workout: 

-- Yoga:  17 min "Office Yoga to Keep Fit" + 10 minutes "Office Yoga to Destress"

-- Taijiquan:  2 rounds, no new movement added as my flow into the most recently added posture needs work.

So I woke up late and missed my chance to do yoga at home.  I made sure to slip in some office yoga before work started.  As far as sleep goes, I can feel fine on five hours of sleep but even though I got more sleep I actually feel more tired. 

Of course, in my case tired leads to extra hungry and craving sugar and carbs. I tried to behave as much as I could manage. Anyway, I have some Jedi/Sith/Force themed challenge ideas for the future provided I can make it through the current one.

Log for 29 Sep 2016

Sleep:  6 hr 10 min @ % efficiency - 5 hr 43 min actual sleep time. (Sleep got broken up with SquirrelKing getting in quite late)

Active minutes:  181 minutes

Steps:  17051 - 13.02 Km

Coffee:  4.mugs
Alcohol:  2 rum collins and a double rum rocks (alcohol equivalent of 4 beers)
Soda: None

Breakfast: breakfast burrito & muscle milk smoothie
Snack:  milky way midnight dark bar
Lunch:  Ready Snax carrots, grapes & cheese with pretzels
Snack:  94 gram pack of oreos, and a pack of mini donuts.
Dinner:  Chicken broccoli alfredo pasta.

Workout: 
-- Yoga: 
-- Taijiquan: 

Ok, I had wanted to do some office yoga on my lunchbreak but instead I had to run around like the proverbial chicken with its head cutoff looking for a tire and tube for SquirrelKing's bicycle because he had a blow out in the way into work this morning.  Of course he had to pick out his bicycle based on color, and not get the one I recommended (I used to cycle app 150 miles a week and was pro/am at mountain bike racing during my early adulthood) so his takes non-standard parts.  :(

Work has had me stressed out beyond belief all day.  Resulting in the devouring of junk (milky way bar and a pack of Oreos and a package of mini donuts).  I really need to get that under control.  At least with how lunch went down I have my steps for the day in.

Log for 30 Sep 2016

Sleep:  4 hr 37 min @ 96% efficiency - 4 hr 17 min actual sleep

Active minutes:  133 minutes

Steps:  12132 - 9.50 Km

Alcohol: 2 rum collins + 5 beers (done for the week)

Breakfast:  Homebrew protein shake #1 - Wake up shake, 10 oz fruit salad
Snack:  Veggie tray with ranch dip
Lunch:   Leftover Mexican Goulash
Snack:  fruit tray w/ apples, grapes, and carrots - Snickers crisper
Dinner:  Breakfast Casserole (eggs, smoked sausage, bacon, potatoes, & cheese)

Meditation:  20 minutes of reflective writing.

Workout:  Jedi Academy Online / JediLiving.com tier one intro work out.

"Physical Fitness - Start with some light stretching (touch the toes, reaching for the sky, etc.). A little knee high marching in place. Now - Do 25 jumping jacks, 15 push-ups (knee push-ups allowed), 25 crunches (or sit-ups), and 15 squats."

It wasn't bad in a quick let's get the blood moving sort of way, but I think I'll stick to my Lazy Swordsman work out.  I meant to try and slip in some office yoga but work was actually pretty busy.