Last challenge went so-so for me.  I have been doing really well in terms of continuing on with what habits I have built up for a while now, but I can't help but feel like I am coasting.  I have 5 weeks to finish (i.e. start and finish) real training for the PL comp at CAAAAAAAMMMPPP! I've been powerlifting for almost 2 years now, but due to some unrelated injuries, some emotion stuffs, and a bit of just general slacking I have not progressed nearly as far as I would want to by now.  I regularly deload or don't increase my weights when I'm feeling meh and just don't really push myself, in addition to cutting back from lifting 3x/week to 2x/week since I started a rowing program.  I tried to ramp it back up to 3x/week last challenge but it just didn't work out because reasons.  I also have been eating TERRIBLY.  Well OK, not really that bad, but it most definitely cannot be classified as "eating clean" and I think this has been making my attempts at kicking more butt harder since my fuel source has been subpar.  I even had a short moment of whininess where I tried to convince myself there wasn't enough time to train for the PL comp and I should just not do it.  But that was brief, and I quickly convinced myself of otherwise.  If it gets to be time for camp and I'm not feeling it, I'll assess the situation then.  But for now I'm going to train HARD up until the last minute!

How am I going to train hard you ask?  I'm going to become a robot!

tumblr_m4lhleUGQI1rn95k2o1_500.gif

Due to some budget constraints at work (which is paying for my PhD) I am not taking any classes this semester.  I'm sad about it but I'm not going to let this extra time go to waste!  I'll be using the bonus time during the day and weekends to hunker down and do what must be done like a well oiled machine.  I will stop coasting, I will lift 3x/week again, I will increase my weights per my programming, I will not debate whether or not I will do these things on any given day because I am a robot and a robot doesn't question it's programming.  I will eat clean food, because it is fuel, and that's what I need to keep it going. In short, I will get things done because I'm a Ranger and that's what we do.

So, on to my specific goals.

wall-e-gif-16623.gif

1. Lift More & Lift More Often.

Objective: Stronglifts 3x/week with prescribed weight increases (currently set to 5lb/workout but I do reserve the right to lower this to 2.5lb/workout at any point)

Threshold: Stronglifts 2x/week with prescribed weight increases OR Stronglifts 3x/week but without the correct weight increase

tumblr_o4wl41XO3S1tpri36o1_400.gif

2. Continue to be Rower 5 and Escape Those Swamp Zombies.

Objective: Row 2x/week on the erg using the Zombies, Run 5k program

Threshold: Row 2x/week on the erg, but one of the two times not being a ZR5K workout.

tumblr_lkrt9vWDh71qbr4c7.gif

3. Go Hard Every Day.

Objective: In addition to the 5 real workouts/week laid out above, have active rest days.  This can be rucking, hiking, vinyasa yoga, ballet, swimming, a long walk, seriously anything that isn't just sitting on my butt.  Only one of the two days can be restorative yoga/yin yoga.

Threshold: Same as objective but both active rest workouts are restorative/yin yoga or something like it in terms of being not really that active.

tumblr_n0eut2vOTF1sv5qq9o1_500.gif

4. Oil the Machine.

Objective: Wake up with a yoga flow every morning.  Anything more than 5 minutes counts. Also do a 15+ minute mobility routine every day before working out (i.e. immediately upon getting home from work). Mobility routines can be a long foam rolling session, a free ROMWOD workout (which I am debating subscribing to!), or something from Fit for Real Life. 

ThresholdStill yoga every day, but mobility sessions 5x/week only before "real" workouts and not on active rest days.

r2d2-animated-gif-5.gif

5. Fuel the Machine.

Objective: Batch cook every week.  1 variance allowed per week. Also eat 100+ grams of protein per day.

Threshold: Batch cook every week.  2 variances allowed per week.

I'll be starting TODAY and making this a 5 week challenge. 

The only caveat to this is next weekend I am almost certainly going on a long weekend trip to NH to climb Mt. Washington.  A lot of these goals won't be attainable on the trail or in camp, but as long as I don't eat terribly I'm preemptively giving myself a pass for those 3-4 days.

• Like 18

Ooohh snap you are climbing a mountain in New Hampshire too!!  COOOOOOOOOOOL!!!  (Mine's Mt. Monadnock!)

Get that competition!!  You've gotta represent us Rangers at Camp! ^__________^

(Also Googled ROMWOD and oh my am I interested~)

• Like 3

i am not waiting for a hero.  i saved myself long ago.

Level 50 Bardic Time-Mage; of the Furious Heart

STR.55  DEX.43 STA.48 CON.51 WIS.53 CHA.65

"Well...in the end, it boils down to two simple choices. Either you do or you don't.

You'd think with all the problems in this world, there'd be more answers. It's not fair...
...But that's the way things are. The choice is yours."

»  kom starkru

Great challenge!  I also am working on some batch cooking this challenge.  Usually, if the food is already there, I'll eat healthy stuff.  The problems all arise when the food isn't there, and I just don't feel like I can be bothered to cook.  :hopelessness:

I can't wait to hear all about Camp!  

• Like 2

Level 30? who the hell knows anymore? Direwolf Assassin/Ranger - current challenge

ACL rehab thread      2016 parkour

My tutorials:

handbalancing: crow, flying crow, side crow, crow->headstand->crow  Bo staff: strikes 1 2 3, spins 1 2

Great goals Raxie!  I love how you've addressed the shifting mindset and have drawn the line!

9c4b24cc1cb6bc910e517e0b1fcb0671acf8bbcb

Also love the them!    You rock girl!   And to show you just how much... here is Gir, dancing to a song that could be about you!  If, ya know, the lyrics were Miss instead of Mister. ;)

• Like 2

Level 70 ~*~ Ranger

Deviant Art Gallery   ||  YouTube Channel

Current Challenge

"It is difficult.  All things worth keeping are."  Thane Krios - Mass Effect 2

"Maybe it's not as simple as you imagined, Seeker."  Varric Tethras Dragon Age 2

"Staying within your limits is no fun, Ryder."  Vetra Nyx - ME: Andromeda

Spoiler

::PAST CHALLENGES::

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 20 | 21 | 22

23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42

43 | 44 | NEIN | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48| 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61

62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81

Following along again, looking forward to CAAAAAAAAAAMP!

• Like 1

Current Challenge Original 1,2,3, R 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30,31,32,33,34,35,36,37,38,39,40,41,42,43,44,45,46,47,48,49,50,51

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

CAAAAAAMP!! Promise me you'll be there next year? :) it will be great to meet you one day! (Along with everyone else.)

Awesome challenge! Stick to what's working and tweak the things that aren't- I like it!

mpw3w_s-200x150.gif?c=popkey-web&p=starbucks&i=frappuccino-brands&l=search&f=.gif

You should totally post a vid of you going ham on the rower. Just sayin. :P

W0lf

"Maximum Effort"

• Like 3

Wild Wolf- LEVEL 2 (but probably more like lvl 50 if I didn't respawn so much)

Class: Howler/ Height: 6'2 / Weight: 192#

Stats: MIGHT: 12 / CONSTITUTION: 9 / DEXTERITY: 11 / PERCEPTION: 10 / INTELLECT: 9 / RESOLVE: 13

Instagram: @ryanwolfbell / Facebook: Ryan Wolf Bell / Bible App (YouVersion) Ryan Wolf Bell

Current Challenge: Omnis Vir Lupus

Spoiler

Last Challenge(s): 1/2/3/4/5/6/7/8/9/10/11/12/13/14/15/16

Unchained Predator Saga: 1

Epic Challenges: Welcome to the Fireteam & Wolfpool 

Know, O prince, that once the sun burns out and the earth's core becomes solid and cold, there will come a man to provide the endless energy needed to sustain life and for the planets to keep moving. He is the source of light and the warmth of hope back into the hearts of humanity...." - Dark_Raider

A wolf rises in my heart; against my darkness; against my demons; against my despair. I DECLARE WAR!

Romans 8:28 (CSB) We know that all things work together for the good of those who love God, who are called according to His purpose.

41 minutes ago, Wild Wolf said:

YESSSSSSSSSSS

• Like 2

"Well...in the end, it boils down to two simple choices. Either you do or you don't.

You'd think with all the problems in this world, there'd be more answers. It's not fair...

»  kom starkru

Hi!  Following along again.....

Level 20 Daywalker

Fitbit

Rinna joins the Fellowship to Rivendell      318.24/458

Spoiler

"The only way to lose is to give up."

-Tanktimus the Encourager

"You can't beat someone that refuses to give up."

-Björn Járnhamar

I came here to ask if anyone else had a countdown running, but after reading this...

4 hours ago, Raxie said:

I have 5 weeks to finish (i.e. start and finish) real training for the PL comp at CAAAAAAAMMMPPP!

...I'm sure I don't need to ask.  ;)

Do you have an idea of what totals you're shooting for?

[ Level ?? ]    Havoc, the Cyberpunk Outrider. 

BRUTALITY 13 | FINESSE 12 | GRIT 13  | INSIGHT 15 | MOXIE 13

Challenges1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35

"Rangers have to at least give up on pants. It's a special rule we enacted after Rurik became a Guild Leader.” – DarK_RaideR.

"Did I just get my ass kicked by a member of Metallica meets History Channel's Vikings?" - Wolfpool.

"By the Well-Oiled-and-Meticulously-Groomed Beard of Rurik!" - Tanktimus the Encourager.

Wow! So many goals! You are going to feel so awesome after doing all of these things!

• Like 1

Gargoyle Ranger | Level 46

2021 challenges:  46 (current)

2015-2020 challenges: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 |15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 || 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 || 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 || 43 | 44 | 45

My epic quest | MEATBALL WARS

You don't get better at anything unless you start doing it.

Being alive is heckn swell. 

You got this!

robots7.gif

• Like 1

Race: Amazonian Ogre Princess | Class: Ranger | Profession: SuperHero

Level: 19 Ranger | STR 36 | DEX 29 | STA  35 | CON  43 | WIS 35 | CHA 23|

Spoiler

Epic Quest Avatar Lifting profile | D&D Character Sheet

Accountibillibuddies: Doodlies setting the world alight

Roadmaps: 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2019 | 2020 | 2021

I am not saying I am Wonder Woman. I am just saying no one has ever seen me and Wonder Woman together in the same room.

Current Challenge: Shello Finally Fitnesses (sort of) and does some other things

Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 789, 10, 11, 12 , 131415, 1617181920, 21, 2223242526272829303132, 33, 3435, 36??

Starting weight = 290.4; Current weight = 269; Total pounds lost: 21.4

13 hours ago, Raxie said:

I will stop coasting, I will lift 3x/week again, I will increase my weights per my programming, I will not debate whether or not I will do these things on any given day because I am a robot and a robot doesn't question it's programming. 

I love it.

• Like 1

Surviving the zombie apocalypse, one day at a time.

Current challenge: Ranger Five Leaves Abel!
Previous challenges: Ranger Five Ch 1, Ch 2

5k: 25:01

15 hours ago, shaarawy said:

Ooohh snap you are climbing a mountain in New Hampshire too!!  COOOOOOOOOOOL!!!  (Mine's Mt. Monadnock!)

Get that competition!!  You've gotta represent us Rangers at Camp! ^__________^

(Also Googled ROMWOD and oh my am I interested~)

WHAT?! That's so weird.  We really live parallel lives sometimes and it freaks me outttt. Bu tyeah, it's so awesomely pretty up there that's so exciting!

And yes! ROMWOD is awesome so far! Given I've only had it for 2 days but I've loved both sessions I've done.

15 hours ago, Terra said:

You got this!!!  

Thanks! :D

15 hours ago, mr_willes said:

Yay for camp lifting. You guys are gonna have to keep us updated on what's going on on camp for all of the Rangers who aren't going. I'm so envious!

We definitely will! There's like no service there so it will likely end up in a big update when I return but there will be updates for sure!

14 hours ago, Nymeria said:

Great challenge!  I also am working on some batch cooking this challenge.  Usually, if the food is already there, I'll eat healthy stuff.  The problems all arise when the food isn't there, and I just don't feel like I can be bothered to cook.  :hopelessness:

I can't wait to hear all about Camp!  

I'm the same way! If I cook it's great, if not I'm like welllllllllll why not pizza? I love cooking though so it's usually not an issue for me, it's the not getting bored of what I batched cooked that sometimes becomes a problem.

14 hours ago, Starpuck said:

Great goals Raxie!  I love how you've addressed the shifting mindset and have drawn the line!

9c4b24cc1cb6bc910e517e0b1fcb0671acf8bbcb

Also love the them!    You rock girl!   And to show you just how much... here is Gir, dancing to a song that could be about you!  If, ya know, the lyrics were Miss instead of Mister. ;)

Awwww YAY GIR <3

14 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Following along again, looking forward to CAAAAAAAAAAMP!

YAY! I am so excited to meet you!!

13 hours ago, Wild Wolf said:

CAAAAAAMP!! Promise me you'll be there next year? :) it will be great to meet you one day! (Along with everyone else.)

Awesome challenge! Stick to what's working and tweak the things that aren't- I like it!

mpw3w_s-200x150.gif?c=popkey-web&p=starbucks&i=frappuccino-brands&l=search&f=.gif

W0lf

"Maximum Effort"

Unless something goes horribly awry next year I am planning on being there!! ALSO me and Mr. Raxie are going to be in TX this fall to hit up a bunch of national parks! So maybe I will see you then?!

I actually have been wanting to record myself to see what I look like in terms of form.  I know my face gets redddddd and that's about it hahah :D

13 hours ago, shaarawy said:

YESSSSSSSSSSS

Don't you have a picture of a bunch of us Rangers and definitely not a stock photo rowing somewhere that you added motivational text to??

12 hours ago, Rinna said:

Hi!  Following along again.....

Yay! Hi!

11 hours ago, Rurik Harrgath said:

I came here to ask if anyone else had a countdown running, but after reading this...

...I'm sure I don't need to ask.  ;)

Do you have an idea of what totals you're shooting for?

OF COURSE I DO! I've got a countdown app on my phone which includes camp (33 days!!!!!!! well that's until I leave which is Monday night) and the Wonder Woman movie and the Dark Tower movie are on there.  Because reasons.

I honestly have no idea! I haven't ever really tried to see what my 1RM would be since I've just been doing 5x5 forever.  I imagine I can get somewhere near 400lb if I get my bench back up to where it was a few months ago (but that's a big if) and if my max squat is as high as I think it is based on how easy I've been pumping out the sets of 5.  I'll probably be taking a day off the strong lifts program in two weeks and testing my max's and I'll have a better idea then. We shall see!

10 hours ago, NeverThatBored said:

Wow! So many goals! You are going to feel so awesome after doing all of these things!

I am already feeling awesome and it's only day 2! Seriously I feel better than I have in a few weeks.  It's amazing what some mobility work and eating right can do for you!

9 hours ago, Big_Show said:

Yes!  CCCCAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMMMMMMMMMMPPPPPPPPP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YASSSSSSS!!!!!!!! CAAAAAAAAAAAAMMMMMMPPPPP! AND NERDVASION AND NERDPOCALYPSE (I DON'T KNOW WHAT THAT LAST ONE IS BUT IT SOUNDED LIKE IT BELONGED THERE)

8 hours ago, LadyShello said:

You got this!

robots7.gif

Thanks!!

7 hours ago, Marauder said:

Following. So much camp HYPE over here. :)

The hype is serioussss!

4 hours ago, SomeGuyFromScotland said:

Following as always. Git some!

It'll git got!

2 hours ago, Ranger Five said:

I love it.

I see it as kind of a more stringent version of hard hatting it haha

• Like 5

Zero Week - Monday

tumblr_mkdhk1UsbM1rtkcfwo7_250.gif

Yesterday went super well!  I did some happy AM yoga (a 15 minute yoga for digestion from Yoga by Candace since my tummy was still feeling all wonky from overdoing it with my visiting family over the weekend), did a ROMWOD when I got home from work (which I am totally loving by the way and as my free trial ticks away I'm thinking I really might subscribe...), and decided to use one of my active rest days since I had gotten about 3 hours of insomnia restless sleep the night before and just wasn't feeling up to the task of a real work out.  So I did a Fitness Blender core pilates-style workout which was TOUGH but still super low impact and good for active rest. I batch cooked a bunch of grilled bbq chicken and threw together a carribbeanish style marinade (with guavaberry liqueur from St. Maarten, jerk seasoning, St. Kitts island scotch bonnet hot sauce, soy sauce and onion) for the rest of the chicken which I'll be cooking off tonight.  For breakfast I had a banana, lunch was an egg salad wrap with veggies, and dinner was bbq chicken with steamed veggies.  I came in at 106 grams of protein!

So I'm off to a good start with shooting for my objectives this week! I slept so much better last night too so I'm sure today will be even better.  I've got some more awesome bbq chicken for lunch today and had macadamia nut butter from Hawaii with my banana this morning, plus I've got lifting planned for tonight along with some of the carribbean-ish marinated chicken for dinner.  It's going to be a good day :D 

• Like 9

def WorkoutDecision(self.dormantHrs, self.liftsDone, self.rowsDone):

"""Determines which workout to do based on the unit's dormancy hours the night before, and the workouts completed this week."""

if self.dormantHrs <= 6 and self.activeRestDone < 2:
        self.activeRestDone += 1
        return "Active Rest"

else:
          return Schedule(self.liftsDone, self.rowsDone, currentDay)

• Like 4

Surviving the zombie apocalypse, one day at a time.

Current challenge: Ranger Five Leaves Abel!
Previous challenges: Ranger Five Ch 1, Ch 2

5k: 25:01

Well I can't not follow you can I? Especially since you posted a K9 gif! 

Do you have a workout tracker that estimates your one rep max? I use Fit Notes and this has a pretty good estimator for all rep maxes.

16 hours ago, Raxie said:

I am a robot and a robot doesn't question it's programming

That's what us humans tell ourselves anyway ;)

• Like 2

Current: Assassins / Instagram

Previous: 1, 234, 5, 678910, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44

2020 Races: 
CANCELLED! Spartan Trifecta: Beast: 18-APR / Super :11-JUL / Sprint: 12-JUL

Summer Nuts: 5/6-SEPT / Nuclear Blast: 12-SEPT / Nuclear team race: 04-OCT 

"You have the heart of a Rebel"

"I'll take that as a compliment"

2 hours ago, Raxie said:

I honestly have no idea! I haven't ever really tried to see what my 1RM would be since I've just been doing 5x5 forever.  I imagine I can get somewhere near 400lb if I get my bench back up to where it was a few months ago (but that's a big if) and if my max squat is as high as I think it is based on how easy I've been pumping out the sets of 5.  I'll probably be taking a day off the strong lifts program in two weeks and testing my max's and I'll have a better idea then. We shall see!

YASSSSSSS!!!!!!!! CAAAAAAAAAAAAMMMMMMPPPPP! AND NERDVASION AND NERDPOCALYPSE (I DON'T KNOW WHAT THAT LAST ONE IS BUT IT SOUNDED LIKE IT BELONGED THERE)

Well I'm mega stoked to see you working down from 5x5 to your powerlifting 1RM.  The husband of one of my gym's lady regulars just joined up at the box and has been doing 10:00 classes with me.  He's a powerlifter and moves some serious weight so I've been picking his brain for tips and tricks!

I'm just here for the CAAAAAAAAAAAAMMMMMMPPPPP!!!!! enthusiasm now.

1 hour ago, Charlie_Quinn said:

But what if the robot wants more programming?  It wouldn't be the robot's fault for exceeding parameters!

• Like 5

[ Level ?? ]    Havoc, the Cyberpunk Outrider. 

BRUTALITY 13 | FINESSE 12 | GRIT 13  | INSIGHT 15 | MOXIE 13

Challenges1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35

"Rangers have to at least give up on pants. It's a special rule we enacted after Rurik became a Guild Leader.” – DarK_RaideR.

"Did I just get my ass kicked by a member of Metallica meets History Channel's Vikings?" - Wolfpool.

"By the Well-Oiled-and-Meticulously-Groomed Beard of Rurik!" - Tanktimus the Encourager.

1 hour ago, Raxie said:

macadamia nut butter from Hawaii

giphy.gif

That sounds amazing.............!

How do you use ROMWOD?  Streamed over phone or laptop or?  I'd want to stream it through my TV so I could do it in my living room, and I hate using my phone for watching things, it's so tiny~  I bet I could do it if I had one of those ChromeCast things or something.........

»  kom starkru

2 hours ago, Raxie said:

Unless something goes horribly awry next year I am planning on being there!! ALSO me and Mr. Raxie are going to be in TX this fall to hit up a bunch of national parks! So maybe I will see you then?!

I actually have been wanting to record myself to see what I look like in terms of form.  I know my face gets redddddd and that's about it hahah :D

Oh heck yeah! You know I'll make any attempt to meet up with you guys! If it works out time wise, we can double date and eat some spicy food! But just to speak into good faith, You WILL be at CAAAAAAAAMP next year, as will I :) 

Dooooo eeeeett! My face always gets red too-got that sensitive skin.

W0lf

Wild Wolf- LEVEL 2 (but probably more like lvl 50 if I didn't respawn so much)

Class: Howler/ Height: 6'2 / Weight: 192#

Stats: MIGHT: 12 / CONSTITUTION: 9 / DEXTERITY: 11 / PERCEPTION: 10 / INTELLECT: 9 / RESOLVE: 13

Instagram: @ryanwolfbell / Facebook: Ryan Wolf Bell / Bible App (YouVersion) Ryan Wolf Bell

Current Challenge: Omnis Vir Lupus

Spoiler

Last Challenge(s): 1/2/3/4/5/6/7/8/9/10/11/12/13/14/15/16

Unchained Predator Saga: 1

Epic Challenges: Welcome to the Fireteam & Wolfpool 

Know, O prince, that once the sun burns out and the earth's core becomes solid and cold, there will come a man to provide the endless energy needed to sustain life and for the planets to keep moving. He is the source of light and the warmth of hope back into the hearts of humanity...." - Dark_Raider

A wolf rises in my heart; against my darkness; against my demons; against my despair. I DECLARE WAR!

Romans 8:28 (CSB) We know that all things work together for the good of those who love God, who are called according to His purpose.

1 hour ago, Ranger Five said:

def WorkoutDecision(self.dormantHrs, self.liftsDone, self.rowsDone):

"""Determines which workout to do based on the unit's dormancy hours the night before, and the workouts completed this week."""

if self.dormantHrs <= 6 and self.activeRestDone < 2:
        self.activeRestDone += 1
        return "Active Rest"

else:
          return Schedule(self.liftsDone, self.rowsDone, currentDay)

Uhmmm.  This is awesome and I heart you.

Well I can't not follow you can I? Especially since you posted a K9 gif! 

:D K9 is the best! I wish he were around more often.

Do you have a workout tracker that estimates your one rep max? I use Fit Notes and this has a pretty good estimator for all rep maxes.

I haven't used Fit Notes specifically but I have used 1RM calculators.  I know they are coming in way low since they work off the assumption that the weight at that rep you put in is your like 5RM or something and none of my workouts have ever come close to failure.  So I really have no idea hahah.  I'll probably use a calculator as a starting point when I test it out in a few weeks though.

Wellll I'm a first generation early technology non-AI robot who has not yet learned to question my programming.  At least for the next 5 weeks.  Then I will question everything. And then...

giphy.gif

7 minutes ago, Rurik Harrgath said:

Well I'm mega stoked to see you working down from 5x5 to your powerlifting 1RM.  The husband of one of my gym's lady regulars just joined up at the box and has been doing 10:00 classes with me.  He's a powerlifter and moves some serious weight so I've been picking his brain for tips and tricks!

I'm super excited too! I haven't stopped with my newb gainz yet so hopefully I can get it up a bit higher than it is now before camp!

I'm just here for the CAAAAAAAAAAAAMMMMMMPPPPP!!!!! enthusiasm now.

raw

But what if the robot wants more programming?  It wouldn't be the robot's fault for exceeding parameters!

This robot is also programmed to politely ask for more programming if it feels its ready. And in some sort of strange accent because why not?

• Like 4