Daily Dares PVP - August 14 to September 17

Glute flex done with EC.  I like this one...

Current Big Fat Hairy Goals:  Hip to Waist Ratio down to 88%.  Capable of 50 pushups, 100 situps, 20 pull-ups in one massive superset.  Able to do a bodyweight bench press.  Run 10K 1/week for 1 month.  Earn 2nd Degree Black Belt.

Why?  Because I want to model the kind of health and strength that I want my girls to have when they grow up.

Introduction / Battle Log / Current Challenge

Previous Challenges:  1

1 hour ago, zeroh13 said:

Glute flexes, these felt a bit awkward for me, and I'm not 100% sure I did them right. I wasn't able to raise my butt without first lifting my legs, so I have a feeling that I didn't use the right muscles...

No, that sounds right. You're trying to get your thighs off the ground, then your hips.

Did mine with ec, discovered i have a bony pelvis x_x

• Like 1
4 hours ago, tourennatrix said:

This'll be my first missed dare, I'm afraid. Can't even do a regular strict push up and don't want to reinjure my shoulder trying :P

Don't worry, you aren't the only one skipping it for that reason. (Minus the reinjure shoulder part, though I would like to avoid injuring it in the first place.)

• Like 1

Current Challenge: Zeroh, stick to the routine!

Since my last post...(Wed) Seagulls with EC (you were right RBN...the video was clutch on that one).

Thurs: No points. Couldn't do the glute flex at all. Not sure why not. Scaled it to one leg at a time 2x10 each

Fri: 20 Dragon pushups but no EC. Wasn't 100% "chest to the deck", but think my range was legit.

Sat: Skipped the side leg raises

Today: Side splits with EC. Not very deep, but as deep as I could go.

• Like 1

Xena, Level 14+ Valkyrie Ranger

January 2017  December 2016

Oct/Nov 2016

Skipped leg raises simply because I...forgot? Road tripping all day will do that to a girl. So will getting kicked in the head. Oops?

Today I did side splits with ec. I think it strained the outer edge of my feet more than anything else XD (though yes, I was as low as I could go without causing pain). I like it when the timed ones can be done easier with singing along to a song or two :)

• Like 1

Got the dragon push ups, but this weekend I ran a tough mudder (my third).  So I missed leg raises and side splits...

My fitbit says I climbed the equivalent of 430 flights of stairs yesterday, but I did the knee highs with EC.  Phew!

• Like 2

Current Big Fat Hairy Goals:  Hip to Waist Ratio down to 88%.  Capable of 50 pushups, 100 situps, 20 pull-ups in one massive superset.  Able to do a bodyweight bench press.  Run 10K 1/week for 1 month.  Earn 2nd Degree Black Belt.

Why?  Because I want to model the kind of health and strength that I want my girls to have when they grow up.

I did the side leg raises, the side splits, and the knee highs, on their respective days, with EC.

And I was the same with the side splits, I couldn't go down very far, but I went as far as I could. And then my feet started slowly sliding, so I was a just a bit lower at the end.

• Like 1

Skipped high knees because i couldn't figure out how to squeeze that little bit of torture into my day, between already going for a run, not wanting to anger the downstairs neighbor, and crazy leg intense class in the evening. 

Today I did my 40reverse crunches in one go after i finished 3 circuits of an ab HIIT (also darebee). I'm gonna be feeling that later...

• Like 1

Reverse. Run he's done with EC.  Interesting movement...

I did the reverse crunches yesterday, Ec. I used to do these years ago when I got bored of regular crunches. Though at the time I didn't know it was an actual legitimate move. 

Did the back fists today, EC. Counting to 100 is so tedious. When it's a high number of reps, I much prefer "do as many as you can in X minutes".

• Like 1

On 9/11/2016 at 9:47 PM, tourennatrix said:

Today I did side splits with ec. I think it strained the outer edge of my feet more than anything else XD (though yes, I was as low as I could go without causing pain). I like it when the timed ones can be done easier with singing along to a song or two :)

I've developed a weird little DD habit. I like to play "Flower" by Moby. If you don't know it, it's a really repetitive song ("Bring Sally up, Bring sally down, lift and squat gotta tear the ground" that lots of people have jumped onto for various exercise challenges (mostly poses you would hold in an up or down position, like squats or pushups). Anyway the song makes me smile.

On 9/12/2016 at 4:56 PM, zeroh13 said:

I did the side leg raises, the side splits, and the knee highs, on their respective days, with EC.

And I was the same with the side splits, I couldn't go down very far, but I went as far as I could. And then my feet started slowly sliding, so I was a just a bit lower at the end.

I wore gym shoes. Don't think I could have done it otherwise because of the sliding.

M: High knees done, but no EC. That was harder than I thought it would be

T/W: Reverse crunches and back punches done with EC.

• Like 1

Xena, Level 14+ Valkyrie Ranger

January 2017  December 2016

Oct/Nov 2016

So... tomorrow is the last day.  Push push push!  

And I won't be ringmaster for the next round.  I'm doing a bit of a digital detox for a bit.  So if anyone is interested in running Round 6, just let me know.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tourennatrix said:

I've found that pretty consistently through this whole thing, everything is more or less "easy" until exactly the half way point, then it steadily starts feeling more and more like death until it's done :P

Yeah, pretty much. And once it's done, you just collapse into a heap.

I did the climber taps yesterday, no EC. And the supermans this morning, with EC.