You Will Never Stop Us All! We Are Leigh-gion!

Leigh

300px-Lunarfall2.jpg

As the dawn sun rose up over the trees to the north west of Lunarfall, Leigh woke to the sound of her bedroom door opening and Tjansen, the druid, tossing a stray cat on top of her "Your turn to make breakfast! Kioki wants pancakes!" Then promptly turning on her paw and slamming the door behind her. Leigh groaned and rubbed the heel of her hands into her eyes and rolled over, off the bed and right into the glass of water someone had set out for her.

worgen_druid_by_icecatdemon-d2zanyj.png

"Oh for the love of..." she sighed and got to her feet, crouching to pick up the errant glass before heading out of her room. Thunk her head jolted back as her horns slammed into the door frame... again... "That's it, I'm setting up a tent on the roof, stupid human sized doors..." she grumbled and ducked through the doorway and headed off towards the galley at the back of the inn.

draenei_paladin_det01.jpg

Breakfast: crepes, sauteed cinnamon apples, and scrambled eggs with cheese.

While finishing up the last few bites of her breakfast, a bleary eyed Kioki wanders into the inn yawning, her left eyebrow so sleep rumpled it was pointing down towards her shoulder. Pepe sitting on her head grooming her hair and cheeping like the idiot bird he is. She blinks open her glowing eyes and pouts "Where are my pancakes?"

night_elf_death_knight_by_amegani-d9eh76

"In the galley on the stove sleepyhead. Hurry up and eat, there are new dailies up for today and we need to go to the Auction House for herbs and food, or we wont have flasks or a decent feast for the raid this week." Leigh replied and tossed the last slice of apple to Squiggy and then got up to get her armor and her polearm. There were too many Horde idiots out and about trying to start fights that she wasn't going to town unarmed.

Auction House: grocery shopping, budget $80 results: $80.94 FUCK YEAH! Dinners planned for the week, snacks as well and I'm still up in the air about breakfast options. Most likely going to do hard boiled eggs, meat slices, and a fruit of some sort. I've go pineapple, apples and bananas here now.

Dailies:

• cleaning: rat cage, dishes, laundry
  • general: put clothes away, clean sheets on beds (mmmm... spring scented clean sheets and pillow cases!)
  • cooking: prep breakfast for tomorrow, make dinner, dinner dishes
  • fun stuff: painting my nails!

Later that evening while enjoying a drink with some followers at the inn, Kioki approaches her and asks her advice on what sorts of dungeons and raids she should be doing to hit level cap as well as what the best times of foods to prepare are for difficult situations. They put their heads together and start to figure out how much catching up she has to do on grinding her cooking skills as well as how lame her gear item level is and what sorts of work she needs to do to hit level 100, before tackling the rest.

My sister, whom I love dearly, stated (for the hundredth time) that she is going to start eating better, and when it gets a touch cooler outside she's going back to the gym with me and my girlfriend. I know from past experience that she usually says these things but then waffles on the whole plan and goes right back to instant pasta, chips and diet coke within a weeks time. She also has a gym membership, has had it for a few months now and has gone with me maybe four times since signing up?

I'm crossing my fingers that she will stick with it for real this time. I'm starting to meal plan in an effort to 1: save money, 2: actually eat dinner 3: actually eat breakfast 4: snack like an adult. I've tried playing up the "you'll have more energy, feel less like crap and start to lose some weight if you eat better" in the past with very little success, so I'm aiming for the "I made it a week and a half on $40 worth of food where you spent $60 and still went to the store for snacks and ordered out. I've got the money to buy that awesome dress we saw, and you've got what? Just enough for laundry?" approach this time around. I know she hates being broke and hates relying on our idiot room mate Jordan to spot her money for food so I'm thinking this will be a decent lesson in adulting like a boss and possibly get her to eat a bit better.

Wish me luck!

• Like 9

Yeah that dress, the petticoat that goes with it to make it a bit more poofy at the bottom and a cute pair of shoes are going to br my reward to myself if I can get my weight down to 190 by the end of the year. I figure 20 ish lbs in a bit over 4 months should be more than doable

Sent from my LG-K210 using Tapatalk

• Like 3

That dress is AMAZING!

I think showing your sister the incentives that you're able to reward yourself with by making conscious choices may help the situation. It may take some time, but eventually it should sink in.

I know, for me, it took a very long time and a few stumbles to complete face plants to really get it when it came to life in general. And people. And money. And everything.

Also, in regards to Breakfast, it's not one of my favorite meals either. I also have difficulties with it because I feel like I just eat the same thing over and over again, or I just don't want traditional breakfast food. With that, I think as long as you eat something that has some protein and good energy boosters sans sugary things (believe me! I am a cereal junkie and Pop Tart lover!) you should be good. That's just my humble opinion, though! :D

Oh man! I can honestly say I absolutely hate pop tarts. They taste like pasty sugared cardboard. Grooooooooossssssssss!!!!! Haha

Breakfast today went well though. I chopped up an egg into the half of the leftover salad and added a touch of ranch. With a small glass of chocolate mil with protein powder in it and a banana for the walk to work I made it to lunch with zero stomach alarms screaming for food. ^_^

Lunch was prime rib salad and sadly I baked flawless cookies today and nommed on three of them during my shift.

But that brings up a sneaky treat achievement that I am going to add into this ongoing challenge. There are two achievement that I am going to tie into junk food related stuff. There is one for getting sick off of tricky treats during the Halloween event and one in cooking for feeling 1000%??? Better by eating chocolate chip cookies.

Only I'm doing it backwards. Instead of the goal being all the cookies, that number is the limit. So outside of social occasions like Christmas where people go to a lot of trouble to make soke seriously epic snacks, I am only allowed to have whatever that value is in cookies. And when I hit it. No more random cookies outside of family events period. End of story. No more cookies.

The tricky treats limit is something like 10 makes you puke in game so I'm rolling things like donuts, chocolate bars, Starbursts etc into that. I get a limit of 10 for the rest if the year and then it resets for the next year. I'm thinking 10/6 months seems reasonable for occasional indulgences so I think that will work.

I have a thought about rested bonus as well, but since leveling up is based on long term things where sleep tracking would be brutal, I'm going to tack it onto dungeons and raids (workouts) and give myself bonus points towards gear if I clock 8 hours of sleep during the 24 hours leading up to said workout.

8 hours of rest a night during the work week just doesn't work for me at all. But I can usually get about 6 and then take a long nap when I get home from work which also gives my sister the time to finish her shift, come home and eat before I wake up so she could have the option of coming with me.

• Like 6

On 8/15/2016 at 4:29 AM, Leigh said:

And I am one of the zillions of us out there that wish our world was as interesting as Azeroth is and would love to romp around the world fighting monsters and making a name for myself and kicking the daylights out of the Boss level enemies that want to see the world burn.

It's not as glamorous when it does happen.

tumblr_njmcw7lqYI1u4v92eo1_1280.png

Very very VERY gamified challenge. Interesting ways you're working with this.

• Like 2

I love your snack challenge/rules, taking from the tricky treats and stuff!   Seriously though, I just squee every time you update, cause WoW! 

• Like 1

Level: 15 Race: Human Class: Adventurer (Sailor Senshi/Aes Sedai)

STR: 14    DEX: 12    STA: 16   CON: 28   WIS: 26    CHA: 15 

(unspent points: 6? challenges worth)

Weight Loss Progress (SW 12/5/15 272)

Mini-Goal: Get back down to my low 152.2 - SW 6/1/17 170.4 - CW 6/10/17: 166.6

regained the last few months - back on track losing in June

My Battle Log|My NF Character Sheet

Challenges:

1/16-2/16-3/16-4/16-5/16-6/16-7/16-8/16-9/16-11/16-12/16-1/17-2/17-

2 hours ago, Teros said:

It's not as glamorous when it does happen.

tumblr_njmcw7lqYI1u4v92eo1_1280.png

Very very VERY gamified challenge. Interesting ways you're working with this.

Thanks :D I'm finding it a bit more fun to work on if I can really gamify my life, because I put a lot of effort into my characters in games, making sure they have the best stats, the best weapons and the best armor, or at least the prettiest if I'm going by my Fallout 4 character :P I figure if I am willing to put in that kind of effort for a digital avatar, I should be able to put in a hell of a lot more into my corporeal one.

54 minutes ago, MichiruSedai said:

I love your snack challenge/rules, taking from the tricky treats and stuff!   Seriously though, I just squee every time you update, cause WoW! 

I knew you'd probably get a giggle out of chores being 'dailies' and grocery shopping being 'hitting the AH for mats' :P

If you find a neat achievement in the game that you think could work for me, toss me a line :D

• Like 2

Oh man I had a baaaaaad day for junk food yesterday >_

Grrrr...

Ad a result I have added positive and negative snacking to my Habitica pages. I did manage to make breakfast this morning. Same as yesterday morning but I did not enjoy it at all :(

I'm going to be a few minutes late to work as a result of said breakfast as well which is not great. Bleh. I don't like starting the day off with debuffs but we all get them from time to time and in most cases they are unavoidable but in this case I was a bad raider and stood in a puddle and ignored boss mechanics and have paid the price for it.

Oddly I really wish that eating badly would make me feel noticeably awful so that I had an easier time with junk food.

• Like 3

akMe8ZF.jpg

(you are but I just love that comic). Love the themeing and great goal ideas! I'll be following along! We must stay strong in the face of the Burning Legion (and by that I mean not totally fall off the wagon come the 30th!).

• Like 5

Level 11 Hobbit Brewmaster

Half Ranger, Half Druid, Completely Ridiculous

Instagram

Current Challenge: Mizbrek Studies with the Order of the Broken Temple

Past Challenges: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

I hope today was better!  Don't beat yourself up for having some Tricky Treats!

Challenges:

6 hours ago, Mizbrek said:

akMe8ZF.jpg

(you are but I just love that comic). Love the themeing and great goal ideas! I'll be following along! We must stay strong in the face of the Burning Legion (and by that I mean not totally fall off the wagon come the 30th!).

I literally lol'd

Anyway, yeah, I had a few days where nothing tasted good except crap food. Fight it off! I have, in the past, found it helpful to find a little way to treat myself if I avoid something. I know they say don't reward yourself with food but one really effective thing my boyfriend would do for me is ask me every day if I had sweets or soda, and if I didn't, we would share a Hershey's Hug each. It was a nice sweet thing without being something big that I was going to binge on, I shared it with him which made me happy, and I knew during the day I'd have to look him in the eyes and tell him I didn't and deny him that Hug as well. Sounds dumb probably but it really worked. Maybe you can find a similar setup, maybe without food?

• Like 1
4 hours ago, MichiruSedai said:

I hope today was better!  Don't beat yourself up for having some Tricky Treats!

I'm not really mad that I had some Tricky Treats, I'm more annoyed that one the SAME DAY that I set up the plan to limit them I went and bought 4 chocolate bars and a full sized bag of chips. I feel like I accidentally left my willpower on the bus or something. It's something that I don't consciously do and I'm no sure what to do to work at stopping it. I'll write down my goals, think about them off and on all day, put reminder things in my phone, my email and on websites that I visit a lot and I'll still totally space out on them and go do something stupid but not realize that I'm doing it until it is too late.

I'm going to have to wrap an entire piece of paper with a list of what is unacceptable to buy around my debit card or something.

Today was good and bad.

I ate my breakfast at home, or most of it anyhow, avoided cookies at work, ate a salad for lunch but had the other two chocolate bars as a snack, along with a banana and some chocolate milk. Dinner was a dense bowl of salad with some sliced up chicken strips in it and another half glass of chocolate milk. I really need to kick this sugar habit I've got going or I'm going to be freaking miserable going forward. I'm swapping out junky sweets for fruits, but it isn't as satisfying and I'm dead certain that's because of the lack of fat involved, so I'm thinking a few slices of cheese to go with the fruit to aim for satiety?

I read something recently about pomodoros, that I also want to try and implement into my day. I tend to binge clean my place and then forget that clutter and general mess exists for a week or so and then go "eww...." and then mass clean up (rinse repeat) I'm going to sit down for an hour tomorrow after work and write out a list of things to be cleaned once a week and then make them dailies, so that I can throw on a 15-45 minute timer on my phone and just power through it.

@MichiruSedai you totally need to lend me Setsuna for some serious time management.

2 hours ago, Cataleya said:

Anyway, yeah, I had a few days where nothing tasted good except crap food. Fight it off! I have, in the past, found it helpful to find a little way to treat myself if I avoid something. I know they say don't reward yourself with food but one really effective thing my boyfriend would do for me is ask me every day if I had sweets or soda, and if I didn't, we would share a Hershey's Hug each. It was a nice sweet thing without being something big that I was going to binge on, I shared it with him which made me happy, and I knew during the day I'd have to look him in the eyes and tell him I didn't and deny him that Hug as well. Sounds dumb probably but it really worked. Maybe you can find a similar setup, maybe without food?

I like this idea, but I'm not sure how to apply it since oddly enough there is not much shared love of junk food in this house. But man, I would feel like such a jerk denying someone a single piece of chocolate because I wanted a cookie at work... I'd most likely lie and say I didn't have any so they could have some though.

• Like 4

Today at a glance:

Slept in a bit, hit up Tim Horton's for breakfast because I was really late getting going today and caught a Polywag on the way to work :D Lunch was a prime rib salad, which was incredibly filling but was super boring. I'm thinking I need to throw in one sandwich per week just to keep my sanity from how bland the food at work generally is. I had one cookie at work and maybe three little Rolo candies with my girlfriend while prepping a snack when I got off of work (to tiny gala apples and a small banana) Since she had slept all day again (depression + hot weather = zzzzZZZzzZZzz) she cooked up two chicken burgers and gave me one. It was very plain, just some mayo and lettuce but ooooh man was it awesome! Currently enjoying an apple Somersby and relaxing before bed.

I am determined to get to sleep before 10, so I've got just a tiny bit more time to spend doing silly things.

• Like 6

12setsuna.jpg

Here to help!

• Like 3

Challenges:

On 8/23/2016 at 10:36 PM, Leigh said:

'm going to have to wrap an entire piece of paper with a list of what is unacceptable to buy around my debit card or something.

I've done that with shopping lists so I wouldn't forget. That's entirely something that can work.

• Like 1

Oh man! So I wound up with a brutal allergic reaction yesterday afternoon when I went out to the store and wound up having to take a full dose of Benedryl... Spent the rest of the day alternating between a dead sleep and being high as balls. Managed to eat my dinner... while totally unconscous....

Needless to say I did not accomplish anything yesterday :P

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Leigh said:

Oh man! So I wound up with a brutal allergic reaction yesterday afternoon when I went out to the store and wound up having to take a full dose of Benedryl... Spent the rest of the day alternating between a dead sleep and being high as balls. Managed to eat my dinner... while totally unconscous....

Needless to say I did not accomplish anything yesterday :P

Image result for high dog meme
  • Like 4

Oh no!!

Challenges:

"Ugh! I am never listening to you again about doing Mythic difficulty in Bloodmaul Slagmines" Leigh said as she threw off her gear and then threw herself into the fishing pond just outside the walls of Lunarfall. It had been a fairly hot day to begin with but she was not expecting to run through that hellhole for two hours getting gear. "I don't care how good the gear is, I don't care if the tank owed you a favor Tjansen, I am not going in there in summer ever again!"

• Mythic dungeon:
    • 5x5 squats with 2x 25lbs plates on the bar. 4 pts
    • 5x5 OHP with 2x 10lbs plates on the bar. 4pts
    • 5x5 Bench with 2x 10lbs + 5lbs plates on the bar 4pts
    • Swam five laps of the pool using just my forearms and wrists to propel myself. (modified version of sculling I guess? dunno, it's something I've always done) 3pts
    • Total points: 15
  • dailies: none, because it's hot and I was lazy.

Also in other fun news: I hatched a diglett in Pokémon GO today :D it is adorable!

• Like 7