Who Ya Gonna Call Trewest?

Trewest

I am feeling better today yay. No medication so I should be able to word things together better :P 

• Like 2

"What doesn't kill me better start running", level 7 Furyan Assassin
My Journey From Fat to Fit: 1|2|3|4|5|6|7|8|9|10|11|12|13|CURRENT

A proud member of the Champion House; Targaryen (Assassin's mini), Hufflepuff bravery is forgetting to be afraid because the thing is so important that the risk doesn't even matter (Assassin's mini) , Hellfire Club represent! (Assassin's mini)

Fantastic to feeling better! Though I am curious as to why shark week vexes you so? Of course if it's something too personal feel free to completely ignore the question and just know I'll still be rooting for improved and happier days for you regardless :)

• Like 1

Level 2 Lycan Assassin

STR 2 | DEX 2 | STA 2 | CON 3 | WIS 5 | CHA 4

2 hours ago, Fenyx said:

Fantastic to feeling better! Though I am curious as to why shark week vexes you so? Of course if it's something too personal feel free to completely ignore the question and just know I'll still be rooting for improved and happier days for you regardless :)

Normally I am fine with shark week. Occassionally I'll ge tbad cramps or whatnot, but I can deal with pain. Once in a blue moon though, my hormones take a nose dive, I end up with insomnia, chemical depression, constant fatigue, pain, and my period becomes irregular.

Imagine having a pain free, 4 day period. THAT is my norm. I am super lucky and I know it. This month has been a blue moon month for me though, so I get all the worst of a period, plus mild depression. It sucks. And my attitude during it can suck worse. My poor husband is amazing during these times because he accepts that ANYTHING I rant about is not about him and just me needing to vent. He lets me get messy, helps me clean myself up after it, and never makes me feel judged for it.

Doesn't make me enjoy the process any more though.

• Like 2

A proud member of the Champion House; Targaryen (Assassin's mini), Hufflepuff bravery is forgetting to be afraid because the thing is so important that the risk doesn't even matter (Assassin's mini) , Hellfire Club represent! (Assassin's mini)

Damnit. I get it now lol. I usually deal with Mortal Combat on my end, but the norm is usually quite like yours as a light 3-4 day painless battle. I am so very sorry you're having to deal with it for sure. If it helps at least it's nothing like that postpartum shark week! Hopefully it eases up quickly then and your husband is hella awesome for being so solidly there for you during it.

• Like 2

Level 2 Lycan Assassin

STR 2 | DEX 2 | STA 2 | CON 3 | WIS 5 | CHA 4

On ‎8‎/‎19‎/‎2016 at 11:09 AM, Fenyx said:

Damnit. I get it now lol. I usually deal with Mortal Combat on my end, but the norm is usually quite like yours as a light 3-4 day painless battle. I am so very sorry you're having to deal with it for sure. If it helps at least it's nothing like that postpartum shark week! Hopefully it eases up quickly then and your husband is hella awesome for being so solidly there for you during it.

LOL, oh yah helpful hubby is the best. 5 days of hell and then I get to be me again :P 

19 hours ago, Cataleya said:

I am following for this especially!

Yay Tough Mudder tales to be told! This will be my 5th one, and sadly I am so NOT ready for it. It'll be interesting. I am officially the heaviest I will have ever been for running one of these, I have very little in the way of consistent training in me (thank you depression spiral!), and basically the only thing that's going to get me through it is sheer stubbornness. It's going to be glorious.

• Like 3

slimer-ghostbusters-melissa-mccarthy-tra

If there's something strange in your neighborhood

Focus on eating food as fuel (protein, veggies, fruit, grain)

We're not going to talk about this passed weekend. Shark week Trewest makes bad life choices.

tumblr_o7r0rmuMJf1r0xvt0o1_250.gif

If there's something weird And it don't look good

Follow through on Scheduled chores: Monday-Kitchen. Tuesday- vacuum. Wednesday-Bathroom. Thursday-cat litter and garbage. Friday-Saturday- chore free. Sunday- cat litter and laundry.

Today I am attacking that kitchen like my life depends on it. Then going to force the hubby into cooking mode. Mmmm pre-prepped meals.

carreveal.0.gif

I ain't afraid of no ghost

Work on cardio and crawl until the Tough Mudder

Adding my old Erin Stern routine back into my life along with the cardio training. Because I like lifting weights dammit and I miss it.

tumblr_o68z5w9TPy1rv1d8ho2_540.gif

Who ya gonna call?

Take care of myself. Honestly take care of head as well as body. When the demons come out to play I am allowed to call for back up. I do not have to fight alone.

Going to see a family doc on the 15th of sept, and going to get her to do blood work on me. See if maybe, MAYBE, I can figure out a solution to the depression spiral other than 'batten down the hatches and endure the storm'. Also maybe see if it's my thyroid being a dick.

• Like 4

On 8/22/2016 at 8:00 AM, Trewest said:

Adding my old Erin Stern routine back into my life along with the cardio training. Because I like lifting weights dammit and I miss it.

oh my god her physique is amazing. I need to check her routines!

I'm so jealous of your tough mudder. I am DETERMINED to do one next year so I can be Trewest-worthy.

• Like 1

the year of living trippily

Final Boss, Part 2    Boss, Part 1  Previous:    Adult Content

Brain Weasels    Choose Your Own Adventure Woman of Mystery -   Worth i Simplicity     

Spoiler

Take it Outside II

Take it Outside

Even More Current: 52 Days

Currently Current: 100 Days

Current: Queen 2: Electric Boogaloo

Queen of the Jungle

THE PEOPLE'S CHOICE CHALLENGE

Apart six: Amazon  (part 5)

(part 3: The Wickening)

(part 2) (part 1)

51 minutes ago, DJtrippyT said:

oh my god her physique is amazing. I need to check her routines!

I'm so jealous of your tough mudder. I am DETERMINED to do one next year so I can be Trewest-worthy.

She has a show physique, keep that in mind. Her focus is on how the body looks, so keep in mind that genetics play a ridiculously huge part in it.

For one if I ever tried to do shows I'd have to lather on boot polish, I am really pale.

LOL, you are already Trewest-worthy no worries! But yes definitely to do. Now they offer smaller Mudders, if the whole length ones are daunting :) 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Trewest said:

For one if I ever tried to do shows I'd have to lather on boot polish, I am really pale.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I've seen some shows where I think thats what they used - in "fine corinthian leather" color

• Like 2

the year of living trippily

Final Boss, Part 2    Boss, Part 1  Previous:    Adult Content

Brain Weasels    Choose Your Own Adventure Woman of Mystery -   Worth i Simplicity     

Spoiler

Take it Outside II

Take it Outside

Even More Current: 52 Days

Currently Current: 100 Days

Current: Queen 2: Electric Boogaloo

Queen of the Jungle

THE PEOPLE'S CHOICE CHALLENGE

Apart six: Amazon  (part 5)

(part 3: The Wickening)

(part 2) (part 1)

2 hours ago, DJtrippyT said:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I've seen some shows where I think thats what they used - in "fine corinthian leather" color

LOL, I have known humans from many, many, MANY different genetic backgrounds and I have yet to meet anyone who was NATURALLY that specific colour.

On 22.8.2016 at 1:54 PM, Trewest said:

Yay Tough Mudder tales to be told! This will be my 5th one, and sadly I am so NOT ready for it. It'll be interesting. I am officially the heaviest I will have ever been for running one of these, I have very little in the way of consistent training in me (thank you depression spiral!), and basically the only thing that's going to get me through it is sheer stubbornness. It's going to be glorious.

Don't underestimat stubbornness...I put all my hope for my big run into it ;)

Also finally following along again :)

• Like 1

My NF-Character: https://www.nerdfitness.com/character/58102

Introduction Or How I started, Challenges: 1 ; 2 ; 3 ; 4 ; 5 ; 6 ; 7 ; RESPAWN  ; 8 ;

Member of the League of Epicness, Hellfire Club!

...would like to be a Nac Mac Feggle ;)

17 hours ago, Schaengel said:

Don't underestimat stubbornness...I put all my hope for my big run into it ;)

Also finally following along again :)

Oh yes. I know I am going to suffer after running it this year.

I'm 215 lbs

I've not consistently trained at all, patch work training and mini challenges do not make a real training system.

I'm still currently battling depression with the biggest symptom outside of pervasive anhedonia is fatigue.

I am too fucking stubborn to quit.

I gotta represent the Assassin's Guild afterall :P 

• Like 5

Two guesses who twisted a knee this passed weekend?

That's right, ME.

I run the tough mudder in 5 days. My knee is currently swollen and a little crunchy.

Fan-fucking-tastic.

Self love time Trewest. You got hurt, it happens to us all. Now throw some ice on it and elevate and recover. Don't worry about a day that hasn't come yet. Cheering you on one day at a time.

Sent by my Navi-powered device!

• Like 3

Brain-Building Assassin, a.k.a Radical Domestic Jill-of-All-Trades

Battle Log | Challenges: Current |18 |17 |16 |15 |14 |13 |12 |11 |109 | 87 | 65432 | 1  

Isaiah 40:30-31

1 hour ago, Alexandrite said:

Self love time Trewest. You got hurt, it happens to us all. Now throw some ice on it and elevate and recover. Don't worry about a day that hasn't come yet. Cheering you on one day at a time.

Sent by my Navi-powered device!

LOL,

oh yah.

We were up at the camp, in the river. My father-in-law (a 5 year old masquerading as a 63 year old) decided to rough house in the water. THAT translated to him tackling me when I wasn't ready OR expecting it. And viola, my knee did a movement it's not supposed to.

2 days later and I can walk on it with minimal pain, but I have to be very careful with twisting or turning, or putting all my weight on it in extension. That's when the pain and/or crunchiness comes back.

• Like 1

On 17-8-2016 at 7:00 PM, Sam Ashen said:

So..... Who else remembers the days when files were stored on a tape recorder?

7844598.gif

c16_msx_1_tape.jpg

On 19-8-2016 at 5:00 PM, Trewest said:

Normally I am fine with shark week. Occassionally I'll ge tbad cramps or whatnot, but I can deal with pain. Once in a blue moon though, my hormones take a nose dive, I end up with insomnia, chemical depression, constant fatigue, pain, and my period becomes irregular.

Imagine having a pain free, 4 day period. THAT is my norm. I am super lucky and I know it. This month has been a blue moon month for me though, so I get all the worst of a period, plus mild depression. It sucks. And my attitude during it can suck worse. My poor husband is amazing during these times because he accepts that ANYTHING I rant about is not about him and just me needing to vent. He lets me get messy, helps me clean myself up after it, and never makes me feel judged for it.

Doesn't make me enjoy the process any more though.

I think you should marry him ;) 

On 22-8-2016 at 1:54 PM, Trewest said:

LOL, oh yah helpful hubby is the best. 5 days of hell and then I get to be me again :P 

That's my girl. And i can relate, the SV i did saturday, didn't had the best prep of the OCR's i did. Last 2 weeks leading up to it i had 10 days of riding motorbike during the day and drinking some serious amounts of beer. I did also do one 6K run in those 2 weeks. How's that for last minute prepping?

12 hours ago, Trewest said:

Two guesses who twisted a knee this passed weekend?

That's right, ME.

I run the tough mudder in 5 days. My knee is currently swollen and a little crunchy.

Fan-fucking-tastic.

Try to take care as best as you can. Those mudders are a thing, try to prep as best as possible in this short amount of time, and enjoy the heck out of it!

• Like 3

... a little odd in the head ...

1 hour ago, mr_willes said:

7844598.gif

c16_msx_1_tape.jpg

I think you should marry him ;) 

That's my girl. And i can relate, the SV i did saturday, didn't had the best prep of the OCR's i did. Last 2 weeks leading up to it i had 10 days of riding motorbike during the day and drinking some serious amounts of beer. I did also do one 6K run in those 2 weeks. How's that for last minute prepping?

Try to take care as best as you can. Those mudders are a thing, try to prep as best as possible in this short amount of time, and enjoy the heck out of it!

Hahahha.

Well right now I know for a fact that my knee is not going to be 100% by Saturday. But I plan on going forth anyways so yeah. It's going to be slow and ugly and I am going to get it done anyways.

• Like 3

Bummer about your knee, that can't be fun. :( I hope you still have fun on Saturday though. 

• Like 1

Fitocracy  GoodReads  MyFitnessPal

Spoiler

Previous Challenges: 2020: 1.20  - 2019: 1.19 l 2.19

2018: 1.18 l  2.18 l 3.18 l 4.18 l 5.18 l 6.18 l 7.18

2017: 1.17 I 2.17 I 3.17 I 4.17 I 5.17 l 6.17 l 7.17 l 8.17 I 9.17 l 10.17  

2016: 1.16 l 2.16 l DA v.1 l DA v.2 I DA v.2 Reloaded I DA v.3 I DA v.4 I 8.16 I 9.16 I DA v.5 I 11.16 

2012: 1 2013: 2 l 3 l 4 l 5 l 6 l 7 l 8 2014: 9 l 10 l Not Done Yet l Time to Conquer l  Conquering 

HFC for Life!

19 hours ago, Jonesy said:

Bummer about your knee, that can't be fun. :( I hope you still have fun on Saturday though. 

I'm going to kick it's ass, no worries.

18 hours ago, Schaengel said:

hope you can make it through the race without hurting your knee anymore... knee injuries are really nasty so even though it's hard don't overdo it :)

I am going to compression sleeve it, if for no other reason than to remind ME that it's already injured.

• Like 4

Today is Hubby's 36th birthday.

Happy birthday Hubby!

• Like 4