lemonbird throws down a personal gauntlet (challenge 1)

lemonbird

Have been hanging around and reading content from Nerd Fitness for several months.  Thought it was finally time to jump into the community and take an "official" challenge.  Good luck, everybody!  Love seeing how you are all winning your battles and making progress toward being badass superheroes of health and fitness.

Challenge #1:

1. Move every day.

-5 minutes handstand challenge work (28 day handstand challenge

- at least 5 minutes of other movement--run,walk,(walk to mordor), yoga, plank exercises, etc...

2. Drink a green smoothie daily.

3. Track my foods in Cronometer.

Level Up Challenge:

5 minutes of Loving Kindness Meditation daily

• Like 5

Hi Lemonbird!

Have a great first challenge - and have fun with the handstand goals especially! 

• Like 1

Sarah Barr - Level 13 Warhobbit

STR 18 | DEX 7 | STA 17 | CON 38 | WIS 28 | CHA 12

Challenges:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19 20  21  22  23  24  25 (Current)

Accountabiddlydoodlies Group                 Current Weight: 106.1kg                      Recipe Book               

"I hold... that a man should strive to the uttermost for his life's set prize" - Robert Browning

Instagram (Things I have painted or made.)

To-Do List
Idiot Jar Limit: £5.00        Current Idiot Jar Total: £0.00     Current Idiot Jar Forfeit: [TBD].

Welcome to the Rebellion! Don't forget to pop in on your fellow Rebels. :) It helps a lot with accountability.

• Like 1

Level 69 Battle Kitten

Profile photo is ancient but I'm too lazy to change it. 

Battle Log | Current Challenge

MyFitnessPal | Fitbit | Duolingo

Ici je vis la vie que j'ai choisie

Je suis partie pour reconstruire ma vie

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

Thanks for all the encouragement everybody!!! @ IRL 3.5 Monk- We will see how far I get in my progress for this challenge.  when I get to actually being able to do a handstand, I will definitely post pictures.  At the moment, I am still firmly against the wall and working on building up arm/core strenghth.  I do think the inversion challenge is helping shake out some of my spine stiffness that yoga wasn't touching. who knew? @ Bookish Badger- whoa. blow my mind.  who knows, maybe I will be strong enough one day to to just randomly throw some handstand walking in before I make it to mordor.  that would definitely be epic.

on the summary front:

I made it through the first week with progress on all of the challenges, if not quite making it daily. Looks like some grace to myself on the weekends for some of these, will definitely be needed, and the level up challenge, needs some thinking into coming up with a better trigger/time slot for doing the meditation.

1. Move every day:  6/7 for the full goal and 7/7 for handstand work

2. Drink a green smoothie daily: 4/7 days

3. Track my foods in Cronometer: 5/7 days

4. Level Up- 5 minutes of Loving Kindness Meditation daily: 3/7 days

• Like 4

One thing I love about these challenges is that it really makes us think when something doesn't work out the way we planned. Without the structure and cheering section, it's easy to let things slide and just think "oh, I'll try again Monday/Next week/whenever" without really identifying what the sticking point is. 

Good luck to you, I know you can do it!

• Like 2

"'It's time for a few small repairs,' she said." - Shawn Colvin

How's it going this week, Lemonbird?

Challenges:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19 20  21  22  23  24  25 (Current)

Accountabiddlydoodlies Group                 Current Weight: 106.1kg                      Recipe Book               

"I hold... that a man should strive to the uttermost for his life's set prize" - Robert Browning

To-Do List
Idiot Jar Limit: £5.00        Current Idiot Jar Total: £0.00     Current Idiot Jar Forfeit: [TBD].

It's been a while since you updated, so I came here to say that I hope things aren't tough for you at the moment, Lemonbird!

If you're struggling with your challenge, remember we're here and will do our best to help you troubleshoot any problems. 

We believe in you!

• Like 1

To-Do List