Sylvaa In Wonderland

Sylvaa

I totally blanked on giving you money for parking before we left. I guess we'll just have to hang out at some point so I can remedy that. =P

• Like 1

Level 69 Battle Kitten

Profile photo is ancient but I'm too lazy to change it. 

Battle Log | Current Challenge

MyFitnessPal | Fitbit | Duolingo

Ici je vis la vie que j'ai choisie

Je suis partie pour reconstruire ma vie

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

So straight from Spartan on Saturday to Charlotte for work meetings Monday.

In a weird head space after the meetings - not because of work things really, but personal things related to work people. I think I am better now.

I didn't eat enough food all week and then had alcohol, but made sure to not have enough to get stupid (yay adulting!). Now I'm ready for the weekend. 

Also, the leg is finally just about healed.

• Like 7

You are a beast of adulting prowess!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

-S t a r . R u b y -

"I AM AN ETERNAL FLAME, BABY!"

heatherallyse

str: 1, dex: 1, sta: 1, con: 3.5, wis: 3.0, cha: 1.5

Challenge Chapter I : Exit, Blerch : Chapter II : Enter, Self : Chapter III : Phoenix Ascendant 

Challenge Zombie Arc: 2016 - Infected : Infected, Part II : Typhoid Ruby (Infected, pt II continued)

Hey, look! It's the completely awesome Battle Log I keep neglecting!

Just now, DrFeelgood said:

That's okay, I ate enough for both of us. :D

Glad you got my back! I did go to this amazing place Amelie's and ate so many sweets (okay - I ate three).

3 minutes ago, StarRuby said:

You are a beast of adulting prowess!

Last year, I did tequila shots with people and it did not end well. This year, I was determined to not do anything stupid. I thought I did well, but maybe not as well as I'd like. There's a story involved, but I don't want to broadcast it (sorry peeps).  

• Like 5

Last year, I did tequila shots with people and it did not end well. This year, I was determined to not do anything stupid. I thought I did well, but maybe not as well as I'd like. There's a story involved, but I don't want to broadcast it (sorry peeps).  

I feel like this is the beginning of "How Sylvaa Accidentally Joined the Avengers".

Guess what I'm writing when I get home?

• Like 4

-S t a r . R u b y -

"I AM AN ETERNAL FLAME, BABY!"

heatherallyse

str: 1, dex: 1, sta: 1, con: 3.5, wis: 3.0, cha: 1.5

Challenge Chapter I : Exit, Blerch : Chapter II : Enter, Self : Chapter III : Phoenix Ascendant 

Challenge Zombie Arc: 2016 - Infected : Infected, Part II : Typhoid Ruby (Infected, pt II continued)

Hey, look! It's the completely awesome Battle Log I keep neglecting!

On 9/2/2016 at 11:20 AM, StarRuby said:

I feel like this is the beginning of "How Sylvaa Accidentally Joined the Avengers".

Guess what I'm writing when I get home?

Anxiously awaiting my copy of this story.

So my main goal of this challenge was to not screw up my eating. I'm doing well! Even after wings and beer, I am still at 175 (note, I'm 5'11"). I'm totally cool with staying at this weight as long as I start putting on some more muscle. I've got a plan and now that my leg is finally mended, I'm ready to put this to work. 

But life, as always, has a habit of getting in the way. We've had a bit of drama going around - my step-children's mother moved out of her husband's house this past weekend and in with her boyfriend (who lives at least 30 minutes away). The good news is that I am working from home this week, so I'm able to keep things status quo as we try to figure out schedules and whatnot. The bad news is that we have no idea how she is going to try to manipulate the schedule with the kids for at least the rest of this year. I don't think the kids are having any of it, so that's a positive.

Also, Spartan pictures:

57c3cc6f878e2b9711b83ccd-p.JPG

Flea, NTB, me, and our new friend Emily. She was super sweet, and I can't even begin to explain how proud I am that she jumped that fire.

57c3cc56b5332ea111ed4b6d-p.JPG

Okay, so this girl wasn't really with us, although we helped her out with the stairway. But Emily and I are in the background (along with my absolute favorite volunteer of the day). She was not sure how she was going to get over the top and he was so encouraging and awesome. 

• Like 9

Good news about being home for a week: Getting to go to Pound and PiYo at the gym.

Bad news about being home for a week: Thinking I can do BOTH Pound and PiYo back to back.

The gym was so hot last night, I got home and my shirt was soaking in sweat. It's never a good sign where you go to start a PiYo song and the instructor goes, "well, this one is going to make you want to throw up". Also, no one else showed up for the second class, so it was just her and I. So of course I didn't want to not do things as she would totally see....

Also, I realized that my gym has a rope I can use for practicing a rope climb! Yay!

• Like 10
2 hours ago, EricMN said:

Late to the party as always, but not too late to congratulate you on your Spartan awesomeness.

!! I mean, I have a few years to go until I hit your levels of awesomeness, but I'm trying.

Life Update: Mom moving in with boyfriend has not created a complete upheaval in our lives. The kids are just with us practically full-time (they've seen their mom for about 5 hours in the past two weeks). They seem to be taking it well, but adults at school know what is going on just in case. Step-daughter is just pretty much fed up with the situation.

Took my daughter homecoming dress shopping this weekend. Apparently, she has been asked by multiple guys (I think 3) to go with them... I'm not sure whose daughter I got, but she's obviously not mine. I did not get asked to a single dance in my entire 4 years of high school. 

Working on setting up my next workout set up. I need to stop being such a spaz with a routine. 

• Like 5

Note to self: when doing weighted hip bridges, do not make eye contact with foreign men in the gym. This is disconcerting for all parties involved.

I've decided to start doing the Spartan WOD instead of finding a random program. I like doing all the things and for right now, this has the most variety. If I can't do something *cough pull ups*, then I will adjust the workout accordingly to work on my weaknesses. 

Also, the gym scale had me at like 156 pounds yesterday - someone needs to calibrate that thing (believe me, it's off). 

• Like 7