iatetheyeti

Here's another little win: you are an awesome Ranger and a key member of the Rebellion.

^ this. So this!

Sent from my SM-G925T using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Level 25 Final Fantasy Rebel

My Epic Quest | My Journey | Currently on the Trial of Orthos
Str: 60 | Dex: 23 | Sta: 66 | Con: 28 | Wis: 55 | Cha: 14

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler
  • Build my brother a Destiny 2 Lamp
  • Learn how to do a Handstand
  • Play 1 song on the acoustic guitar
  • Clean up the Christmas Decorations and finish setting up my apartment (hang things up, plus some other few things that need to be organized)
  • Re-introduce Pull-ups into my routine
  • Build a shelving unit next to my Desk

"No matter what, if you can hold your head up high, you've done the right thing."

"When you stand with your family, your family stands with you."

"Write what needs to be written."

2 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Here's another little win: you are an awesome Ranger and a key member of the Rebellion.

1 hour ago, Red1263 said:

^ this. So this!

1 hour ago, WorldSparrow said:

Remeber, this too shall pass. Ride the wave!

Thanks guys, I appreciate it :) 

• Like 1

"The old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.

From the ashes a fire shall be woken, a light from the shadows shall spring."

Yeti on Flickr - Facebook - Instagram

DAILY MISSIONS

DOMESTIC: Dishes

PHYSICAL: 10 chin ups across the day

PERSONAL: Read a few chapters

GOALS

1: Morning - 3, Evening - 2

2: Yoga - 2, BW - 2

3: Walk - 2

4: Calm - 10

HUNTING LOG

270816 - 0600-1115 W/S

My stress set off shark week early.

Yay.

Now I get to be stressed, over emotional, and craving sugary foods I neither want nor can afford.

Can I just sleep for a year? And when I wake up have all of this be sorted out?

For now I’m just going to try and keep my mood level through work. Or as much as I can considering I’ll be having another conversation personnel doesn’t want to have with me. They hate me asking about my contract hours, and they’re probably going to hate me saying I’m getting a second job if they don’t come through.

But I refuse to go through another winter like the last one.

• Like 4

"The old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.

DAILY MISSIONS

WEEKEND MISSIONS

• UPDATE CV

• APPLY FOR JOBS

GOALS

1: Morning - 3, Evening - 2

4: Calm - 10

HUNTING LOG

270816 - 0600-1115 W/S

• ENTRY 2

• CURRENT MOOD: ...

I was not with it this morning by a long shot. I’m actually surprised I made it into work early… As it was, the lorry was late for the second day running and N(ew)FDO was feeling a little panicky as this was basically her first shift without FDO+ to watch over her.

After getting a little lecture from the RO about doing backstock first and quite politely informing him I couldn’t work stock that hadn’t even been delivered yet, I asked him about a timeframe for my request for more hours. He basically told me it wasn’t happening.

So I worked on through the irritation, put in a form for my second lot of holidays (I actually now have a week in September off because that first week went through in a miraculously quick time), and, at the end of my shift, went to speak to personnel. She confirmed that it wouldn’t be possible, and has given me official permission to start searching for a second job. Apparently so long as it’s part time and can be worked around my contracted hours, it’s fine.

...so I will absolutely be applying for that 16 hour job at what could possibly be deemed a rival supermarket.

I’ve got my eye on a few other things as well. A few places are recruiting for part time workers, so once I’ve updated the CV, I’ll start applying.

For the rest of the evening I think I’m pretty much just going to crash out. I’m still feeling pretty zoned out, which is slightly weird, but stress.

Another early tomorrow, so I’m hoping the neighbours silence themselves soonish.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, skinNbones said:

Sorry to hear about your contracted hours. Although now maybe you can get involved in a but of industrial espionage

The wisdom of age: don't stop walking.

Heh, yeah, that's true!

DAILY MISSIONS

WEEKEND MISSIONS

• UPDATE CV

• APPLY FOR JOBS

GOALS

1: Morning - 3, Evening - 3

4: Calm - 11

HUNTING LOG

280816 - 0600-1115 W/S

Neighbours were drilling until about 10pm last night before clearing off, and that spider has gotten both bigger and faster. It molted. I am uncomfortable.

Exceptionally tired, not looking forward to what is usually the worst day of the week at work, and not looking forward to tonight and whatever fresh disturbances it brings.

Mission remain the same right now because they’re little enough that something actually gets done.

• Like 1

There's only one choice left. Learn the language of the spiders, breed with their kind and over time your differences will be solved

• Like 4

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler
  • Clean up the Christmas Decorations and finish setting up my apartment (hang things up, plus some other few things that need to be organized)

"No matter what, if you can hold your head up high, you've done the right thing."

6 hours ago, Red1263 said:

There's only one choice left. Learn the language of the spiders, breed with their kind and over time your differences will be solved

That's... horrifying...

Heh, somehow I think that's gonna take a little more time than I'm willing to spend on it as well :P 

3 hours ago, skinNbones said:

You don't need to worry about the spider - we've all seen your biceps

The wisdom of age: don't stop walking.

Yes! I will destroy it with my muscles!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Red1263 said:

That IS horrifying! I was ok with the language learning, if I could reason with spiders it'd actually probably work out well for all involved, but the idea of breeding with one.................................................................. Um, no.

• Like 2

Dare mighty things

Current Challenge

3 minutes ago, obax said:

That IS horrifying! I was ok with the language learning, if I could reason with spiders it'd actually probably work out well for all involved, but the idea of breeding with one.................................................................. Um, no.

That does seem to be taking it a bit TOO far (do ALL the things has to have a line somewhere LOL)...   although talking to them would be kind of cool although I could probably come up with quite a list of other creatures I would rather talk to LOL

• Like 1

B'ker Level 1 Half-elf Ranger  STR: 3  DEX: 3  CON: 3  INT: 3  WIS: 2  CHA: 2

Bker Survives December Challenge Tracking Spreadsheet

Walking to Mordor (2019) Spreadsheet

MyFitnessPal | FitBit | Instagram

Walking to Mordor 1879.44 miles/1779 miles

Mini Challenge:  Week 1:  | Week 2:  | Week 3 | Week 4 | Week 5 |

7 minutes ago, obax said:

To be honest I don't think I could reason with one even if it was possible, I'd still be terrified... Though I suppose yelling at one from the other end of the room would be more effective than it is now!

3 minutes ago, bker1370 said:

That does seem to be taking it a bit TOO far (do ALL the things has to have a line somewhere LOL)...   although talking to them would be kind of cool although I could probably come up with quite a list of other creatures I would rather talk to LOL

Hmm, the compatibility issues alone would seem to put a stop to that little number of the 'do ALL of the things' list :P 

True though, there are so many other creatures I'd rather be able to communicate with than spiders!

DAILY MISSIONS

BONUS MISSIONS

• UPDATE CV

• APPLY FOR JOBS

GOALS

1: Morning - 3, Evening - 3

2: Yoga - 2, BW - 3

4: Calm - 12

HUNTING LOG

280816 - 0600-1115 W/S

Guess what I got home to?

Drilling! Hammering! Banging!

...and not the good kind.

Hellbeast is still scurrying about the ceiling, he hasn’t come down quite far enough for me to attempt to take him out (in light of recent conversation I need to clarify that when I say take him out, I mean MURDER).

They kept switching off the music in work today, which left me alone with my own thoughts a lot, which inevitably led to them forming into free form poetry of sorts. And hey, some of it was good. Don’t remember shit now though, so there goes my chance at potentially earning millions from my genius!

Actually had a good run of it at work. We didn’t open until 8am as opposed to 7am, which meant I had more time to deal with the load without customers crawling all over things. NFDO appears to be working out quite well, she’s a little more interactive than FDO+, but then unlike her little sister she is not career management so she’s a little more relaxed. But we seem to be on the same wavelength when it comes to how my department (it isn’t mine and it isn’t so much a department as an aisle, but I like how it sounds!) should function.

Trying to keep a half decent mood despite what’s going on above me.

WEEK ONE REPORT

1. MONSTER HUNTER’S ROUTINE

VERDICT: Lacking. While increased tiredness is a factor, all effort should be made to form a sticking habit.

SOLUTION: Post it notes on the bathroom mirror for the anti-slouch drills.

2. MOVE LIKE A BEAST

VERDICT: Success. PVP WOD definitely counts as a workout, creating the beginning of a consistent habit. Yoga needs some work, but overall not bad.

3. ON AND ON AND ON

VERDICT: Success. Avoided the rain, got out for a couple of short walks. Two different routes have been picked and will be easily adhered to no matter the circumstances.

4. CALM IN THE STORM

VERDICT: Success, barely. Evening meditation is often bedbound, morning meditation is often in a pre-caffeine haze. This is not constructive and will have to be rectified. Somehow.

OVERALL: A better start than I could have hoped for, even with the bonus missions and constant noise from upstairs. Maintaining a positive attitude is proving difficult, but doable, which is the main thing. Yeti is in sight.

MediaHandler.ashx?portalid=20&moduleid=5

• Like 5

On 8/26/2016 at 10:39 PM, iatetheyeti said:

My stress set off shark week early.

Yay.

Now I get to be stressed, over emotional, and craving sugary foods I neither want nor can afford.

I tried to find a meme to bring some levity to that, but no amount of adorable cats or pictures of Spongebob can make those facts okay. 

I'm so sorry about that :( 

But then? You posted your epic victories! Which made things definitely better. Keep rocking outloud! If I can think of anything that would be helpful for the meditation stuff I will try my best to be of assistance

• Like 1

-S t a r . R u b y -

"I AM AN ETERNAL FLAME, BABY!"

heatherallyse

str: 1, dex: 1, sta: 1, con: 3.5, wis: 3.0, cha: 1.5

Challenge Chapter I : Exit, Blerch : Chapter II : Enter, Self : Chapter III : Phoenix Ascendant 

Challenge Zombie Arc: 2016 - Infected : Infected, Part II : Typhoid Ruby (Infected, pt II continued)

Hey, look! It's the completely awesome Battle Log I keep neglecting!

A fine week one, my friend. I've definitely noticed the positivity coming through despite the ups and downs.

I wish you luck with the hellbeast. I had one on my washing machine the other day, he ran around like a maniac looking for a shadow to hide in when I flicked on the light. When he couldn't find one, he dropped off and curled up in the dust on the floor. I slammed a Kleenex box onto him, then dropped my dad's drill kit on top just to be sure. I'm too chicken to move the Kleenex box, so it'll sit there until some unsuspecting parent comes by and tidies up...

• Like 1

Dare mighty things

Current Challenge

4 hours ago, WorldSparrow said:

You got this!

Yes, yes I do!

3 hours ago, StarRuby said:

I tried to find a meme to bring some levity to that, but no amount of adorable cats or pictures of Spongebob can make those facts okay. 

I'm so sorry about that :( 

But then? You posted your epic victories! Which made things definitely better. Keep rocking outloud! If I can think of anything that would be helpful for the meditation stuff I will try my best to be of assistance

It's ok, really. The timing was awful but these things happen and I continually manage to live through them, so I'd say I'm not doing too badly!

Any meditation input would be very much appreciated too, thanks :) 

43 minutes ago, obax said:

A fine week one, my friend. I've definitely noticed the positivity coming through despite the ups and downs.

I wish you luck with the hellbeast. I had one on my washing machine the other day, he ran around like a maniac looking for a shadow to hide in when I flicked on the light. When he couldn't find one, he dropped off and curled up in the dust on the floor. I slammed a Kleenex box onto him, then dropped my dad's drill kit on top just to be sure. I'm too chicken to move the Kleenex box, so it'll sit there until some unsuspecting parent comes by and tidies up...

Apparently the whole 'fake it 'til you make it' approach does actually work...

That was my approach when I lived with people, I'd either trap it or kill it if I could, then leave a random pile on top of it and go fetch a housemate to do the actual removal part. Nowadays I need to figure that out myself, which I really do not like!

DAILY MISSIONS

DOMESTIC: Do the thing

PHYSICAL: N/A

PERSONAL: Recover from the thing

BONUS MISSIONS

• UPDATE CV

• APPLY FOR JOBS

GOALS

1: Morning - 4, Evening - 3

4: Calm - 13

HUNTING LOG

290816 - 0600-1115 W/S

Well, today is the day I go to the place to do the thing. If it turns out to be the miscommunication it potentially could have been then great, fantastic (I might even explain it then…), but if it turns out as I fear it might then things are gonna get bumpy for a while. Either way, nothing much I can do until after work.

...and Hellbeast has started crawling in my direction.

I have not had enough coffee for this, although I did get seven and a half hours in bed (I think I slept for six of them, and I had a plot dream that I don’t remember and didn’t finish because alarm). Apparently upstairs don’t do late night work on a Sunday. Nice, but I wish they’d think of that every other day of the week.

Here’s hoping the rain stays off today.

• Like 2

DAILY MISSIONS

DOMESTIC: Do the thing

PHYSICAL: N/A

PERSONAL: Recover from the thing

BONUS MISSIONS

• UPDATE CV

• APPLY FOR JOBS

GOALS

1: Morning - 4, Evening - 3

3: Walk - 3

4: Calm - 14

HUNTING LOG

290816 - 0600-1115 W/S

• ENTRY 2

• CURRENT MOOD:

Alrighty, well, things are going to get bumpy. I’m in large part to blame, I won’t deny that, if I’d been a little less careless about reading through every single part of my lease then yeah, I’d still be in a mess, but not one quite like this. My landlord is a little to blame for not mentioning it verbally, and the entire education system is at blame for not teaching actual life skills to pupils. I can’t just know something that I don’t know, you know?

And that’s kind of all I’m going to say in a public place. Any future references (and there will most likely be a lot as this is already a considerable source of distress) will be written as The Thing and be fantastically vague. It’s not that I don’t want you guys knowing what’s going on, it’s more that this can be read without even logging in to the site.

So.

That’s that.

I need to focus on my wellbeing now more than ever. What I don’t mind saying is that if this had happened to me five, six years ago I would have crumbled badly. As it is, I walked out of The Thing without spilling a tear (although I came very close…). Right now I think I’m kind of in shock. I do feel the urge to cry, but nothing is coming of it. So basically I’m throwing myself into things that I enjoy in order to boost my mood so that the fallout is not quite as bad.

Somewhat surprisingly there isn’t anyone upstairs at the moment. I hope I’m not jinxing the hell out of this by saying it, but I might actually get another early night. Last night’s sound sleep did me the world of good. I went into work happy despite knowing what was coming. I even managed to keep a good mood whilst discussing why I wasn’t eating anything on my break with one of my co-workers (she was shocked I was so blasé about not being able to afford anything, more so when I brushed it off with ‘I’m used to it’. It’s so easy to forget this isn’t actually normal…).

And the happy therapy right now seems to be working. I’ve got a couple of books by my side, Halestorm playing on YouTube, and Tumblr open in a pursuit to find picture of baby animals because cute and fluffy and happy.

Even the fact that Hellbeast has moved over to my side of the room isn’t putting a damper on things.

I intend to continue this way for the remainder of the night.

Tomorrow I have to go back to The Place to make progress with The Thing, and I know how that’s going to turn out as well…

Happy thoughts, happy thoughts.

• Like 5

I'm glad to see that despite the odds, you've kept your head up and smile brightly!

Quick question: What exactly is Hellbeast?

• Like 1

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler

16 minutes ago, Red1263 said:

I'm glad to see that despite the odds, you've kept your head up and smile brightly!

Quick question: What exactly is Hellbeast?

Hellbeast is the spider you suggested I might get to know better :P 

I figured I should give it a name first, only polite, after all!

• Like 1