Daily Dares PVP - August 14 to September 17

Glad you added yourself Angie_Phoenix!

I fell off my paddleboard yesterday and hurt my back. Hoping it will be ok in a couple days, but I need a break from DD...especially the core-intensive ones. DIdn't do yesterday's and can't do today's. I'm pretty confident that I could normally do these...but there's only one way to prove it. I'm going to save them up and do them when I'm feeling better. Won't count for the PvP of course, but I'll count it for "Xena points". As long as I'm at it, I guess I could make another run at the EC on the 3 min arm swings and the 30 squat jumps.

• Like 1

Xena, Level 14+ Valkyrie Ranger

January 2017  December 2016

Oct/Nov 2016

body stuff that adds extra challenge to the challenge is always hard, good for you on saving them up.  I'll run into some that stress my knees that I'll have to modify dramatically (to the point where I won't be able to say I did them).

I did today's with extra credit which was also an extra challenge because my puppy thought I was on the floor to play with her and hopped over and around me as I did them.

• Like 2
11 hours ago, Xena said:

Glad you added yourself Angie_Phoenix!

I fell off my paddleboard yesterday and hurt my back. Hoping it will be ok in a couple days, but I need a break from DD...especially the core-intensive ones. DIdn't do yesterday's and can't do today's. I'm pretty confident that I could normally do these...but there's only one way to prove it. I'm going to save them up and do them when I'm feeling better. Won't count for the PvP of course, but I'll count it for "Xena points". As long as I'm at it, I guess I could make another run at the EC on the 3 min arm swings and the 30 squat jumps.

Ouch! I hope your back gets better fast. Saving them up is a really great idea.

5 minutes ago, Angie_Phoenix said:

I did today's with extra credit which was also an extra challenge because my puppy thought I was on the floor to play with her and hopped over and around me as I did them.

My cats will do this all the time when I'm doing planks. Here I am trying not collapse on the floor, and there's a cat rubbing all up against my face. One time the boy cat even jumped on my back!

Did today's with EC.

• Like 2

Current Challenge: Zeroh, stick to the routine!

I hAte squats and lunges.  I do them, but I hate them.  

But I did the lunges, with EC.

• Like 2

Current Big Fat Hairy Goals:  Hip to Waist Ratio down to 88%.  Capable of 50 pushups, 100 situps, 20 pull-ups in one massive superset.  Able to do a bodyweight bench press.  Run 10K 1/week for 1 month.  Earn 2nd Degree Black Belt.

Why?  Because I want to model the kind of health and strength that I want my girls to have when they grow up.

Introduction / Battle Log / Current Challenge

Previous Challenges:  1

yesterday's and today's both involve parts of my body I have issues with. I have bad knees so squats and lunges are something I seldom do. I have to be in both a mental and physical place where I can keep my form perfect.  I'm recovering from a shoulder injury and while I usually can do push ups, for now they are out.  I'm away Friday-Sunday and will be very physically active but be limited in both internet and general discretionary time. i'll aim to be back Monday.

Push-ups done with EC.  Heading on a vacation tomorrow, so I may be out of communication for a couple of days... We'll see.

• Like 1

Current Big Fat Hairy Goals:  Hip to Waist Ratio down to 88%.  Capable of 50 pushups, 100 situps, 20 pull-ups in one massive superset.  Able to do a bodyweight bench press.  Run 10K 1/week for 1 month.  Earn 2nd Degree Black Belt.

Why?  Because I want to model the kind of health and strength that I want my girls to have when they grow up.

12 hours ago, Angie_Phoenix said:

yesterday's and today's both involve parts of my body I have issues with. I have bad knees so squats and lunges are something I seldom do. I have to be in both a mental and physical place where I can keep my form perfect.  I'm recovering from a shoulder injury and while I usually can do push ups, for now they are out.  I'm away Friday-Sunday and will be very physically active but be limited in both internet and general discretionary time. i'll aim to be back Monday.

We all do our best.  Just make sure you do come back!  

• Like 3

9 hours ago, tourennatrix said:

If y'all don't mind, I might add myself to this thing tomorrow for the last 2 weeks of the challenge. Seems like a cool way to add just another dash of activity to my days :) Can't say I'll do it every day, but I think 3-5 times during the week?

Go for it!

I did the clench-unclench thing today, with EC. I wasn't expecting it to be much of a work out, but I really started feeling it a minute in. 

• Like 2

Clench/unclench achieved. 

I figured it would be surprisingly easy or exactly as hard as I expected. It was exactly as hard as I expected :P No EC for me! 2 sets of 1 minute each. When I was done I felt like my forearms had grown an inch! I could probably benefit from doing the clench/unclench (even without raising them above the head) on a regular basis to give my hands more full expression :)

• Like 2

Everyone is doing so well!!!

I'm back! Did clench-unclench with no EC. Made it through the first minute ok, and then it got ugly after that.

I'm starting to work on my backlog as well. I missed 7 dares while injured, so I'm going to try two a day until I'm caught up. The make-up dares don't count on the spreadsheet (of course), but for my own goals, I'll let myself try one extra dare each day over the next week. AND after that, I'm going to give myself a second chance at the EC on three hard dares (again, just for my own goals, not on the spreadsheet). My back is still sore, so I might have to scale some things. Scaling doesn't count for points (either on the spreadsheet or my own special scoring), but I'll make some kind of effort at each dare.

So today I did the 50 Plank Knee-to-Elbows with EC. That brings my "Xena points" total to 26.

• Like 2

Oct/Nov 2016

1 hour ago, Xena said:

Congrats zeroh13 and RBN on reaching silver!!

Thanks! Welcome back! And good luck with your goals, but careful you don't do too much, too fast. Nothing sucks more than aggravating an injury or getting a second injury on top of an existing one.

• Like 1

I'm back!  Did the back plank thing, and today's front plank.  And welcome tourennatrix!

• Like 2

And started off today with 100 side kicks done with EC.  

A tip:  if you're right handed, start out on your left leg:  it should be your worse balance leg.  That way, if you lose balance, you'll have only done 0-50 instead of 50-100 before starting over.  

• Like 1

Yesterday: Elbow plank with no EC. Only made it until about 1:11

Today: Side kicks with EC...but it took me 2 full tries (so 200 kicks for me)

Make up dares:

Yesterday: had to scale the butterfly sit-ups to crunches (so no "personal points")

Today: Scorpion twists with EC. Brings my unofficial/personal score to 31

• Like 1

Oct/Nov 2016

Seagulls done with EC.  Make sure you check the video for proper form, as the image doesn't really show what you're supposed to do.

• Like 1