ixaera carries on my wayward son~

freck

Ambitious standards, but not beyond your capacity to succeed, I don't think. Will be watching with great interest as per usual.

• Like 1

Level 13 Shape-shifting Warrior Monk

STR:45 | DEX:18 | STA:10 | CON:37 | WIS:37 | CHA:27

The stronger the body the more it obeys, the weaker the body the more it commands. -- Siegmund Klein

Battle Log : MFP : Instagram : Challenges - 1, 23456789101112

1 hour ago, Urgan said:

Ambitious standards, but not beyond your capacity to succeed, I don't think. Will be watching with great interest as per usual.

The main changes are just seeking to limit those game-changing snack-ums and booze. I'm still allowed the small snacks that fit in my macros as normal (unless it's the one do-super-good day). And there's even the occasional drink that can fit without wrecking macros, as long as it's limited (which is the real trick, I suppose).

Edit: I guess the criteria for filling the quota involves whether or not I have to change or skip a meal around it, or if it ends up wrecking my protein for the day or I have to go over cals to hit protein to make up for it, that sort of thing.

• Like 2

Challenge Threads

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21

BATTLE LOG (Current)

MFP | Instagram

38 minutes ago, ixaera said:

The main changes are just seeking to limit those game-changing snack-ums and booze. I'm still allowed the small snacks that fit in my macros as normal (unless it's the one do-super-good day). And there's even the occasional drink that can fit without wrecking macros, as long as it's limited (which is the real trick, I suppose).

Edit: I guess the criteria for filling the quota involves whether or not I have to change or skip a meal around it, or if it ends up wrecking my protein for the day or I have to go over cals to hit protein to make up for it, that sort of thing.

If you had the day planned out fine and the snack blows it to hell, that will matter and thus counts. Probably would be a disincentive to have it, yes...?

• Like 1

The stronger the body the more it obeys, the weaker the body the more it commands. -- Siegmund Klein

11 hours ago, Urgan said:

If you had the day planned out fine and the snack blows it to hell, that will matter and thus counts. Probably would be a disincentive to have it, yes...?

You would think... but my history so far suggests that I'm not disincentivized enough to avoid large macro-complicating snacks and drinks! Usually when I haven't made my protein goal it's because I've had something heavy that is mostly carbs and wasn't willing to overeat to fill in the protein macro :S

• Like 1

Challenge Threads

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21

BATTLE LOG (Current)

MFP | Instagram

Lifts yesterday~

Stuck to dumbbells for shoulder press because all the weights for every set this 5 rep week were under 45.

Seated Dumbbell Shoulder Press

1x5 20 lbs

3x5 30 lbs

2x5 40 lbs

1x8 40 lbs

(I forgot to do AMRAP on the last set, so I came home, realized it, and quickly did an AMRAP set since I have adjustable dumbbells--that is why there is an extra set in there)

Bench Press

5x5 56 lbs

Palms in close-grip lat pulldown

5x10 60 lbs

Close-grip bench press

5x10 45 lbs

I've done the last thing before for triceps without it even phasing me much, but yesterday my triceps felt like someone took a hammer to them almost immediately. Probably still not fully recovered from the class wednesday.

Tomorrow is 5/3/1 Bench! Attemping 77 lbs! (I'm swapping upper and lower so I'm doing OHP on class days and thus less physically wiped)

• Like 3

Challenge Threads

BATTLE LOG (Current)

MFP | Instagram

Bench press day!

Bench presses

1x5 45 lbs

1x3 45 lbs

1x5 52.5 lbs

1x3 59.5 lbs

1x8 66.5 lbs lol all the reps, added three to this weight

1x4 70 lbs <-- added a rep to this too

1x3 73.5 lbs <-- added a rep to this weight

1x2 77 lbs <-- PR

Still have never failed one, but I had the safety bars up and was ready to use them if needed. This lift seems to be growing by lots and lots. I guess my chest is where I put all my muscle :S That's okay I guess, as long as it's going SOMEWHERE.

Overhead press

2x5 49 lbs

1x4 49 lbs

2x5 49 lbs

Um, lol, I forgot I was only supposed to do 3 reps oops

The fail in the middle is because I usually only rest 90-100 seconds on the second lift assistance, and it didn't work so well because, well, I was doing more reps than called for by accident

Seated cable row

1x10 50 lbs

2x10 60 lbs

1x8 60 lbs

1x10 60 lbs

50 lbs was redonk easy, 60 lbs was kinda hard. Lost a couple of reps on the 4th set so I just rested longer. Probably had too many cheaty reps, too. Next time, more rest.

Dumbbell curls (one arm at a time)

5x3 20 lbs (per side)

Also needed solid rest. Was going heavier because I dunno why.

Edit to add: I haven't been filming form in the new gym yet because there's lots of snarky signs about taking selfies. It PROBABLY doesn't apply to videoing for form, but I just wanna feel a little more like a solid "regular" first.

• Like 7

Challenge Threads

BATTLE LOG (Current)

MFP | Instagram

Some end of week 0 thoughts and clarification. 

I realized I needed something more concrete on goal 1.2, so I set a calorie limit on processed / sugary / shitty food snacks of 200 calories. This means that if the total quantity of crappy food is > 200 calories for the day, it counts against my quota. This combined with the 1.3 goal should guarantee 3 "good" days per week, which is I think a decent place to start. The idea is that regardless, I need to get that protein macro anyway.

More thoughts:

I totally failed at my cut week 0, this the final week of my cut. 1630 cals for an average, mostly due to 1700 calorie anniversary dinner last night which was AMAZING

I had seafood arancini (little fried risotto balls with shrimp and crab), chicken roulade w/ two carrots and tiny potato, a slice of dark chocolate espresso torte with some kind of caramelized orange, and a bunch of wine ofc. Keeb took me out to a farm to table type restaurant. So awesome. Totally worth the cut fail, especially since this is probably part of the reason I exploded through bench press today.

More, more thoughts:

I probably get to experience a squat fail tomorrow. Maybe. I think the chances are higher than a bench fail was today, anyway.

Even more thoughts:

Lemon cake is so tasty

Edit:

Here's a gif in anticipation of actually starting the challenge!

tumblr_m7aipfxyJR1rziwwco1_500.gif

Edit:

Even more more thoughts--

I think since bench is surpassing my other lifts by a fair bit, I'll raise the training max for that one an extra pound more than planned. Not much, but maybe it'll help even out the progress so I'm not deloading on deadlifts before I'm failing anything on benches. I don't know whether this even matters :S

Challenge Threads

BATTLE LOG (Current)

MFP | Instagram

If you're going to splurge, it might as well be on something AMAZING, congratulations on that. 

Word of advice re: jumping weight on the bench: Don't. You don't want to mess with the plan, it leads to plateaus and you do not want to go there. Speaking from the experience of doing that very thing, I became well acquainted with Regret. 

• Like 4

Just now, Urgan said:

If you're going to splurge, it might as well be on something AMAZING, congratulations on that. 

Word of advice re: jumping weight on the bench: Don't. You don't want to mess with the plan, it leads to plateaus and you do not want to go there. Speaking from the experience of doing that very thing, I became well acquainted with Regret. 

2.5 for press/bench and 5 for deads/squats it remains, then!

(I don't even bother trying 5/10, it failed SO quickly the last time)

• Like 1

Challenge Threads

BATTLE LOG (Current)

MFP | Instagram

1 minute ago, ixaera said:

2.5 for press/bench and 5 for deads/squats it remains, then!

(I don't even bother trying 5/10, it failed SO quickly the last time)

Yeah, 5/10 is for the guys and the detrained lifter at the very beginning of their program. It doesn't last long, either way. Enjoy the easy while it lasts~

• Like 1

plate math fails this morning accidentally PR'd on work sets before I even got to jokers oops...

took the bar off the rack and my legs shook and I thought I was doing 114 and was so disheartened for a minute or two

sigh

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Challenge Threads

BATTLE LOG (Current)

MFP | Instagram

46 minutes ago, ixaera said:

plate math fails this morning accidentally PR'd on work sets before I even got to jokers oops...

took the bar off the rack and my legs shook and I thought I was doing 114 and was so disheartened for a minute or two

sigh

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

This doesn't sound like a terrible error to me. Congrats on the PR! ;) 

• Like 1

Jǫrð, Delvian Nomad - Level 12 { Battle Log }

34 minutes ago, Taddea Zhaan said:

This doesn't sound like a terrible error to me. Congrats on the PR! ;) 

hahah, thanks!

I was on the last work set, SUPPOSED to be doing 114. I was like, I can manage two reps MAYBE but it'll be close D: Going wtf is wrong with me, I've done 126 for 1 before, 114 shouldn't be so hard.

Set it back on the rack after 1, stared at the plates... something was definitely wrong. I had a 25 lb plate, 10 lb plate, 5 lb plate, and 4 half pound plates on each side. I realize very slowly that I've just done a rep of 129, not 114 :S

It gets better, you see. Then I was like "okay, PR cool, but let's continue with the programmed sets okay??" and tried to do 114 again (I wanted to do 7 reps).

I did 4, and was all mad again. Go back to change up to 120 and realize I just did a set of 119. Decided to skip the 120 lb set since I'd basically just done it anyway.

I seriously cannot math in the morning sometimes. The worst part is FitNotes can TELL me what plates to use, I just usually don't need it that bad.

And yep, I made my 132 lb PR as well! even after all that mess lol 

tumblr_static_tumblr_static_2jrdzgkj3a68

• Like 5

Challenge Threads

BATTLE LOG (Current)

MFP | Instagram

Morning plate math is the worst.  I've whoopsie-PR'ed on pretty much every lift (exception being OHP) by mathing wrong with the 5lbs or fractionals.  Deerrrppp.

A win is still a win though!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1267.gif

• Like 2

i am not waiting for a hero.  i saved myself long ago.

Level 50 Bardic Time-Mage; of the Furious Heart

STR.55  DEX.43 STA.48 CON.51 WIS.53 CHA.65

"Well...in the end, it boils down to two simple choices. Either you do or you don't.

You'd think with all the problems in this world, there'd be more answers. It's not fair...
...But that's the way things are. The choice is yours."