Syren Aims to Misbehave

Syren

22397_1.jpg

My Rebellious and Nostalgic Sweep Has Come About!

tumblr_nim2z1c1t11tlcar6o1_400.gif

Workout:

Swim MWF

Strength and/or Flexibility Training TR: a little yoga, maybe a fitness class, something not swimming

firefly-mal-floral-bonnet.gif

Sleep 7 - 8 hours

58331692.jpg

Reduce the Caffeine! → 1 cup of coffee

tumblr_n380oh5CrC1r76r9ao5_500.gif

Leran Something!

Read Before Sleep

Spanish Practice

tumblr_lquq51epmj1qir083o1_500.gif

• Like 3

STRENGTH (0) | DEXTERITY (-1) | CONSTITUTION (1) | WISDOM (3) | INTELLIGENCE (3) | CHARISMA (2)

Syren  -- Chaotic Good -- Human Druish Ranger -- Current Challenge -- Battle Log

Week 0 Report

Monday:

Swim with Masters

Sleep ✔

2 cups of Coffee

Practiced Spanish

No reading...

Tuesday:

Yin Yoga → Restorative yoga is not my speed. My mind wanders way too much for meditative yoga to be fun for me, I'd rather focus on perfecting a form than trying to follow every anxiety that pops into my head.

Sleep ✔

1 cup of Coffee and 2 sodas…

Practiced Spanish

No reading...

Wednesday:

Swim with Masters

Sleep ✔

2 cups of Coffee and a soda…

Practiced Spanish

No reading...

Thursday:

Hot Yoga → I actually really liked this type of yoga, despite the buckets of sweat. It was oddly invigorating. Trying to find a time when I can go back and do it this semester is the tricky part.

Sleep ✔

2 cups of Coffee

Practiced Spanish

No reading...

Friday:

Swim with Masters

Sleep ✔

1 cup of Coffee!

Practiced Spanish

No reading...

Saturday

Sleep ✔

2 cup of Coffee…

Practiced Spanish

No reading...

Sunday

Sleep ✔

1 cup of Coffee… so far

Practiced Spanish

No reading...

• Like 1

STRENGTH (0) | DEXTERITY (-1) | CONSTITUTION (1) | WISDOM (3) | INTELLIGENCE (3) | CHARISMA (2)

Syren  -- Chaotic Good -- Human Druish Ranger -- Current Challenge -- Battle Log

>.>

<.<

*Appears in a puff of smoke.* 

Hi!

It's all about showmanship, right?

Ok, Yay for being female and having organs that scream at you for being unhealthy.

I had to take a bit of a break from the exercising, or so my body said so. I have done more reading, and may have thin inklings of a plan forming for working with stress and trying to figure out how to eat better.

I've been having a terrible time sleeping properly post week 0. Lots of anxiety, primarily about things that do not matter such as: I have no idea what the schedule for ecology Lab is going to be! I do now, the chair of the department finally demanded that the lab coordinator for the course set one. I knew this would happen, but my brain kept chasing its tail about it until it happened. I also had a complete break down worrying about what I am going to do with my life. So it was a fun week 1.

Week 1:

Monday Aug. 29: Swam with masters, but not feeling awesome. Craving food all day. Easily distracted and didn't get much done

Tuesday Aug. 30: Still constantly hungry. Did not workout, wanted to murder everyone after labs...

Wednesday Aug. 31: Too exhausted to workout, for seemingly no reason. Met with a mentor about steps for finding a PhD program, but had a mini breakdown in her office due to things that happened while working on my Master. Had a full breakdown when I got home. I miss the naivety of high school when I knew absolutely what I wanted to do and how to do it. It feels so daunting and I feel so behind that I cannot compete with anyone. Lots of listening to the little voice in my head that keeps going on an on about how I am not good at anything.

Thursday: Made it through lab, but don't really remember doing much of anything in particular. Pretty painful cramps though.

Friday: Made it through lab, first time ever to have bled through any feminine hygiene product in under a couple of hours. Did not happen again for the rest of the day, but kept tabs on it. Finished up the labs for the day, and crashed at home. I hate life.

Saturday: Extremely irritable and uncomfortable, research a little on how to make periods less of an ordeal. Found a book 28 Days Lighter Diet, very granola, so it may be complete bunk, but it talked about physiology very well in between the new age bs. It was at least interesting to read, and the mindset of the book was pretty clear about giving yourself a break: its okay to have a period and take it easy when you do. Some of the information also went along with anxiety control, so two for one?

Sunday Sept. 4: Rest day, take it easy, limited coffee, cooked at home, chill weekend. Also got around to Level Up Your Life because when I take it easy, I read a book a day. Also fun to read, like a very long blog post ;)

Because of all of these things, I changed up my challenge a bit to better fit what I need to do to take more control of my anxiety. 

Start a Journal --> Keep until the end of the year

Meditate 10 minutes a day

Limit the Caffeine --> 1 cup of coffee or black tea and nope to soda, green or herbal tea is ok 

Any kind of exercise ~30 minutes each day unless bleeding to death slowly

The new skills are a bit more druish than scouty, but meh. 

Week 2:

Monday Sept. 5: Light yoga, still taking it easy, had a couple cups of coffee, still pretty chill,Started a journal to help identify anxiety triggers and started meditating for 10 minutes. I am terrible at meditating, but working on it :

Tuesday Sept. 6: Yoga class after working at school. No labs today, but office is a good place to work. One cup of coffee! No soda or sugary snacks like I kept diving into on week 1. Still meditating!

Wednesday Sept. 7: Swam with masters. Coach made Wednesday's fast days -.- no soda, no extra, extra sugar, and still meditating

Thursday Sept 8: Really tight and crampy legs this morning. Need more potassium? Should have gone swimming after lab, but wasn't feeling it, so went on a hike instead. no soda, no extra, extra sugar, and still meditating

Friday Sept. 9: Really sore this morning, more protein? Refrained from soda, but my ecology students kept flaunting around mountain dew on our field trip so I was absolutely in want of one. Got home late and just wanted to relax, so did not pursue strength training. Walked about 5 miles at work though. Still meditated

Saturday Sept. 10: Work in progress

Sunday Sept. 11: Has yet to begin

Sounds like a change of gears was definitely in order. Hope things get easier for you. Also, you get bonus points for coming back and showing some love to all the scouts, which has been sorely lacking around here lately. :encouragement:

• Like 1

Level 11 Sea Dragon

| Current Challenge: |

| Nov '16 | Sept/Oct '16 | Aug/Sep '16 | July/Aug '16 | June/July '16 | May '16 |

| Apr '16 | Mar '16 | Feb '16 | Jan '16 | Nov/Dec '15 |

8 minutes ago, SaltyDragon said:

Sounds like a change of gears was definitely in order. Hope things get easier for you. Also, you get bonus points for coming back and showing some love to all the scouts, which has been sorely lacking around here lately. :encouragement:

We need to find our fearleas leaders! They must be trapped somewhere to be absent for a whole three weeks! 

• Like 2

On 9/12/2016 at 10:38 PM, Syren said:

We need to find our fearleas leaders! They must be trapped somewhere to be absent for a whole three weeks! 

Yeah, the Scout community seems pretty sparse. I wonder what's up with that.

Level 6 Demon Hunter, Novice Troubadour

- - - - - - - - - - - -

Current Challenge

Previous challenges: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7

"I'm trying to free your mind, Neo. But I can only show you the door. You're the one that has to walk through it."