Sylvaa In Wonderland

Sylvaa

So I was catching up on e-mails and read the NF Motivation e-mail and wanted to share a lovely YouTube video. 

My husband and I went out to dinner last night. We used to do dinner dates pretty regularly, but have been trying to save money, so we stopped. Considering how the night could have gone, I did pretty well with calories (yay for not eating dessert!). We also stopped to get more ibuprofen, and I've been able to walk around this morning comparatively pain free. I'm still taking next week light because I'm not that much of a sadist. It also helped me get a good night of sleep, which hasn't been the case for two weeks. 

• Like 7

Yay for date night!  And for having less pain!!

• Like 1

Level: 15 Race: Human Class: Adventurer (Sailor Senshi/Aes Sedai)

STR: 14    DEX: 12    STA: 16   CON: 28   WIS: 26    CHA: 15 

(unspent points: 6? challenges worth)

Weight Loss Progress (SW 12/5/15 272)

Mini-Goal: Get back down to my low 152.2 - SW 6/1/17 170.4 - CW 6/10/17: 166.6

regained the last few months - back on track losing in June

My Battle Log|My NF Character Sheet

Challenges:

1/16-2/16-3/16-4/16-5/16-6/16-7/16-8/16-9/16-11/16-12/16-1/17-2/17-

1 hour ago, MichiruSedai said:

Yay for date night!  And for having less pain!!

I read "having less pants." Which is strange but hey, it was date night.

• Like 6

Level 69 Battle Kitten

Profile photo is ancient but I'm too lazy to change it. 

Battle Log | Current Challenge

MyFitnessPal | Fitbit | Duolingo

Ici je vis la vie que j'ai choisie

Je suis partie pour reconstruire ma vie

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

Probably less painful, too.  Nothing pinching at the waist.

• Like 1

Challenges:

Venting Session Incoming:

Spoiler

Pretty sure I've discussed this before. 

So my mother-in-law is super close with my husband's ex-wife. Like, they've been divorced for 8'ish? (not totally certain of the time frame, but around this), but they still talk a lot. Now, there are a lot of times where this is perfectly acceptable. I have a lot of respect for couples who can divorce and keep courteous relationships. Unfortunately, this really isn't the case in this situation. Prior to separating, not only did his ex-wife lie and cheat on him, she also accused his brother of physically assaulting her. So both of her sons will be polite (because there are children involved), but have very little interaction with her if possible. They have also both let it be known that they are not happy with the fact their mother talks to this woman as much as she does.

So today - my mother-in-law took the girls with her to Target, ran into the ex-wife, and proceeded to walk around Target with her. Now, why does this bother me? Because one of those girls is mine. My daughter was not a fan of the situation (based on the stories my step-daughter tells her, she does not like this woman either), but was stuck.

I'm not mentioning this to anyone outside of here. I know there's no point in bringing it up, because out of all of the people who can be upset about the situation, I have the least reason to be. It just seems so disloyal to your children to be like that, which really is what bothers me about this situation. Actually, it's not the only thing. This woman is not the kind of person I want my children around. I can't control that my step-kids are around her, but it just drives me crazy that my daughter gets put in a position where she has to be. Actually, it bothers me that my mother-in-law is closer with my husband's ex than she is with me. 

In better news, I think the girls and I are going to start bullet journals (or something kind of like them - not totally). I'm looking at ideas and thinking about set ups and the girls said there were interested in making them too. We will probably start them for September. I will try to remember to keep it up and take pictures. Love having things to do that give me time hanging out with the kids that doesn't include electronics too. 

• Like 5
  • Like 3

Current Challenge Original 1,2,3, R 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30,31,32,33,34,35,36,37,38,39,40,41,42,43,44,45,46,47,48,49,50,51

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

What's a bullet journal?

Sorry MIL is kinda meh.  *hugs*

• Like 1

Challenges:

14 hours ago, MichiruSedai said:

What's a bullet journal?

A bullet journal (or BuJo) is basically a consolidated way to keep track of everything that you need to. People use it in different ways based upon their needs. Here is the link for more info. I've actually seen a lot that are more habit tracker focused and with weekly vs. daily spreads - which I love! 

2 hours ago, Kelley Gammell said:

Depending on what you want to track i have some great spread ideas if you need more help!

I have a pretty good idea as to how I'm going to set mine up, but I'd love more suggestions. I'm definitely doing a "Books to Read" section, a weekly spread, a monthly habit tracker, and I don't even know what else yet.

In regards to the MIL, nothing to do about it. Rationally, I think that the two of them have a lot of similarities and my MIL wants to believe the best about the ex wife and tries to act like her mother. I'm thinking about seeing if she wants to do the Bullet Journaling with us - maybe as a way to spend some quality time. I'm torn though, because that is a lot of time to spend with my MIL....

• Like 4
Just now, Kelley Gammell said:

Oh man that sucks :-( unless eevees are rare where you are...

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk

Surprisingly, there aren't a lot of eevee's around - but there are enough that I was able to evolve one already. This wasn't even a particularly strong one. 

It's okay to laugh about it though.

• Like 2

Booo, that egg hatching let down is no fun! 

But yay bujo! I have found a "gift ideas" page really useful for writing down ideas for birthday presents and stuff for people. Also, movies to watch (right next to my books list) comes in handy when I want to find something to watch.  

• Like 3

Gargoyle Ranger | Level 46

2021 challenges:  46 (current)

2015-2020 challenges: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 |15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 || 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 || 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 || 43 | 44 | 45

My epic quest | MEATBALL WARS

You don't get better at anything unless you start doing it.

Being alive is heckn swell. 

7 hours ago, Sylvaa said:

In other news:

I had a 10k egg from Pokemon Go. It finally hatched this morning.

I got an Evee....

There's a vorpal/shadow/dark/i-forget-the-type version that you can evolve it into, right?

Also, there was mention of a pictures of a certain card being here. :P

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Teros said:

There's a vorpal/shadow/dark/i-forget-the-type version that you can evolve it into, right?

There is in the newer games, but Pokemon Go only uses the original 150 pokemon, so it only has the electric, fire, and water type evolutions.

• Like 1

2015-2020 challenges: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 |15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 || 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 || 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 || 43 | 44 | 45

On 8/22/2016 at 7:13 PM, Teros said:

I'm just telling everyone I'm TWELVE!

Update: *crickets*

I'm still on full rest mode, along with some ibuprofen for good measure. It's fine though, because I've had a ton of work to do. Also, why in the world do they make packages with 2.5 servings of beef jerky in them? 

10bff71cd2f2021fbcd87f05b01a1d8e.jpg

Getting up early is going well, even if I've just been using the time to scroll through Pinterest for stuff. I did switch my chair at work, because the height of the chair seems to aggravate the problem. I'm also tracking all the food and at least attempting to not blow through calories. I bought dinner for the week last night apparently - it was supposed to be a dinner for two (I was planning on eating it last night and today for lunch) - well, guess who still has food?! Quick rant though: who doesn't bring plastic silverware with an order coming to a hotel? 

Also, apparently I can't be trusted to remember something to sleep in while traveling. 

• Like 9
12 minutes ago, Sylvaa said:

Also, apparently I can't be trusted to remember something to sleep in while traveling. 

I forget pajamas all the time when I'm travelling too! 

• Like 1

Just now, NeverThatBored said:

I forget pajamas all the time when I'm travelling too! 

Just now, Kelley Gammell said:

Me too! Even when i just go visit my parents!

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk

Good to know this isn't just me. To be fair, I've got an oversized Nirvana shirt I sleep in and I think my step-daughter stole it, because she loves 5SOS and one of the band members wears the same shirt. So it's possible I'm not packing it because it's no longer in my room.

(I'm not sure if I should be happy or creeped out by the fact that I end up sharing clothes with my teen girls - my daughter took my bandeau a few weeks ago). 

• Like 2