Oh hai guys!  

Kinda fell of the face of NF for a while there, but I’m back :)

nZrjRaYO4sj8XDjYlDxVr-x3P4E-wiWM054Pj0DU

Intro

The time I’ve been away has allowed me the room to do some much needed reflection and truly figure out where I need to put my focus. I’ve been dealing with some pretty severe waves of depression and anxiety for the better part of a year now, and especially since the start of 2016. There are definitely good days and weeks, sometimes even a month or more, but overall it’s affected just about everything I do in the real world - from work to socializing to diet and exercise. That’s where this challenge comes in - and I’m so ready to be back! (Plus, I really missed you all!!)

The general focus/goal for this challenge is self care: something I thought I had been doing, but in which I’m actually quite lacking. I’ve touched on the below goals in some shape or form throughout my previous challenges, but not so much as a way of caring for myself. They always felt like things I was just supposed to do or be doing as an adult. In keeping with the self care, this challenge is going to be kept pretty relaxed as to not add additional stress, but structured enough that it shouldn’t be a problem getting everything done. Now, on to the goals!

• Like 3

Cyborg/Badass (Ranger)

Current Challenge: RuthixCube trains for a 5k - pt 1

Previous: Reboot12

"I am Iron and I forge myself."

Goals

Ever since Pokemon Go came out I’ve been a little...Pokemon obsessed, you could say. I upgraded to the 20th Anniversary Pokemon New 3DS; picked up a GBA and link cable (so my friend and I can battle and trade); found copies of Pokemon Fire Red, Leaf Green, Emerald, Sapphire, and Ruby for the GBA, as well as have the downloads for Red and Blue that came preloaded on the 3DS. I also have my digital copy of Pokemon X that I purchased when it came out (I have a hard copy of White somewhere too….). I actually never played the games between Generation 2 (Silver/Gold) and Generation 5 (White/Black), but all the Pokemon hype has made me interested. Currently, I’m at various levels of completion in Red, Fire Red, and X.

Considering all this, and my first post, you can probably guess what the theme is for this challenge. I still have the Division challenges in my back pocket for later use, but those will have to be worked up to. With my respawn in mind, a fresh theme felt like a good idea.

TM33 - Reflect

zBfUCL4psUHX3HiDCRunDMX6R49m1ujaeaNZH6Ss

Instead of raising my defenses or putting up a wall, I’m going to be dropping them. Every night, as part of my bedtime routine, I am to reflect on the day via a journal entry. Doesn’t matter if it’s multiple pages or one sentence as long as it’s done. Even if it’s as simple as a bullet point list of the day’s events or of whatever happens to be plaguing my mind that day, it goes on paper. I have a mostly empty journal I can use for this, and it’s home will be the shelf right next to my bed so that there is no excuse.

TM42 - Dream Eater

mdjsqA93IQAFtTy8HOODzDIYtWMSQndvEQ-b4KGW

When it comes to nutrition and diet, I get overwhelmed quickly because I often try to do too much at once. Either that or I overthink it, which therefore leads to feeling overwhelmed. It always leads to me falling back into my old, bad habits. So, if I want to change what I eat, I first need to focus on how I eat. For this reason, I am going to follow the KISS principle - Keep It Simple, Stupid. Here’s how:

• No food restrictions (yet)

• Log everything I eat in YouFood (previously TwoGrand), as opposed to MFP. It allows me to review what I’m eating without stressing over calories

• Practice mindful eating (stop eating when I’m full; slow down when I eat; give cravings 15min; drink more water; etc)

I started using YouFood on 8/8, and have been able to keep it up thus far. I’m curious to see how things change over time.

TM44 - Rest

W4Ei9m7KxRPoG-Irug9acAWBVNmFePtWKHp0ipNv

Sleep is one of those things that I’ve never made a priority. On average I get 5-6 hours of sleep per night, sometimes more, sometimes less. I often wake up groggy and not feeling well rested. I’ve collected all the sleep-hacking underpants, and failed at the few attempts I’ve made to make this a long term habit in the past. Clearly, it’s going to take more discipline than I’ve put in on previous attempts. So, similar to my diet, I’m going to start with the basics in order to build the foundation of this habit.

• Keep to a sleep schedule (Work: bed latest @ 11:30p, wake up at 5:30a; Weekend: wake up @ 7:30a)

• Use f.lux on my computer and a similar app on my phone as an aid

• Upon waking, go for a brief walk (5-15min) to get the blood flowing.

Once I’m able to make this a habit, I can start working on shifting my bed and/or wake up times.

HM04 - Strength

fQc72W_FjInW61B-CfKNfaExvQ3nTBtDgpPaqTdw

Fitness is not going to be at the forefront of this challenge, but I’m throwing it in here anyway.

• I’ve slacked off with crossfit the last 2 months, but I’ve talked with my coach and I’m getting back on board with 3-4 WODs per week. Starting in September, I’m aiming to go to CF 15x per month in order to begin the process of earning that damn kettlebell I’ve been wanting since they rolled out the program. I’ll have to keep to a more strict schedule of at least 4x/wk once the month starts (feel free to get on my case about it).

• As mentioned above, I would like to take a brief daily walk as soon as I wake up. Part of this is to get up and moving more during the day. It’s also a refreshing way to wake up a bit before proceeding with the rest of my day. (Who are we kidding, I really just want more Pokemon Go time :P)

• Practice yoga 1x per week. Eventually I’d like to build this into a regular exercise, but for now it’s a way to wind down at the end of the week.

• Like 4

Cyborg/Badass (Ranger)

Point System

Ultimately, the goal is to hit all of these 100%. In going with the more ‘relaxed’ feel, I’m going to say that so long as I hit 80% of each goal (except for yoga), it’s a total win. As far as tracking, I’m going to do it on both physical paper and digitally. This way, no matter where I am or what I’m doing, I don’t have any excuse not to track. I’ll have to get my Bullet Journal up to date during zero week so I can track it there. As always, I will add a link to my tracker once I have it complete.

TM33:

80-100% = 4 WIS/ 3 CHA

60-80% = 3.2 WIS/ 2.4 CHA

40-60% = 2.4 WIS/ 1.8 CHA

20-40% = 1.6 WIS/ 1.2 CHA

0-20% = .8 WIS/.6 CH

TM42:

80-100% = 4 CON

60-80% = 3.2 CON

40-60% = 2.4 CON

20-40% = 1.6 CON

0-20% =.8 CON

TM44:

80-100% = 4 STA

60-80% = 3.2 STA

40-60% = 2.4 STA

20-40% = 1.6 STA

0-20% =.8 STA

HM04:

CF:

80-100% = 1 STR

60-80% = .8 STR

40-60% = .6 STR

20-40% = .4 STR

0-20% =.2 STR

Walk:

80-100%  = 1 STR

60-80% = .8 STR

40-60% = .6 STR

20-40% = .4 STR

0-20% =.2 STR

Yoga:

100% = 1 DEX

75% = .7 DEX

50% = .5 DEX

25% = .2 DEX

• Like 2

Cyborg/Badass (Ranger)

Following.

• Like 1

Current Challenge Original 1,2,3, R 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30,31,32,33,34,35,36,37,38,39,40,41,42,43,44,45,46,47,48,49,50,51

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

So glad you're back, Ruthie! This looks like a great challenge to come back and blow us all away with :) 

W0lf

• Like 1

Wild Wolf- LEVEL 2 (but probably more like lvl 50 if I didn't respawn so much)

Class: Howler/ Height: 6'2 / Weight: 192#

Stats: MIGHT: 12 / CONSTITUTION: 9 / DEXTERITY: 11 / PERCEPTION: 10 / INTELLECT: 9 / RESOLVE: 13

Instagram: @ryanwolfbell / Facebook: Ryan Wolf Bell / Bible App (YouVersion) Ryan Wolf Bell

Current Challenge: Omnis Vir Lupus

Spoiler

Last Challenge(s): 1/2/3/4/5/6/7/8/9/10/11/12/13/14/15/16

Unchained Predator Saga: 1

Epic Challenges: Welcome to the Fireteam & Wolfpool 

Know, O prince, that once the sun burns out and the earth's core becomes solid and cold, there will come a man to provide the endless energy needed to sustain life and for the planets to keep moving. He is the source of light and the warmth of hope back into the hearts of humanity...." - Dark_Raider

A wolf rises in my heart; against my darkness; against my demons; against my despair. I DECLARE WAR!

Romans 8:28 (CSB) We know that all things work together for the good of those who love God, who are called according to His purpose.

Following along :D

I was sitting here, reading through, pretty much nodding and agreeing to everything... Seems like we've got some similar things going on! I love how you set this up (yay Pokemon!) and I looked forward to seeing how everything plays out for you.

• Like 2

"The old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.

From the ashes a fire shall be woken, a light from the shadows shall spring."

Yeti on Flickr - Facebook - Instagram

I'm glad you're back!  I'm trying to tackle some very similar sleep and anxiety issues this challenge, too, and I'll admit that I'm another Pokemon GO junkie. :)  I hope everything works out for you.  

• Like 2

Level 30? who the hell knows anymore? Direwolf Assassin/Ranger - current challenge

ACL rehab thread      2016 parkour

My tutorials:

handbalancing: crow, flying crow, side crow, crow->headstand->crow  Bo staff: strikes 1 2 3, spins 1 2

4 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Following.

Yay! Hi, Tank :)

4 hours ago, Wild Wolf said:

So glad you're back, Ruthie! This looks like a great challenge to come back and blow us all away with :) 

W0lf

Thanks, me too! I hope it is, keeping things chill and simple for a little while.

4 hours ago, iatetheyeti said:

Following along :D

I was sitting here, reading through, pretty much nodding and agreeing to everything... Seems like we've got some similar things going on! I love how you set this up (yay Pokemon!) and I looked forward to seeing how everything plays out for you.

Hi, Yeti! Glad to have you along.

After a look at your challenge, I can see why. Thanks! I look forward to following along in your challenge as well :) 

2 hours ago, Terra said:

So happy to see you back for this challenge!!!  

Thanks, Terra! I'm glad to be back!

1 hour ago, Nymeria said:

I'm glad you're back!  I'm trying to tackle some very similar sleep and anxiety issues this challenge, too, and I'll admit that I'm another Pokemon GO junkie. :)  I hope everything works out for you.  

Thanks, me too! Pokémon Go has been great. I was pretty obsessive with it when it first came out, but I have toned down quite a bit. I've been keeping to shorter walks and excursions, though there are a few places I still need to hit that are hot spots for a lot of pokemon.

I'm going to have to go check out your challenge as well. I can't wait to see how it goes :)

• Like 4

Cyborg/Badass (Ranger)

I just realized that I completely forgot to include something very big that is going on in the middle of September. Long story short, my sister took an internship for the next year in Omaha, Nebraska. Seeing as she wants to take her car, I agreed to make the drive out with her (mostly so that my parents can somewhat relax, and so that she doesn't do anything stupid. Alone lol). From where my mom lives in Masachusetts (because I live way down near the coastline), this is going to be at least a 22.5hr road trip (not including traffic and anything else that may happen). She wants to do it over a weekend (Sept 10-11), while I would prefer leaving one day prior at least in order to leave a little wiggle room for:

- traffic (rush hour, accidents, etc)

- so we don't exhaust ourselves

- and maybe one or two quick sight seeing stops along the way

Edit: After some discussion, she agreed to leave on Friday the 9th. We'll be stopping somewhere around Erie, PA the first night, and around Illinois/Iowa border the second night. This will make Saturday the longest day, but will give us way more time on Sunday to get her moved in and do some city exploration. I've started creating an agenda on roadtrippers.com of places we could stay and things we can see that are close to the route.

In any case, she has to be there by Sept 12 because she starts work that day, meaning we have to leave sometime around the 9th (give or take a day). I will then have to get a flight home on the 12th and be back at work on the 13th. I'm going to be so exhausted, but these are the only foreseeable days when I wouldn't be able to hit all of my goals. Nevertheless, I'm pretty excited about seeing parts of the country I've never been to before! Even if we're only driving through it...

• Like 4

Cyborg/Badass (Ranger)

9 hours ago, RuthixCube said:

Considering all this, and my first post, you can probably guess what the theme is for this challenge...

Download%20Digimon%20Episodes%20and%20Mo   ??

• Like 3

[ Level ?? ] Thunderbro Maximus of the Thunderlords Legion

BRUTALITY 13 | FINESSE 12 | GRIT 13  | INSIGHT 15 | MOXIE 13

Challenges1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36

"Rangers have to at least give up on pants. It's a special rule we enacted after Rurik became a Guild Leader.” – DarK_RaideR.

"Did I just get my ass kicked by a member of Metallica meets History Channel's Vikings?" - Wolfpool.

"By the Well-Oiled-and-Meticulously-Groomed Beard of Rurik!" - Tanktimus the Encourager.

Welcome back!  I like your focus on self care...

And Omaha!  That's where I am.  . If you need anything while you're here I'll be happy to help you out. :)

• Like 2

Race: Amazonian Ogre Princess | Class: Ranger | Profession: SuperHero

Level: 19 Ranger | STR 36 | DEX 29 | STA  35 | CON  43 | WIS 35 | CHA 23|

Spoiler

Epic Quest Avatar Lifting profile | D&D Character Sheet

Accountibillibuddies: Doodlies setting the world alight

Roadmaps: 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2019 | 2020 | 2021

I am not saying I am Wonder Woman. I am just saying no one has ever seen me and Wonder Woman together in the same room.

Current Challenge: Shello Finally Fitnesses (sort of) and does some other things

Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 789, 10, 11, 12 , 131415, 1617181920, 21, 2223242526272829303132, 33, 3435, 36??

Starting weight = 290.4; Current weight = 269; Total pounds lost: 21.4

8 minutes ago, RuthixCube said:

HOW DID YOU GUESS??!!

That theme is absolutely fucking terrible.

Allow me to assist in cleansing our collective auditory canals of that heresy!

Wow, blonde dreadlocks are amazing.

• Like 3

[ Level ?? ] Thunderbro Maximus of the Thunderlords Legion

BRUTALITY 13 | FINESSE 12 | GRIT 13  | INSIGHT 15 | MOXIE 13

Challenges1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36

"Rangers have to at least give up on pants. It's a special rule we enacted after Rurik became a Guild Leader.” – DarK_RaideR.

"Did I just get my ass kicked by a member of Metallica meets History Channel's Vikings?" - Wolfpool.

"By the Well-Oiled-and-Meticulously-Groomed Beard of Rurik!" - Tanktimus the Encourager.

1 hour ago, LadyShello said:

Welcome back!  I like your focus on self care...

And Omaha!  That's where I am.  . If you need anything while you're here I'll be happy to help you out. :)

Thanks! :)

Oh awesome! I just figured out the basic plan after talking to her, and we agreed to do it over 3 days. We'll have most of Sunday to check out the city together before she has to drop me off at my hotel. Any suggestions on things we can check out?

1 hour ago, Rurik Harrgath said:

That theme is absolutely fucking terrible.

Allow me to assist in cleansing our collective auditory canals of that heresy!

Wow, blonde dreadlocks are amazing.

It really is one of the worst fucking themes I've ever heard. That Pokémon theme, on the other hand, is amazing. I need to download it onto my phone.

• Like 1

Cyborg/Badass (Ranger)

11 minutes ago, RuthixCube said:

Thanks! :)

Oh awesome! I just figured out the basic plan after talking to her, and we agreed to do it over 3 days. We'll have most of Sunday to check out the city together before she has to drop me off at my hotel. Any suggestions on things we can check out?

Things to do depends on what types of things you want to do and how much time you have.  The zoo is pretty amazing.  If you want a place to walk around there is Heartland Park where you can walk around the lake, take a gondola ride around the fountain, and the Old Market downtown area is close to that as well.  There is a castle you can tour or Fort Crook Dodge house if you like history.   

• Like 2

Spoiler

I am not saying I am Wonder Woman. I am just saying no one has ever seen me and Wonder Woman together in the same room.

Current Challenge: Shello Finally Fitnesses (sort of) and does some other things

Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 789, 10, 11, 12 , 131415, 1617181920, 21, 2223242526272829303132, 33, 3435, 36??

9 hours ago, LadyShello said:

Things to do depends on what types of things you want to do and how much time you have.  The zoo is pretty amazing.  If you want a place to walk around there is Heartland Park where you can walk around the lake, take a gondola ride around the fountain, and the Old Market downtown area is close to that as well.  There is a castle you can tour or Fort Crook Dodge house if you like history.   

Awesome, thanks! I will definitely bring up the park and zoo when I talk to her next, I think both of those could be fun. Any restaurants or other foodie places you'd recommend? We will be in Omaha for most of Sunday (probably 12pm on), so lunch and dinner will definitely be on the menu.

Cyborg/Badass (Ranger)

The road trip will be some good bonding time for the two of y'all and in the end, you'll probably get to meet Shello! How swanky! 

10 hours ago, RuthixCube said:

It really is one of the worst fucking themes I've ever heard. That Pokémon theme, on the other hand, is amazing. I need to download it onto my phone.

Yeah, I remember that theme song... *shudders*. However, I did enjoy me some Digimon back in the day. But nothing had a handle on my obsessions when I was younger like Pokemon. The cards, the show., the gameboy...

hqdefault.jpg

Nostalgia! 

W0lf

• Like 1

Wild Wolf- LEVEL 2 (but probably more like lvl 50 if I didn't respawn so much)

Class: Howler/ Height: 6'2 / Weight: 192#

Stats: MIGHT: 12 / CONSTITUTION: 9 / DEXTERITY: 11 / PERCEPTION: 10 / INTELLECT: 9 / RESOLVE: 13

Instagram: @ryanwolfbell / Facebook: Ryan Wolf Bell / Bible App (YouVersion) Ryan Wolf Bell

Current Challenge: Omnis Vir Lupus

Spoiler

Last Challenge(s): 1/2/3/4/5/6/7/8/9/10/11/12/13/14/15/16

Unchained Predator Saga: 1

Epic Challenges: Welcome to the Fireteam & Wolfpool 

Know, O prince, that once the sun burns out and the earth's core becomes solid and cold, there will come a man to provide the endless energy needed to sustain life and for the planets to keep moving. He is the source of light and the warmth of hope back into the hearts of humanity...." - Dark_Raider

A wolf rises in my heart; against my darkness; against my demons; against my despair. I DECLARE WAR!

Romans 8:28 (CSB) We know that all things work together for the good of those who love God, who are called according to His purpose.

34 minutes ago, RuthixCube said:

Awesome, thanks! I will definitely bring up the park and zoo when I talk to her next, I think both of those could be fun. Any restaurants or other foodie places you'd recommend? We will be in Omaha for most of Sunday (probably 12pm on), so lunch and dinner will definitely be on the menu.

There's a ton of places.  There are some nice places downtown in the Old Market so you might just happen across someplace you'll like down there.  There's a huge variety to pick from.  Another great place is Pitch coal fired pizza place or Voodoo taco

• Like 1

Spoiler

17 minutes ago, Wild Wolf said:

The road trip will be some good bonding time for the two of y'all and in the end, you'll probably get to meet Shello! How swanky! 

Yeah, I remember that theme song... *shudders*. However, I did enjoy me some Digimon back in the day. But nothing had a handle on my obsessions when I was younger like Pokemon. The cards, the show., the gameboy...

hqdefault.jpg

Nostalgia! 

W0lf

The road trip should definitely be some good bonding time, and we get along pretty well for the most part haha. I spent most of last night on roadtrippers checking out quick things to stop and see or drive past along the route we'll be on. I gave her access, so she can add and remove as she sees fit. Overall, it should be a good experience for both of us.

I watched a fair bit of Digimon as well, it just happened to be on when I watched cartoons so I got into it. Pokémon was definitely the winner, though. I didn't own anything Digimon like I did Pokémon. I couldn't get into the card game, but we had pretty much everything else.

• Like 1

Cyborg/Badass (Ranger)

5 minutes ago, LadyShello said:

There's a ton of places.  There are some nice places downtown in the Old Market so you might just happen across someplace you'll like down there.  There's a huge variety to pick from.  Another great place is Pitch coal fired pizza place or Voodoo taco

Ooo I want to go to Voodoo Taco. It looks so good! We'll be doing a lot of walking around, so I'm sure we'll find something outside of that. Thanks for all the suggestions, I really appreciate it! If you'll be around and up to it, you're welcome to join us in our adventuring :) 

• Like 1

Cyborg/Badass (Ranger)

3 minutes ago, RuthixCube said:

Ooo I want to go to Voodoo Taco. It looks so good! We'll be doing a lot of walking around, so I'm sure we'll find something outside of that. Thanks for all the suggestions, I really appreciate it! If you'll be around and up to it, you're welcome to join us in our adventuring :) 

That sounds awesome.  Remind me when it gets closer and I'll see if I will have time that day.  It's always great to meet up with another rebel. :)

• Like 1

Spoiler

SO GLAD to see you back!!!  So sorry you've had such a bad year :[  I'm really happy to hear you're so ready to start to gently get back to some goals and structure. 

Also, I'm really jealous of your pokemon action right now.  I've been trying to find my Gameboy color for ages! I still have the games, but my Gameboy is mysteriously missing... an emulator my tablet might just have to be in order.

• Like 2