Sylvaa In Wonderland

Sylvaa

Okay - so I found out today I did not get promoted this year.

Super sucky, but both my manager and my manager's manager (who is also my PM) talked to me about it. Apparently, with me, the entire decision was budget-driven (there was another round of promotion cuts that I had made it through). My PM is actually (for him) pretty irritated. He told me he feels like I perform better than some other people at a level above me. 

So I am not currently job searching. It is going to be super fun to work, go to school, and job search. 

TMI Spoiler:

Spoiler

Also, I am not a particularly emotional person. But oh my god why do I have to get the news I was not promoted on the same day that I start my period? Like seriously, I teared up about 6 times. 

• Like 3
4 minutes ago, Sylvaa said:

Okay - so I found out today I did not get promoted this year.

Super sucky, but both my manager and my manager's manager (who is also my PM) talked to me about it. Apparently, with me, the entire decision was budget-driven (there was another round of promotion cuts that I had made it through). My PM is actually (for him) pretty irritated. He told me he feels like I perform better than some other people at a level above me. 

So I am not currently job searching. It is going to be super fun to work, go to school, and job search. 

TMI Spoiler:

Reveal hidden contents

Also, I am not a particularly emotional person. But oh my god why do I have to get the news I was not promoted on the same day that I start my period? Like seriously, I teared up about 6 times. 

Awe that sucks, but i am glad they talked to you about why and told you that it wasn't you. *Hug*

I hope the days gets better, I suggest dark chocolate if allowed :) 

And Mother nature sure seems to be almost spiteful that way doesn't she?

• Like 1

My Character ~~ My Log ~~ Formerly Kelley Gammell

Ughhhh I'm sorry to hear that. Even when they tell you stuff like this is budget-driven, it just never feels ok! *hugs*

• Like 1

Gargoyle Ranger | Level 46

2021 challenges:  46 (current)

2015-2020 challenges: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 |15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 || 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 || 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 || 43 | 44 | 45

My epic quest | MEATBALL WARS

You don't get better at anything unless you start doing it.

Being alive is heckn swell. 

That stinks about the promotion.

• Like 1

Current Challenge Original 1,2,3, R 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30,31,32,33,34,35,36,37,38,39,40,41,42,43,44,45,46,47,48,49,50,51

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

That sucks. :( But at least you know it's not about your performance. 

• Like 1

Level: 15 Race: Human Class: Adventurer (Sailor Senshi/Aes Sedai)

STR: 14    DEX: 12    STA: 16   CON: 28   WIS: 26    CHA: 15 

(unspent points: 6? challenges worth)

Weight Loss Progress (SW 12/5/15 272)

Mini-Goal: Get back down to my low 152.2 - SW 6/1/17 170.4 - CW 6/10/17: 166.6

regained the last few months - back on track losing in June

My Battle Log|My NF Character Sheet

Challenges:

1/16-2/16-3/16-4/16-5/16-6/16-7/16-8/16-9/16-11/16-12/16-1/17-2/17-

6 hours ago, Sylvaa said:

TMI Spoiler:

Hide contents

Aw, sorry to hear that, that is seriously annoying. Stupid budgets. If it makes you fell any better, I teared up while watching a doco on horses last night because it mentioned that some breeds nearly went extinct after the industrial revolution - even though I know they didn't and are flourishing to this day. And it's not even shark week...

• Like 3

Ugh, I'm sorry on both counts. At least you know your performance is awesome.

• Like 1

Level 69 Battle Kitten

Profile photo is ancient but I'm too lazy to change it. 

Battle Log | Current Challenge

MyFitnessPal | Fitbit | Duolingo

Ici je vis la vie que j'ai choisie

Je suis partie pour reconstruire ma vie

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

Spoiler

Your uterus totally knows the best time to start a period for maximum emotional overdrive. It's true

Mad props for the compliments, but that really sucks about the promotion :(

• Like 2

-S t a r . R u b y -

"I AM AN ETERNAL FLAME, BABY!"

heatherallyse

str: 1, dex: 1, sta: 1, con: 3.5, wis: 3.0, cha: 1.5

Challenge Chapter I : Exit, Blerch : Chapter II : Enter, Self : Chapter III : Phoenix Ascendant 

Challenge Zombie Arc: 2016 - Infected : Infected, Part II : Typhoid Ruby (Infected, pt II continued)

Hey, look! It's the completely awesome Battle Log I keep neglecting!

So in an effort to temper the disappointment of not being promoted, today we discussed raises and bonuses. It is probably a good business model, "hey, we aren't promoting you, but here's some extra money!" 

I'm just frustrated. We don't live a lavish lifestyle, but I like where we stand financially. We have enough money for our bills, a nice vacation every year, and savings. Plus enough to not worry when extra expenses pop up. I don't want to give up the lifestyle we currently have, but I'm not sure if where I am is where I want to be work-wise. And dammit, they keep giving me more money and it makes it harder to leave. I know money isn't everything, but I spent a lot of years struggling and I don't want to go back to worrying about how to make money stretch through each paycheck or all of those things that make life hard. And it's not that I don't like my job, but I've never struggled at a job and I feel like I'm not always good at what I do. And not getting promoted just makes me wonder if that is how other people see me too. It makes me wonder what I'm doing here if I'm not good at it. 

In better news, my leg has definitely improved. Yesterday it was horrible - I could not get comfortable on the ride to the airport. But on the plane ride home, it just kind of went away. And, while there are occasional twinges, it's definitely a lot better than it was. And tomorrow is the Spartan!

• Like 9

I'm so completely totally with you on the job front.  I like architecture and I'm reasonably good at it (even though other things come much more naturally to me), but I never really get to do much of what I enjoy in this current job--most of my day consists of fixing other people's already-built mistakes.  I keep getting raises and the job security is incredibly strong, so it makes it hard to think about looking for something else that might be more enjoyable or fulfilling, especially as the sole provider for a fairly large, young family.

I comfort myself with the knowledge that the future is still wide open.  The fact that some doors are closing behind me (I've finally accepted that I'll never play pro sports) doesn't mean that there won't be a plethora of doors ahead.  There will be time to pursue other things. :)

• Like 4

He has showed you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of

you but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God?

Getting a raise without the extra responsibility and bullshit of a promotion isn't terrible. Except for the part where it's hella frustrating. Given that your PM was irritated on your behalf, I'm guessing other people think you perform just fine. He said you perform better than people above you, and that's not a thing you just throw around casually. 

• Like 2

Level 69 Battle Kitten

Profile photo is ancient but I'm too lazy to change it. 

Battle Log | Current Challenge

MyFitnessPal | Fitbit | Duolingo

Ici je vis la vie que j'ai choisie

Je suis partie pour reconstruire ma vie

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

20 hours ago, Sylvaa said:

So in an effort to temper the disappointment of not being promoted, today we discussed raises and bonuses. It is probably a good business model, "hey, we aren't promoting you, but here's some extra money!" 

I'm just frustrated.

Did you want to save up a big nest egg and then make the switch you talked to me about?

• Like 1

I'm glad your leg is feeling better!

• Like 1

Challenges:

DC Spartan has been completed!

So the good: The weather going into the week was nice and warm with no rain. There was very little mud on the course, so it ended up being more of a trail run with obstacles. Doing this with new people was great - this was the best race I've done for a newbie (I say that like I'm a veteran, but oh my god, I'm pretty sure it wouldn't have gone so well on some of the other courses I've done). I also fully understand why people do this in groups, the experience is much different right from the beginning. 

I cannot say how proud I am of the girls I ran with NTB is a freaking natural. Flea did such a great job on the course. We picked up another girl (whose husband left her) and we got everyone across the finish line! Most of the volunteers we encountered were amazing (the guy at the top of the Stairway I just wanted to hug - he was literally amazing). 

The bad: I've got to focus on my upper body and getting the rig / bars / rope. I'm tired of not being able to do them. My pull up bar is going to get a place of honor near the doorway, so every time I walk past, I can at least attempt a pull up. My goal is to get to a point where, when I am helping people, I look amazing doing so. I'd also like to get to a point to be able to run Sprints twice (once in the morning myself for time) and then once in a group. 

• Like 14

Well done on the Spartan, nice to hear Team NF represented well.

• Like 3

Current Challenge Original 1,2,3, R 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30,31,32,33,34,35,36,37,38,39,40,41,42,43,44,45,46,47,48,49,50,51

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

Umm, you already looked amazing while helping people???

But those are awesome goals! Two Sprints in one day?? So cool!

• Like 4

Gargoyle Ranger | Level 46

2021 challenges:  46 (current)

2015-2020 challenges: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 |15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 || 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 || 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 || 43 | 44 | 45

My epic quest | MEATBALL WARS

You don't get better at anything unless you start doing it.

Being alive is heckn swell. 

well done!!

• Like 1

Challenges: