Kelliestrasza Rises Up Against the Legion

sassyfrassy

Today I'm breaking the story wall just for a moment so that I can really talk about how I was feeling Thursday and yesterday. I think it's important because I was already on the verge of giving up, and returning to my hiding hole away from Nerd Fitness. This happens when I've done poorly, or felt like I was already failing.

My current quests are to basically eat healthier, get more activity, and to be mindful of my sleep schedule. All very good goals, and the first few days - even with a melancholy mood - I was doing pretty good!

Thursday and Friday, my eating was terrible. It was a mix of lacking motivation, still feeling a bit lethargic, and not having a lot of options. The first two things, I have control over them. It's not easy to pull myself out of those feelings sometimes, but I can do it. Even if it's just enough to where it feels like I'm not feeling like a slug, it's something. The third option, I don't have a lot of control over. Well, I do and I don't. Money is tight right now, so we are careful and frugal with what we buy at the store. Not to mention, we don't like things to go to waste. Unfortunately, that has happened in the past, so everyone is very cautious when purchasing things.

I need to be more diligent in prepping items that we buy especially when they are fruit and vegetables. I keep saying this, but I procrastinate so badly. It's a mixture of my own laziness and, when we get home from the store, I'm physically exhausted. I know that the latter could get better if I do more for myself when it comes to being healthy and working out. Everything is just one big carousel!

My activity for those two days were also terrible. I'm sure a lot of it had to do with the fact that I was both mentally and physically tired still, but also because of WHAT I was eating. Just because I was drinking lots of water didn't mean that it would help my feelings of fatigue if I wasn't eating right or snacking on the right things. Too many carbs and mountains of sugar will just negate that hydration I'm sure.

Last night was probably the first night of real rest that I've gotten in a while. I woke up naturally after 8 hours of sleep. Did I lay in bed for a few minutes checking my phone? Yep. Did I consider rolling over and going back to sleep? I did, but I didn't. Instead, I got up. I got up, took a shower, brushed my teeth, and it felt good. REALLY good. Was I a bit sore and tired after it? I was, but I can't let that get me down. I am overweight. I am lacking the stamina for a lot of physical movement. Simple things are going to make me winded until I get things back in order.

Which makes me want to make an addendum to my third quest regarding sleep. Getting good sleep is associated with making sure you are taking care of yourself. I need to take care of myself. I always say I need to, I tell others to make sure they are, but I never listen to my own advice. I'm going to be adding that, in order not to lose sanity on quest three, I need to be mindful of my sleeping habits. If I need a quick cat nap, they cannot be more than 20 minutes lest there is an illness lurking. Shower, at least, every other day. Even if I don't wash my hair every day, personal hygiene is important. Brush teeth. Wash face. Do these things that make me feel good. Because they DID make me feel good. It made me feel like I was taking care of myself, which I neglect. Some of this does go hand in hand with depression/anxiety/mental health. I need to fight that. I need to take it head on like I do the Legion, the Ascians, and the Garleans. I need to look at it as intimidating forces that can easily overwhelm and overtake you if you allow them.

SO! All of that said, here is my assessment for Thursday and Friday:

DAY FIVE - 08/25/2016; Thursday & DAY SIX - 08/26/2016; Friday

Thursday

Quest One: -5 Sanity Lost

Quest Two: -10 Sanity Lost

Quest Three: No Sanity Lost!

Bonus Quest: --

Friday:

Quest One: -5 Sanity Lost

Quest Two: -10 Sanity Lost

Quest Three: No Sanity Lost!

Bonus Quest: --

Today is a new day, and I'm doing things better! Better for me, which will be great for others! And I cannot look at the loss of sanity as a bad thing. I can gain it back, and I WILL!

• Like 4

Yes you will!  *hugs*

• Like 1

Level: 15 Race: Human Class: Adventurer (Sailor Senshi/Aes Sedai)

STR: 14    DEX: 12    STA: 16   CON: 28   WIS: 26    CHA: 15 

(unspent points: 6? challenges worth)

Weight Loss Progress (SW 12/5/15 272)

Mini-Goal: Get back down to my low 152.2 - SW 6/1/17 170.4 - CW 6/10/17: 166.6

regained the last few months - back on track losing in June

My Battle Log|My NF Character Sheet

Challenges:

1/16-2/16-3/16-4/16-5/16-6/16-7/16-8/16-9/16-11/16-12/16-1/17-2/17-

I think it's great that when you felt like you were on the verge of giving up, you turned towards NF this time instead of shying away from it. That really says something, and that decision shouldn't be overlooked. Failing to some degree is kind of inevitable for everybody. But being able to get back on track and not let that deter you from your ultimate goals is what's important.

• Like 2

You can do it.

You can do it.

You can do it.

(repeat as necessary)

Setbacks WILL happen.  It's natural and ok.  It's also ok to get frustrated when you feel like you're failing.  But it's NOT ok to stop trying.  You're already mindfully noticing this and rising above it and that's huge.

Your body and mind don't want to change because change is hard and uncomfortable and it's easier to just stay where you are right now.  And not just in fitness, in life too.   It's like the Matrix.  You're aware that there's better things out there and that you can accomplish it if you put your mind to it.  But it's hard, and that's why some people would rather just live unfulfilling lives that they're not happy with; they'd rather stay with the discomfort that they know instead of a discomfort they're not sure of but will help in the long run.  It's all consistency and effort, no matter how tiny of a bit each day.

The only way you lose the game is if you quit playing. <3

• Like 1

i am not waiting for a hero.  i saved myself long ago.

Level 50 Bardic Time-Mage; of the Furious Heart

STR.55  DEX.43 STA.48 CON.51 WIS.53 CHA.65

"Well...in the end, it boils down to two simple choices. Either you do or you don't.

You'd think with all the problems in this world, there'd be more answers. It's not fair...
...But that's the way things are. The choice is yours."

» visit me @ my BATTLE LOG~

/poke

/nudge

/poke

/wave

giphy.gif

i am not waiting for a hero.  i saved myself long ago.

Level 50 Bardic Time-Mage; of the Furious Heart

STR.55  DEX.43 STA.48 CON.51 WIS.53 CHA.65

"Well...in the end, it boils down to two simple choices. Either you do or you don't.

You'd think with all the problems in this world, there'd be more answers. It's not fair...
...But that's the way things are. The choice is yours."

» visit me @ my BATTLE LOG~