Daily Dares PVP - August 14 to September 17

1 hour ago, Xena said:

Daily dare done, no EC. AND talked my houseguest into doing it with me.

Awesome!  One of us! One of us!

• Like 2

Current Big Fat Hairy Goals:  Hip to Waist Ratio down to 88%.  Capable of 50 pushups, 100 situps, 20 pull-ups in one massive superset.  Able to do a bodyweight bench press.  Run 10K 1/week for 1 month.  Earn 2nd Degree Black Belt.

Why?  Because I want to model the kind of health and strength that I want my girls to have when they grow up.

Introduction / Battle Log / Current Challenge

Previous Challenges:  1

Same here!

• Like 1

Current Big Fat Hairy Goals:  Hip to Waist Ratio down to 88%.  Capable of 50 pushups, 100 situps, 20 pull-ups in one massive superset.  Able to do a bodyweight bench press.  Run 10K 1/week for 1 month.  Earn 2nd Degree Black Belt.

Why?  Because I want to model the kind of health and strength that I want my girls to have when they grow up.

Extended leg swings done with EC. Houseguest is a complete convert :-)

(edit) Up-and-down planks done with EC.

Have they always had animations of the dares? I've been looking at the Daily Dare Archive page (which isn't animated). My houseguest went to the Darebee main page, and it had a crude animation of the move. Very helpful! I remember last challenge we had a similar plank dare, and I wasn't sure if you had to lift both arms at once or one at a time. This animation clearly shows one arm at a time (for today at least...who knows what they heck they intended last time).

• Like 2

Xena, Level 14+ Valkyrie Ranger

January 2017  December 2016

Oct/Nov 2016

Sometimes the graphics and instructions are better than others.  But given what they're providing for free, I don't complain...

up and down planks done with EC.

• Like 2

I missed the punches.

Allergy season started yesterday.  Two nights ago I grabbed an antihistamine and went to bed.  It was a non-drowsy.  I didn't sleep all night.

Yesterday was a fog, and really, 5 whole minutes of punches just wasn't going to happen...

Jump Squats done with EC.  You don't have to jump high, in fact, the only requirement is you squat low.  Good luck!

And congratulations to Xena and Zeroh on making Bronze!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RocketbikeNinja said:

I didn't even notice, lol.

So, who thought it was a bright idea yesterday to do all of the jumping jacks in one go before their workout? I almost didn't have enough energy for the actual workout. >_<

Did the jump squats this morning. No EC. I was too sore from doing them yesterday.

• Like 1

Current Challenge: Zeroh, stick to the routine!

4 hours ago, RocketbikeNinja said:

You too!

1 hour ago, zeroh13 said:

So, who thought it was a bright idea yesterday to do all of the jumping jacks in one go before their workout? I almost didn't have enough energy for the actual workout. >_<

Yup, that happens! I saved the jump squats till this evening so they wouldn't mess with my morning run :-)

Haven't posted for a couple days, but kept up with the DD

punches with EC (Tues)

JJacks with EC (Yesterday)

Jump squats, no EC (today). Made it to 17 before a break. Didn't have the stubbornness to give it another try.

• Like 2

Oct/Nov 2016

I don't know what I'm doing wrong, but hollow holds are just not happening. I can hold my legs up at about a 60 degree angle or higher, but when I try anything closer to the ground it really hurts my back, especially when I try to hold my arms up at the same time.

• Like 1

Hollow body holds are one if the toughest plank variations there is.  It's one of those exercises that helps establish whether or not your core is really solid or not. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, RocketbikeNinja said:

Hollow body holds are one if the toughest plank variations there is.  It's one of those exercises that helps establish whether or not your core is really solid or not. 

My core needs A LOT of work. Along with pretty much everything else, lol.

• Like 1

I agree with RBN. I've actually been working on hollow body holds for a long time. It's not what was prescribed for the challenge, but my usual set is 3x20 seconds with my hands at my sides. If it's hurting your back, you should definitely scale it down to putting your hands at your sides. You'll still get great benefit. If that's still too much, I could suggest other variations if you want.

I did the hollow body holds (with arms up, as prescribed), but no EC. Can't remember how far I made it before the break...maybe 30s?

Arm extensions today, no EC again. Made it almost halfway before stopping, but then had to stop a lot of times while finishing up.

• Like 2

Oct/Nov 2016

Arm extensions done with EC.  I get why the extended dares are important, but they are my least favourite...

2 hours ago, Angie_Phoenix said:

I'm not going to add myself on the spreadsheet because I'm starting so late in this cycle but did do today's challenge w/extra credit.

You don't have to add yourself, but it might be fun to do it. There are still 3 weeks left...you might surprise yourself how many you can do!

• Like 1

Oct/Nov 2016

13 hours ago, Angie_Phoenix said:

I'm not going to add myself on the spreadsheet because I'm starting so late in this cycle but did do today's challenge w/extra credit.

I don't think it's really all that late, we're less than halfway through. You could still go for a bronze or silver if you wanted.

edit: Did the plank knee-to-elbows, with EC.

• Like 1