iatetheyeti

1 hour ago, iatetheyeti said:

Hellbeast is the spider you suggested I might get to know better :P 

I figured I should give it a name first, only polite, after all!

spider1.png

How could this adorable creature be called 'Hellbeast' ?

• Like 2

Level 25 Final Fantasy Rebel

My Epic Quest | My Journey | Currently on the Trial of Orthos
Str: 60 | Dex: 23 | Sta: 66 | Con: 28 | Wis: 55 | Cha: 14

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler
  • Build my brother a Destiny 2 Lamp
  • Learn how to do a Handstand
  • Play 1 song on the acoustic guitar
  • Clean up the Christmas Decorations and finish setting up my apartment (hang things up, plus some other few things that need to be organized)
  • Re-introduce Pull-ups into my routine
  • Build a shelving unit next to my Desk

"No matter what, if you can hold your head up high, you've done the right thing."

"When you stand with your family, your family stands with you."

"Write what needs to be written."

6 minutes ago, Red1263 said:

spider1.png

How could this adorable creature be called 'Hellbeast' ?

I wonder, is this a Red Original that has graced my challenge?

...the reality looks more like this though:

Spoiler

Spiders3D.jpg

Not quite my type, truth be told :P 

• Like 1

"The old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.

From the ashes a fire shall be woken, a light from the shadows shall spring."

Yeti on Flickr - Facebook - Instagram

1 hour ago, iatetheyeti said:

I wonder, is this a Red Original that has graced my challenge?

...the reality looks more like this though:

Hide contents

Spiders3D.jpg

Not quite my type, truth be told :P 

Ha ha ha! No, I found it online. But I wouldn't mind drawing one for you, if you'd like. 

I'll admit if I was that guy in the picture, I'd be like, "Well $#!%."

• Like 1

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler
  • Clean up the Christmas Decorations and finish setting up my apartment (hang things up, plus some other few things that need to be organized)

"No matter what, if you can hold your head up high, you've done the right thing."

6 minutes ago, Red1263 said:

Ha ha ha! No, I found it online. But I wouldn't mind drawing one for you, if you'd like. 

I'll admit if I was that guy in the picture, I'd be like, "Well $#!%."

Heh, if you want to draw one, be my guest. Consider it a challenge, 'cause I don't think any spider image can be adorable!

...spider faces are not something you'd want to get too close to, it would seem.

• Like 1

"The old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.

Heh, if you want to draw one, be my guest. Consider it a challenge, 'cause I don't think any spider image can be adorable!

...spider faces are not something you'd want to get too close to, it would seem.

It may take me a while but, Challenge Accepted!

Sent from my SM-G925T using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler

I present to you the cutest, fluffiest, happiest picture of a spider I could find. I will put it in a spoiler in case you really don't want to look (my boss at job #2 refuses to look at spider pictures, even when they're cool and/or cute)

Cute-Jumping-Spider-arachnology-31947178

And I don't even think it's photoshopped. Even if it is, I don't care, it's still cute.

I also humbly suggest you google 'peacock spider ymca', 'cuz it's amazing.

And finally, and floofy picture of a baby red fox, my favourite animal, for your enjoyment (this time under a spoiler to save space, I promise it's not another spider).

tumblr_mu6edoD7yH1stlkgho1_1280.jpg

If you feel the need to vent about The Thing in private, my PM box is always open, and my lips are always sealed.

• Like 3

Dare mighty things

Current Challenge

Just now, obax said:

if you feel the need to vent about The Thing in private, my PM box is always open.

seconded

• Like 1

B'ker Level 1 Half-elf Ranger  STR: 3  DEX: 3  CON: 3  INT: 3  WIS: 2  CHA: 2

Bker Survives December Challenge Tracking Spreadsheet

Walking to Mordor (2019) Spreadsheet

MyFitnessPal | FitBit | Instagram

Walking to Mordor 1879.44 miles/1779 miles

Mini Challenge:  Week 1:  | Week 2:  | Week 3 | Week 4 | Week 5 |

Forth-ed (not sure If that's a real word) because I care.

• Like 1

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler

6 hours ago, obax said:

I present to you the cutest, fluffiest, happiest picture of a spider I could find. I will put it in a spoiler in case you really don't want to look (my boss at job #2 refuses to look at spider pictures, even when they're cool and/or cute)

Reveal hidden contents

Cute-Jumping-Spider-arachnology-31947178

And I don't even think it's photoshopped. Even if it is, I don't care, it's still cute.

I also humbly suggest you google 'peacock spider ymca', 'cuz it's amazing.

And finally, and floofy picture of a baby red fox, my favourite animal, for your enjoyment (this time under a spoiler to save space, I promise it's not another spider).

Reveal hidden contents

tumblr_mu6edoD7yH1stlkgho1_1280.jpg

If you feel the need to vent about The Thing in private, my PM box is always open, and my lips are always sealed.

...I will grudgingly admit that it is kinda cute, for a spider. Heh, the peacock spider ymca thing is actually hilarious. The baby fox-that-isn't-a-spider is adorable.

And thank you :) 

7 hours ago, skinNbones said:

Sorry about the Thing.

The wisdom of age: don't stop walking.

6 hours ago, bker1370 said:

seconded

5 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Thirded. I'm a chaplain IRL.

3 hours ago, Red1263 said:

Forth-ed (not sure If that's a real word) because I care.

Thank you all so much guys, I appreciate it :) 

DAILY MISSIONS

DOMESTIC: Do the follow up thing + dishes + short tidy spree

PHYSICAL: N/A

PERSONAL: Recover from the thing

BONUS MISSIONS

• UPDATE CV

• APPLY FOR JOBS

GOALS

1: Morning - 4, Evening - 3

2: Yoga - 2, BW - 3

3: Walk - 3

4: Calm - 14

HUNTING LOG

300816 - 0600-1115 W/S

I think they might be done with the machinery upstairs.

...I’ve probably jinxed it, but hey. Nothing today. Some footsteps, what I think were curtains being put up (it’s actually amazing how much I can hear from up there considering I only have one working ear…), and that was about it. In bed for 9pm with only one minor disturbance after that time.

Hopefully this continues, so even with every other issue going on I can at least get enough uninterrupted sleep.

• Like 1

Sorry to hear about The Thing, but it's great to hear that you're getting through it and not letting it freak you out :) .

I know a lot of people have said this already, but please do PM me if you need to talk.

• Like 1

Level 16 Wood Elf Ranger

STR: 4  -  CON: 1  -  CHA: 1  -  SAN: 2  -  INT: 2

IAgreeWithTank™

"Shit is going down, but I am not." - iatetheyeti

Don't say "I don't have enough time", say instead "that's not a priority right now" and see how that makes you feel.

Current Challenge: Little and Often

External: Epic Quest - Instagram - Strava

Spoiler

Previous Challenges: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54

Old Stuff: Battle Log - My Introduction - 2017 Road Map - 2018 Road Map - 2019 Road Map - 2021 Road Map

2 hours ago, Jarric said:

Sorry to hear about The Thing, but it's great to hear that you're getting through it and not letting it freak you out :) .

I know a lot of people have said this already, but please do PM me if you need to talk.

Thanks for that :) 

Honestly, I have no idea how I'm handling this so well right now.

...maybe I've finally turned into a Real Adult?

• Like 4

DAILY MISSIONS

BONUS MISSIONS

• UPDATE CV

• APPLY FOR JOBS

GOALS

1: Morning - 4, Evening - 3

2: Yoga - 2, BW - 4

4: Calm - 15

HUNTING LOG

300816 - 0600-1115 W/S

Work has me feeling some very mixed feelings today. On one hand, complete frustration. Plan changes are always a pain because it means everything is somewhere different. However this time it means there’s now a load of stuff we don’t officially stock that is still coming in with the deliveries only to be put on the reduction pile right away.

Because that’s logical.

And then… Usually on my break, no matter if it’s a short one or a long one, I find myself a small table and sit there, not really speaking to anyone unless spoken to. It’s the whole established workplace friend group thing. I don’t want to just join a table because I would genuinely feel like I was imposing, so I don’t, and until today no one has questioned that. This time, however, I was actually invited to sit with people for all of the six or so minutes I had left.

Maybe a little thing, but it was nice to feel included.

And then! I was discussing my hours situation with C, one of the petrol station folks. The hours situation is probably the most popular subject at work, alongside ‘the customer is NOT always right’. I mentioned looking for a second job, she told me about her second job, somewhere a bit of a trek away. I made a comment about being limited by how far I can get with my own two feet and she told me about the minibus pick-up/drop-off service they run. And then she told me she would be happy to have a word with her boss and see if she could get me an interview or at least considered for one as they were always looking for people. I think I may have surprised her with my very enthusiastic yeses and thank yous…

Plus I sent an application to a restaurant looking for wait staff, so right now I have two things that might work out well. Just gotta wait until I hear back from people. A job did pop up in one of the pubs, two ten hour shifts per week. I’d have gone for it, but it is one of the loudest pubs in town. I can’t hear shit in there even when someone is shouting in my ear, so I’d have no hope behind the bar! I know my limits… Now if a job opened up at one of the quieter ‘old men’ pubs I’d be sorted!

Followed up on The Thing today as well. I spoke to the same person, who I’m ever-so-creatively going to call HGE (for helpful government employee, one of the scarce few I’ve encountered!), so I didn’t have to re-explain the situation. I left that feeling a little more optimistic, although admittedly the outcome is not going to be great even if things continue to go this well.

Yay?

I do not have the patience for this confusing mess of feelings.

Plan for tonight is to eat more food. Seriously. I made broke curry (basically just rice, leftover chicken, coconut milk, a random mix of spices, and some balti past) and that turned out amazingly well. Did enough for about five or six normal people, which means I ate half of it in one sitting and I am still ravenous.

I’ll probably do another load of dishes and some more tidying, and then just chill. I’ve got a lot of walking ahead of me tomorrow as I check off more quests for The Thing. Or, y’know, try to. It’s gonna be one outcome or the other, but I’m trying not to plan too far ahead for this one. Less stress that way.

Might get to bed early tonight. Minor sawing from upstairs around lunchtime, then nothing but footsteps and doors and the odd shuffling noise or two. We’ll see.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, iatetheyeti said:

And then… Usually on my break, no matter if it’s a short one or a long one, I find myself a small table and sit there, not really speaking to anyone unless spoken to.

I do the same thing, only for me I don't mind. I am usually on my tablet checking the forums :)

I’d be sorted!

As a silly Yank, let me say that I love it any time I hear/see this because I think of the book Going Grey by one of my favorite authors, Karen Traviss. The former Royal Marine uses it a lot.

It’s gonna be one outcome or the other, but I’m trying not to plan too far ahead for this one. Less stress that way

Good plan. Only think about that which you can control. 

• Like 1

Level 8 Expert in Obscure Details

Challenges: 1 : 234 : 5 : 6The Martian

8 hours ago, WorldSparrow said:

I do the same thing, only for me I don't mind. I am usually on my tablet checking the forums :)

As a silly Yank, let me say that I love it any time I hear/see this because I think of the book Going Grey by one of my favorite authors, Karen Traviss. The former Royal Marine uses it a lot.

Good plan. Only think about that which you can control. 

I don't usually mind either. If it's a longer break I always take a book, and if it's a shorter break then I either browse the forums or hope onto the Sidetracked Magazine site and do some reading from there.

Funny you should say that, because that's one of the phrases I picked up from my former Royal Marine father...

• Like 1

DAILY MISSIONS

BONUS MISSIONS

• UPDATE CV

• APPLY FOR JOBS

GOALS

1: Morning - 5, Evening - 4

4: Calm - 16

HUNTING LOG

310816 - FREE DAY

Day has dawned and the weather is not nice. I’m hoping I only have to make a trip into town, but there’s a small chance I’m going to have to traipse out to a slightly further away location. I’m thinking of these trips as information gathering quests for The Thing. It’s easier that way.

Other than that, I don’t have much planned. I’m going to do some domestic rangering, catch up on here, and I’d like to watch a film later on this evening though I don’t know what just yet. Might do some yoga if the cramps calm themselves down. I know exercise helps and all, but when they’re this bad not much helps. Walking yes, but I don’t want to do that any more than I have to while the weather is crappy.

...and I’ve lost Hellbeast.

I’m slightly worried that it’s gonna just jump out at me from somewhere.

• Like 3

I'm sure Hellbeast has just left to terrorise someone else. Well, either that or he's gone to buy you flowers :P

• Like 2

Level 16 Wood Elf Ranger

IAgreeWithTank™

Don't say "I don't have enough time", say instead "that's not a priority right now" and see how that makes you feel.

Spoiler

Previous Challenges: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54

Old Stuff: Battle Log - My Introduction - 2017 Road Map - 2018 Road Map - 2019 Road Map - 2021 Road Map

Whatever The Thing is, I hope it's all sorted soon. I totally agree with you on education not teaching you the real life stuff. I moved out of home at 18 and knew absolutely nothing about looking after myself. How hard would it be for schools to teach young people how to budget and do other grown up things?

How to deal with Hellbeast if it reappears:

Find the biggest glass you have, place it over Hellbeast while screaming internally

Slide a piece of cardboard under the rim of the glass while repeating " I can do this, I can do this"

Take the glass outside as quickly as possible, do not take your eyes off Hellbeast in case it does a Houdini out of the glass. They are tricky little bastards.

Place the glass on some grass with the cardboard on the bottom - grass is important for the next bit

Kick the glass over and run like hell back indoors (see, the grass stops the glass from smashing)*

Wait for a little while and go and retrieve your glass. Check your surroundings in case Hellbeast is hiding somewhere and tries to hitch a lift back inside.

Drink to your victory over the Hellbeast and to prevent the nightmares of the Hellbeast getting it's revenge.**

* beware! kicking too hard may cause injury, or launch the Hellbeast into the air and then into your hair.

** Can you tell I'm severely arachnophobic?

• Like 3

Current: Assassins / Instagram

Previous: 1, 234, 5, 678910, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44

2020 Races: 
CANCELLED! Spartan Trifecta: Beast: 18-APR / Super :11-JUL / Sprint: 12-JUL

Summer Nuts: 5/6-SEPT / Nuclear Blast: 12-SEPT / Nuclear team race: 04-OCT 

"You have the heart of a Rebel"

"I'll take that as a compliment"

4 hours ago, Jarric said:

I'm sure Hellbeast has just left to terrorise someone else. Well, either that or he's gone to buy you flowers :P

Heh, hopefully he's gone for good. Although I can't say I'd object to flowers. No one has ever bought me flowers before.

2 hours ago, Charlie_Quinn said:

Whatever The Thing is, I hope it's all sorted soon. I totally agree with you on education not teaching you the real life stuff. I moved out of home at 18 and knew absolutely nothing about looking after myself. How hard would it be for schools to teach young people how to budget and do other grown up things?

How to deal with Hellbeast if it reappears:

Find the biggest glass you have, place it over Hellbeast while screaming internally

Slide a piece of cardboard under the rim of the glass while repeating " I can do this, I can do this"

Take the glass outside as quickly as possible, do not take your eyes off Hellbeast in case it does a Houdini out of the glass. They are tricky little bastards.

Place the glass on some grass with the cardboard on the bottom - grass is important for the next bit

Kick the glass over and run like hell back indoors (see, the grass stops the glass from smashing)*

Wait for a little while and go and retrieve your glass. Check your surroundings in case Hellbeast is hiding somewhere and tries to hitch a lift back inside.

Drink to your victory over the Hellbeast and to prevent the nightmares of the Hellbeast getting it's revenge.**

* beware! kicking too hard may cause injury, or launch the Hellbeast into the air and then into your hair.

** Can you tell I'm severely arachnophobic?

Honestly, it's unlikely to be sorted any time soon. Maybe by the end of next year, if I'm lucky. I've done all I can on my end for now, I've just got to wait for some things to be processed and for them to get back to me on what my next steps should be.

I think the education system seems to be under the impressions that parents will teach that sort of thing. They don't. Or rather, mine didn't. I mean, sure, I could run a small business in my sleep thanks to them, but as for actually surviving in the real world? Everything I learned, I learned it from doing it wrong first...

Heh, that's pretty similar to the protocol I practice whenever they're somewhere catchable. Except I destroy rather than release.

...did the spider in the hair thing actually happen to you?! That's horrifying on a whole other level!

DAILY MISSIONS

BONUS MISSIONS

• UPDATE CV

• APPLY FOR JOBS

GOALS

3: Walk - 4

4: Calm - 16

HUNTING LOG

310816 - FREE DAY

So guessed who walked about in the pissing rain for two hours when they didn’t need to?

That’s right.

My quest for information ran into two different dead ends, and when I returned to HQ to discuss my options one of the HGEs asked “Well what about [extremely simple thing I’d had with me the entire time]?”

And that was that.

First round of paperwork is over, and now the waiting begins.

Plus they haven’t finished the renovations upstairs if the renewed hammering is anything to go by. The only difference now is that I think someone is actually living up there. And It sounds an awful lot like there is once more a TV in the room above my bedroom.

Essentially, I’m getting nothing else productive done tonight, I’m in a crappy mood, I’m exhausted, and I just want things to start going right.  

• Like 1

Sorry you're having a crappy day, but at least you've done everything your can on the Thing, so it's moving forward for you. And think of how good for you all that walking was; the rain just builds character :P .

Seriously though, I hope these help

VA03207lg.jpg

• Like 1

Level 16 Wood Elf Ranger

IAgreeWithTank™

Spoiler

10 hours ago, Jarric said:

Sorry you're having a crappy day, but at least you've done everything your can on the Thing, so it's moving forward for you. And think of how good for you all that walking was; the rain just builds character :P .

Seriously though, I hope these help

VA03207lg.jpg

This is true, I'm trying to remember to keep myself focused on the positives. Even if they prove small, they're still good things and still should be focused on above every crappy thing happening. And you're right about the character building! Usually I like walking in the rain, but I guess I need to be in a good mood before I start...

Aww, thanks. That would make you the first person to get me flowers (virtual kind still counts!)

• Like 1

DAILY MISSIONS

DOMESTIC: Clean everything + dishes

PHYSICAL: Bar hang practice, Pomodoro style

PERSONAL: Prepare for interview, get through interview, recover from interview

BONUS MISSIONS

• UPDATE CV

• APPLY FOR JOBS

GOALS

3: Walk - 4

4: Calm - 17

HUNTING LOG

010916 - FREE DAY

Does someone want to tell me how in the hell it’s September already?

Bleh. Time. Move fast. No fair.

So this morning my alarm went off at 8:30am, and me, still being in a crappy mood, switched it off and decided I was staying in bed forever more.

Half an hour later my phone goes off again, this time with a call from one of the numbers I’d saved from the places I’d applied to. Turns out to be the manager of the hotel/restaurant about ten minutes from me. Wants to know if I’ll come in for an interview this morning. I panic, knowing I’m a horrible sweaty state, and tell him I’m only available after 1pm. He says it’s fine, just to turn up any time after 1pm, go to reception, and ask for him.

After we hung up I flew from the bed to the shower. Seriously. I don’t think my feet even touched the floor.

...that’s one of the things about depression that I don’t see many folks talking about. Distasteful though it may be, personal hygiene ceases to become a priority. Luckily for me, I’ve built a routine around work so I never turn up there unwashed and stinking, but taking care of myself on my days off can actually be quite a struggle sometimes. Hence my mad rush to clean up today. Sure, I’m probably still going to turn up there with damp hair (I have a lot of hair which takes forever to dry and do not own a hairdryer), but it’s better than turning up with greasy hair and a lovely, fresh aroma of BO.

So that’s taken care of. I’ve only consumed one cup of coffee to ward off a headache, and thanks to scraping my pockets yesterday, I have some bread and eggs, so I’ll be able to have a quick bite to eat before I go in so that my stomach will not be talking over me.

I’m actually terrified. Funny thing though, because I’m reasonably well prepared and kind of optimistic. But hey, we’ll just have to see how it goes.

• Like 1