[Charlie_Quinn] Maximum Effort - Part II

Charlie_Quinn

18 minutes ago, mr_willes said:

How-to-Remove-Calluses-from-Hands.jpg

Yeah these look sexy as hell ;) 

Meh, who cares about how they look. I'll take function over looks any day of the week. Those callouses need a good going over with a pumice stone. They look like they're going to rip!

• Like 2

Current: Assassins / Instagram

Previous: 1, 234, 5, 678910, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44

2020 Races: 
CANCELLED! Spartan Trifecta: Beast: 18-APR / Super :11-JUL / Sprint: 12-JUL

Summer Nuts: 5/6-SEPT / Nuclear Blast: 12-SEPT / Nuclear team race: 04-OCT 

"You have the heart of a Rebel"

"I'll take that as a compliment"

3 hours ago, mr_willes said:

Yeah these look sexy as hell

Oh, c'mon Willy! That picture should be inside a of a spoiler, lol.

And if that's your hand, they are right, those things look at the verge of ripping.

Charlie! Have you worked out the DOMS thing yet? Do you take any suplements?

• Like 4

Instagram/Facebook/Epic Quest

Previous Challenges: #1 | #2 | #3(Holiday Mini)| #4 | #5 | #6 | #7 | #8 | #9|#10| #11| #12| #13 | #14

Current Challenge: Respawn

14 hours ago, Charlie_Quinn said:

Meh, who cares about how they look. I'll take function over looks any day of the week. Those callouses need a good going over with a pumice stone. They look like they're going to rip!

12 hours ago, Mad Hatter said:

A nice smooth callous is totally sexy. ;) 

@mr_willes listen to CQ, that's going to get unpleasant soon!

11 hours ago, Agnarr said:

Oh, c'mon Willy! That picture should be inside a of a spoiler, lol.

And if that's your hand, they are right, those things look at the verge of ripping.

Those are not mine, i haven't been lifting for 3 weeks I'm almost back to my usual computer hands ;) thanx for giving me the heads up though. I just wanted to find some dirty looking callouses to make my point. As usual just clowning around :D 

• Like 4

... a little odd in the head ...

4 minutes ago, originalpiratematerial said:

Ooh I can so relate to your post about not sleeping well because it's been so hot at night here.

We are at the stage where it is too cold to sleep with just the sheet, but too warm with anything added... So you wake up all night long, being cold the one time, hot the next...

58 minutes ago, mr_willes said:

Those are not mine, i haven't been lifting for 3 weeks I'm almost back to my usual computer hands ;) thanx for giving me the heads up though. I just wanted to find some dirty looking callouses to make my point. As usual just clowning around :D 

Thank the maker! They looked like they were about to get really unpleasant really soon!

37 minutes ago, originalpiratematerial said:

Ooh I can so relate to your post about not sleeping well because it's been so hot at night here.

32 minutes ago, mr_willes said:

We are at the stage where it is too cold to sleep with just the sheet, but too warm with anything added... So you wake up all night long, being cold the one time, hot the next...

It wouldn't be so bad if we could open the window at night, but we have to keep it closed or the cat goes out and tries to pick fights with foxes! Plus there was a badger rooting around in the bushes outside our window a few nights ago and I hate to think what that would do to the cat if he was stupid enough to try something (which he is).

12 hours ago, Agnarr said:

I've started taking BCAAS in the last week. Bit soon to tell if they are helpful though. No major DOMS this week, but I haven't had a leg day this week so far!

• Like 3

Previous: 1, 234, 5, 678910, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44

2020 Races: 

I've started taking BCAAS in the last week. Bit soon to tell if they are helpful though. No major DOMS this week, but I haven't had a leg day this week so far!

Be interested to hear if they help. I had shocking DOMS last week (first week back after four weeks of no gym, though). My trainer reckons I drink too much water and need to drink something like lucozade sport to put the electrolytes back.

1 hour ago, Charlie_Quinn said:

Aye, I guess your body needs to load up on the BCAAS to make good use of them.

Foxes and a badger? There's a pretty active wild life in your area! Wise thing,  not letting the cat out at night.

Previous Challenges: #1 | #2 | #3(Holiday Mini)| #4 | #5 | #6 | #7 | #8 | #9|#10| #11| #12| #13 | #14

1 hour ago, originalpiratematerial said:

Be interested to hear if they help. I had shocking DOMS last week (first week back after four weeks of no gym, though). My trainer reckons I drink too much water and need to drink something like lucozade sport to put the electrolytes back.

I've read that electrolyte replacement is good if you are exercising for over 90 minutes at a time, as they help with fluid retention. Be careful with the bottles of Lucozade though, they are deceptively high in calories. You can buy Lucozade light, but it's far cheaper to buy a tube of electrolyte tablets that you dissolve in water. 

16 minutes ago, Agnarr said:

Aye, I guess your body needs to load up on the BCAAS to make good use of them.

Foxes and a badger? There's a pretty active wild life in your area! Wise thing,  not letting the cat out at night.

The badger really freaked me out! I could hear something stamping around in the bushes under the window and woke Hubs up (because I'm a giant chicken) as I thought it was someone trying to break in. It must have been a big bugger to make that much noise. Still, it made a change from the foxes using the bushes as a brothel - the noises foxes make during sexy-times is truly disturbing.

• Like 8

2020 Races: 

29 minutes ago, Charlie_Quinn said:

Still, it made a change from the foxes using the bushes as a brothel - the noises foxes make during sexy-times is truly disturbing.

Thank goodness I never had to listen to that :P

• Like 1

I absolutely despise Chemical Orange flavour Lucozade.

When running back in the UK I'll only take a small bottle of water with me on a long run in summer but then drink loads when I get home, and I can't say I've ever suffered massive DOMS this way.

But yeah, those electrolyte tabs you can drop in the bottle are good. I did use them on long bike rides and they worked well.

• Like 1

Big Show: Human Swift Hunter

Respawning. One day at a time.

Battle Log: #OperationWeddingSuit

Previous challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41 

20 hours ago, Agnarr said:

Thank goodness I never had to listen to that :P

14 hours ago, Phoenix Burning said:

I didn't even need to click the video for this song to get stuck in my head. 

If only they made the noise they do in this video. The real noise is more like someone doing something really inappropriate to a Pikachu. And with that, I've reserved my seat in Hell.

• Like 7

2020 Races: 

11 hours ago, skinNbones said:

Another downvote for lucozade. I found it too sickly to drink during exercise.

The wisdom of age: don't stop walking.

46 minutes ago, Big_Show said:

I absolutely despise Chemical Orange flavour Lucozade.

When running back in the UK I'll only take a small bottle of water with me on a long run in summer but then drink loads when I get home, and I can't say I've ever suffered massive DOMS this way.

But yeah, those electrolyte tabs you can drop in the bottle are good. I did use them on long bike rides and they worked well.

I don't like the "full fat" Lucozades as they are really syrupy sweet, but the light lemon and lime one isn't too bad. I sometimes take one climbing with me if I'm going to be there for a while. I wouldn't use it while running though.

• Like 1

2020 Races: 

3 hours ago, Charlie_Quinn said:

The real noise is more like someone doing something really inappropriate to a Pikachu. And with that, I've reserved my seat in Hell.

I'd be prepared to bet that there is a hilarious gif out there to accompany that comment. I am totally not prepared to Google one at work however.

• Like 6

Level 15 Wood Elf Ranger

IAgreeWithTank™

"Shit is going down, but I am not." - iatetheyeti

Don't say "I don't have enough time", say instead "that's not a priority right now" and see how that makes you feel.

Forum Posts: Current Challenge - Worms - 2021 Road Map - Make a House a Home

External: Epic Quest - Instagram - Strava

Spoiler

Previous Challenges: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46

Old Stuff: Battle Log - My Introduction - 2017 Road Map - 2018 Road Map - 2019 Road Map

1 hour ago, Jarric said:

I'd be prepared to bet that there is a hilarious gif out there to accompany that comment. I am totally not prepared to Google one at work however.

That's the kind of search that gets you put on watch lists.

----------------------------------

Just realised I haven't done an actual update in a few days. My mood has been a bit off since Wednesday but I'm starting to feeling a little less glum this afternoon. Must be that Friday before OCR feeling.

Wednesday I didn't lift in the evening. The weather was absolutely glorious when I left work and a thought crossed my mind that this might be the last really nice day of the year. The next thought that went through my head? Pub. So I called Hubs and we went to a country pub, sat in the garden and enjoyed a pint and a natter. 

Yesterday I went climbing. My break from climbing hasn't had too much of an impact and I managed a fair few of the blue problems. There were a few that were very finger grippy. I attempted them but had to stop pretty quickly as my hands were getting sore and I couldn't risk shredding them before Saturday. I think once winter comes, I'm going to really focus on climbing as I won't have to worry too much about ruining my hands. Sorry hands.

Tonight will be rest and gear check before tomorrow. I've got to get up at 5:30 as I'm on driving duty so 9 o'clock bed time for me tonight. Is it wrong that I'm looking forward to an early night? 

• Like 7

2020 Races: 

55 minutes ago, Charlie_Quinn said:

Yesterday I went climbing. My break from climbing hasn't had too much of an impact and I managed a fair few of the blue problems. There were a few that were very finger grippy. I attempted them but had to stop pretty quickly as my hands were getting sore and I couldn't risk shredding them before Saturday. I think once winter comes, I'm going to really focus on climbing as I won't have to worry too much about ruining my hands. Sorry hands.

Tonight will be rest and gear check before tomorrow. I've got to get up at 5:30 as I'm on driving duty so 9 o'clock bed time for me tonight. Is it wrong that I'm looking forward to an early night? 

I think with all the handcare advise you gave that your hands will forgive you if you show them a little love outside the climbing gym :) 

It's never wrong to look forward to an early night, haha. I quite frequently enjoy early nights and they may or may not be on the weekends, too. 

2 hours ago, Jarric said:

57 minutes ago, Charlie_Quinn said:

That's the kind of search that gets you put on watch lists.

LMAO. The pikachu comment made me laugh! Yeah, after my Deadpool challenge, I think I looked up so much weird shit they decided putting me on any "watch list" wouldn't work because I was certifiably insane ;) 

W0lf

• Like 3

Wild Wolf- LEVEL 2 (but probably more like lvl 50 if I didn't respawn so much)

Class: Howler/ Height: 6'2 / Weight: 192#

Stats: MIGHT: 12 / CONSTITUTION: 9 / DEXTERITY: 11 / PERCEPTION: 10 / INTELLECT: 9 / RESOLVE: 13

Instagram: @ryanwolfbell / Facebook: Ryan Wolf Bell / Bible App (YouVersion) Ryan Wolf Bell

Current Challenge: Omnis Vir Lupus

Spoiler

Last Challenge(s): 1/2/3/4/5/6/7/8/9/10/11/12/13/14/15/16

Unchained Predator Saga: 1

Epic Challenges: Welcome to the Fireteam & Wolfpool 

Know, O prince, that once the sun burns out and the earth's core becomes solid and cold, there will come a man to provide the endless energy needed to sustain life and for the planets to keep moving. He is the source of light and the warmth of hope back into the hearts of humanity...." - Dark_Raider

A wolf rises in my heart; against my darkness; against my demons; against my despair. I DECLARE WAR!

Romans 8:28 (CSB) We know that all things work together for the good of those who love God, who are called according to His purpose.

16 minutes ago, Wild Wolf said:

It's never wrong to look forward to an early night, haha. I quite frequently enjoy early nights and they may or may not be on the weekends, too. 

That's the one that's missing here:

2014_FathersDay.png

Another OCR? Man i'm envious!!! And the weather is so good this weekend!!!

Enjoy the heck out of it!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, mr_willes said:

That's the one that's missing here:

2014_FathersDay.png

LMAO this is EXACTLY what I was thinking with my early nights. #SexyDadsNeedTheirBeautyRest

At least all the paths lead to being #1 dad lol. Just a matter how long it takes you to get there. You're a #1 dad in my books, Mr. W ;) 

Edit: I definitely, without a shadow of a doubt, am the Tickle Monster! Muwahaha!

the_tickle_monster_by_jamggurogi-d5n6qyh

W0lf

• Like 3

Wild Wolf- LEVEL 2 (but probably more like lvl 50 if I didn't respawn so much)

Class: Howler/ Height: 6'2 / Weight: 192#

Stats: MIGHT: 12 / CONSTITUTION: 9 / DEXTERITY: 11 / PERCEPTION: 10 / INTELLECT: 9 / RESOLVE: 13

Instagram: @ryanwolfbell / Facebook: Ryan Wolf Bell / Bible App (YouVersion) Ryan Wolf Bell

Current Challenge: Omnis Vir Lupus

Spoiler

Last Challenge(s): 1/2/3/4/5/6/7/8/9/10/11/12/13/14/15/16

Unchained Predator Saga: 1

Epic Challenges: Welcome to the Fireteam & Wolfpool 

Know, O prince, that once the sun burns out and the earth's core becomes solid and cold, there will come a man to provide the endless energy needed to sustain life and for the planets to keep moving. He is the source of light and the warmth of hope back into the hearts of humanity...." - Dark_Raider

A wolf rises in my heart; against my darkness; against my demons; against my despair. I DECLARE WAR!

Romans 8:28 (CSB) We know that all things work together for the good of those who love God, who are called according to His purpose.

@Wild Wolf & @mr_willes you don't need a chart to tell you you're great dads. Your great parenting comes across very clearly in your posts. Wolfie, I meant to write this on your thread after your last video; when your little boy came in and asked you if he was allowed to eat something, I was so impressed by how polite he was. You guys are winning the parenting game.

56 minutes ago, mr_willes said:

Another OCR? Man i'm envious!!! And the weather is so good this weekend!!!

It's supposed to rain here tomorrow! But it'll be warm and I'll be getting wet anyway so who cares!

• Like 5

2020 Races: