ElvenEngineer Uses Focus

ElvenEngineer does NOT do ALL THE THINGS.

Quest 1:

Sooo... last challenge ended with kind of an interesting circumstance. ER visits - not super fun. Went for follow up today - they suggested ibuprofen and PT. I will be starting PT on September 1st, but until then I need to stay mobile. 

So my goal is: do some kind of intentional movement every day - mobility for 5+ minutes, yoga, walking, stretching, etc. 

I am NOT allowed to remember at the end of the day and be like: oh, I took the stairs, that counts. NOPE. Intentional - choose to do it. 

Quest 2: 

50g of protein tracked a day in MFP. This will require slightly intentional effort than before, but is hopefully still easy. 

Quest 3:

Though I'm not not going to Mexico for work (this time) I still really want to keep up my Spanish. So the challenge continues: 2 lessons of Duolingo a day (this does NOT count as adulting)

Adult:

Intentionally do one adult thing a day.

-do laundry

-clean for 5 minutes

-register to vote in my new state

-buy stuff to hang up frames

-hang up frames

-batch cook

-etc.

Can you tell I'm trying to be more mindful and intentional? I don't like this thing where I do stuff just to... do stuff. I love mindlessly watching tv shows, but.... I like other things more. 

Also, if you think this is basically a repeat of my last challenge - you're basically right. Details.

Why fix it if it isn't broken? 

• Like 9

Goal: Deadlift a (Female) Wookie (100 kg): 65.8%

Thanks! I'm also going to be trying to 'intentionally' post at least every other day.

Quest 1: played Pokemon Go at the green

Quest 2: 51g including the dinner I haven't eaten yet. Not starting off strong Elvie..... but it's at least still Zero week!

Quest 3: Did my two sessions

LQ: Laundry, going to doctor, setting up PT appointments, and filling out voter registration, oh my!

• Like 8

Great to hear they gave you the script for PT!!! Here's hoping it helps! :D 

• Like 1
4 hours ago, wildross said:

Focus is ....squirrel!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

54ebb5b6-906c-4e3d-940f-b6a488a15eff.jpg

4aa7198d89b913adf0f1bf6d185e203b4d343a41

• Like 5

Classless Human Male Warrior - Introduction

Height: 1.77m Weight: 93 kg

Spoiler

Current Maxes: (repsxkg)

Squat: 10x122.3, 5x138.2, 3x147; 1x170

Bench Press: 10x79, 5x93, 1x102

Deadlift: 10x152, 5x192, 3x210, 1x229

Overhead Press: 10x52, 5x61, 1x70.3

Current Battle Log: 1707 Sam Ashen Summer Swole Program

2017 Challenges:  1701 1702 1703 1704 1705

Previous Challenges: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 1603 1604 1605 1606 1607 1609  1610 1611 1612

Daily Log:The Daily Grind

Form Check:  Stronglifts Olympic

More FC's:  Pistol Squats

Want to play?  MFPvP

Today I:

Quest 1: Walked to the Walgreens to buy stamps instead of driving to Walmart

Quest 2: 63g of protein - though I didn't eat dinner. Bad Elvie.

Quest 3: Did the Duolingo thing - carried on part of a conversation today in spanish over instant messaging. I'm quite proud of myself!

Adulting: Bought stamps, mailed graduation announcements, and voter registration for NJ

Now

giphy.gif

One-extremely-sleepy-kitten.gif

anigif_enhanced-buzz-2410-1369939749-19.

• Like 8

Quest 1: 5 minutes of mobility

Quest 2: 52g of protein

Quest 3: Finished the skill 'Objects' in duolingo - I am now 32% fluent in spanish according to it lol

LQ: I did dishes today, and went to see a kickball game with coworkers (the coworkers were playing the kickball, I was cheering). Also need to buy plane tickets tonight for the wedding, once my internet is up (ah, wifi troubles - typing this on my phone is such fun)

• Like 1

Yesterday, 8/19/2016

Quest 1: Sat in an ATG squat while watching Orphan Black trying to gently stretch out my Achilles. More on that below.

Quest 2: Fail. Only logged a muffin. (12.6 g of protein - they're my muffins lol)

Quest 3: Started the skill adverbs - 33% - not sure about the percentages - they feel a bit arbitrary lol. Maybe It would be better to say I'm 33% done with the duolingo course rather than 33% fluent.

LQ: Bought plane tickets for wedding, made an appointment for TSA Pre-check

So, when I went to the hospital last week, my right calf was tight. Like, really really, hard as a rock, tight. I was trying to stretch it, but it basically wouldn't stretch. My Achilles was fine then though, I had the ROM, it was just too tight.

Since then, calf has gotten better, but now the Achilles on that foot is really tight. I don't have full ROM, which makes it hard to squat ATG (ankle mobility is kinda important for that).

Does anyone know of any good stretches/PT work I could be doing while I wait for my PT evaluation on September 1st?

Since one is tight, the other one has basically matched it. The left ankle has better ROM than the right, but it isn't as good as it was, say 2 weeks ago.

Ankle circles are a thing, I have the 'becoming a supple leopard 2.0' book that I need to look though, but I'd love other suggestions.

To stretch my Achilles, I've done all sorts of things.  Stand toes on the edge of the step, heel in the air.  Kneel facing a wall, toes about 4" from the wall, and drive your knee to the wall, heel on the ground.  Catchers squat, squat knees out, but feet together.  I have also used a large foam roller and rolled the back of my calves.  I cross my legs at the ankle and basically plank between my shoulder and one calf on the roller and rock up and down, repositioning up and down the calf.  It can be somewhat uncomfortable as hard rolling usually is. 

Did any of these work particularly well?  Meh.  Didn't find a magic bullet here.

• Like 1

Intro

Challenges: #1#2#3#4, #5

8 hours ago, elvenengineer said:

I have the 'becoming a supple leopard 2.0' book that I need to look though, but I'd love other suggestions.

I don't have anything off the top of my head, but will second your own suggestion -- if you haven't used the book yet, all the mobility is organized by body part/muscle group, so there should be a perfect section for you :). I'd also check the muscles upstream and downstream.

Nice adulting!

• Like 2

-:- THE LIONESS -:-

Challenge 2.1, 2.2, 2.3, 2.4, 2.5, 2.6, 2.7, 2.8, 2.9, 2.10 

I wish I had some ideas for you! I'm afraid that by the time I get to learning about that you're PT will have come and gone. ATG is always good, seems like a good idea to do that on the reg!

• Like 1

Good idea doing stuff intentionally that you think you'll probably do accidentally. I've had to be very intentional about being productive recently, after doing stuff when I felt like it didn't work out.

"I've got to look like I could kill someone when I take my shirt off." - Daniel Craig

Epic Quest character

Level 13 Human Warrior

STR - 63 DEX - 22 STA - 16 CON - 47 WIS - 48 CHA - 7

On 8/19/2016 at 11:52 AM, elvenengineer said:

Yesterday, 8/19/2016

Quest 1: Sat in an ATG squat while watching Orphan Black trying to gently stretch out my Achilles. More on that below.

Quest 2: Fail. Only logged a muffin. (12.6 g of protein - they're my muffins lol)

Quest 3: Started the skill adverbs - 33% - not sure about the percentages - they feel a bit arbitrary lol. Maybe It would be better to say I'm 33% done with the duolingo course rather than 33% fluent.

LQ: Bought plane tickets for wedding, made an appointment for TSA Pre-check

So, when I went to the hospital last week, my right calf was tight. Like, really really, hard as a rock, tight. I was trying to stretch it, but it basically wouldn't stretch. My Achilles was fine then though, I had the ROM, it was just too tight.

Since then, calf has gotten better, but now the Achilles on that foot is really tight. I don't have full ROM, which makes it hard to squat ATG (ankle mobility is kinda important for that).

Does anyone know of any good stretches/PT work I could be doing while I wait for my PT evaluation on September 1st?

Since one is tight, the other one has basically matched it. The left ankle has better ROM than the right, but it isn't as good as it was, say 2 weeks ago.

Ankle circles are a thing, I have the 'becoming a supple leopard 2.0' book that I need to look though, but I'd love other suggestions.

So, I have a stretch that @Nightlight sent me that's legit the best thing I've ever done for my ankles.  I'll try to find the video she sent me and send it to you. Or, I'll see if I can record and send it.  I can't describe it accurately with words sooo yeah. 

• Like 2

"I'm just going to remember to not eat like an asshole most of the time" - MoC

three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: one must squat.- Brobert Frost
 Half-Elf Warrior | Current Challenge
 New Battle Log | Old Battle Log
Special thanks to AkLulu for drawing my awesome avatar!