Terra battles good and evil as Raven!

Terra

It's been a few days since my last update and today is DAY 1!! Wahoo

We flew to Houston on Thursday after taking our girls to the first day of school. Friday was all sorts of appointments, blood work, another MRI and a chest X-ray. My job was to get hubby to all his appointments. We did good. Friday night thru today was went to the coast and played. Spent time at the boardwalk in Kemah and caught a movie (Bad Moms was funny). Overall I'm doing good food wise, not 100% paleo but close enough that I haven't made myself sick. Sleep has been nice averaging around 8 hours, with only one restless night on Thursday (because of early appointments on Friday). Exercise has been light, but lots of walking at the boardwalk. I'm going to stretch some right now and sneak off to the hotel gym for a bike ride in a couple minutes. Tonight we will pack our hospital bag and revisit the amazing crepe restaurant for hubby's last meal before surgery. (Gf crepes for the win!). I'll have all my electronics with me in the hospital so keeping in touch shouldn't be an issue. But it might be a day or two before I get back depending on circumstances... Stay strong my friends and I'll do the same!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 12

Ranger-Monk Hybrid

I am a strong little powerhouse 

Current Challenge: Slow is smooth

IIIIIIIIIINTERNNNNNNET HUUUUUUGS

Sent on dragon wing

• Like 1

Level 83 Wood Elf Druid

Druid: || 59 | 60 | 61 | 61.5 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81 | 82 | 83 ||

Ranger: || 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 ||

||Char/RPG||
STR: 57 || DEX: 59 || STA: 52 || CON: 47 || WIS: 59 || CHA: 59

Clicked in becuse if the awesomeness that is Raven. You are doing amazing things with so much going on. 

• Like 1

strava - myfitnesspal - Instagram

2019 Roadmap

Spoiler

" Always aim for something stupidly crazy." - Charlie Quinn

2019 Races: Cliveden MTR 06/01 | Nuts Challenge 02/03 | Reading Half Marathon 17/03 | W.A.R 27/04 | RRDW 11/05 | Nuclear Oblivion 19/05 | Man vs Lakes 20/07 | Spartan Trifecta Weekend 05-06/10 | OCRWC 11-13/10

Current Challenge: First Steps

Previous Challenges: 12 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24

57 minutes ago, Terra said:

Quick update on the hubby: he is out of surgery but it wasn't as successful as the doctor had hoped it would be. He was only able to get 60% of the tumor. So now we wait for pathology info to see what the next steps will be...

Hugs!  Hope there's good news on pathology. How is he feeling? 

• Like 1

Rangering since Sept 2015

I'm sorry that the surgery wasn't as successful as you had hoped.  I really hope that the next steps and next therapies will take care of the problem.  

• Like 1

Level 30? who the hell knows anymore? Direwolf Assassin/Ranger - current challenge

ACL rehab thread      2016 parkour

My tutorials:

handbalancing: crow, flying crow, side crow, crow->headstand->crow  Bo staff: strikes 1 2 3, spins 1 2

14 hours ago, Terra said:

Quick update on the hubby: he is out of surgery but it wasn't as successful as the doctor had hoped it would be. He was only able to get 60% of the tumor. So now we wait for pathology info to see what the next steps will be...

I'm so sorry to hear that Terra. Hopefully the next steps will be successful and easy.

• Like 1

Level 11 Hobbit Brewmaster

Half Ranger, Half Druid, Completely Ridiculous

Instagram

Current Challenge: Mizbrek Studies with the Order of the Broken Temple

Past Challenges: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

Also chiming in my support...I am in awe of your challenge and life! 

• Like 1

RES...and I want to live days worth dying for

Current: RES: CUTE isn't cutting it!

Spoiler

Magickal, Eclectic, Goddess, Level 69

|1|2|3|4|5|6|7|8|9|10|11|12|13|14|15|16|17|18|19|20|21|22|23|24|25|26|27|28|29|30|31|32|33|34|35|36|37|38|39|40|41|42|43|44|45|46|47|48|49|50|51|52|53|54|55|56|57|58|59|60|61|62|63|64|65|66|67|68|69|70|71|72|73|

|My Character Page | Tracking Spreadsheet | My Blog |

Growth happens when you care more about the well being of your future self than the comfort of your present self!

"Pass on what you have learned. Strength, mastery. But weakness, folly, failure also. Yes, failure most of all. The greatest teacher, failure is." -Yoda

Oh, Terra. You and yours have been on my mind a lot lately. I read the start of your last challenge and then I fell into my hole again, but I'm climbing out of it and first thing after posting a new challenge (yes it had been that long) and getting all that sorted.... go look for the usual suspects.... and there you are. Tough times I see. And the most recent bit didn't seem too awesome either. We are here, all around the world, sending good vibes, prayers, hopes for you and yours.

All memes and words and gifs seem meaningless. But I send some anyway:

tumblr_lwvtbvM8Gg1qcuupyo1_500.jpgsending-good-vibes.gif

You are an inspiration and wonderful and WOW

• Like 3

Katrin the Morag Lvl 22 Cadet, half klingon, c-licensed trainer, mother of two, gaming nerd

Current Challenge

Road map to Level 50

I'm sure you're still overwhelmed and processing a lot of things, but we're all going to be here for you when you're ready.  I hope things have taken a more positive turn for you today.

tumblr_n3mgd1iFUI1rudcwro1_400.gif

• Like 4

Level 30? who the hell knows anymore? Direwolf Assassin/Ranger - current challenge

ACL rehab thread      2016 parkour

My tutorials:

handbalancing: crow, flying crow, side crow, crow->headstand->crow  Bo staff: strikes 1 2 3, spins 1 2

Its been almost a week since my last update and I really don't have a great excuse.  I have fallen deeply into the avoidance of most things in life (other than taking care of the hubby) by emersion into some books.  But first an update!!!

The hubby did get some good news last week just before we left the hospital.  The tumor is the slow growing variety and so he won't need radiation.  For now it will be a monitoring regime.  The tumor removal removed the pressure off the optic nerve and that was most important.  So we will find out more details on his followup activities and further treatments down the road but for now we monitor the tumor.  He has approximately 60 staples in his head.  The incision was much larger than we had expected (wish the doctor has told us of his changing plans, the entry point was not the same as he had told us prior to surgery) and the swelling/drainage has left my hubby a little rough looking, think Quasimodo.  We left the hospital and went straight to the hotel on Thursday of last week  Yesterday was the first day that he left the room and we walked to the mall next door for some lunch.  We got out again today for a quick trip to Target and lunch again.  And next door to the restaurant was a Tactical 5.11 store that my hubby had to visit.  So we wandered around there too.  I am just amazed at how much he is able and wanting to do just one week post surgery.  He is a very reluctant patient and hates to ask for help, but he has been very appreciative the last several days.  

Over the past week I have actually done pretty good with my four goals! 1- I have made a few questionable food choices, but I have not made myself sick.  I will strive to eat cleaner in the next few days!!!  2 - Movement has happened every day in some form.  A couple of days it was limited to my physical therapy exercises and a couple short was, but I am getting in more walking and some gym time now that we are at the hotel.  3 - I have talked/video chatted with my girls each day.  It is starting to wear on them with us being gone so long and while my father is wonderful with them, he is just a big retired kid, so they really miss mom and dad.  4 - I have managed to take care of my hubby through the first and worst week of this ordeal.  We are both a little sleep deprived (he still is taking meds every 4 hours and slept laying horizontal for the first time last night) but we are taking this time together alone to talk about little things, hold hands and just be together.  He has asked me for the things he has needed and let me take care of him.  

I will admit to reading way too much but I won't feel guilty about it.  I have not been able to do much as the hubby spent much time napping this last week.  I could have done more exercises or work in the hotel room, but it wouldn't have been soothing to my soul.  I will admit that I haven't ever read so much in my life...  I truly spend most of my waiting/watching time this last week reading.  I predict that by the end of this week I will be ready to have my life back with all the craziness that will ensue.  But for now I will not feel guilty about reading after I get a couple of hours of work done and exercise each day this week.

I think that is a pretty good update...  I'll admit I though of @Wild Wolf@Rurik Harrgath and my fellow ruckers while in the 5.11 store.  So many ruck sacks, cool patches and a tactical kilt...  I got a cool SwatGirl patch for me and my girls.  I think they will like them!!!  Made me want to get back home to my mountains and get out on the trails!!!  

• Like 12

Ranger-Monk Hybrid

I am a strong little powerhouse 

Current Challenge: Slow is smooth

This sounds like good things as long as he doesn't overdo...which it sounds as if he's resting well? Thoughts are with you both on his continued improvement!

• Like 1

RES...and I want to live days worth dying for

Current: RES: CUTE isn't cutting it!

Spoiler

Magickal, Eclectic, Goddess, Level 69

|1|2|3|4|5|6|7|8|9|10|11|12|13|14|15|16|17|18|19|20|21|22|23|24|25|26|27|28|29|30|31|32|33|34|35|36|37|38|39|40|41|42|43|44|45|46|47|48|49|50|51|52|53|54|55|56|57|58|59|60|61|62|63|64|65|66|67|68|69|70|71|72|73|

|My Character Page | Tracking Spreadsheet | My Blog |

Growth happens when you care more about the well being of your future self than the comfort of your present self!

"Pass on what you have learned. Strength, mastery. But weakness, folly, failure also. Yes, failure most of all. The greatest teacher, failure is." -Yoda