6 hours ago, Raxie said:

raw

O.M.G    

tumblr_inline_moc8poKXA01qz4rgp.gif

3 hours ago, shaarawy said:

YESSSS YES PERFECT, BIRCH trees, yes, all of this!  AND clam chowder!!  I think we will be getting fresh chowdah one day.........

Go big or go home, right TX?

I kinda wish we were going in more fall-weather - it's still in the 80's up there!!  I wonder if we'll get to see some leaves, they're spectacular.  YEE HAW VERMONT!!

It's a big change!!  You can do it!! <3

Lots of old classic architecture *_______*  I visited a library in Bolton MA last year that looks like it is STRAIGHT out of Lord of the Rings... I was on my way to somewhere else and drove past it, immediately stopped, turned around, and went back!  SO COOL.  I have some photos of it somewhere!!

Here are a few photos I found on the internets: (spoilered for size)

Reveal hidden contents

IMG_8181.JPG

IMG_8178.JPG

Bolton%20Library.JPG

Like.... can I just sit in there all day on a snowy day with hot cocoa by the fire and read?!!?!?!!  GOALS

Yeah I'm definitely missing peak season. :(  (Last year's collage is at the bottom of this post~)  We have lots of old coastal ports and fishing and boats though!!

LobSTAHS

*buzzer noise*

Don't be sad about the tea, it's just Lipton, no one likes that crap anyway. :)

OMFG where did this come from.  Each time I look at it I see some different bit of absurdity and it is MARVELOUS

THANK YOU EVERYONE!!!!  Big big big big big help. <333333333  Here's a some photos from last year's fall visit!

Absolutely gorgeous. 

I think of architecture as well, churches, old schools, old houses.....

• Like 2

Level -20 Zombie Princess

"The only way to lose is to give up."

-Tanktimus the Encourager

"You can't beat someone that refuses to give up."

-Björn Járnhamar

Spoiler

16 hours ago, Maigahane said:

I want to go to that library!! That's seriously awesome :)

Isn't it so cool?!  I couldn't believe I just stumbled upon it!!

14 hours ago, Shadri said:

*jaw hits floor*

I need to visit the east coast sometime!!! Egads that's gorgeous!!!!! <3

It's so quaint and cozy in the right places; check it out in the fall, you won't regret it! *_*

13 hours ago, Rinna said:

O.M.G    

tumblr_inline_moc8poKXA01qz4rgp.gif

Absolutely gorgeous. 

I think of architecture as well, churches, old schools, old houses.....

NINE BEST DOCTOR <333333

Yessss churches and stuff!  Old farmhouses converted into schools, GOSH, ok you guys are raising my hype level for this trip x 100!! XD

Zero Week Updates

Man I'm having a really hard time getting a handle on this week!!  Glad the challenge hasn't officially started yet!  It's been stressy-busy at work, I'm worn out, and my sleep schedule is HELLA suffering. Last night I woke up FIVE TIMES in the middle of the night and couldn't get back to sleep... honestly now!!!

tumblr_m7qfl3obvD1r7oz6ao1_500_large.gif

^ literally me all week this week

I've pushed my second lifting day to tomorrow because today I woke up fatigued and also have a work dinner after work so it's gonna be a long one........ I'll need all the strength I can get to push through and stay in the world of the living.

Looking forward to REAL SLEEP this weekend GOSH.  I rarely have problems sleeping, I could probably sleep on command if I had to, but I think I'm still recovering from the past week or so of serious upheaval and getting back into my groove.  I take a long time to recover from stuff.  I know this, too... but... UGHGGHGGHG

Also I am SO READY for fall.  This humidity can go annyyttiimmeee now!!!

• Like 4

i am not waiting for a hero.  i saved myself long ago.

Level 56 Bardic Time-Mage; of the Furious Heart

STR.55  DEX.43 STA.48 CON.51 WIS.53 CHA.65

"Well...in the end, it boils down to two simple choices. Either you do or you don't.

You'd think with all the problems in this world, there'd be more answers. It's not fair...
...But that's the way things are. The choice is yours."

16 hours ago, shaarawy said:

YESSSS YES PERFECT, BIRCH trees, yes, all of this!  AND clam chowder!!  I think we will be getting fresh chowdah one day.........

I freaking love New England. My favourite forests are there :D

16 hours ago, shaarawy said:

OMFG where did this come from.  Each time I look at it I see some different bit of absurdity and it is MARVELOUS

Hahahah oh the internet. I actually only just noticed the dancing statue of liberty haha

3 minutes ago, shaarawy said:

Looking forward to REAL SLEEP this weekend GOSH.  I rarely have problems sleeping, I could probably sleep on command if I had to, but I think I'm still recovering from the past week or so of serious upheaval and getting back into my groove.  I take a long time to recover from stuff.  I know this, too... but... UGHGGHGGHG

Oof hope you are able to get back to a normal sleep schedule.  Sleeping is soooo tough after rough stuff like you've been going through :[  Hopefully getting in some more lifting will help knock you out.

2 minutes ago, shaarawy said:

I've pushed my second lifting day to tomorrow because today I woke up fatigued and also have a work dinner after work so it's gonna be a long one........ I'll need all the strength I can get to push through and stay in the world of the living.

Shaarawy sounds so grown up right now! You're recognizing when you're tired and adjusting..the TRUE way of the Ranger :) I hope you get that much needed rest!

W0lf

• Like 1

Wild Wolf

Class: Vigilante/ Height: 6'2 / Weight: 178#

Instagram: @ryanwolfbell / Facebook: Ryan Wolf Bell / Bible App (YouVersion) Ryan Wolf Bell

Current Challenge: Gotham Project Pt. 2

Spoiler

Last Challenge(s): 1/2/3/4/5/6/7/8/9/10/11/12/13/14/15/16

Epic Challenges: Welcome to the Fireteam & Wolfpool 

Gotham Project: 1

Know, O prince, that once the sun burns out and the earth's core becomes solid and cold, there will come a man to provide the endless energy needed to sustain life and for the planets to keep moving. He is the source of light and the warmth of hope back into the hearts of humanity...." - Dark_Raider

A wolf rises in my heart; against my darkness; against my demons; against my despair. I DECLARE WAR!

Romans 8:28 (CSB) We know that all things work together for the good of those who love God, who are called according to His purpose.

11 minutes ago, Raxie said:

I freaking love New England. My favourite forests are there :D

Hahahah oh the internet. I actually only just noticed the dancing statue of liberty haha

Oof hope you are able to get back to a normal sleep schedule.  Sleeping is soooo tough after rough stuff like you've been going through :[  Hopefully getting in some more lifting will help knock you out.

BEST FORESTS EVER!!!  Well, I hear the Pacific NorthWest has some pretty awesome ones too!

BLINGEE FTW

You're totally right, lifting helps me sleep like a baby... so close to a normal schedule again.... so.... close..............

9 minutes ago, Wild Wolf said:

Shaarawy sounds so grown up right now! You're recognizing when you're tired and adjusting..the TRUE way of the Ranger :) I hope you get that much needed rest!

W0lf

UGGHhhHHHhhhHH BUT I WANNA do all the THINGS

*sits sadly in her chair internally shrieking and kicking her feet*

;_;

• Like 1

"Well...in the end, it boils down to two simple choices. Either you do or you don't.

You'd think with all the problems in this world, there'd be more answers. It's not fair...

5 hours ago, Big_Show said:

Hope you feel more rested soon! One more day until the weekend, just hang in there...

I have slept for 10 hours.  It was the perfect remedy!

Zero Week Updates

UGH FEELING MUCH MORE HUMAN NOW!!!!

tumblr_m87mgp28xq1rz0qtso1_500.gif

Got BEST SLEEP last night, woke up this morning and worked on my bills and finances and got a lot of that junk out of the way, and am really stoked with my cash stability right now!  Also wrote a page in my BoS while having coffee and BAM PRODUCTIVITY.  FRIDAY PRODUCTIVITY.

Need to go run some errands this morning and am planning on cardio either today or tomorrow.. My leg DOMS have finally subsided.  Sheesh.

Not much else really!  I've got the Stranger Things soundtrack on repeat while I internet this morning.... <3 <3 <3 

stranger-things.1.1.1355000.28.gif

(relatable feels)

• Like 7

THE CHALLENGE HAS BEGUUUUUNNNN!!!!

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

I'm out of the gates and ready to get POINTS Y'ALL!!!!

Things I would like to work on for Week 1:

Continue heavy RDL progress - 10 points
Gym mornings are in my future.... specifically tomorrow!

Do something 4x a week - 5 points

Slowly falling in love with yoga again, I did a nice 30 minute session yesterday instead of cardio, my body needed something a little less intense... I'm going to experiment with doing this in the evenings after dinner instead of mornings and see how I like it??

Enter Mabon page into BoS - 5 points

I've already made some other entries and thanks to that I'm REALLY motivated to start on this.  (Mabon is the autumnul equinox, which is September 22, so I have lots of time to plan too :) )

5-day streak of no beer - 5 points

Gonna start this sucker starting TODAY!!!!!  Tea tea tea, oh, and iced coffee with pumpkin spice creamer.... <3

Write up NF 2 year anniversary accomplishment list - 3 points

I have started this already!!!  August 27th!!!

This weekend has been pretty chill, I actually put on the Olympics and napped on the couch for about an hour and a half yesterday... man, I NEEDED it!!!  Feel so much more human.

Kell and I have also finished playing through Life is Strange - has anyone else here played it?!!?!?!?!  It was published by Square Enix!!  From Wikipedia: "The game's plot focuses on Maxine Caulfield, a photography student who discovers that she has the ability to rewind time at any moment, leading her every choice to enact the butterfly effect. After having foreseen an approaching storm, Max must take on the responsibility to prevent it from destroying her town. The player's actions will adjust the narrative as it unfolds, and reshape it once allowed to travel back in time. Fetch quests and making environmental changes represent the forms of puzzle solving in addition to using branching choices for conversation."

tumblr_static_tumblr_static__640.jpg

TODAY IS MEAL PREP DAY!!!!!!! Lunch this week is bacon meatloaf with sauteed zucchini.  I'll cook up a batch of brown jasmine rice for a snack.  I've also got pre-packed cashews on hand, a fresh box of oatmeal,  turkey deli meat for snacks, and lots of herbal tea.

LET'S DO THIS! :D:D

• Like 8

YESSSSS Life is Strange is so good! 

• Like 1

Gargoyle Ranger | Level 49

2022 challenges:  49 (current)

2015-2021 challenges: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 |15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 || 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 || 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 || 43 | 44 | 45 | | 46 | 4748 ||

My epic quest | MEATBALL WARS

You don't get better at anything unless you start doing it.

Being alive is heckn swell. 

22 hours ago, Urgan said:

NF ANNIVERSARY!!!

Life is Strange = LoZ Majora's Mask??

Sad Nerd Confession: I never played Majora's Mask.... :( *deducts cool points from her tally*

20 hours ago, NeverThatBored said:

YESSSSS Life is Strange is so good! 

UGH YES, anxiety inducing at times, but the story is just so amazing.  I'm doing another playthrough right now to see everything I missed and change up some big decisions.....

6 hours ago, skinNbones said:

That game does sound quite good. Might have to check it out.

The wisdom of age: don't stop walking.

It's really really really good!  And visually awesome.

50 minutes ago, Raxie said:

Oooh is Life is Strange co-opable on one screen?! I've been looking for another good game like that. A lot of them either aren't very good or can only co-op long distance.

It's just a one player!  You play as Max for the entirety of the game.  It's like an exploration/puzzle/adventure!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, shaarawy said:

It's just a one player!  You play as Max for the entirety of the game.  It's like an exploration/puzzle/adventure!

Oooh you said you and Kell were going through it so I thought maybe it was co-op.  But after reading the wiki can see how two people could definitely enjoy it at once!

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, shaarawy said:

Sad Nerd Confession: I never played Majora's Mask.... :( *deducts cool points from her tally*

Do yourself a favor and play it sometime, it is really, really fun. Also, the music is legendary. 

• Like 1

Level 13 Shape-shifting Warrior Monk

STR:45 | DEX:18 | STA:10 | CON:37 | WIS:37 | CHA:27

The stronger the body the more it obeys, the weaker the body the more it commands. -- Siegmund Klein

Battle Log : MFP : Instagram : Challenges - 1, 23456789101112

11 minutes ago, Raxie said:

Oooh you said you and Kell were going through it so I thought maybe it was co-op.  But after reading the wiki can see how two people could definitely enjoy it at once!

Oh yeah, duh self, I made that more confusing than it should have! XD  Usually when "we" play games, one plays, the other watches (and makes commentary).

We tried to co-op Borderlands many times........ I am just terrible........................ *cry*

11 minutes ago, Urgan said:

Do yourself a favor and play it sometime, it is really, really fun. Also, the music is legendary. 

OH, I just Googled it, that mask is very familiar!  I loved the original LoZ games, I really should play more.......

Week 1 Day 2

My favorite snack after the gym now is brown jasmine rice steamed with a little butter and salt.  HNNGGHH.  I make a big batch on Sundays and bring it with me to work.  A serving is only 1/4 cup though and it's reeeeally hard to limit myself.... so tasty...

(Ok I'm going to go put it back in the fridge now~)

(I did it~)

tumblr_nvvn7nMZWs1u3qei8o1_500.gif

Woke up this morning with a nice little cramping down my right shoulderblade, up into my neck, and reaching down the middle of my back.  Wowzers ok.  Did some extra stretching/rolling/tennis ball work this morning before the gym and it helped loosen things up some, thankfully.  Also thankfully it was legs today so the majority of the cranky muscles would go unworked.  Win/win?

My mobility work is kinda falling by the wayside.  I don't roll -nearly- as much as I should, and I need to make that a priority.  I miss getting deep tissue massages, they helped SO much, but they are also quite pricey so I need to work on this on my own more.

ANYWAY GYM

RDL

45x5x1

65x5x1

85x5x1

95x5x2

105x5x3 (PR for multiple sets)

Phew these are hard.  HOWEVER, my grip used to be the first thing to fail, but the fact I could power through 3 sets of this and still hang on is pretty good proof that it's getting better!

Goblet Squats

25x15x3

Calf Raises

60x20x3

Bulgarian Split Squats

10x8x3 (each side)

Left hamstring really twingey on these.  HEY SHAAR ROLL MORE OK??

Hamstring Curls

30x8x3

My overarching plan right now is to purposefully keep things light (exception being RDL work) over the next 10 days until vacation (not like I'm counting or anything), enjoy vacation, then come back and really throw myself into high gear for the next challenge.  I HAVE BIG PLANS.

1121.gif

..... Argh I want to be eating more rice right now.  WHY IS IT SO TASTY.  It's really all I could think about this entire post.  Sigh. Food.

• Like 7

ILU but you know that but I still like to remind you because EVERYONE needs to know that they are loved and appreciated ALWAYS!

Also, I had a CRAPTASTIC sleep last night. I had the worst nightmare that I can't even remember now, which literally jolted me awake. I flailed around in the dark, and it took me FOREVER to actually go back to sleep. Then it was the ye old waking up every so often that when it was morning, I was literally drained. Not cool, brain. Not cool.

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, Kelliestrasza said:

ILU but you know that but I still like to remind you because EVERYONE needs to know that they are loved and appreciated ALWAYS!

Also, I had a CRAPTASTIC sleep last night. I had the worst nightmare that I can't even remember now, which literally jolted me awake. I flailed around in the dark, and it took me FOREVER to actually go back to sleep. Then it was the ye old waking up every so often that when it was morning, I was literally drained. Not cool, brain. Not cool.

<333333333333333333

Crappy sleep is seriously the worst, I feel like it takes FOREVER to recover from a junky night of rest.... ugghhh...

Just now, Amdhiel said:

./wave HI

Through some encouragement from people I came back and setup a challenge. Stopping in to say HI so that I can follow along with your challenge.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

579.gif

Yayayayaya AMDHIEL!!!!!  Aaaa welcome back!!!  You are going to Camp again next month, yes??  *still 500% sad she has to miss it* ;_;

7 hours ago, shaarawy said:

We tried to co-op Borderlands many times........ I am just terrible........................ *cry*

You can't be as bad as me at vidya games - my boyfriend loves Metroid, so he had me try it once (I don't remember which one, it was on xbox though I think) and I was so terribad at it that he took the controller away from me. xD

And most of the time playing other games I get flustered and press all the wrong buttons, and scream at creatures that really aren't that scary, and it's just a mess.

As a result, I am a pretty casual gamer. :P 

• Like 2

Week 1 Day 3

ACHIEVEMENT ALERT

pinata.gif

Ok I have this small box of clothes in my closet that I've either a. outgrown or b. never been able to fit into.  Last fall I dug into the box and found I was amazingly able to fit into all of my old size 6 pants and it was HUGELY validating to all the Good Stuff I'd been chugging away at etc.

Last night I dug into the box again for funsies and pulled out a size 4 skirt I'd never ever been able to wear because it was always too small.

And

It

Fit

And I'm sitting at work wearing it RIGHT NOW AND FEELING LIKE A HELLA BOSS.  It fits PERFECTLY and I'm not sitting here all sausage-link hoping that it'll feel better as the day goes on or something, it's lovely and perfect and wow and wow, wow, even when I think I'm having a hard strugglebus time at literally everything, my slow but steady consistency is really really paying off.

GUYS

KEEP DOING THE THING YOU ARE DOING

Even if you feel like it's not working!?!?!  DON'T STOP DOING IT

Consistency is SO IMPORTANT, so so so so important.  Even with the little things.  ESPECIALLY with the little things.

YEEEAAAHAHAHAHAHA FOR THE REBELLIONNNNNNNNNNN~~

549.gif

• Like 14