*The Clone Wars: The Prequel – Def and Shello Get Their Shit Together (Def #23)

deftona

The Clone Wars: The Prequel – Def and Shello Get Their Shit Together

Are you ready for this? This is a tandem challenge.  

@LadyShello and I both had an abysmal challenge last go around.  It was supposed to be the one where we each got back into the groove and made some progress. Rather than an improvement from the challenges before, it got worse, like, super off the rails worse. Our current levels of accountability don’t seem to be enough.  We’ve been accountable to ourselves, to the Doodlies, to the entire NF community but for some reason, right now, this doesn’t seem to be enough.  Before we can get back to waging war, we need to get our shit together.  And what do you do when you can’t do something on your own?  You get back up, you phone a friend, and you potentially risk your friendships by causing unnecessary punishments if you fuck up.  So that’s what we’ve done.  

For this challenge we are in this together.

We’ve tried challenges with rewards for hitting our goals.  We’ve tried challenges with punishments for not hitting our goals and both methods have come up a little short.  In order for this reset to work we need more accountability than ever before, accountability2 (patent pending).  

For this challenge, if either of us misses a goal, we both pay the price.

The deets: We each have our own goals but they boil down to 5 workouts a week and following a sensible calorie limit.  The calorie limits are tiered so that there is a specified amount that we can go over without incurring any punishment, going over more than that is either a minor or a major infraction, depending on how much over the limit we go or how we go over that limit (depending on whose challenge we’re talking about).  Dietary punishments are to be completed the following day. Each missed workout incurs a penalty as well. Training penalties are cumulative and should be completed by the end of the following week.

The sexy part everyone’s here for:

PUNISHMENTS:

1st Dietary Minor Infraction: Add extra sets or miles on top of whatever we had planned for our next workouts

2nd Dietary Minor Infraction: Do the Darebee daily workout (in addition to our normal workouts)

3rd Dietary Minor Infraction: The same as a major infraction

Major Dietary Infraction: 1 dairy-free meal and only cold showers the following day

1st missed workout: Darebee Daily Dare, with extra credit if possible, or do it twice

Any subsequent missed workout: 50 burpees per missed workout

Deftona's Particulars (Shut up, Scotty)

I want to stick to my calorie limit which is currently 1800 calories since I am pretty active. If I eat at or below this, of any food it is a pass. I can go over this by a little as long as I eat healthy food and that will still be a pass. if I eat over 1800 calories with some unhealthy shit (eating like a dickhead, I guess) then it's a minor infraction. If I completely take the piss and faceplant a cake factory or something, it's a red infraction and Shello is going to have a bad time so let's not do that, right Def? RIGHT DEF?

I also want to work out five times a week. To channel my inner Jean-Ralphio - 'IF I AIN'T MAKING IT RAININ', I'D BETTER BE TRAININ'" I have two jobs, one where I work for myself making sex aprons (this might be a lie) and another job where I work two days a week. If I am not at my outside-of-the-house job then I had better be in BatCena Boulevard paying my dues in sweat. On every training session I want to do a 5K on my elliptical and I also want to do a Darebee session because I am trying to do ALL OF THE THINGZ on there too.

I also want to work on my 2016 goals which have fallen a little to the wayside of late because life has got in the way. I am doing pretty well on my financial goals but I want to make a harder push for these final months. I have spent way more money than I would normally like so far this month so from now until payday, I want to limit my spending. I have used a formula to disguise actual figures but I want to spend less than 855 Tokens of Monetary Holding (TMHs) from today until a week on Friday. I will make another financial goal after payday when I have done my monthly budget and that will be the goal for the rest of the challenge. 

I also want to spend the equivalent of 30 minutes a day on my other goals. I have fiction reading goals, education goals, KMing goals and a couple of others so I want a total 990 minutes this challenge on allowable activities. For this goal and the Token of Monetary Holdings goal, Shello does not get punished for me being a massive tit but I do not earn my prize if I mess it up. 

Shello has a vacation during this challenge and I have a mini break too. Shello's vacation is worth 6 days and mine is 3 so I am going to take 3 floating days because symmetry is very important to me for some reason.

For an aced challenge, I get to keep Shello as a friend because she won't hate me. I also get to buy myself this: 

Ball So Hard Muthafuckas Wanna Find Me (Zelda) Racerback

I think that's it. New challenge... GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! 

• Like 19

I'm more than adequate. Leave Kanye out of this. 

Profile picture credit : NF's resident super artist - NinjaKitten

Lessons Learned

1. The snack box works great. I love knowing that if I am hungry, all the maths has been done already and there are no decisions to be made, just food to be eaten. This is definitely something that can be carried over to other challenges.  (22/8/2016)

Results

Week One - A*

Spoiler

This is probably my most successful week one of any challenge so far. I allow 1800 calories a day and I am allowed to go over if the food is healthy but I did not bring that clause in once this week, staying below the 1800 every day. I got my 5 workouts in this week, two of them the 30 Minute Performance Test and I think that instead of making this a thing just for this challenge I am going to try and do this at least once a week for the rest of the year to better track my fitness increases. I did my Darebee sessions every scheduled day too. 

The snack box idea is working out so well for me. I love knowing that if I am hungry, all the maths has been done already and there are no decisions to be made, just food to be eaten. This is definitely something that can be carried over to other challenges. 

Money wise I am sticking to it pretty well although there isn't much left and I need to buy some petrol so I am definitely going to go over. This is ok, it was more a way to curb spending rather than a definitive goal so I am just going to release more into the budget. I based my sums on a random arbitrary number and although I did buy some superfluous workout clothes I look pretty good in my new crop top so it's worth it and I have curbed my spending, especially on food which was where I was overspending.

I definitely get an A for this week. NAY, AN A*. 

3 minutes ago, DrFeelgood said:

Aw yeah...

Deffy's a-Rangerin'.

Haha, I wondered how long it would be until someone noticed that ;)

I am Rangering for this challenge, in the interests of challenge symmetry. I am still an Adventurer though, and I am still Ambassadoring over there :D 

• Like 7

17 minutes ago, deftona said:

If I completely take the piss and faceplant a cake factory or something, it's a red infraction and Shello is going to have a bad time so let's not do that, right Def? RIGHT DEF?

Right. 

TwinPower will save us.

• Like 4

Race: Amazonian Ogre Princess | Class: Ranger | Profession: SuperHero

Level: 19 Ranger | STR 36 | DEX 29 | STA  35 | CON  43 | WIS 35 | CHA 23|

Spoiler

Epic Quest Avatar Lifting profile | D&D Character Sheet

Accountibillibuddies: Doodlies setting the world alight

Roadmaps: 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2019 | 2020 | 2021

I am not saying I am Wonder Woman. I am just saying no one has ever seen me and Wonder Woman together in the same room.

Current Challenge: Shello Finally Fitnesses (sort of) and does some other things

Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 789, 10, 11, 12 , 131415, 1617181920, 21, 2223242526272829303132, 33, 3435, 36??

Starting weight = 290.4; Current weight = 269; Total pounds lost: 21.4

1 minute ago, SomeGuyFromScotland said:

I'm particular about whose particulars I inspect, you know.

Dude, that rejection STINGS.

• Like 2

Yes!!! This is so cool! I am so excited for this!

• Like 1

Gargoyle Ranger | Level 46

2021 challenges:  46 (current)

2015-2020 challenges: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 |15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 || 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 || 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 || 43 | 44 | 45

My epic quest | MEATBALL WARS

You don't get better at anything unless you start doing it.

Being alive is heckn swell. 

Welcome to the Ranger Corps!

• Like 4

Current Challenge Original 1,2,3, R 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30,31,32,33,34,35,36,37,38,39,40,41,42,43,44,45,46,47,48,49,50,51

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

In my haste to press the 'post' button at exactly the same time as Shello, I actually forgot half my challenge. Now updated in the main post. 

D'oh. 

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, deftona said:

In my haste to press the 'post' button at exactly the same time as Shello, I actually forgot half my challenge. Now updated in the main post. 

D'oh. 

We are such twins!  I forgot bits too... and the spreadsheet. 

DoubleFacePalm.jpg

• Like 4

Spoiler

I am not saying I am Wonder Woman. I am just saying no one has ever seen me and Wonder Woman together in the same room.

Current Challenge: Shello Finally Fitnesses (sort of) and does some other things

Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 789, 10, 11, 12 , 131415, 1617181920, 21, 2223242526272829303132, 33, 3435, 36??

1 hour ago, deftona said:

For an aced challenge, I get to keep Shello as a friend because she won't hate me. I also get to buy myself this: 

And for the record, I'll still be your friend for a less than aced challenge, provided you don't kill me.  

• Like 1

Spoiler

What a great idea! This is such a novelty.

and only cold showers the following day

Uh-oh.

50 burpees per missed workout

UH-OH.

• Like 5

The Wolverine - Level 5 // BER  6.5 // HEA  4 // STR  4.4 // STA  3 // DEX  4 // CON  4 // WIS  4.75 // CHA  1

He who conquers others is strong; he who conquers himself is mighty.

Adventures don't start until you get into the forest.

I love this so much.

• Like 2

Sarah Barr - Level 13 Warhobbit

STR 18 | DEX 7 | STA 17 | CON 38 | WIS 28 | CHA 12

Challenges:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19 20  21  22  23  24  25 (Current)

Accountabiddlydoodlies Group                 Current Weight: 106.1kg                      Recipe Book               

"I hold... that a man should strive to the uttermost for his life's set prize" - Robert Browning

Instagram (Things I have painted or made.)

To-Do List
Idiot Jar Limit: £5.00        Current Idiot Jar Total: £0.00     Current Idiot Jar Forfeit: [TBD].

What a cool idea!  Wishing you both an awesome challenge!

Wonder_Twins_THUMB__49151.1420742141.128

• Like 2

Level: 15 Race: Human Class: Adventurer (Sailor Senshi/Aes Sedai)

STR: 14    DEX: 12    STA: 16   CON: 28   WIS: 26    CHA: 15 

(unspent points: 6? challenges worth)

Weight Loss Progress (SW 12/5/15 272)

Mini-Goal: Get back down to my low 152.2 - SW 6/1/17 170.4 - CW 6/10/17: 166.6

regained the last few months - back on track losing in June

My Battle Log|My NF Character Sheet

Challenges:

1/16-2/16-3/16-4/16-5/16-6/16-7/16-8/16-9/16-11/16-12/16-1/17-2/17-

ima just leave this here, consider it my contribution k?

Shirtless-Jason-Momoa-Pictures.png

#momoamonday365

• Like 8

[ Level ?? ]  Thunderlord of the Legio Thundaris 

BRUTALITY 13 | FINESSE 12 | GRIT 13  | INSIGHT 15 | MOXIE 13

Challenges1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36

"Rangers have to at least give up on pants. It's a special rule we enacted after Rurik became a Guild Leader.” – DarK_RaideR.

"Did I just get my ass kicked by a member of Metallica meets History Channel's Vikings?" - Wolfpool.

"By the Well-Oiled-and-Meticulously-Groomed Beard of Rurik!" - Tanktimus the Encourager.

11 hours ago, LadyShello said:

And for the record, I'll still be your friend for a less than aced challenge, provided you don't kill me.  

I'll do my best :D With great power comes great responsibility and all that ;)

10 hours ago, zenLara said:

What a great idea! This is such a novelty.

Uh-oh.

UH-OH.

Right? The no dairy and the threat of cold showers is enough to make me do pretty much everything.

10 hours ago, Sarah Barr said:

I love this so much.

Me too, although it's really confusing when I get a notification for a comment and it's on Shello's challenge instead of mine because the names are almost identical... I didn't think that one through ;) Great to have you again Sarah :D 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Sloth the Enduring said:

I wouldn't miss it.

Great to have you along again Sloth. 

8 hours ago, MichiruSedai said:

What a cool idea!  Wishing you both an awesome challenge!

Wonder_Twins_THUMB__49151.1420742141.128

Thank you Michi! It's excellent to have you along for support again.

7 hours ago, spookyfoot said:

*EXPLOSION*

brb getting my sunglasses cause I'm blinded by the AWESOME

tumblr_inline_mrhzuzE9ZH1qz4rgp.gif

Yeah, Spooks! <4

6 hours ago, Rurik Harrgath said:

ima just leave this here, consider it my contribution k?

Shirtless-Jason-Momoa-Pictures.png

#momoamonday365

Your contributions are always so wise and enlightening, Rurik! 

• Like 3

Day One Write Up

I was at work yesterday so I had no training planned which was a bit of a bummer for the first day of a challenge. i have taken a different approach to food this time around too in that I plan my dinner and make it an awesome one, and then make a lunch box full of smaller snacks that I love and that is my food for the rest of the day so it takes the emotion out of the choices. If I am hungry, I can eat anything from my snack box. If I don't want to eat anything from my snack box then I am probably not hungry. Yesterday, my snack box consisted of malt loaf, an apple, grapes, a nakd bar, cheese, 2 squares of dark chocolate and some slices of pastrami and I just nibbled on stuff as and when I got hungry and I was a lot less hangry when it came to dinner time so this method might be a keeper. I had steak, roasted broccoli and a few chips for dinner, watermelon for dessert and a glass of red wine because I learned a valuable lesson from my last challenge about the problems of not drinking enough red wine.

I didn't do anything towards my 'other goals' goal although I did take my book to read on the bus, forgetting I had made a date with Shello for some transatlantic challenge writing so I have a little to make up today but that's ok. One thing I am going to focus on is to not get too far behind on this one as I often can when I have these 'do x amount of stuff over 33 days' type of goals. I think I have all the time in the world and then end up being overwhelmed by everything I have to do and completely crapping out. 

My financial goals are sort of on track, it's hard to know since I took a quick three second estimation of our planned finances and then just shaved some off it so the estimation is completely arbitrary. I am counting everything both me and my boyfriend (The Heron, henceforth known as TH) are spending but our biggest expense recently has been eating out so that should naturally be taken care of by just not doing that. 

The Current State of Play

Kilometres - 0/100

Passed Nutrition Days - 1/33 (100% currently)

Passed Workout Days - 1/33 (100% currently)

Tokens of Monetary Holding Spent - 108.8/855

Minutes spent pursuing general goals - 0/990

Shello's estimated hatred level - 0%

• Like 13