Building a colossus.

We'll.. Here is my restart post. I decided to give a go for a new beginning in my "new me" creation process. some points i try to change in me

-my eating

my food habits are ridiculous. I work out like an athlete but eat like that fat guy who orders pizza at home because he can't climb the stairs back to apartment carrying a pizza box. i honestly ate 2 bags of chips, 3 bars of chocolate and two bags of candy last week. not to mention over three gallons of coca cola. this needs to change.

-my mobility training.

i have skipped my stretching and mobility workouts for so long that it has been causing problems for last year or two. now i need to fix this.

-my martial arts technical training

I have had an habit of skipping on technique training in favour of scenario sparring and heavier training methods. i've done well this long but i need to get some things in better shape in the future.

-My overall health

i've had some health issues i've just coped with instead of fixing them. some demand medical care and some demand just adjustments in training like the mobility for example.

On top of that i just recently found hmb group in my city and fell in love with medieval combat training. i've been disappointed in level of their training so i try to create drills and ways to train this specific sport to level up the training of my team.  BUT! We must also remember that there is more to life than just physical training so i have set some goals to aim for in there too.

- New look

i've been that bald guy in a black hoodie and jeans for way too long. I want to try to find something more adult into my wardrobe so that i will not be going into next work interview in a totoro shirt (even though i think it's the coolest shirt i have!). This however is not on the top of my todo list. i'll work on it slowly.

-Finances

Because, well i suck with money. I'll start keeping book on what i buy to get a grip of shit i do.

-focus a bit more on my education

I've been a good student in my evening gymnasium even with minimal attendance. i'm getting top numbers of my group but i still perform far below my own level. And all that is due to my natural lazyness. i'd rather be warm and furry than reading my books. so i'll start putting some focus on this. I'm plannin on going through a trade school to get my diploma out finally. probably possible to do in 6 months but we'll see.

-mi lingua!

I have a project of learning new languages. i started studying spanish slowly. and repeating my swedish studies more intensively. when i start handling the swedish well enough i'll start rereading german because only words i remember in german are Panzerwagen, lederhosen, and spigelgugel. with those words i could probably get myself led into a gaybar in berlin but that's about it.

-overally reading.

I now spend too much time in front of idiot box. I rewatch dr who's to kill the time even if i could read a good book. it's a habit i need to ditch.

currently i'm bit under a weather. i've been sick for several weeks because i needed to ditch my meds for six weeks to get through a blood tests to check if everything still works normal. And on top of that i got myself a "dead leg" week ago. it's healing slowly. i've started doing some fascia massages that i can apply to myself and they hurt like never before. it's painful. also my coach has been massaging me out approx once a week. i'll be posting more soon! If you read this far, THANK YOU!

Edit. I saw someone who posts a new song here in every log post they make and i aim to do the same! so here is the first one and it's just as crazy as me.

ok. let's put a small update. My knee is still painful. the fluid from dead leg has went into a knee and it seems to keep me up at night. i've started applying some fascia massages to myself on the areas i can reach, and on the pain scale of 1-10 it is around 8 when you do it yourself. armpits, neck and legs seem to be the worst, and especially in the armpits the pain is so hard that it makes you want to scream. It has caused already some bruising in my legs but it seems ease the pain out a bit. however due to my situation, i haven't been able to work out yet and that has kept me eating horribly. TODAY I HAD CANDY FOR BREAKFAST. already went shopping for clothes one day but there was too much people and i hate lines, so i came back home and played videogames. However my reading has been in good streak now!

And today, we'll listen to macintosh plus because everything in life is in our hands! and oh it's your move!

Well those are the bare essentials i've focused too little on. in about two weeks i'll be up and running again. in the meantime, i bought a bastard sword. it's too light for buhurt fights, but i enjoy playing with it and i try to use it in training, for two handed weapons seem to interest me the most at the moment. And i picked up a new foam roller. without foam this time! 60 cm of sewer pipe! if that will not open me up, nothing will! School started yesterday. And i'm having mixed feelings about it. because i might get another grad paper with same worth in few months which would leave last year rewardless. but i'll play it safe and focus on it full on and if all goes well, I get 5 years worth of school in less than two years.

Today we are listening to retrowawe!

Oh. And i'll add finances to the list soon! They need to be fixed. Found a good looking leather jacket today. Might get it. Bit less "Bane" look than my old one. Although bane merely adopted bomber jackets. I wore the gunpowder smelling leather before first nolans batman had concept art out.

+++ i have some reindeer leather inbound monday. I'll start small project, i try to make a smarthphone travel cover and a minimalist wallet. I've had the design ideas in forever but i'll try how they work. If i manage, my next project will be a leather jacket. To amp the hardness up a little you know.

We spent a weekend in another city, was quite relaxing. I already started collecting receipts of my money usage. i' switched the soda and candy off. However i feel terrible need to eat something very unhealthy now. :D I bought a new leather jacket and a Stetson cap to make me look little more civilised and i think it works quite well. it's not many days left until i get back to training again. school starts this evening and now i'm off to get some books!

well. sleeping pills doctor ordered me for two weeks seem to work. woke up at noon today, missed my heavy bag training, missed all the chores and now whole my time schedule went upside down. All i want to do is play EVE online. And worst thing is, i suck in it...

Although i'm confident i will learn to play this and be good in it. However i will not do so today, because now i need to catch up for the lost hours.

i'm putting this song in today, because i wrote an amazing song, one of the best i've ever written. And when i introduced it to my guitarist he said that guitar rhythm is exactly the same.

I've been doing some evaluation lately. I have had strong feelings about buhurt teams training methods since beginning, and i've started questioning if i really want to do it. I want to learn swords, but i feel like i'm in a wrong place. Hema, or fencing might be closer. However when i soon return to gym, i might be lacking the time to train much else given that i'm still waiting on sped up timetable of tradeschool.

Health and diet are in progress and they feel good. I miss sugar but real food helps.

I've started the weekly massages but actual mobility is still pretty much zero.

Same sadly goes for languages, reading and school. However i'm keeping book of my money usage and i'm not happy on what is laid before my eyes.

another self evaluation.

i've had some slips on the sodas... i love coca cola. otherwise my food has been better. A lot better to be honest.

my mobility training is still pretty useless. it needs more focus.

my martial arts training has however taken off pretty well. i've been getting back in line and it feels good to do these little things instead of hard sparring.

i've had now my bloodtests ran through and i'm finally back alive so my overall health process is on great rise.

i've upgraded my clothes a bit. it's a long process but i've made a good start

i've also caught a good grip on my finances. i collect receipts to make up a chart of what i use my money into.

I've however slackered on school and language studies. I feel like shit about it. But a friend i made here. introduced me to a game called EVE online. it's been taking a ridiculous amount of my time because i've become obsessed in being good at it :D

I hate lifting weights. my strength has dropped to ridiculous levels.  i've went to the gym a few times and i feel like i'm weak as a child. i tire fast and my rep weights are less than half of what they were. I tried fencing yesterday and i suck. i'll go again because i will learn it but i was horrible. oh and i forgot that i have swedish test in two hours.

Maybe it's time to write something into log... I've been feeling like shit. First week of gym and i've skipped two trainings for stupid reasons. I'm on the verge of personal bankcrupty and i'm weaker than i've been in years. I started training fencing and i suck in it. Not only is my new body ugly and weak, but it's also slow and badly coordinated. I'm standing on the edge where i need to pick between size, martial arts, and fencing. I can't possibly keep doing them all. Probably i'll have hard time doing one. Also i am really lost on this whole education thing. I don't know anything. I've felt bad and low for whole week and it's not getting better. I've medicated myself with sedatives, but i can't be doing it all the time. I went to studio today, recorded raw demo. Sounded like shit. Surely it's just base for oursdrummer to play his tracks but hearing me play made me want to burn my guitar.

So. I moved back to volume type training. Currently my training is shared into five workouts that are still finding their form. I moved from powersquat to harder version in hopes of better hypertrophy. By moving knees over the toes i got a lot harder lift on legs and less activation on back. Also i changed my way of doing delts by dropping weights and using a tiring tactic and based on the feel, it works.

Yesterdays workout was about like this

Squats 

12x70kg

12x80kg

12x90kg

10x110kg

I kept the rests around 45 seconds

Leg extensions

20x48kg 

15x55kg

15x55kg

15x55kg

9x55kg

6x55kg

All of those were done with 45 second rests and thighs were kept streched the whole rest period.

Back delt raises

25x6kgx5

4kg untill failure x2

Lateral raises

5x20-25 with 4 kg. Very isolated. Works like charm

Seated military press on a lever machine 

Again i try to isolate it as much as i can onto lateral delts and rear delts. When changing angle of my chest and placing elbows more behind, i achieve it although on the cost of moved mass.

25x10kg

16x10kg

11x10kg

This as a whole is my current tuesday. I'll add another workout tomorrow.

• Like 1

In last month, i've kinda lost touch with weightlifting. I don't the kick out of it anymore. In last two weeks, i went to the gym once. After getting into heated argument with my homegym owner, i moved to more commercial gym and i hate the place. Guys who wear tank tops with motivational quotes and snapbacks and have no clue what they're doing. Girls in microshorts and short tops that go there to show themselves out. So much people, madonna playing on the background. I tried just pulling the hood deeper on and focusing on the music in earphones but everytime i look down and see the brown parquette, i want to scream. I hate the place... There is one place i might try if i can gather up my horrible monetary situation... But now i don't know.

so this is probably a sort of comeback post. I was bit unable to work out for last six months. most of my workouts were rare as you can see. and not even very efficient. i took a while off and set out new directions. So what have i been up to?

two months ago i started in a sort of a trade school, on a two year long class of getting a construction specialty degree. apparently i'll be out in january. I passed year long theory lessons by just taking the tests. now i need to give out work samples and about half of them are already done.

I've also been working part time as furniture installer. which i enjoy a lot. work isn't that amazing and feels like waste of talent but i get to work with my best friend which helps a lot.

I've also returned to the gym!

about four weeks ago we started training more or less in sort of a strongman workouts. based on last week my current lifts are

squat 135kgx5

deadlift 135x5

bench press 85x5

strict press 60x5

our workouts are pretty bare and simple now and i'll write samples we use in this phase

day 1/shoulders

behind the neck overhead press

overhead press w/fatbar

one hand overhead press with dumbbell

day 2/back

Sumo deadlift

good morning

pull ups

day 3/bench press

bench press

floorpress

dumbbell press

day 4/legs

zercher squat

front squat

squat

on top of this we've done some dashes and some other training. we switch the moves and intensity every three weeks. this makes training much more interesting as it doesn't get as repetitive as bodybuilding type workouts do. but basically all our lifts are main lifts or variations of them. this way there is less "learning" in the workouts we do. we also do stretching and mobility training in side but it hasn't gotten as much attention as i want it to.

I'M BACK!

yesterday we introduced a warm up complexes into our workouts. three or four moves on minimal weights/bodyweight for high reps to get the blood flowing and get that much needed practise to movements and mobility. We proceeded to move pull ups into every warm up complex so our back workout became a sumo deadlift and good mornings. it felt decent. however i bought a lever action weightlifting belt and i think i'm going to ditch it.

sumo deadlift 135kgx4 (never deadlifted that much on neutral grip without straps. never sumodeadlifted that much)

good mornings 4x8x 80kg ( i just pumped up because i don't feel confident about putting heavy weights into this. due to my poor hip mobility the movement is quite small and feels a bit odd even though i follow it through mirror and have a guy giving me feedback all the time. based on the feel i could probably hit something like 120-140kg into my back but i'll take it easy.